Border problems

Not sure why all of a sudden all my borders in my tables created with
Publisher can only be white.  No other color will show when selected. Opening
a pub file done on another computer where the borders show color, shows white
only.  I have attempted to do a repair on publisher, which gave no help.
Have attempted to uninstalled and reinstall Publisher without clearing the
problem.  Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
0
FirejimCF (2)

Look in the Accessibility Options in the control panel, display tab, disable
"use high contrast."

If that doesn't solve the issue, read the third FAQ here.
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"FirejimCF" <FirejimCF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Not sure why all of a sudden all my borders in my tables created with
> Publisher can only be white.  No other color will show when selected. Opening
> a pub file done on another computer where the borders show color, shows white
> only.  I have attempted to do a repair on publisher, which gave no help.
> Have attempted to uninstalled and reinstall Publisher without clearing the
> problem.  Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
10/27/2006 9:50:35 AM
Thanks for heading me in the right direction.  What I found was a video card
that needed a driver. ATI has some newer drivers to handle issues like this.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Look in the Accessibility Options in the control panel, display tab, disable
> "use high contrast."
>
> If that doesn't solve the issue, read the third FAQ here.
> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "FirejimCF" <FirejimCF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Not sure why all of a sudden all my borders in my tables created with
> > Publisher can only be white.  No other color will show when selected. Opening
> > a pub file done on another computer where the borders show color, shows white
> > only.  I have attempted to do a repair on publisher, which gave no help.
> > Have attempted to uninstalled and reinstall Publisher without clearing the
> > problem.  Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

0
FirejimCF (2)

Problem with Spam filter in OL2003
I'm having a problem with Spam filtering in OL2003. Under Junk email Options I have the level set to High and within International I have a number of TLDs set. All appears to be set correctly but when I receive email it all goes into my Inbox. I do have a Junk Email folder but it has a red crossed circle on it. Maybe this is normal but I'm not sure. Is there some other setting that I am unaware of which is needed to activate the spam blocking? Thanks Bob <bob1030@hotmail.com> wrote: > I'm having a problem with Spam filtering in OL2003. Under Junk email &g...

Exchange 2000 SP3 defrag problem
Hi, Help please, we have deleted heaps of Mailboxes recently in preparation for an Exchange inplace upgrade from Exch 2000sp3 to Exchange 2003. Anyway I like to perform a defrag on the database by copying it to another server, running the defrag and copying it back. This seems to be the safest method. We use Robocopy for this and ran it from the Exchange server. Got an error on the copy saying not enough System resources to complete task. The destination server has 109Gb free on the drive Im copying it to and the Exchange server has 49Gb free where the priv1.edb is stored. So I t...

POP3 mail problem
I set up 3 new machines running XP Pro on a SBS 4.5 network connecting via proxy server 2.0. All apps are fully updated. All have working internet access and internal email. Two of the new clients get internet email, one machine will not get internet email via outlook2k. The "cannot find this POP3 server" error pops up. All three were set up identically. I have deleted and reset the internet mail account and looked at every configuration setting I can find. Any ideas for a likley culprit? thanks S.Low ...

Problem Accessing Macro on Network Drive Using Shortcut
I have a small network with 12 PCs all running word 2003 and Windows XP. There is a word macro on a network drive. I have a link in the startup directory pointing to the macro. This seems to work on most PCs but there are a few that have problems. On the ones it does not work it looks like it ignores the link. I can double click the link and it starts word and the macro correctly. This means the network and link are ok. I can put the macro in the startup dir and it runs correctly. I have disabled/removed anti-virus/firewall programs. I am thinking some word security feature go...

Password / Auto_Open Macro Problem :-(
Hi, I recently made this macro in excel: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.basic.visual.misc/browse_thread/thread/4224d7377faa09d3/e008d26c6bdad365 I then made an Auto_Open macro consisting of the line "call Highlighted_Text()" . My workbook has always had a password. Since opening the workbook with the Auto_Open macro, I am asked for my password as usual. But even though I am entering the correct password, I am told that it is wrong and to check if I have my SHIFT key turned off. I CAN'T ACCESS THE WORKBOOK!!!! I have tried pressing the SHIFT key different ways...

Fuel Consumption Problem
I need to build a worksheet that calculates MPG for a car whenever the tank is filled. The tank is not filled each time, but some times only a few gallons are put in. I need a formula that will do the maths only when the tank is filled. It would need to take into account the partial fillings in order to get the correct MPG. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Rusty Surely it is just sum of miles travelled divided by sum of gallons input? -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Rusty" <kenrussell@optus YOU...

