Book layout

I'm new to Publisher (I have Office 2003, so I assume it is Publisher 2003
also).   I originally posted imy question/goal in Office, but then realized
I might find my answer(s) here.   I have a Word document - a story.  I had
done the text a long time ago, but recently put scattered pictures
throughout, and Word's text wrapping arranged the text around the pictures
wherever I inserted them.  I am wanting to find some way to view this story
as one would a book.  Someone showed me FlipAlbum, but that can't import
from Word.  Then I wondered if I could either import (or Copy and Paste) the
Word document (or individual pages) into Publisher?  If so, how would I set
up Publisher in order to do this?  Any help/suggestions would be
appreciated, thanks.   BTW, I've tried Word's Reading Layout, but that
doesn't show the whole page.

0
joymp2 (71)

Joy <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> was very recently heard to utter:
> I am
> wanting to find some way to view this story as one would a book. Someone
> showed me FlipAlbum, but that can't import from Word.  Then I
> wondered if I could either import (or Copy and Paste) the Word
> document (or individual pages) into Publisher?  If so, how would I
> set up Publisher in order to do this?  Any help/suggestions would be
> appreciated, thanks.

Going into Publisher for this is probably not the easiest way to do what you
want.

You can convert to PDF using PrimoPDF (free from http://www.primopdf.com/),
and view the PDF in facing pages view in Adobe Reader.

You can also use FinePrint to print non-booklet documents as booklets (not
free from http://www.fineprint.com/)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
3/4/2006 8:43:24 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.  In the meantime, I'm experimenting. <S>   I
scanned one page of the document as a jpg (including text and pictures) and
did Copy and Paste and put it that way into Publisher.  I'd like to continue
the experiment (for now, anyhow); but how do I move to a second (blank) page
in Publisher?

I'm not real happy with PDF things I've read in Adobe, it's too hard (slow,
anyway) to move around in the document.

> Joy <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> was very recently heard to utter:
>> I am
>> wanting to find some way to view this story as one would a book. Someone
>> showed me FlipAlbum, but that can't import from Word.  Then I
>> wondered if I could either import (or Copy and Paste) the Word
>> document (or individual pages) into Publisher?  If so, how would I
>> set up Publisher in order to do this?  Any help/suggestions would be
>> appreciated, thanks.
>
> Going into Publisher for this is probably not the easiest way to do what
> you want.
>
> You can convert to PDF using PrimoPDF (free from
> http://www.primopdf.com/), and view the PDF in facing pages view in Adobe
> Reader.
>
> You can also use FinePrint to print non-booklet documents as booklets (not
> free from http://www.fineprint.com/)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
joymp2 (71)
3/4/2006 11:23:30 PM
Joy <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> was very recently heard to utter:
> Thanks for the suggestions.  In the meantime, I'm experimenting. <S> I
> scanned one page of the document as a jpg (including text and
> pictures) and did Copy and Paste and put it that way into Publisher. I'd
> like to continue the experiment (for now, anyhow); but how do I
> move to a second (blank) page in Publisher?

Insert > Page.

> I'm not real happy with PDF things I've read in Adobe, it's too hard
> (slow, anyway) to move around in the document.

It's a lot more flexible than Publisher.  Once you have some practise in
using it, it's easier than using Publisher for document viewing, plus a vast
number of people are able to read documents from it, especially in
comparison with those that can read Publisher documents.

(N.B. You don't HAVE to drag the page around in Adobe Reader [note product
name, the product isn't called "Adobe", that's the manufacturer] to
navigate.  There are also scroll bars, and you can even use the Space key or
PageUp/PageDown keys on your keyboard.  In addition, there are multiple view
options.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
3/4/2006 11:47:53 PM
Thanks for the additional info.   Actually if I could go right from the Word
..doc into something (PDF, say) the pictures would be better, because the
printed page I scanned wasn't on real great paper and the pictures aren't
that clear, plus it's a "copy of a copy" by the time I scanned it.  I'll
look into the PDF.

