Avery templates not available in Publisher 2007

My Avery template 8871 for business cards  worked perfectly in Publisher 2003
but they are not available in 2007.  Why did they leave them out?  I
contacted Avery and they said it was up to Microsoft to include the link to
their templates.
0
mtnman (4)

All business cards from Avery are the same, use any card in the Avery US Letter
menu. They all print 10 up.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"mtnman" <mtnman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Avery template 8871 for business cards  worked perfectly in Publisher 2003
> but they are not available in 2007.  Why did they leave them out?  I
> contacted Avery and they said it was up to Microsoft to include the link to
> their templates.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/26/2008 9:52:57 PM

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> All business cards from Avery are the same, use any card in the Avery US Letter
> menu. They all print 10 up.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "mtnman" <mtnman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My Avery template 8871 for business cards  worked perfectly in Publisher 2003
> > but they are not available in 2007.  Why did they leave them out?  I
> > contacted Avery and they said it was up to Microsoft to include the link to
> > their templates.
>
> They show up as Avery 8871 but the margins do not fit the actual form.  I gave up and reinstalled Publisher 2003 which works perfectly.  2007 is just another Microsoft premature release.

0
mtnman (4)
3/27/2008 1:39:01 AM
You do know you can have Pub 2003 AND Pub 2007 on the same machine right?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

| "Mary Sauer" wrote:
|
| > All business cards from Avery are the same, use any card in the Avery US
Letter
| > menu. They all print 10 up.
| >
| > --
| > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
| > http://office.microsoft.com/
| > http://msauer.mvps.org/
| >
| > "mtnman" <mtnman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > > My Avery template 8871 for business cards  worked perfectly in
Publisher 2003
| > > but they are not available in 2007.  Why did they leave them out?  I
| > > contacted Avery and they said it was up to Microsoft to include the
link to
| > > their templates.
| >
| > They show up as Avery 8871 but the margins do not fit the actual form.
I gave up and reinstalled Publisher 2003 which works perfectly.  2007 is
just another Microsoft premature release.

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Outlook 2007: RSS Feeds
After yet another Vista Ultimate reinstall my RSS feeds need to be reconfigured again. I've tried setting up through IE7 & by manually copying & pasting the feed URL into the feed's properties box w/in Outlook. I'm obviously doing something wrong as the feeds are not downloading automatically. If I open up a feed's properties then close it back I get downloads. Could someone point me to a definitive source as how to easily reconfigure RSS feeds in Outlook? Thanks. RSS is outlook is buggy. it sounds like you are doing it correctly, although I think it's bu...

How to stop excel 2007 automatically changing my date format?
My spreadsheet has cells with the number format "hh:mm" into which users type start and finish times. When the start and finish times are on different days (night shift), the input must also contain the date like "15/5/2010 22:00" to make the sheet calc correctly. In these cases, excel changes my numberformat from "hh:mm" to "d/m/yy hh:mm" even though I specifically set it to "hh:mm". Can this be stopped? The more these new versions of excel try to anticipate our needs, the more annoying they become! TIA Damien ps I've worked arou...

E-Mail Templates for Campaigns & using "slugs" directly in e-mails
Hi Is there any way to use e-mail templates for campaigns? When distributing campaign activity via e-mail it is not possible to select a template to use. one of the main reason I would like to use template is because of the "data fields" (which is a must in my case) you can use in the templates. And also, if it's not possible to use templates for e-mails in campaigns - can one possibly use the data fields or "slugs" as they are sometimes called directly in the campaign e-mail? I have tried without any luck ( for example: {!Account.Account Number;} ) Hi Einar, u...

Preview Excel 2007 files in Outlook from SharePoint
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but it's a start. I have a SharePoint document library interfaced to Outlook and I've been able to preview Excel 2003 workbooks within outlook. We've converted the files that are saved in the library to .xlsm files and they can't currently be previewed. Is there some way to remedy this or am I out of luck? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt ...

Excel 2007 text sorting problem
I apologize in advance for decidedly noob lingo... In short, Excel is doing a very odd sort of last name/first name columns in a worksheet containing data from two separate lists. Here's an example: Sandra H Bailey Ward Bailey B B BAILEY BARBARA BAILEY BARBARA BAILEY DEBBIE BAILEY ELEANOR BAILEY ELOISE BAILEY JAMES BAILEY JANET BAILEY JANET BAILEY JANET BAILEY JESSIE BAILEY JIMMIE BAILEY JOHN S BAILEY JON...

how to do backup of farm in which moss 2007 and projectserver 2007
i have installed moss 2007 and project server 2007 in the two server . front end and backend . now tell me what are the best way to do backup for the diasaster recovery and i can easily restore whole system within one hour. Take an image of the machine. Take a full farm backup in Central Admin. To restore, just restore the image, and restore from Central Admin. The trick is to keep the image in sync with all of the service packs, etc. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > i have installed moss 2007 and project server 2007 in the two server . &...

