booklet printing - the second page comes out upside down

I have been sent a publisher document which I need to print as a booklet, but
when I try to do this the middle pages come out upside down. anyone else had
this problem??

0
Jill (36)

Jill wrote:
> I have been sent a publisher document which I need to print as a booklet, but
> when I try to do this the middle pages come out upside down. anyone else had
> this problem??

If your printer is automatically printing double sided, you need to
change the options for the duplexer in your printer driver to from
"booklet" to "tablet" (or vice-versa) or "long-edge" to "short-edge" (or
vice-versa), or toggle the check box marked "flip pages up".

If you are printing double-sided by hand, simply rotate the paper
through 180° before reinserting it into the printer.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Jill wrote:
> > I have been sent a publisher document which I need to print as a booklet, but
> > when I try to do this the middle pages come out upside down. anyone else had
> > this problem??
>
> If your printer is automatically printing double sided, you need to
> change the options for the duplexer in your printer driver to from
> "booklet" to "tablet" (or vice-versa) or "long-edge" to "short-edge" (or
> vice-versa), or toggle the check box marked "flip pages up".
>
> If you are printing double-sided by hand, simply rotate the paper
> through 180° before reinserting it into the printer.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
Cammylynn (1)
9/4/2009 4:53:01 PM
Cammylynn wrote:
>    I am trying to print a fold booklet for the first time on a double side
> enabled printer as well.  the first pages print fine, then the backside
> prints upside down.  I have tried  all sorts of combinations of clicking the
> rotate 180*, flip short edge and 'double sided- flip pages up' to no avail.

Are you auto or manual duplexing?

> Is there any way to get live phone support with someone today?

a) This is peer-to-peer support. All the answers you get here (including
from me) are from users like yourself. We do not give out our phone
numbers for obvious reasons, and we prefer to answer in public so
everyone can benefit from the answers.

b) This is (almost certainly) an issue with your printer driver's setup,
  so there's not much that Microsoft phone support could do anyway.
You'd need to contact your printer manufacturer.

> Or is there a
> way to print page 1 & 8 separate from 2 & 7, 3&6, 4&5 and I can just feed
> them in to print on the backside?  I can do that, but don't know how to get
> Publisher to just print page 1 & 8 together.

Publisher 2003 and earlier: File > Print > From page 1 to 1 > OK > Print
as separate booklet = no.
Publisher 2007: File > Print > Pages 8,1

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6342)

Cant send urls, pages
Just upgraded from 2002 to 2003. Now I can not send interesting websites to friends, associates, or send links the way I used to. I went in and adjusted several security levels to no avail. It is probably something simple but I am not seeing it ~Thank Michele Katmido <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Just upgraded from 2002 to 2003. Now I can not send interesting > websites to friends, associates, or send links the way I used to. I > went in and adjusted several security levels to no avail. Include the URL in a plain text message and it will get through. Don...

extra pages on reports
hello all. I have the same issue with 2 reports that I have created. They both have sub-reports attached to them. The problem is that each report has a blank page in addition to the report. How can I delete the blank page from the report format? Any help would be appreciated. ...

Printing fast on a dot matrix printer
How does one print fast on a dot matrix printer without any doule print or draft ourput which does not appear on the print properties when you select Epson dot matrix printer. There are 17 columns in a report that I want to print but without any double printing or printing the same line twice.(I have suceeded in doing that) i.e in quick mode. One could easily do that in lotus1-2-3. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks -- LEARNING MS OFFICE THOROUGHLLY ...

Why when I print out a spreadsheet on Excel it doesn't have lines
Please tell me how to get lines(rows and columns) on my paper when I print out my spreadsheet using excel? Go to the File menu and choose Page Setup. There, select the Sheet tab and put a check mark in the Gridlines checkbox. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "johnson001" <johnson001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB9FAA5D-7856-4680-8F08-BB0D999F5C05@microsoft.com... > Please tell me how to get lines(rows and columns) on my paper > when I print > out my spreadsheet using excel...

Background color on a tab page with XP theme
I have a dialog with a tab control on it. Tab pages are created from dialog resources. When the tab control displays, the tabs are "white" and the background of the tab pages is the COLOR_BTNFACE color. When I call EnableThemeDialogTexture for the dialog page object, now the background of the dialog appears to be "white" while the tab page has a white gradient getting darker toward the bottom. This leaves an outline around where my dialog resource is being displayed. How do I get the gradient to come out right? Do I need to call DrawThemeBackground on the page?...

