Booklet, printing both sides of paper

I think I have the booklet setup somewhat correct.
I have 8 pages listed at the bottom. Page is 4.25 by 11.
I type what I want in each page, and print it, but where a page should be on
the back, the back is blank. I see the 8 pages, and they print all on one
side, I am using the full 8.5, a page is 4.25, face to face (Hope that isn't
too confusing.)
Page 1 is the front (or cover page) page 2 should be on the other side of
that , but is page 4 when printed.
It must be a set up problem?
Thanks Bruce

For an eight page booklet it will take two sheets of paper. First sheet will
have pages two and seven on one side and pages one and eight on the back.
The second sheet will have pages four and five on one side and pages three
and seven on the back. The booklet page is 4�"x5�".  Be sure when setting up
the page you select landscape and not portrait.  Also when printing select
two sided printing.

If you do much booklet creating you should get a "long arm" stapler.  And if
you exceed four sheets of paper you'll appreciate "chisel point" staples.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Brucefl" <Thisisnotreal@no.com> wrote in message
> I think I have the booklet setup somewhat correct.
> I have 8 pages listed at the bottom. Page is 4.25 by 11.
> I type what I want in each page, and print it, but where a page should be
on
> the back, the back is blank. I see the 8 pages, and they print all on one
> side, I am using the full 8.5, a page is 4.25, face to face (Hope that
isn't
> too confusing.)
> Page 1 is the front (or cover page) page 2 should be on the other side of
> that , but is page 4 when printed.
> It must be a set up problem?
> Thanks Bruce

If your booklet is to be several copies, the folks at Office Depot will
assemble, print staple and trim for a reasonable price. I'm in no way
connected with Office Depot, I've just had several jobs with 32 page
booklets done there.
"Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
> For an eight page booklet it will take two sheets of paper. First sheet
> will
> have pages two and seven on one side and pages one and eight on the back.
> The second sheet will have pages four and five on one side and pages three
> and seven on the back. The booklet page is 4�"x5�".  Be sure when setting
> up
> the page you select landscape and not portrait.  Also when printing select
> two sided printing.
>
> If you do much booklet creating you should get a "long arm" stapler.  And
> if
> you exceed four sheets of paper you'll appreciate "chisel point" staples.
>
> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Brucefl" <Thisisnotreal@no.com> wrote in message
>> I think I have the booklet setup somewhat correct.
>> I have 8 pages listed at the bottom. Page is 4.25 by 11.
>> I type what I want in each page, and print it, but where a page should be
> on
>> the back, the back is blank. I see the 8 pages, and they print all on one
>> side, I am using the full 8.5, a page is 4.25, face to face (Hope that
> isn't
>> too confusing.)
>> Page 1 is the front (or cover page) page 2 should be on the other side of
>> that , but is page 4 when printed.
>> It must be a set up problem?
>> Thanks Bruce

0
Chuck
2/22/2005 2:52:31 AM
Brucefl <Thisisnotreal@no.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> I think I have the booklet setup somewhat correct.
> I have 8 pages listed at the bottom. Page is 4.25 by 11.
> I type what I want in each page, and print it, but where a page
> should be on the back, the back is blank. I see the 8 pages, and they
> print all on one side, I am using the full 8.5, a page is 4.25, face
> to face (Hope that isn't too confusing.)

Do you mean 11?  Or are you folding a portrait-oriented page vertically to
make an ultra-thin booklet?

> Page 1 is the front (or cover page) page 2 should be on the other
> side of that , but is page 4 when printed.