Unable to open Excel 2007 due to "virus scanning"
Hi all as a little help would be appreciated. I was working with Excel 2007 just fine at home, but now I am unable to open my excel documents as I keep having to enable these files from the disabled files due to the error message of "the system encountered a problem when previously opening...." Now when I try to open them, I see that "scanning for virus" is in progress on the lower left hand part of the spreadsheet, but the file never opens. Additionally, it looks like I'm having problems with Microsoft Office altogether because my email, Word and PowerPoint a...

recurring backgroud color for available appts?
I see clients each week for hour long appointments. Is there a way for me to highlight the available times on a recurring basis? For example, if I intend for 1:30-2:30 on every Tuesday to be open to see a client, is there a way for me to change the background color of that slot on my calendar so that I can quickly see that 1:30- 2:30 on Tuesdays is a spot I make available when I jump to a future week? The times I have available each day stays the same, but the times vary from day to day. When I jump to a blank week to schedule someone I'd like to be able to see on my calendar...

Publisher is not printing 2 page book layout properly
I've had 2 HP printers for a long time. I've replaced 1 of them recently. Since loading the software, both printers have stopped printing a two page spread centrally ie. 2 A5's on a landscape A4 to be folded to form pages for a book. Page 1 seems ok still, but page 2 has a much larger margin on the right hand side, so when the A4 sheet is folded into 2 x A5 the printed page is too near the fold/spine. Please help me I am in the middle of producing a book and suddenly I cannot continue. Yours Frustrated, Keith This is clearly a paper feed issue with the printer...

Repeating colors in excel 2007 area charts
I'm in the process of converting dynamically generated excel charts from Excel 2003 to 2007. A couple problems I have resolved, but so far have not been able to find a solution to a color repetition problem. The charts can have anywhere from 2-3 legend entries to 15 -20. Problem is after the 1st (lowest) three appear as individual colors, all the colors after that are the same color. When this same chart is generated in 2003 no problems, 2007 repeating colors. So far I've tired to find some sort of legendkeys command to set the colors to xlautomatic (which also works fine ...

Excel Template?
Is it possible to make a template for the Send To Mail Receipant as Attachment in Excel 2003 so that the e-mail addresses, subject and body will already be filled out and then just have Excel attach the spreadsheet? Thanks Jim Jim You may want to take a look at Ron de Bruin's site for tips on sending mail. Lotsa code and routines and a SendMail add-in which will do what you want. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 15:20:09 -0800, "Jim" <jim@gordonferon.com> wrote: >Is it possible to make a template for the S...

Where does Visio 2007 save its ODBC sources ?
hi, I have moved a DSN file, used for "reverse design" a database schema. I would like to update Visio in order to take into account this "move" but I don"t succeed. I'm currenlty looking for the place where Visio save its DSN file... Oriane Apparently, it's in the registry. ...

case resolution in email template
In 3.0 we have an email template that sends when a case is closed. Is there a way to insert the subject line of the case resolution into an email template? ...

How do I set up a template for Check Stubs (Paychecks)?
I want to keep track of my pay from my employer and thought I could download a quick template from MS. Wrong. Using MS Office 2003 (Student & Teacher). Lots of them here:- http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101172321033.aspx Mike "Jester9457" wrote: > I want to keep track of my pay from my employer and thought I could download > a quick template from MS. Wrong. Using MS Office 2003 (Student & Teacher). I already looked at those and thought someone would have or know something different I could try. Thanks anyway. "Mike H" wrote: > Lo...

Publisher issues when copying & pasting online clipart
I have had several occasions where Publisher will commit an error and that micorsoft box pops up that says Publisher has encountered a problem and needs to close with the option to send or not send an error report to microsoft. This is an intermitent problem sometimes it happens sometimes not. It has only occurred while searching Microsoft's site for clipart, copying this clipart, or pasting this clipart to a brochure. One time it said that Publisher had committed multiple errors and asked if I wanted to send or not send a report to microsoft. Any help would be appreciated. -- ...

what does the " No transport provider was available for delivery to this"
What does the error message " No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient." usually indicate? Ive seen this a few times before, but I have a user who consistently seems to get this when he replies to an email. We are using a POP3 email service and he is replying to an Exchange server. He will occasionally get this from POP3 to POP3 as well. Im wondering what this really means when it says this? I presume he's using a version of Outlook prior to OL2002, and has both POP and Exchange in the same profile. See Microsoft Knowledgebase article number 24544...