Second window for second excel file
How to open second excel fine in seperate window Hi goto 'Tools - Options - View' and check 'Windows in taskbar' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Murthy wrote: > How to open second excel fine in seperate window ...

Page Break in Access Report
How do I get rid of the last page break in a report? The last page of my report is always followed by a blank page. Hi CC, How many pages is your report? If it is normally only one page, then the last page would be page 2. One possible cause of this symptom is having a report that is too wide. For example, if you are printing Portrait, on 8 1/2" X 11" paper, the following applies: 8.5 <= Left Margin + Report Width + Right Margin If your report is more than one page of data, and the sum of the above three settings is greater than 8.5 inches, then the classic sympto...

Code Page problem in SetWindowText
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C7EFB3.937325D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I've created a MFC project in MBCS. I need to show some set special = characters ( ASCII code > 128) in a CStatic controls. It shows correctly = in all English locale window. However all those special character = becames "?" in non-English window. How to solve this problem? Here's = part of my source code void MySprcialCharacterDlg::OnUpdate() { TCHAR stringToShow[10]; Ze...

Page Numbering #17
Hi, I'm working on my first newsletter using Publisher 2003. It is going well, but I have a confusing problem with page numbering. The newsletter is four pages long. I took the original page numbers off, and made new text boxes for the title and page #. Page 1 is fine (and not numbered) Page 4 is fine. But page 2 and 3 keep changing back and forth. If I save page 2, page 3 becomes page 2 also. Same if I save page 3 - page 2 changes back to page 3. I've tried everythinig I can think of. Any ideas? Thanks -- LeslieJ You are changing the Master page, by doing so you are ...

Converting from page-layout program to Word
I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2003. I have a document that was formatted for some ancient page-layout program that won't even run under Windows XP, so I'd like to put it all into Word. It's currently in a tag-style format; for example, to italicize some section, it needs surrounding tags, like this: <W0I>Passage to be italicized.<D> The document is huge, so I need to use Replace all to turn all of these into italics in Word. Is there a way to turn such passages, wherever they occur, into italicized text in Word, dropping the tags on either sid...

Errors exist in the page of http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx
So i can't save my options. When i open the IE browse, it will always pop up this page. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running in the background when you inst...

Printing Tent Cards
I'm using Word 2003 & trying to print several tent cards with a single name on them. The first three printed fine and were centered. All of a sudden, they're printing to the left, but not quite left justified. What happened? How do I fix this? Thanks Maybe you accidentally touched a key combination that changed to left- justify, and your paragraph style has an indent? Turn on Show Non-Printing Characters (Ctrl-Shift-8) to be sure you don't have stray spaces or tabs or something before the line, and be sure to use the correct paragraph style (are you using a d...

Conditional Printing of Certain Fields in A Report
i need to have a conditional printing of some fields (SEE BELOW) VENDOR SHARE $999.99 LESS TAX $999.99 country ENGLAND tax (%) 20% AMT DUE $999.99 how do I print only these 5 lines when the tax amount is not zero. Also how do i combine line 2,3 & 4 and looks like LESS ENGLAND (20%) TAX instead. I tried doing the following: ="LESS" & [COUNTRY] &"(" &[TAX (%)] &")" in the control source but i got a #ERROR error Any help would be appreciated. Kevin T <Kevin T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i need to...

Print multiple pages per Sheet in Excel 2003
I have a spreadsheet with 12 rows that goes for many columns ( with formulas). Is there a way to print this where three pages are on each piece of paper? How about inserting a new worksheet, then copying and pasting (as values) to that new sheet. Then print that "helper" worksheet. If you have to do this lots, this may be worth the trouble. Insert a new sheet. select a nice range on the original sheet Edit|copy go to the new worksheet shift-edit|Paste picture link Repeat so that you have pictures of the ranges so it prints the way you want. Then print this helper worksheet. Th...

bar chart prints 1 unwanted horizontal row of dots & tick marks?
Office Excel 2007. Anyone encounter this? The sheet I'm printing is 19 columns wide by 69 rows high with portrait orientation. Bar chart is set between row 25 and 47 horizontally. The x-axis is increasing months. 2 vertical bars are set between the major gridlines. It so happens that the chart vertical gridlines are very close to lining up with the spreadsheet cells above/below the chart. Print preview shows nothing unusual, but when printed, 1 row right throught the middle of the chart has 1 to 2 dots and a character high tick mark appear to the right of each right most(second) bar...