> Joy <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> was very recently heard to utter:
>> Thanks for the suggestions.  In the meantime, I'm experimenting. <S> I
>> scanned one page of the document as a jpg (including text and
>> pictures) and did Copy and Paste and put it that way into Publisher. I'd
>> like to continue the experiment (for now, anyhow); but how do I
>> move to a second (blank) page in Publisher?
>
> Insert > Page.
>
>> I'm not real happy with PDF things I've read in Adobe, it's too hard
>> (slow, anyway) to move around in the document.
>
> It's a lot more flexible than Publisher.  Once you have some practise in
> using it, it's easier than using Publisher for document viewing, plus a
> vast number of people are able to read documents from it, especially in
> comparison with those that can read Publisher documents.
>
> (N.B. You don't HAVE to drag the page around in Adobe Reader [note product
> name, the product isn't called "Adobe", that's the manufacturer] to
> navigate.  There are also scroll bars, and you can even use the Space key
> or PageUp/PageDown keys on your keyboard.  In addition, there are multiple
> view options.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
joymp2 (71)

Offline Address Book Syncronization Error
Hi, Since some days, all the users of the domain receive the following syncronization error with Outlook 2003 (with Win2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2) : 12:19:34 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 12:19:34 0X80004005 On the server event viewer I received this : Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: OAL Generator Event ID: 9328 Date: 24.04.2007 Time: 06:10:21 User: N/A Computer: MERCURE Description: OALGen encountered file error 80070020 (internal ID 500029b) while generating the offline address lis...

Address books in OWA
hello..... Is it possible to have custom addressbooks created in Exchange system manager to appear in Outlook WebAccess? I currenly only see the Global address list and contacts. Thanks in advance.... Sol ...

outlook address book to outlook web address book
So far I have not discovered a way to import my address book in Outlook mail to Outlook Web Mail address book. If there is a way to do this could someone tell me what the magic spell is? Thanks. Randy I believe in OWA it only shows the addresses for the Global Address List off of the Exchange Server For your personal addresses. A solution - would to be import your personal address book to your Contacts in Outlook. You will then be able tos see your address in OWA under contacts If you need to know how to import your personal address book into contact. Email me directly and I will p...

showing contacts as address book in
I have Office 2007, and I just installed it on a new Win 7 computer. everything else seems fine, but when I try to send an e-mail message, and click the to button, which should display my contacts, there is nothing there. may contacts are accessable if I go to the contacts button. I have tried toold->addressbook, but there are no address bookd to select. -- Joe No question is answered more frequently. Read the countless posts here that have already answered your question. If you cannot find them or understand them, then you must at least provide the following information...

Can't find emails or address book
My old pc died this morning, so I've bought a new pc and had the old hard drive installed in the new pc (so I now have 2 hard drives in the new pc). Everything is working OK and I can access all documents off the old hard drive, with the exception of my emails and address book. I use Outlook Express (sorry, not sure which version it is) and Windows XP. I've done a search of the hard drive but cannot locate any .pst files (have checked for hidden folders, but found nothing). Please can anyone suggest where I might be able to locate my old emails and address book - ...

Saving Folders/Address Book
Hi, I need to reload Outlook Express on a machine running WIN98 SE. Can anyone tell me how to save existing e- mails and entries in my address book so that I can restore them once I've reloaded the application? I'm unable to start the existing (corrupt) version of the application so I need to find the folders which contain this information as opposed to Exporting the data. Thanks. Glenn Glenn <tkd003@cogeco.ca> wrote: > I need to reload Outlook Express on a machine running > WIN98 SE. Can anyone tell me how to save existing e- > mails and entries...

OK, I give up, what's a good book?
"Upgrading" to Office 2007 has been one of my worst experiences that didn't involve any threat to life or limb. Is there a Reader's Digest category for that? So, I guess I better do some studying. Can anyone recommend a good book for users of previous versions of Office to try and make sense of all the garbage on my screen and and clues to where the geniuses at M$FT have hidden all of the useful icons and options that I have been using for years? I prefer something not from M$FT as I don't like to further reward bad corporate behavior. I probably need a general Office...