Database problems
I am a computr Tech, I installed RMS for a friend and explained that they need to back it up every night, which i discovered has not been done. Now when I try to use store Ops, I get "login failed" If I go to Ops Admin, I can connect to the DB, but when I test the connection, it tells me "login failed" at one point i even get "the database has been marked suspect by recovery" I cannot ever use Operrations manager Help me PLEASE -- Terry Terry, Are you sure you are using the correct SQL SA password? How did you copy/install/place the database onto the com...

Problems with ngs
There's seems to be a problem with the ngs (surprise!). It looks like no posts are making it through to the MS web interface which explains why we are seeing all these duplicate posts in newsreaders. The last post on the MS web interface for this group is titled "Using Verifiers". -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP Believe they have just released the dam for this ng, Biff All of the bottled ng richness are flowing freely again -- Max Singapore --- "T. Valko" wrote: > There's seems to be a problem with the ngs (surprise!). It looks like no...

Macro command problem
I am trying to assign a macro to a command button. The only way i kno how to do it is to insert a command button and then when i release th mouse the "assign button" should come up. But its not doing it for som reason. And when i try to copy and paste the code into the button it brings m up a load of errors. Is there any other way i can assign a macro? Cheers Joh -- johncouzin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- johncouzins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2560 View this thread: http://www.exc...

Problem with dxdiag and fullscreen applications
Hi there! I have a problem with my new computer that many people had, but couldn't find a solution that works for me. The problem shows in two ways: First, the Direct3D test of dxdiag is aborted with a message that it was canceled by pressing a key - but I didn't press a key, my keyboard works flawlessly and I don't have any strange keyboard driver or additional tools installed. Second, some fullscreen applications like Age of Empires 2 or Milkdrop, when the application changes the resolution (e.g. the AoE menu uses 800x600) the application is minimized and can...

sync problems #3
I am having two problems synch 1. With MSN Money, will not sync data saying information is needed, but I can log on to site with no poblem and when I go to send a bill have no problem. 2. Sync with MSN Web keeps saying updates are temporarily unavaialbe (been a couple of months since I was able to do so). I own Microsoft Money 2006 (upgraded serveral times from earlier versions. Any suggestions? I have the same problem as do others on this site. I bet you installed the beta of IE 7 as I did. even though I uninstalled it the syncing does not work. John "BillB" <BillB...

Page Preview/Print Problem
When I do a page preview, each cell in the worksheet appears as a separate page, and when I try to change the page layout, I can not get past a "margins do not fit page size" error. I have followed all the help instructions on formatting a worksheet to a single page, but nothing works. Does anyone have any suggestions? What version of Excel and window are you using? "laura@basi-usa.com" wrote: > When I do a page preview, each cell in the worksheet appears as a separate > page, and when I try to change the page layout, I can not get past a "...

MIDL Problem by creating TypeLib from IDL
Hi, I receive the following error message when I call the MIDL compiler to create a Typlib from an IDL File (translated from german): "The application can not be startet, because mspdb60.dll could not be found." The mspdb60.dll exists on the computer. The error number 1003 is shown. How can I solve this problem? Thanks Christian > "The application can not be startet, because mspdb60.dll could not be > found." > The mspdb60.dll exists on the computer. The error number 1003 is shown. Is mspdb60.dll in a location described in you PATH environment variable? It s...

SQL 2008, problem setting Identity Specification
Hi, I'm trying to set an IdentityColumn on a table. But I get the following error when I try that "Saving changes is not permitted. The changes you have made require the following tables to be created and re-created. You have either made changes to a table that can't be re-created or enabled the option Prevent saving changes that require table to be re-created." I have never seen this kind of error in pervious version of SQL. I am the db_owner on this database. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. Such operation requires re-creation of the table and the ...

XP/Pub97 print problem
Looking for help last night I saw a question concerning using Publisher 97 on XP. Since the answer was yes, I have a different question. I used to print statements with publisher, and had a clip-art at the top. Now, since I upgraded to XP, the clip-art does not print. Late last night I found that if I save the file then reload it, I can print one copy. The second print operation drops the clip-art. As long as I reload the file first, I can print another copy. I feel this is a 'settings' problem, but can't find anything that seems to fit. I really don't know where to loo...

MAPI Problem with Exchange 2000 and ARCServe Agent
My ARCServe BrightStore backup software will no longer perform a bricks-level backup (information store backup works fine). The bricks-level backup uses MAPI functions where the information store backup does not. The ARCServe tech support finally determined the problem is with my Exchange 2000 server and not their software. The only change I made to my network recently is I upgraded my Windows 2000 domain to a Windows 2003 domain using domainprep and forestprep because I wanted to upgrade only my domain controllers to Windows 2003. My Exchange 2000 server is sitting on a Windows 2000 Se...