Printing a small publication
I am using Publisher 2000. I have made a small publication consisting of 8 pages size A5. Now I want to print say 3 copies of the publication I have a standard Minolta Magicolor 2430 laser printer, which can only print on one side of the A4 paper (no duplex printing) When I select page 1 and CtrlP, Active page, 3 copies, uncheck sets (I do not know the English term, but I get all page 1 and then all page 2 etc.) and finally OK, the printer prints 3 sheet with page 1 and page 8. (side by side filling the A4 sheet) Now I want to print pages 2 and 7 on the other side of page 1 and 8 by inse...

OWA cannot authenticate mailboxes on second mailbox server
Hi At one site we have an exchange 2003 standard server as a frontend server in our dmz and an exchange 2003 enterprise mailbox server in the trusted network. OWA works fine for all uses and password change and forms authentication are configured. We have installed a second mailbox server in the same admin group. If i move a mailbox from the original mailbox server to the new mailbox server I am unable to logon to to the mailbox via OWA, the forms username/password page just continues to come back again and again, this happens from any of our OWA servers in different sites to this new...

Printing a User Form
I have a user form using columns A-V in Excel which scrolls down to Row 200. Each row contains customer details in the colums A to V e.g, Name/Address/ Contact Numbers/ Age etc. As I scroll down the list of custermers their details appear in the relevant boxes on the User Form. Is it possible when a customers details fill in the relevant boxes that I can print the User Form with just their details. I hane placed a Command Button ( Print ) on the User Form however cannot get it to print. Any help would be much appreciated. Hi Mully, > I hane placed a Command Button ( Print ) on the...

Excel worksheet saved as web page--trouble printing
I have an worksheet that uses a graphic for a background, which I hav also saved in HTML using the Save as a Web Page option. The web pag looks great--but just like the excel background graphic, th "background" graphic in the webpage won't print out for me. Is there any way to fix this so that the graphic will print when print the web page? Thanks--Ki -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com check the background printing options within the tools, options menu and also the printer properties. hope that helped. >-----Original Message----- >I have an workshee...

DLL-Hell: delay-load dependency problems only the second time
I have a problem with strange symptoms. My application loads my DLL the following way: typedef bool (*FooPtr) (void); { HINSTANCE hInstDll = AfxLoadLibrary(lpszModuleName); if (!hInstDll) return; // fails the second time we come here FooPtr pFoo = (FooPtr) GetProcAddress(hInstDll, "Foo"); bool bRetVal = (pFoo)(); AfxFreeLibrary(hInstDll); } It works fine on many computers, it works the first time executed on every machine tested. On some machines, executing this code after a short time again, it fails. I have observed it on both Win2k and WinXP. Using DependencyWalker...

How do I print save as files?
Someone sent me an excel spreadsheet. I made some corrections and saved it in the save as option. Now its in OLKD and I can not print it or send it back to the customer with the corrections because it can not open. I am totally new at this.Please can someone help me open it for review and to print and maybe move it? Thanks in Advance.Molly You didn't do a Save As and change the directory. It was a temp directory and may or may not be available. If there's any hope, this is it: http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How...

Defining Print Ranges From Pivot Tables
I have a Excel Spreadsheet that contains 3 workbooks, two of which contain data, one of which contains data which my pivot table on the third workbook feeds off. When in the pivot table i have added 4 four more columns of calculations on the right hand side of the pivot table. These columns use data from the pivot table and the data sheet to perform the calculations. As the amount of data changes variably on what is selected from a field within the pivot table i have had to use iserror and isna formulas so when there is only a short table the colums to the right return blanks rather than error...

Import data from a web page
I've read the suggestions about this topic and none of them work. The only thing I am able to do is manually copy and paste data from a website to my Excel worksheet. In the past, with the previous version of Excel I had a web query that worked but now I just get an error message that says the query retrieved no data. Following the instructions in the error message window yields no results. Has anyone else had this problem and arrived at a solution? What version of Excel, previous version is not descriptive of what you had what you have now. And it possibly does not matter. In...

Why does my Excel document only prints the underscores?
I printed Sheet 1 of 4 and only the underscores printed. All other pages printed correctly. ...

"Parking" a second domain in Exchange.
Hi, Is it possible to "park" an additional domain on top of a domain in Exchange? By way of example, what I'm after is to set it up so that any email sent to a_user_name@domain-name-2.org where a_user_name is _any_ valid user account for domain-name-1.org will automatically be delivered to the correct user. Is it possible to do this at a high level, for any/all users, without having to go in to edit each individual user's account to allow them to recieve emails sent to the second domain name? Thanks in advance, Ben If Exchange 2000, you get the MX to point to your server...