If you have the publications set up as Booklet/Book Fold, then you will need
to print each page in sequence

i.e. the second page to print goes on the back of the first page, the fourth
page goes on the back of the third page.  1 and 3 go on clean sheets of
paper.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
2/22/2005 7:44:14 AM
I have it set up as portrait. I figured this way I can do two booklets at a
time. I can cut them in half after all the sheets are printed.
If I set the printer to double sided printer, the 2nd page prints correctly,
but page 3 (which is the 2nd sheet of paper) is blank, then  page 4 is
correct, page 5 is actually page 3?
Does the newsgroup allow attachments? Might be easier to show what I am
trying to do?

looking at what I have now, pages 1, 2, 7, 8 should be on the first sheet?
Then 3,4,5,6 should print on the 2nd sheet?
This is the layout as I see it in Publisher,

In booklet form then, the numbered pages, aren't as they print?

Thanks Bruce

"Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
> For an eight page booklet it will take two sheets of paper. First sheet
> will
> have pages two and seven on one side and pages one and eight on the back.
> The second sheet will have pages four and five on one side and pages three
> and seven on the back. The booklet page is 4�"x5�".  Be sure when setting
> up
> the page you select landscape and not portrait.  Also when printing select
> two sided printing.
>
> If you do much booklet creating you should get a "long arm" stapler.  And
> if
> you exceed four sheets of paper you'll appreciate "chisel point" staples.
>
> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Brucefl" <Thisisnotreal@no.com> wrote in message
>> I think I have the booklet setup somewhat correct.
>> I have 8 pages listed at the bottom. Page is 4.25 by 11.
>> I type what I want in each page, and print it, but where a page should be
> on
>> the back, the back is blank. I see the 8 pages, and they print all on one
>> side, I am using the full 8.5, a page is 4.25, face to face (Hope that
> isn't
>> too confusing.)
>> Page 1 is the front (or cover page) page 2 should be on the other side of
>> that , but is page 4 when printed.
>> It must be a set up problem?
>> Thanks Bruce

On your monitor, is the work area (page size) 4�"Wx5�"H? If not try it at
this size and when it comes time to print the booklet, run the paper through
twice to get two booklets.

This will require you to set the paper size (as above) in the printer
settings.

Also verify you have the most current printer driver.

If you like, you can send the file (zipped) to me if it is a Publisher 2000
or older format.

My real address is:

dschmidtATpacifierDOTcom  <== change the obvious

--

> I have it set up as portrait. I figured this way I can do two booklets at
> time. I can cut them in half after all the sheets are printed.
> If I set the printer to double sided printer, the 2nd page prints
correctly,
> but page 3 (which is the 2nd sheet of paper) is blank, then  page 4 is
> correct, page 5 is actually page 3?
> Does the newsgroup allow attachments? Might be easier to show what I am
> trying to do?
>
> looking at what I have now, pages 1, 2, 7, 8 should be on the first sheet?
> Then 3,4,5,6 should print on the 2nd sheet?
> This is the layout as I see it in Publisher,
>
> In booklet form then, the numbered pages, aren't as they print?
>
> Thanks Bruce
>
> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
> > For an eight page booklet it will take two sheets of paper. First sheet
> > will
> > have pages two and seven on one side and pages one and eight on the
back.
> > The second sheet will have pages four and five on one side and pages
three
> > and seven on the back. The booklet page is 4�"x5�".  Be sure when
setting
> > up
> > the page you select landscape and not portrait.  Also when printing
select
> > two sided printing.
> >
> > If you do much booklet creating you should get a "long arm" stapler.
And
> > if
> > you exceed four sheets of paper you'll appreciate "chisel point"
staples.

> > --
> > Don
> > Vancouver, USA
> >

> > "Brucefl" <Thisisnotreal@no.com> wrote in message
> >> I think I have the booklet setup somewhat correct.
> >> I have 8 pages listed at the bottom. Page is 4.25 by 11.
> >> I type what I want in each page, and print it, but where a page should
be
> > on
> >> the back, the back is blank. I see the 8 pages, and they print all on
one
> >> side, I am using the full 8.5, a page is 4.25, face to face (Hope that
> > isn't
> >> too confusing.)
> >> Page 1 is the front (or cover page) page 2 should be on the other side
of
> >> that , but is page 4 when printed.
> >> It must be a set up problem?
> >> Thanks Bruce

