Auto formatting features: How do I align page numbers in publicati

I've got a problem with my publication.  I can't align even page numbers to
the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well?  Can
someone help me?
0
Cissy99 (1)

Cissy99 wrote:
> I've got a problem with my publication.  I can't align even page numbers to
> the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well?  Can
> someone help me?

You need to create a two-page master rather than a one-page master. What
version of Publisher are you running?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

PUBLISHER
I have duplicated HUNDREDS OF PAGES of this 27 page publisher document - then deleted & recopied. Now, it says CANNOT COMPLETE OPERATION. I'm pannicked! Because i really need to understand why. HELP! What do you mean you duplicated hundreds of pages of a 27 page document? You've created duplicate pages? What operation can Publisher not complete? Sounds like you've corrupted the file (and the question). You may have to re-state this question. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Mark Mera" <Mar...

auto numbering in a query
Hi all, I need to build a query that have in a field auto numbering and in a certain formating for example: 0001 0002 ....... 0012 ....... is it posible? Is this to produce data that will be viewed in a report, by any chance? "thread" <yaniv.dg@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175794888.467011.108490@w1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > I need to build a query that have in a field auto numbering and in a > certain formating > for example: > 0001 > 0002 > ...... > 0012 > ...... > is it posible? > On Apr 5, 2:42 pm, "BruceM&q...

Page SetUp Print Problems
A friend has a spreadsheet that is giving him some problems. We go to Page Break Preview and the sheet is 2 pages wide. My friend wanted to make 1 page wide so we dragged the blue line to the right to make it one page. Excel, instead of doing that, made it 20 or more pages. We went to the Page Setup and noticed that Excel had changed the scaling down to 10%. We wanted it to be 1 page wide by 6 pages long so we put that info in but Excel did not accept it. We thought maybe something was wrong with the sheet itself so we selected all the cells and cut/paste them into a new sheet - but it s...

Format problem #6
Somehow my formatting appears to be defaulting to time. Everytime I copy formulas or data from one cell to another the format changes to time. How do you stop this from happening? -- Gary If you land the cell pointer on a particular cell and cut-and-paste, then the format of the original cell will follow to the pasted cell. If you're encountering "phantom" formats then the cell may have been previously formatted. I tried to get a blank sprdsht to behave in the manner you describe, and couldn't. My error: this often happens to me when using cells formatted as dates or...

send page by email
user having a problem send a web page as html using outlook 2002 on w2k system... If he is working offline in outlook but wants to send a web page as html, outlook makes the email as a web link and not as an html page .. (long story as to why he wants to work offline in outlook but is still connected to web) .. (when working in outlook as "connected" it works fine) .. why does outlook do this a is the a way to fix it ...

Auto Add Textboxes in Forms
In case of the Forms I use, it is Desirable to make them as compact as possible. Stripped of any unnecessary items. It seems usefull to make a form which ads a new textbox everytime something has been entered in the last one. My question: "What Code should I use to get my forms to add a new textbox everytime something has been entered in the last one?" Thanks in Advance! Don't do it. The maintenance makes it more effort than it is worth. Just set them all up in design, and maybe hide them until needed. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) ...

how do i stop outlook auto adding entries to contacts
My Outlook 2003 adds every address I send an email to to my contacts, which is really annoying and means that I now have thousands of unwanted contacts. As far as I am aware I do not deliberately have an 'Add-in' that is doing this, but don't know how to check for that either! Any ideas how to stop outlook doing this, as I can't find any help on the matter, or any obvious way to turn it off. The problem is duplicated as well, because if I email John Smith, for instance, it adds two contacts, one for Smith, John, and one just for Smith. Any help or advice gratefu...

