Bold text appears in print preview but does not print bold

I am working on a menu in Publisher.  In print preview, all text in bold
appears bold, but when I actually print, portions of the bold text does not
print in bold.  This problem applies to all text within specific text boxes.
For some text boxes the bold prints and for some it doesn't.  Any suggestions
would be enormously appreciated.
0
Maddie (5)

What version Publisher? Don't know if that makes a difference however.

If you look in the font directory in the control panel you will see a separate
font for bold, italic, condensed and so on for fonts like Times New Roman and
Arial. If you use a font that has no separate file for bold in the font folder,
Publisher will fake it. This maybe the reason you are not getting a consistent
print. Try using a font that comes with a bold file.

Look for an updated print driver on the manufacturer's web site if the above is
not the problem.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Maddie" <Maddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am working on a menu in Publisher.  In print preview, all text in bold
> appears bold, but when I actually print, portions of the bold text does not
> print in bold.  This problem applies to all text within specific text boxes.
> For some text boxes the bold prints and for some it doesn't.  Any suggestions
> would be enormously appreciated.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Print e-mail showing the BCC recipients.
How can I print an e-mail showing the bcc recipients? On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 08:23:27 -0800, Karen wrote: > How can I print an e-mail showing the bcc recipients? Unless you are the sender, you cannot. What would be the point of BCC if you could? -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk "Karen" wrote: > How can I print an e-mail showing the bcc recipients? I am the sender, I want to print this for my file. On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 08:56:39 -0800, Karen wrote: > > > "Karen" wrote: > >> How can ...

Problemen met Publisher converteren naar PDF voor professionele publikaties / problems with converting publisher files to PDF for commercial professional printing use
We experience problems with converting publisher files to PDF. We us MS publisher 2003 with the Acrobat Distiller. Our printing company continuously experiences problems accepting our pdf. We use EPS. Is there anybody there that has experienced the same problem and found a solution? We ondervinden problemen met het converteren van bestanden van MS publisher 2003 icm Acrobat distiller naar pdf formaat. Onze drukker kan met de pdf vrij weinig beginnen en moet elke keer losse bestanden ontvangen en geheel opnieuw gaan opmaken. Heeft iemand hier ervaing mee? Simon SiScho <simon.schoonen@per...

printing reports to screen on Remote Desktop Connection
I've just setup a brand new terminal server running windows 2003. Everything except for reports run great. The reprrt (e.g. trial balance) itself runs quickly. When I try to scroll through the report on screen, the whole screen refreshes itself very slowly. My old terminal server (windows 2000) screen refreshes are much faster. I'm running the client on the same subnet (100 MPS). I changed the screen resolutions and color quality to low and the report still refreshes and scrolls at a snails pace, one line at a time. How can I speed this up? ...

adjusting timing on text to speech playback in excel
I am attempting to learn more of this feature and would like to see it in action. ...

Can I print 2 A5 side by side on A4 landscape
Using Publisher , how can i produce two identical A5 text layouts , side-by-side on a sheet of A4 landscape paper Setup your printer first, select A4. In page setup select custom, landscape, input 14.8cm width and 20.997cm height. The dialogue on the page setup will say "Prints 2 copies per sheet, 2 columns of 1." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Molly" <Molly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12E49428-863F-4657-92FE-0263BBA164C2@microsoft.com... > Using Publisher , how c...

How to make text that appears with C+ent without making new docs?
I've got a big project that would be a breeze to organize if I could take the existing outline and enter the "candidate material" for each heading/sub-heading/etc. in some hidden clickable text-gatherer [sub-doc of somesort] that i could later refine down to the final presentation. I thought I found a way, by creating hyperlinks to other documents where I'll dump the 'candidate material" for each heading, but that makes a mess when I need to move the parent document - and its 100+/- offspring - to another computer. I'm using Word 2007. Any ide...

