Backward compatibility

I have a friend with with windows 98 233mhz pII He is needing to work on
Microsoft publisher files from his work.I dont know what version of publisher
the files he will be bringing home will be.

So that being said can you tell the backward compatibily starting at
publisher 2003.
Can he open and edit 2003 publisher files in publisher 2000 ?
Can he open and edit 2003 publisher files in publisher 97.?

If his work is using publisher 2000 ?
Can he open files created in 2000 with publisher 97?.

Thanks

Can he open and edit 2003 publisher files in publisher 2000 ?
No
Can he open and edit 2003 publisher files in publisher 97.?
No
If his work is using publisher 2000 ?
Can he open files created in 2000 with publisher 97?.
No

He can open 98 and 97 in 2000
He can open 95, 97, 98 and 2000 in 2002 and 03.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Info_sponge" <Infosponge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a friend with with windows 98 233mhz pII He is needing to work on
> Microsoft publisher files from his work.I dont know what version of publisher
> the files he will be bringing home will be.
>
> So that being said can you tell the backward compatibily starting at
> publisher 2003.
> Can he open and edit 2003 publisher files in publisher 2000 ?
> Can he open and edit 2003 publisher files in publisher 97.?
>
> If his work is using publisher 2000 ?
> Can he open files created in 2000 with publisher 97?.
>
> Thanks

0
gsauer (5093)

Run app in win 98 compatibility mode
Wanted to find out, if in Win XP Pro if there is a way to set a program or an application to Windows 98 Compatibility Mode using the commnad line ,or run the program with a switch or through a script (VBscript) I am trying to have a a certain app run in Windows 98 Compatibility Mode every time it opens. Since I have a lot of users I want to automate it instead of going to set this on all the workstations that has this app. Jeff1974 wrote: > Wanted to find out, if in Win XP Pro if there is a way to set a program or > an application to Windows 98 Compatibility Mode usi...

Charge/credit backwards on credit card
Hi, I set up a new credit card account in Money 2006 and used online services to update the transactions. It downloaded without reporting errors, but all of the charges are listed as credits; when I categorize one of them I get warned about saving a deposit categorized as an expense. Addtionally, my monthly payment showed up as a credit of $0. Is there a way to fix this? Chris <cbspamtrap@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141593316.226577.130880@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I set up a new credit card account in Money 2006 and used online > services to upd...

SMS Compatibility
Hey there kids, :cool: I have been pulling so much hair out lately trying to find a 100% FREE, Canadian compatible, SMS from PC (and/or Jailbroken iPhone) as well as receive SMS to PC. My idea program would be exactly like a messenger application for any PC OS (and iPhone too) but instead of inputting an email address to add a friend - that's right kids...you put the phone number! Cool eh? ...Too bad no one else thinks so. Or thinks it's cool enough to create this app for us. You're probably thinking "that's great but why post that here epi?" and ...

I need an OL-compatible non-IMAP public domain name, if possible
Running OL2007 under Vista Home Premium SP2. I'm switching my ATT service to Quest, and I'll need a new domain for my address. I've seen that using msn.com, being an IMAP (sp?) server, requires the use of Outlook Connector (no problem there), but it also denies the true recipient name in the Sent Items listing -- a nuisance. There are a lot of domain names I can choose from, including msn, hotmail, live, q (for Quest) and others. Can someone suggest one that is not an IMAP server, thereby avoiding the Sent Items problem? Barring that, would you care to tell me ...

could the #NAME? error be a compatibility issue?
I have a computer with excel '07 and a computer with excel '03. When I view the .xls document in '07, then all the formulas work fine. When I view the .xls document in '03 then several of the formulas display the #NAME? error. halp plz. Look up Analysis ToolPak in help on the pc with 2003 installed, my guess is that you need to install it on the 2003. I believe it gets installed default on 2007 but on 2003 you need to manually install it. Just click tools>add-ins, select Analysis ToolPak and follow the instructions. Note that you need to CD unless it is installed alread...

Outlook Security Settings
Is the version of the Outlook Security Settings form that is effective for Outlook 2003 (that is version 1802.5) also effective (backwards compatible) with Outlook 2000 ? Using version 1802.4 currently, which does not seem to work at all with O2K3... ...