Excel 2003 Addin "Template Wizard with Data Tracking"
Is there and where can I get the Template Wizard with Data Tracking for Excel 2003? Does Microsoft plan to keep developing this addin for this and future versions of Office? I see the download for the XP2002 version but this does not work with 2003. It is not included on the CD or the online list of addin's and has not been included since Office2000, hence the individual download for XP2002. CLF Hi ChrisF the Add-in is working in 2003 only the install file is not working. Copy the xla file from a machine with 2002 to a machine witrh 2003 and it will work(use Tools>add-ins to ...

Exchange 2007 Outlook2003/2007
I have enabled the Junk-email option in exchange 2007, but in order for emails to be sent to a users junk mail running Outlook 2003 does outlook need to be running in cached mode? and what about Outlook 2007 does it also need to be setup in cached mode for the junk-email filter to work. Again i am running Exchange 2007 Thanks Have you set the SCLJunkThreshold to a value lower than any of the gateway values (i.e. SCLRejectThreshold, SCLDeleteThreshold, SCLQuarantineThreshold) for the enabled gateway actions? (By default, only SCLRejectEnabled is set to true, and SCLRejectThreshold is s...

Business Portal tabe not available
Hi there I have installed MOSS 2007 in order to install Business Portal 4.0. I have managed to setup the user roles and security permissions within Business Portal as per the manuals and training manual. However the user cannot access Business Portal becuase the Business Portal Tab is not available on the MOSS Portal page. As the administrator user it is available, but not for any of the domain normal users. I do not know enough about MOSS security and would like to kno whow do I assing users to access the page. I have tried through site settings but it does not appear to be worki...

Unable to use mouse scroll in Excel 2007
I have just installed Microsoft Office Professional 2007 and on Excel I am unable to scroll with the mouse both vertically and horizontally (but this works with Word). Thanks for your precious help! ...

How can I make a multilevel outline document in Publisher?
I'd like to at least be able to import/copy & paste the multi-level outline from Word into Publisher but it will not "hold" the outline format. Does anyone know a way to either get Publisher to allow me to create a multi-level outline or at least paste one in from Word, including all the formatting? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

CRM deleting emails with Outlook 2007 Exchange
Have completed installation of CRM3.0 Server on SBS Server 2003 Premium and Client (downloaded new version for compatibility with Outlook 2007). Installation fine (after a lot of annoying research into installing various support software such as .NET 1.1. and 2.0, finding out that the CRMServer URL is, for some reason, <ServeName>:5555) I powered up my Outlook to find CRM sitting there. I then watched as all my emails in my Inbox disappeared! They have gone from the Exchange Server too. New emails stay in the Inbox for a few minutes then disappear too. Support will not help me. C...

Need TEMPLATE for Document Management
I am searching for a free Excel template or Access (2000) template for setting up and managing a corporate library. I looked on Microsoft Online but could not find anything that fit this particular need. I'm about to be bombarded with project documents/contracts/proposals/etc for Federal projects and need a way to inventory and find them if needed in the future. Any info would be appreciated. I scan old newsgroup postings for those that have only their initial inquiry, to determine why no one bothered to react to your question, issue, or concern. If you have not already...

Using Office 2007 to open 2003 Word document
I just installed Office 2007. When I opened any Word 2003 document, the formatting seems to be all skewered. For example, a page breaks off in the middle, and a five page document becomes five and half. Will someone please tell how to us Word 2007 in opening a Word 2003 document without losing the formatting in the original Word 2003 document? (My previous question was not clear enough). Is the same printer set as the default printer? Does the document use any Styles that are formatted differently in Word2007 from what they were in Word2003? On Mar 9, 11:42=A0pm, Dumbbell ...

Another odd VBA glitch in 2007
With the following code 2007 will change the colours but won't change the border lines In fact it takes out all the border lines that were already there. Anyone know a workaround? ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).Select With Selection.Border .Weight = xlThin .LineStyle = xlAutomatic End With Selection.Shadow = False With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 38 .Pattern = xlSolid No workaround to offer, but we can give all of these a name? YACAGG: Yet Another Carting and Graphic Glitch ?? They seem to be piling up. "teepee" wrote:...