When you setup your booklet in page setup, input 4.25 X 5.5, This gives you two
copies per page.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"brucefl" <thisisnotreal@no.com> wrote in message
>I have it set up as portrait. I figured this way I can do two booklets at a time. I
>can cut them in half after all the sheets are printed.
> If I set the printer to double sided printer, the 2nd page prints correctly, but
> page 3 (which is the 2nd sheet of paper) is blank, then  page 4 is correct, page 5
> is actually page 3?
> Does the newsgroup allow attachments? Might be easier to show what I am trying to
> do?
>
> looking at what I have now, pages 1, 2, 7, 8 should be on the first sheet? Then
> 3,4,5,6 should print on the 2nd sheet?
> This is the layout as I see it in Publisher,
>
> In booklet form then, the numbered pages, aren't as they print?
>
> Thanks Bruce
>
> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
>> For an eight page booklet it will take two sheets of paper. First sheet will
>> have pages two and seven on one side and pages one and eight on the back.
>> The second sheet will have pages four and five on one side and pages three
>> and seven on the back. The booklet page is 4�"x5�".  Be sure when setting up
>> the page you select landscape and not portrait.  Also when printing select
>> two sided printing.
>>
>> If you do much booklet creating you should get a "long arm" stapler.  And if
>> you exceed four sheets of paper you'll appreciate "chisel point" staples.
>>
>> --
>> Don
>> Vancouver, USA
>>

>> "Brucefl" <Thisisnotreal@no.com> wrote in message
>>> I think I have the booklet setup somewhat correct.
>>> I have 8 pages listed at the bottom. Page is 4.25 by 11.
>>> I type what I want in each page, and print it, but where a page should be
>> on
>>> the back, the back is blank. I see the 8 pages, and they print all on one
>>> side, I am using the full 8.5, a page is 4.25, face to face (Hope that
>> isn't
>>> too confusing.)
>>> Page 1 is the front (or cover page) page 2 should be on the other side of
>>> that , but is page 4 when printed.
>>> It must be a set up problem?
>>> Thanks Bruce

0
gsauer (5093)

Hide Section on Print
Hello Everyone, I modified the Account Entity to support my supplier information as well; once user selects the "Supplier" from the "Customer Type" pick list, I hide or show the needed tabs. This all works beautifully, but (there is always a BUT) when we print the form the unused sections show up. Any thoughts or suggestions would greatly appreciated on how to hide these unused sections. R/ A. Akin Hi Awakin, I don't think there is any way to modify the contents of the print page when the standard print button on a form is used. Perhaps you could use a Reporting ...

New help with setting up printing
I am helping a friend with a 50th class reunion. I am uning a booklet style and have the middle two pages as a picutre, and a front and back cover. The pages in the middle will be class mates in alphibetical order. Not sure how to set up the pages between the cover and the center. Total of 12 pages with 1 being front 12 being back and 6 & 7 being the picture in the middle. I need to know where to start the bios on all the classmates to make them come out in order in the booklet. Thanks in advamce. What version Publisher? The catalog merge maybe your solution. Otherwise, you have 8 ...

Envelope Printing
I created a card in publisher but cannot find an envelope to put it in. Is there a program that can print fold marks for a 5.5 x 4.25 card. If not, how can one effectively suggest that this feature be included in Publisher? FYI, most any Office Supply stores have envelopes the size you want. They are made especially for computer 8�"x11" (folded) cards. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ECA654F-A727-4968-8D60-C5B6F687A989@microsoft.com... >I created a card in publis...

print userguide
Is there a way to print out the complete userguide in MoneyPlus 2009. Or is there a book on Money I can get. Thanks Duane ...

printing error #2
unable to print an excel document received in an e-mail, then saved to disk. Other documents saved or received from e-mails print just fine. ...