How do I remove blank pages when printing an Excel document?
My document appears to be only 3 pages but when i print it comes up as a 6 page document and the last 3 pages are blank? You may want to try: file|print area|clear print area (or change it to what you really want) Also, excel likes to print the stuff it thinks you're using. Maybe you could use some of the techniques at Debra Dalgleish's site to get it back into sync with what you think: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused WhyIsItSo? wrote: > > My document appears to be only 3 pages but when i print it comes up as a 6 > page document and the last 3 pages are ...

User Name in a text box
I have the following code in a memo text field: Private Sub txtNotesOnTransaction_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Debug.Print "User: " & CurrentUser() & " " & Me!txtNotesOnTransaction End Sub I want the current user entering data user name to fill in before typing any other data. It is not working any suggestions? Thanks!! What does "not working:" mean in this context? Are you getting an error? If so, what's the error? If you're not getting an error, what are you getting (and what do you want to get instead)? -- Dou...

Can I print the address book with the picture
I am trying to put together an address book in printed format and I want to include the picture that I have stored for each contact. Is this possible? No, Outlook doesn't support printing the pictures. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM New Poll: What type of email a...

Inserting Text From Text File (*.ini)
Currently the code below is used to insert a *.jpg image into my document by using a field from an *.ini file ("addresscolor"); the jpg image has addresses and phone numbers: strOfficeFile = "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\HHSystemFiles\address.ini" strOfficeName = pOffice logofilename = System.PrivateProfileString(strOfficeFile, strOfficeName, "LogoColor") addressfilename = System.PrivateProfileString(strOfficeFile, strOfficeName, "AddressColor") ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("Address").Select Selection....

Text box in the Bar chart
I have inserted text box in the Bar chart. not able to format the text inside the text box... any guidance please.......its bit urgent You can control the box by right clicking and choosing "Properties." I don't think you can change the text settings - or if there is a way, I haven't found it. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I have inserted text box in the Bar chart. not able to format the text > inside the text box... > any guidance please.......its bit urgent mukund.y -- Select the text inside the text b...

How to convert figures to text to display an answer in figures an.
There are instructions in the following MSKB article: How to convert a numeric value into English words in Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213360 Mark Grogan wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

001 showing on background of document when printed
When I print out a sheet from XL it comes with a 001 printed diagonally across the page. This 001 can not be seen in print preview or anywhere else until I print it out and than it is printed across my page. Now interestingly enough if I go into File menu/print page/properties/overlay/ and change the watermark setting from <None> to confidential it removes the 001 and places the confidential in the center of my page. Why in the world does doing this remove the 001 and how can I make so the None really means none. Can anyone help me? Thanks Might be a printer setting. Che...

Visio Printing Issue
Recieving the following error when trying to print: _____________________________________________________ Visio internal error: #-2147467259 Action 1010: Print First try closing and reopening the file. Next try restarting Visio. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- I try both of these, and neither works. Could someone shed some light on this? PS I've tried different printers already. ------=_NextPart_0001_AAF960D0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Is this happening only for 1 or 2 files? It might be a problem in the dra...

How to add a blank column as text, number or currency
I need to create empty fields to use as placeholders for future data input. I know how to create a blank text field by doing this: fieldname:"". Is there an equivalent expression to create a blank numeric or currency formatted field? -- jlh On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 07:29:02 -0800, jennifer <jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to create empty fields to use as placeholders for future data input. >I know how to create a blank text field by doing this: fieldname:"". Is >there an equivalent expression to create a blank numeric or currency >...

Link to text file in code
I'm relinking a set of tables to Access 2000. Most of the links are other databse tables & excel workbooks which all work fine. My problem is with a fixed field length text file. The code below runs without errors and shows the linked text file in the tables list however it does not function correctly. I'm wondering what the DNS=MyTextFile Link Specification2 refers to? There is no such DSN in my registry. I just copied the code from another example and the MSysObjects connect field after manually creating the link. The Database portion of strConn is the path to the text fil...