Version Compatibility #2
Just curious if anyone knows why Publisher 2003 is the only Office module that cannot be opened by earlier Office versions? Seems as though Office 2000 users can open Word, Excel, and Power Point 2003 files, but they cannot open Publisher 2003 files. My guess is based on Word, Excel and Power Point 2003 are saving their files in the same format as their counterparts in 2000. Publisher 2003 formats it's files differently than Publisher 2000. -- Don Vancouver USA "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eoQg4gmfGHA.2208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Just...

Is PPC Money 2004 compatible with Money 2003?
I just bought a iPAQ which has Pocket PC 2003 installed, but this is not compatible with PPC Money 2003. Can I download and install PPC Money 2004 instead? Does it synchronize with Money 2003 via ActiveSync? Thanks. It should - give it a try and let us know what happens. -- Michael Gordon MVP "PhiL M." <@.com.hk> wrote in message news:eYnK7YusEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I just bought a iPAQ which has Pocket PC 2003 installed, but this is not > compatible with PPC Money 2003. > > Can I download and install PPC Money 2004 instead? Does it synchroni...

Compatibility of Visio Standard 5.0a with Windows XP
I receive a message that Visio Standard 5.0a is not compatibile with the version of windows (XP Profssional) when I try to load it on a new laptop. I have tried using the Windows application compatibility mode for Windows 95 but have had no success. Please can someone help me? Thank you, Alan I have been running Visio Professional 5.0c with Win XP Pro for several years without a problem. I just ignored the compatibility message and installed it normally, not in any compatibility mode... "Alan Kirschner" <alan@customerdiagnostics.com> wrote in message news:10bd01c38217$...

MS CRM 3.0 Vista Compatibility update didn't work
Hi Please help. I've installed the compatibility update on a client laptop with Vista and Office 2007. The installation is successful and all the CRM buttons are active. When I select and entity, e.g. Accounts, the page appears with a IE error that the page cannot be displayed. Does anyone know how I can fix this? ...

Compatability Mode
I am using Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit) and I have an older spreadsheet program to install that I understand should be run in a "Compatibility Mode". May I ask for additional information on this? How would I do this? On Mar 24, 11:49=A0pm, "Gene L." <Camelot...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote: > I am using Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit) and I have an older > spreadsheet program to install that I understand should be run in a > "Compatibility Mode". May I ask for additional information on this? How > would I do this? ---------...

Outlook 2011 compatibility + AppleScript
While I look forward to the new Outlook to replace Entourage, I worry about compatibility. Will it be able to migrate seamlessly from Entourage, retaining folders, accounts, and rules? Also, what about existing AppleScripts? Will they retain the same syntax so that only the name need be changed, as it were? If not, how do we make this suggestion (emphasize the importance of this) to the development team? Thanks. Hi Gerald, there aren't a lot of details available on Outlook and what it will be like. The following answers are therefore only speculative. > W...

Webmail services compatible with Outlook 2003
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. Advice would be much appreciated. I have a Hotmail account that I set up on Outlook 2003 before Microsoft stopped this (I gather this was to make spamming harder). However, I would like to be able to check other email accounts from Outlook (for example, I would like to set up an addresses I can use for mailing list subscriptions etc). As this wouldn't be possible with hotmail, is there another good webmail service for which I can check multiple accounts/addresses using Outlook 2003? I was going to use Gmail - does this have Outlook compatibility? ...

compatibility issues
We are starting an insurance agency and are purchasing a new PC for same. My questions are: 1. Does Windows XP Pro Edition come with MS Office XP? 2. If answer to (1) above is "NO", then is MS Office XP for small business compatible with Windows XP Home Edition? 3. Does XP Office for small business include "Access" or do you have to purchase XP Office Pro? 1. No. You need to buy MS Office XP. You can order your PC with Office pre-installed. 2. Yes. MS Office XP runs on Windows XP Home Edition. But you might want to purchase Windows XP Professional, which provid...

Font for Win Office compatible with Mac Office?
I have some new fonts installed for Win Office 2007. Are they compatible with Mac Office 2004 if I copy them to my Mac? Are there any free download at Microsoft or elsewhere, which are for Mac Office? Thanks. In article <C215982A.57FB%charles@nospam.com>, Charles Leung <charles@nospam.com> wrote: > I have some new fonts installed for Win Office 2007. Are they compatible > with Mac Office 2004 if I copy them to my Mac? Are there any free download > at Microsoft or elsewhere, which are for Mac Office? Thanks. Hi Charles! The only types of fonts that you can use ...