Collections management Query letters print error
In GP I am getting an error message "A get/change first operation on table 'CN_Printer_settings' has caused an unknown error (469)" when I try to print invoices, statements, and Letters from a Query. Then when I continue I get a message that says, "A save operation on table 'CN_Printing_settings' has filled the disk" Could someone please help me fix this? Thanks, Jon ...

Non Printing of Cell borders
Hi I have been asked to do a small xcell spreadsheet invoice layout for a local charity To make the layout simple to use i have a border around some input cells However the charity use preprinted invoices so i dont need the cell borders printed Is there a way to keep the border onscreen and not have the cell borders printed thanks -- paul007 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ paul007's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28462 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480793 You c...

Lotus 123 print, formula, format, ect
How can I get Excel to emulate Lotus 123 commands such as: print range, + - (formula) range, move information and calulatons. ...

Invoice print settings don't save?
I have gone through the print setup and selected the printer and a template. The problem is the template I select doesn't stay selected into the next session. How can I get the default invoice template to change? I have this same problem. Has anybody been able to figure out how to change the "default" template that is used when an invoice is printed? I don't want to have to change the selected template every session. I am using Money 2005 Small Biz. Thanks, Justin "Jon R. Helms" wrote: > I have gone through the print setup and selected the > pri...

Trial Balance prints no details when I limit it to 1 account
Just upgraded to GP80 from 7.5 Pervasive on 1 of the companies the trial balance prints blank when I limit it to just 1 account, if I limit it to 2 accounts it works fine. I've tried the automated solution to fix the gl00105 and it didn't make a difference. any ideas where to look next? checked links on all the financial series too, We've experienced this problem with some clients. The problem we found was in the GL00105 table. The ACTNUMST field was not the proper concatenation of the ACTNUMBR fields from importing the chart of accounts using Table Import. "Ian D...

How do I make a stacked column chart with side-by-side comparison.
Looking at making a stacked column chart. But I want it to look like a clustered column, able to compare 2 items next to each other. Any thoughts? Take a look at Jon Peltier's site. He has lots of examples of different chart types. I'll start you out on the page you might want to look at. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html "Tim" wrote: > Looking at making a stacked column chart. But I want it to look like a > clustered column, able to compare 2 items next to each other. Any thoughts? Here's a page with links to clustered-stacke...

Printing Journal Receipts in HQ
Hi, I am trying to print journaled transaction receipts from HQ but each time the information on the left hand side is missing. E.G. Transaction would appear as 'nsaction'. The whole left hand side is missing. I have tried both A4 printers and an Epson TM88 windows printer but same result. If anyone has any ideas or solutions I would be grateful. Thanks. ...

Help with printing gridlines
I have a wksht where I can see the gridlines, and have selected a checkmark to print out with the gridlines. However, if I do a print preview or print, the gridlines are missing in the output. I must have turned something off accidentally. Bob "The Dog Breeders List" <rltutt@earthlink.net> wrote in news:BF14336F-FD99-4635-80EA-030D2DF242D7@microsoft.com: > I have a wksht where I can see the gridlines, and have selected a > checkmark to print out with the gridlines. However, if I do a print > preview or print, the gridlines are missing in the output. I must have >...

Printing Labels in Publisher
Trying to print several labels on one page with different addresses but page only shows one label and then whole pagesprints out same address. Can anyone help ASAP since Miscrosoft wants to charge a charity $35.00 for tech support on this? You must setup a database with all your names and addresses then do a merge. Publisher has excellent help files that will walk you through the process. There are good tutorials here http://www.kvalheim.org/ -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "R." <anonymous@discussions...

need help printing on a form
How do i print a list addresses that i have saved in excel on a form from like an address book. i dont know how to arrange the address name etc... manually before printing. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It may be easiest to print the list by using Microsoft Word's Mail Merge feature to pull the data from Excel. There's information on the Word MVPs' web site: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/ help_needed wrote: > How do i print a list addresses that i have saved in excel on a form > from like an address book. i dont know how to arrange t...

can you edit a print shop file in publisher?
Is the print shop software compatible with MS Publisher. No, it is not compatible. You could export your printshop item as an image and insert that image into Publisher, but you will only be able to edit the image as an image, you won't be able to edit text, etc. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tthomas" <Tthomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96D872CD-E940-4891-86F9-23F0E21CC8F2@microsoft.com... > Is the print shop softwa...