Can you change the way quick parts and/or auto text displays?
Is there a way to change the look of the drop down menu for quick parts and auto text so it does not take up so much space? Something like it looked in 2003? Assuming that you have discovered the building block organizer - see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Buiild_Employ_Custom_BB_Gallery.htm Like 2003 it ain't! -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<&...

cut and paste pages
I want to print a 6 page newsletter ( to my copier) using pages 1, 2, 5, & 6 for a booklet-type job to 11X17 paper, and run a separate job for pages 3&4 to 8.5X11 paper. Can I cut pages 3 & 4 out of the publication and save as a new doc., and have pages 1, 2, 5, & 6 stay behind in a now 4-page doc to run on the bigger paper? Thanks! While in a state of withdrawal waiting for components to arrive to repair his dead laptop, Ed notices a message from "Paul Lind" <Paul Lind@discussions.microsoft.com>. >I want to print a 6 page newsletter ( to my copier) u...

text conversion to number on select query
Hi, In a Select Query I'm joining 2 tables by Item ID (unique value, similar to Social Security Number) but 1 table created by IT has Item ID as a "number" value and the other table has it as a "text" value. How can I in a Select Query, create a formula that can either have the text as a number value and vice versa so i can link the 2 without getting "type mismatch in expression." I think I can use Cdbl Value or something like that in the formula but not sure. Thanks! "inspirz" wrote:subed going to jail > Hi, > ...

Auto Filter
When using the filter only the first 1000 unique entries in a list will appear when you click on the arrow. I have more than 1000 unique entries [ie. company names] that I would like to see when filtering. Is there any way of being able to accomplish this? Hi you may have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits for a workaround Frank Gail wrote: > When using the filter only the first 1000 unique entries in a list > will appear when you click on the arrow. I have more than 1000 > unique entries [ie. company names] that I would like to see when > filterin...

APA Template
I am new at using the APA template in Word 2007, the first few papers it was pretty easy , but now my last paper after I saved and submitted it, the header and page numbers dissapear. 2 questions , #1 how can i delete pages on a template without messing up the APA format , # 2 why when I save my document ,the header and page number dissapear. ( i dont need all those extra pages at the end after references , and i want to erase the preprinted text explaining the APA format), what is the best way to do this, any word 2007 expert using APA template please help. -- Old new college stud...

Schedueled Auto Send .xls File to Receipients
I have an MS2007...I have a progress tracking excel spreadsheet that I must send to certain associates on a biweekly basis. What functionality exists or coding is reqiuried for my document to be automatically sent to selected receipients on a scheduled basis until the project is complete? ...

Shouldn't have to Exit Outlook to gain CRM features
You shouldn't have to exit Outlook to gain CRM features. I consider this a bug. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=37987ce9-65d7-4734-aca5-8dbde8bbfc62&...

automatically numbering rows
I wish to have rows automatically numbered in column "A" according to the content in column "B". If column "B" has text or numbers in a cell I do not want to number that row in column "A". If column "B" is blank in a cell I want to number that row in column "A". I found the following formula that works the opposite of what I want "=IF(B1<>"",COUNTA($B$1:B1)&".","")" . What would the formula be if I wanted to numerically count the blank cells in "B" and skip the conte...

Serial Number Management
Recently i was approached about resolving a problem we are havin logging in laptops we receive on a daily basis. Because of the larg quanities it is hard logging in each laptop by hand using their seria numbers. Is it possible to specify on sheet 1 the upc number and descriptio of each notebook (product) Sheet 2 Contains the serial numbers scanne using a usb scanner or is there a limitation in excel that will stop m from using a usb scanner? Sheet 3 will contain a log sheet consisting o date in and out box number serial number etc. enk0 -- enk0 ------------------------------------------...