GP to be compatible with other PDF programs besides Adobe
Great Plains is currently only compatible with Adobe PDF programs. We use Win2PDF to email our invoices through Great Plains. It would be great if Great Plains would be compatible with other PDF programs besides Adobe. -- Thanks, Brandy ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

PPT 2008 (windows) and PPT 2009 (Mac) compatibility re: path anima
Greetings, I'm customizing a preso in PPT 2007 (windows) using a jpeg image that moves along a custom path. Nothing extravagant just a move upward to the left and down. Another slide I've got images behind a large image where each image (4 images) travel on your basic up path (no custom). When the person running PPT 2008 (Mac) runs the animation nothing happens - no animation at all. Can anyone shed some light on this - can't find any data about a problem. thanks > I'm customizing a preso in PPT 2007 (windows) using a jpeg image that > moves along ...

Compatibility Question
I have been writing macros and utilizing userforms in Excel to use at work. I am doing this on my personal computer and I am about 95% complete. I was using pre-MS Office 2007. Work also utilizes pre-MS Office 2007. However, I have upgraded both my personal computers to MS Office Enterprise 2007. I am not using any complex macros. Basically, simple calculations, Date & Time commands, and cell references (Range, Offset, etc). I did notice with one of my personal workbooks that the NAME for the cell I used, "APR09", had to be changed to "_APR09" (wit...

FRx should be compatible with right-to-left languages #4
FRx should be compatible with right-to-left languages ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1faefd23-9d07-4038-ba6c-50391ad2ef3f&dg=microsoft.public.greatplai...

Compatibility with Windows 2000 Professional SP4
Has anyone had the problem when installing clients and "including new code", the system just hangs? Only happens on Windows 2000 Professional platforms. All non-essential programs (start up programs) were disabled and that didn't solve the problem. Hi MJ, Windows 2000 with SP4 is a supported platform. Be sure to run Windows update and make sure that you have all of the latest updates. Is this happening on more than one workstation and is this a fresh install of the O/S and the GP client software? -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelop...

Publisher 97 Compatibility
My Publisher 97 works fine on my computer with XP Home, but on my computer with XP Media Center Edition, Publisher will not merge or create an address book and needs to shut down after printing anything. This is the blurb from Microsoft. If I had to guess, Publisher 97 is printer dependent. Could be a driver issue. Technical support for Media Center Because Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition was included with your hardware device or system, the hardware manufacturer provides technical support and assistance for this software. Your manufacturer may have customized the installation...

2003 file compatibility with 2002
If I upgrade 1 machine to Office 2003. Will I still be able to use 2002 on other computers and view/use the .PST? In other words, can Outlook 2002 read an Outlook 2003 file? Thanks, Keith Upgrading Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 doesn't make any changes to the PST file. However, if you create any new PST files, you'll need to make sure you're creating them with the Outlook 97-2002 format, rather than the new Unicode format. New format PST files aren't readable in previous versions of Outlook. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Editio...

Excel and office compatibility pack
Hi, my system is windows XP pro and office xp with all updates. In Administrator I installed the compatibility pack and when I click in a xlsx file, a small window appears saying that the conversion is working. Excel opens the file with a strange name and read only. Can't open it directly from excel, invalid filte type. When I change to another user account, nothing works, can't open the file in any way. Don't know if it works in word or powerpoint since I don't have a file to test. Any sugestions? Best regards Vitor ...

Power Point compatibility
I created two powerpoint presentations on my PowerBook G4. These are being donated to a local museum and high school. They look fabulous on my mac. But, when I made a presentation yesterday to a church group, some of the photos did not show up - they said that they were TIFF (although I was careful not to use Tiff's ...or so I thought) and needed to be compressed. I already burned these discs and labeled them etc for donation. Help! How do I fix these? And, I assume, once fixed, they will have to be re-burned as I did them on non-rewritable discs so that people couldn't accidenta...

Usability and compatibility with accessibility standards
Is Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 compliant with “Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0” of W3C consortium? ...