Check Layout #2
We have modified the Payables check format "Stub Top/Bottom - Graphical" for one of our companies in GP v. 9.0. Recently we created a new company and the users need to use the same form but change the layout slightly for the new company. Is this possible without overwriting the existing check layout? Thank you, -- Alan Jefferson, MCDBA Quantum Digital, Inc. It's not possible to use the same format that is actually different for the same users. You could have separate instances on the workstations with different report dictionaries. But, that could be troublesome. It wou...

Address Book Sensitivity
I recently received an unsolicited email(read: semi spam) that contained the following phrase: "Don't forget to add this email address to your address book to ensure prompt delivery of this newsletter each week." Now, I may be a little slow, but I see no relation in whe- ther my local WAB contains this address, and whether I continue to receive these emailings. What a I missing here? Thanks, Gary The suggestion is that if you add the sender to your mail or anti-spam = program's Safe Senders list, future messages from that sender won't be = classified as spam. I...

adress book failed to load
I recently installed windows xp. I can open outlook express and see new mail by preview, but I casn't open them up to view. The error says: The address book failed to reload. Outlook express is incorrectly configured please re-install. I went online and got the version 6 service package but when I go to install, it says I have a newer version of internet explorer and it cannot install. I have tried to remove internet explorer, but it isn't working. HELP ...

Changing the Default Address Book for all Domain Users in Outlook
After much searching and not coming up with much, I've worked out a way of setting this centrally from login scripts - it's a bit messy though and you'll need some tools available to your users centrally. 1. Download a registry modification monitor. Run it, get a dump of the HKEY_USERS area of the registry (this is where the information is kept). I used SpyMeTools as it's free! 2. Change your default address book to the one you want to use in Outlook. In OL2003, this is done through "Tools", "Address Book", "Tools", "Options". 3. Ru...

How do I save my layout in Outlook when exiting?
Hi I have imported my IMAP mail account and want my "mail" folder expanded and my account Inbox open so I can see it when I log in. This is easy to do manually, but when I log out and re-open outlook it just goes back to a default view - is there any way of forcing it to save the layout when exiting? Thanks. Ringo ringo <ringo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have imported my IMAP mail account and want my "mail" folder > expanded and my account Inbox open so I can see it when I log in. > This is easy to do manually, but when I log out and re-open ...

outlook 2000 ..contacts/ outlook address book????
why won't my contacts not show up in my outlook address book? I can't get my contacts to show up in my outlook 2000 address book.(is there a setting I can change?) >-----Original Message----- >why won't my contacts not show up in my outlook address >book? >. > Right click on your contacts folder, go to properties, go to the Outlook Address Book tab. There is a check box for show this folder as an email address book. Check that. >-----Original Message----- >why won't my contacts not show up in my outlook address >book? >. > ...

Exporting address book
I am using Outlook 2000, and would like to know how to get just my address book copied to a second computer. Can anyone give me a step-by-step procedure? Outlook does not use an address book. It uses the Contacts Folder in your information store (normally a PST file). If you only want to transfer your Contacts, then export the Contacts Folder to a PST file that you can import on the other computer. If you want all your data, just copy and reuse your PST file. It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://...

Defining alternate default address books
I am hosting several domains on my Exchage 2003 system and need to define domain specific address books for my users. The goal is to have them see only their own domain members and never see anyone elses. I am migrating from Exchange 5.5 where this is possible, but I can find no way to do this in Exchange 2003. Can anyone help? Thanks. This KB might be helpful in setting up your Address Lists: 822940 How to Manage Address Lists When You Host Virtual Organizations http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822940 Regards, -- Eric Tam, MCSE, MCSA Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send ...

Good basic "This is Excel" books?
My 16 year old daughter wants to explore Excel, but has no concept of a spreadsheet and its uses. I have Excel 2000 at home (and it gets very little use, because I do most of my stuff at work). What would be a good basic "This Is Excel" book to let her "touch" some of what Excel can do? Ed Hi, Ed, If she's a visual learner (as many of us are) I'd suggest you do a search on a bookseller like Amazon with these parameters: Excel +Visual -Basic -Studio The first one up was "Excel 2003 Visual Quick Tips (Paperback)" by David Peal . Browse a copy at you...