Print File folder labels
I would like to print a full sheet of file folder labels but I want each label to be different. Can this be done? Click the New Document button to get a sheet of labels. They're formatted as a table, so be sure you have table gridlines displayed (Table | Show Gridlines) so you can see the label boundaries. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Judy" <Judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3606292D-5F83-47AF-B144-2120CA047204@microsoft.com... >I would like to print a f...

print current record on main form and subform
I have a form with client info and then a subform with client screening info. Each client can be screened multiple times. So I have multiple screening records related to each client record. I have a report set up with client info and with a subreport with screening info. I need to be able to print the current record for a client. I use the following code: Private Sub cmdPrintScreening_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdPrintScreening_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stWhere As String DoCmd.Save Me.Dirty = False stDocName = "rptScreening" stWhere = "...

how do i print some pages in color
I have a 16page publisher file that i print in a sadlle stitch booklet format. I want to print just the cover page in color when i print my booklet. So that means pages 1 and 16 should be in color since pages 1 and 16 are the same page (11x17) when laid out. If I print each page manually and feed it into my Canon copier i can select which page to print in color but not from my desktop. I am using MS Pub 2003 Any help would be appreciated. Thanks I would print the cover separately. Most printers will have a check off to use different stock for the first page. Print, current page, cl...

Printing to a smaller scale
I would like to create a greeting card for letter sized paper and then print it out at 70% of the original size, either centered on the paper or in one corner. Of course, I would trim off the excess paper. I can't seem to find this in Help. Is there a way? I'm trying to print bridge tallies. Thank you for any help. Virginia How about setting up your greeting card with a page size of 3" x 3 7/8" (70% of a normal 3�"x5�" greeting card) Create the card; fold and trim to size. -- Don - Publisher 2000 Vancouver, USA "Virginia" <Virginia@disc...

Printing out summry reports for specific range of dates.
I need to know how to print out a report for a specific range of dates that will include the # of items sold, # of remaining items. Tried using daily sales report but that prints out the name of the item every time it was sold. I need for it to print the name of the item just once along with the # remaining and the # sold. Thanks hi Cubspub, Send your email I am sending someone in this newsgroup and will send you also. "cubspub" wrote: > I need to know how to print out a report for a specific range of dates that > will include the # of items sold, # of remaining items. ...

Convert text to numbers
Hi I have a column of numbers in text format - I need to change them to number format When I goto Format ->cells to change - it does not work Is there another way to change? Thanks Hi - copy an empty cell - select your values - goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose 'Add' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany yahoo wrote: > Hi > > I have a column of numbers in text format - I need to change them to > number format > > When I goto Format ->cells to change - it does not work > Is there another way to change? > > Thanks ...

double side report print
I have a report to print out on double side print, but it comes flip on the back, any way from MS access to configure the back side printing orientations? Your information is great appreciated, ...

Problem with Wrap text
I have a problem with wrap text in merge cells. when the cell is formatted (single cells) everiting is OK. When the merge cells is formatted (three cells in one merge cells) it is not OK. I must manually change height of the cells :( Please help Srdjan I get the same result! It may just be a bug in XL. I even tried merging the cells AFTER formatting them, and that didn't make any difference. I also un-merged the cells, and the word wrap was fine, but on re-merging them it was just like before. I don't know if there IS a solution! <srdjan.radnovic@gmail.com> wrote in message ...

Gray box appeared in Outlook 2003
Out of the clear blue (Outlook 2003), all my emails were out of order. I went to the custom box and selected what I wanted so that the From box is first, Subject second etc. However, there is now a grey box above where it says From, Subject etc with the date in a grayed out box. How do I get rid of this box - it was not there before nor does it appear in my other mail boxes.... Thanks! Terri <terri@mylanusa.com> wrote: > Out of the clear blue (Outlook 2003), all my emails were out of > order. Here's what the crystal ball says: You clicked a column header other than ...