Cannot select paper size in MS word
I have a problem with MS word when I am working offline from the office network. I do not have the selection to choose which paper size I want to use. But when I plug back into the office network all the selection will return. Is there any setting that can resolve this as other users do not have this issue. The paper sizes you can set are determined by the current printer driver. Ensure that the printer driver is installed locally on your laptop. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> G...

Word does not print pages after a certain page
After page 10 of my document, there is a section break and the page numbering changes from Roman numerals to Arabic numerals. Word does not print any page beyond page 10 in this document. It does in other documents with similar characteristics. You must include the section number with the page number; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/PrintMultipleSections.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Alphy" <Alphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBBB58F2-000B-465F-8BC7...

Booklet printing in Word 2007
Tearing my hair out and wasting LOTS of paper and toner in trying to print a booklet. I do NOT have a duplex printer, but I cannot seem to get the settings right for this - the pages either don't print next to each other properly, or are upside down, or in the wrong order. Can anyone point me to a GOOD tutorial where I can see what I am not doing? Word is crap at booklet printing. Instead, save your document to PDF using Word 2007's built-in converter. Then open the document in Adobe Reader v9 and use its booklet feature. It is impressively good! It is the one saving ...

Print only coloured rows of table
I am working on a table shown in the attachment as "Original table�. In this table if �Total Reqd� >0 then the Row of that particular item gets coloured by the CONDITIONAL FORMATTING formula. Is there any Formula / Macro in Excel by which when I print the original table I get only the coloured rows � As shown in �Required table after printing� Attachment filename: sample.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=557493 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi I would do this by using the same criteria as ...

Printing problem
Hi all, I have an app that prints fine on both my test printers, but doesn't on my clients'. The problem revolves around a 2-page letter, which prints fine on my stuff but on theirs gives page 1 OK, then a blank page 2. Any suggestions as to where to start looking? Thanks. Paul. ------------------------------------------- Expressed opinions are usually my own. Especially if they're any good (of course). ------------------------------------------- NB Spam trap in e-mail address ------------------------------------------- Paul, First line defence: If you have a good elation wit...

Function of Print To Slip receipt option?
Hello, I've been looking for what exactly "Print To Slip (OPOS)" on the receipt properties window in RMS Manager does, and I have yet to find an answer. Can anyone give me an explanation? Thank you. Data, If you have a slip receipt printer, it will print info on the slip receipt instead of the smaller 40 paper. Some examples of slip printers; http://tinyurl.com/rahka http://tinyurl.com/o5jbp -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not usi...

shelf label printing with rms avery 5160
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C8926E.1DECDFA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit We are trying to print shelf labels with rms. When you choose avery 5160 it doesn't ask you for the row or column number. Since the sheet has 3 columns and 10 rows how do I tell it to print the label, lets say at row 3 column 2. I tried to create my own label by editing one of the every labels but it does the same thing. Any help would be appreciated. ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C8926E.1DECDFA0 Content-Type...

Printing document on a specific printer using shellExecute()
I want to print a document on a specific printr by giving its name and port using shellExecute() where to pass the argument?. pl help me Now i am using char *path = "c:\\Errlog.txt"; ShellExecute(NULL, "open", path, NULL, NULL, SW_NORMAL); ShellExecute(NULL, "print", path, NULL, NULL, SW_NORMAL); Thanks T.Appasamy I doubt you can unless the application with which the file extension is associated can take an arguement which can be used to specify the printer name. -- Vipin Aravind http://blogs.explorewindows.com "Appu" <a.t.appasamy@gm...