Large BLOB problem
Hi,I am using SQL Server 2000 as backend, where I store files, so i came to problem when I fill IMAGE (OLE Object) field with files larger tha 50 mb.Table is linked to access 97 application, i use DAO GetChunk and AppendChunk methods.Error (ODBC call failed) emerges when I call Update method of recordset object.I've run some tests with same table structure using access97 db as backend and everything works fine, files of 150 mb are 'uploaded' without problem.When I use SQL Server 2000 as backend , i can't insert more than 50mb into field.What is the problem?Cache between access...

Problem with Importing .csv into Excel
Hi, I have a csv file with a number of words (probably 1000-2000) separated by the "|" character. I wanted to import this file into Excel (Office 2003 Excel), so that I could get each word on a separate line so I could paste them into a blank text document. The problem is, when I go to import the .csv file, Excel imports each word into a column heading, & seeing as how it is limited to 256 columns, my file is not fully imported. I see that Excel has a 65000 row limit, which is more then enough, but I cannot see a way to get Excel to import each word as a separate row, rather tha...

Excel 2007 Minor Problem
The color palette in 2007 does not match the old palette in 2003. Is it possible to write a program to automatically reset the theme to the old default colors from Excel 2003? Is the default theme stored in the registry? If so, does anyone know the key to change? I don't think so, but when saving a workbook as 97-2003, you can specify what colours will be seen. It will default to the 97-2003 default palette, but you can change it if so desired. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) <ericallenpaul@gmail.com> wrote in ...

Problems with formating and formulas in Excel 2002
I am having problems with the sum formula in Excel 2002. I take a straight copy of data in an acess database (not an export) and paste it into an excel spreadsheet. I can not seem to format the cells nor can I use the Sum formula to calculate. If I manually re-type all the numeric value these problems seem to disappear. The problems seem to have started when Access XP was installed onto the PC but niether removing Access no re- installing the PC has worked to correct this problem. Has anyone else seen something similar? Hi It sounds to me like the cells are coming in as text, rathe...

Sorting problem #9
I have a worksheet with 5 columns and 5 rows. A number gets entered into each cell (A1:E5). I need to sort so that each number is placed in sequential order (smallest to largest) across the columns and down the rows (see example below). Can this be done? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Patrick, You could use another block of formulas, which wouldn't affect the original entries, but could be used in their place. Enter this into cell G1, then copy to G1:K5. =SMALL($A$1:$E$5,(ROW()-ROW($G...

New G5 tower has problem opening Word 2004 #2
In article <ee8887d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, coni@officeformac.com wrote: > I have a brand new G5 running OSX 10.4.10. I have installed Office 2004, and > am having trouble launching Word. After double clicking, it opens a blank > window and then freezes as it works it way through the "optomizing font > performance" bar at the bottom of the window. <br><br>It starts to give me a > warning box for one font after another that says "This font is corrupt and > should be removed." I believe, however, that Word itself it installing t...

SetCursor() problem...
Hi! I have already asked here some days ago, but no one responded... I have trouble with OnCursor on a derived CStatic... I'm using the ON_WM_SETCURSOR message with OnSetCursor(CWnd*,UINT,UINT) Inside the OnSetCursor I'm using the SetCursor with LoadCursor But nothing happens... If I do the same on the main window, it works just fine, but it does not catch the OnSetCursor of the child window... (I can call the main window's OnSetCursor from the control, but I do not think this is the right way) Any help appreciated... Thanks! Make sure the static control is created with the ...

How do I type labels with a border or picture? 01-14-10
I want to create labels for jars and containers and make the labels decorative with either a border or a picture of fruit, etc. See http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sunshine Soo" <Sunshine Soo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7078AFAA-1054-4EFB-B7DA-8EC15BB85A10@microsoft.com... >I want to create labels for jars and containers and make the labels > decorative with either a border or a picture of fruit, etc. > ...

starting Excel from Command
Hi, Created a XLT workbook which "should" load data from an XML File. In order to do that, I added in my registry a new extension and linked it to Excel... Anyway, I can't figure out the correct command line to set the xml path as a parameter to my xlt file... I already have to function which retrieve the parameters list. In my Shell/Open/Command registry key, I tried this : "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" "/%1" "MyTemplatePath" Where %1 is my xml file path. Unsuccesfull... Please help :( You could saving this in the XL...