A button on the page
How do I make a button on my page that if I click it will put today's date in the cell I want? I am using excel 2007. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Less Spam Better enjoyable experience Visit : news://spacesst.com Hi, I would prefer using the shortcut key Ctrl+; (control semi-colon) 1. First you need to add the Developer tab - press Alt+1, on the Popular tab turn on the Developer tab in the ribbon. 2. On the developer tab choose Insert, Command Button and then click in the sheet where you want the button 3. Double-click the button...

page numbers disappear
Page numbers disappear after page 10 whenever I do a booklet. On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 02:03:26 +0000, 4Av wrote (in article <C5C8808C-2FA7-4019-93DF-24FA9FAB21C3@microsoft.com>): > Page numbers disappear after page 10 whenever I do a booklet. And we're supposed to guess what version you're running are we...? We're not psychic - please elaborate on 'disappear' - do they just vanish as soon as you enter them, or is this resuming a saved document, or what? Or do they not appear at all... The devil's in the details... ;o) Do you have a Master page? Have you ch...

Preventing auto-formatting when Replacing
Say I have a cell that contains LED2/14 The cell is formatted as Text. If I use Ctrl-H to replace LED with nothing, Excel insists on reformatting the remaining 2/14 as a date (i.e. 14-Feb). Is there any way to prevent this infuriating behavior? Thanks, Frank How about: Edit|Replace LED with ' (apostrophe) Frank Marousek wrote: > > Say I have a cell that contains > > LED2/14 > > The cell is formatted as Text. > > If I use Ctrl-H to replace LED with nothing, Excel insists on reformatting > the remaining 2/14 as a date (i.e. 14-Feb). Is there any way to...

Auto Accept Agent Double Booking Support
Hello, Is it possible to configure the Auto Accept Agent to support double booking? We have some resources that need to allow that. Thank You. ...

Statement Format
Does anyone have or know of where to find a statement template that only has the transaction number and amout. Customer does not want all the item detail that has already been printed on the invoice. How can you modify the statement? Could not find anything for statements at Customersource. Thanks. -- SG Where do you get these reciept formats from? David "Rob" <roba@2020its..nospam..com> wrote in message news:eNa9RVWUGHA.4764@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Try the attached file. > > You must use a NewsReader, such as OutlookExpress, in order to see the > at...

Playing with XSL, embedding my new aspx page...
Hi, When we add an new tab in a contact form and publish it,in which folder the xsl is written ? and how can i modify the xsl and embed my own aspx page inside the newly created tab ? and how can i pass an contact id to the newly created aspx page ? Regards, Shasidhar. Check out the SDK available at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversion12sdk.asp?frame=true It covers how to add custom pages to the app. On 17 Feb 2004 10:02:32 -0800, shasidharr@yahoo.com (Shasidhar) wrote: Hi, When we add an new tab in a contact form and p...

Contact field in outlook 2007 new task page
Hi I had office 2003 and in the outlook new task menu, i used to fill in details as per my requirement. There was a field named contacts at the bottom of the page, where in i used to give some reference number and save. Once the task is saved it used to appear on the task menu with all other tasks. I had renamed the contacts column as ref no..column. Now I had installed office 2007. There is no filed appearing as contacts as it used to appear in 2003. Hence Im not able to fill my ref no in that field. It may be noted that Im not able to get the required field in the contacts menu avail...

Properly Formated Spreadsheet
I have been given the task of training all our office worker how to properly format an Excel spreadsheet. Since I am a self taught Excel user I wasn't trained on the "proper" spreadsheet design. I am looking for a book or a good web site that will teach that. I am not even sure how a spreadsheet is properly designed. I was told it should list variables, assumptions and formulas. Any one ideas how do this? Thanks, Marty Marty Try Professional Excel Development http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0321262506/qid=1119301729/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_ur_1/104-7156060-962...

Formatting #22
Excel 2002 I have a sheet that contains numeric and date information. The date is being shown as the integer value ie 38384 instead of 01/02/2005 (this is shown in the formula bar). I can't change number formatting - increasing the number of decimal places doesn't change the value displayed (this is shown as a cell tip however). Any functions ie Autosum inset the function, not the result, for example if I insert autosum for 8 columns it displays '=SUM(I4:I11)' and not the result. I can change the 'text' formatting - bold,underline,italic. I can change the shading...