Clean Global Address Book
I have deleted a few old users in SBS. Unfortunately, the usernames still show up on the Global Address Book, how do I go about deleting those entries? Thanks. "Kev" <kevin@econsynergy.com> wrote: >I have deleted a few old users in SBS. Unfortunately, the usernames >still show up on the Global Address Book, how do I go about deleting >those entries? Are you looking at the Offline Address Book or the Global Address Book? My gues is that you're using Outlook in cached-mode and using the OAB. The OAB is generated once a day (unless you've changed the schedule...

Address Book won't autocomplete b/c of Fax #s
With my upgrade to 2002, the address book won't autocomplete from a Contact name when I type it into the TO: field. In my address book I know how 2 entries for every contact that I've added a fax # to. Anyone know how to force Outlook to look only at EMAIL addresses when I type a name into an address field for email, or do I have to go thru the Address Book pop-up EVERYTIME I want to send a new message? :( Austin atr85882@yahoo.com See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/nofax.htm Austin Reeves wrote: > With my upgrade to 2002, the address book won't > autocomplete...

copy address book to another computer
Hello, How can I copy my personal address book from work computer to home computer? Thanks, Jim. What I did was export my address book to the desktop and saved it there. Then I just saved the file to a disc and inserted it onto the other computer's desktop. Then I went to the new computer's email and imported it. I'm sure there's a better way but it worked for me. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >How can I copy my personal address book from work computer >to home computer? >Thanks, >Jim. > >. > How should I export and import? I am new in...

Separate Offline Address Books
I have four different GAL configured in Exchange 2003 and depending on how you log into Outlook 2003 dictates which GAL you see. This works ok if Outlook is NOT set in cached mode. When I set Outlook in cached mode and the offline address book downloads I see all my users in the GAL. I’ve went into Exchange manager and changed the default Offline Address Book to only look at one of my GAL and NOT the default GAL, but this still does not work. Does anyone have a solution to how I set the Offline Address book to only display the contents of a particular GAL? Thnaks… This is self host...

address book + rules
I want to do clean install of my os - win xp wich folder do I have to copy to back up my address book and my message rules? thank you For Addresses. Open the Address Book on the old machine and | File | Export | Address Book (wab) either to a CD, or Flash. Copy the Address Book from the CD or Flash to the Desktop on the new machine. Right click on it | Properties and remove the Read Only attribute. Open the Address Book | File | Import | Address Book (wab) and point to where you saved it. For rules. The Partial Backup: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/partial.htm ...

replicas of the Offline address book
Hello, I Run the Exchange Best Practicies Analyzer and one of the recommendations is to create replicas of the Offline address book in my organization Exchange2003. What is your opinion on this subject ? Regards, Fatias Why wouldn't you? -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Fatias" <fatias@fatias.org> wrote in message news:OdtUmDGZKHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I Run the Exchange Best Practicies Analyzer and one of the recommendations > is to create re...

how can I create a book?
My friends and I want to create and publish a collaborative autobiographical work that tells our personal stories and illustrates how we've built our friendships though dancing together. It would be a book that gives us each a place to tell about our life and a story or two about how dancing has brought us together. We'd want to make a small book about 60 pages plus photos..not necessarily for sale, just to circulate amongst our community of friends. Is there a Microsoft application for that? Thanks. Help here Set up and print a letter-sized booklet or newsletter http://offic...

Address Book not updated
Hello, As we are updating Active Directory and Exchange, our users have several more days their address book not up to date. I rebuild the Recipient Update Service but nothing changes. Bonjour, Alors que nous faisons des mise � jour dans Active Directory et Exchange, nos utilisateurs se retrouvent plusieurs jours avec leur carnet d'adresse pas actualis�. Je reconstruit la mise � jour des destinataires, mais rien ne change. Is there another place where I can set it ?? Thank you in advance, Cyril If you are using Outlook 2003 in cached mode, make sure the Offline Address Book is re-...

Free books on Charting, Basics, Data Management, Functions; Free Add-In "Excel Usability Enhancer"
You may download the free books and software from http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) Excel For Beginners Charting in Excel Excel- Beyond the Basics Managing & Tabulating Data in Excel Financial Analysis Using Excel Statistics Using Excel Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" Vijay Gupta ...