Auto formatting features: How do I align page numbers in publicati

I've got a problem with my publication.  I can't align even page numbers to
the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well?  Can
someone help me?
0
Cissy99 (1)

Cissy99 wrote:
> I've got a problem with my publication.  I can't align even page numbers to
> the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well?  Can
> someone help me?

You need to create a two-page master rather than a one-page master. What
version of Publisher are you running?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

ASP.NET page to access CRM store
Hi, I am writing a web application to talk with the CRM store. I am having problems authenticating and running a query. Here's my code. bizUser.Url = strDir + "BizUser.srf" Dim credentialCache = New System.Net.CredentialCache Dim credentials As New System.Net.NetworkCredential credentials.Domain = "test" credentials.Password = "pass" credentials.UserName = "user" credentialCache.Add(New Uri("http://" + strServer), "NTLM", credentials) bizUser.Credentials = credentialCache Dim query As New Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CRM...

Index page
I have an Excel file with 303 pages, and would like to take one cell from the top of each page to make it into an index. I created a formula to get the cell contents from the supposed top of each page number of lines, and then was going to construct a formula to go and get the cell contents from each one of the supposed cells at the top of the page. Well, Excel appears not to be very accurate in maintaining the same number of lines to a page, and you don't end up with the correct cells. Is there a way of creating an Index of pages taking a cell immediately after the page break? I did not...

Changing font size in a property page dialog template
I need to programatically change size of property page dialog. It would be nice if the reason was that I am trying to do something for visually impaired users, but no... I am dealing with some devices that lie about their screen resolution. I can do that reasonably easily for dialogs by overriding DoModal or Create and modifying (substituting a modified) template by changing font size there, but I am stumped by CPropertyPage. None of the "obvious" overrides are called. Anyone can help? The other way would be to re-scale everything at OnSize (maybe OnInitDialog), but this is clumsy...

How do I advance cell numbers?
Hi! In one worksheet, I have two columns: 1 column of dates and one column of numbers. On this worksheet, I sum the column of numbers based on the previous 90 days. Is there a way that I can enter a new date and number in one place on a different worksheet, and have it load that date and number in the next blank spaces on the worksheet I describe in the above paragraph? I would then want the next date and number I load to advance to the next blank spaces on the first worksheet, etc., etc. It is important to keep the 90-day total current. Thanks in advance... Sincere...

How to arrange alphabet and numbers in a cell
Hi, In one cell I have numbers and alphabets and how to arrange ascending or descending for example before Cell A1 = 6532ADC After Cell A1 = ACD2356 what formula I have to use? VBA code is preferable. Thanks Try the code below, used like =SORTCELL(A1, TRUE) HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Function SortCell(myR As Range, OrdAsc As Boolean) As String Dim myArr() As String Dim myTemp As Variant Dim i As Integer Dim j As Integer 'Split the string into characters ReDim myArr(1 To Len(myR.Value)) For i = 1 To Len(myR.Value) myArr(i) = Mid(myR.Value, i, 1) Next i 'Do the sort For i = LBou...

Auto number new vendors
I have a client that adds vendors on a regular basis and they use numeric vendor numbers. Will there ever be a way for the system to offer an option to auto number the next new vendor ID? -- Debbie Bergman GP Consultant RSM McGladrey | Phoenix, AZ Debbie, Ethotech's Next Numeric Collection can do this: http://ethotech.com/nextnum.html -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: www.victoriayudin.com "Debbie Bergman" <DebbieBergman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13E5...

Auto FIlter #5
Hello All, I'm trying to use autofilter and can't get it to work. i am running the folowing code worksheets("sheet1").range("a1").autofilter field:=1 criterial:="otis" thanks for any help Ramone, You've also posted this in .programming. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Ramone" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:234ae01c45e49$9d8eedf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello All, > > I'm trying to use autofilter and can&#...

Statements: Numbering and then being able to apply based on state
Have a client who can have 20,000 invoices for a customer in a month. The customer only gets a statement. Would like to be able to number statements and then if the customer pays the full amount be able to pay based on the statement number. Thought about using lockbox processing to try and set up a format based on the electronic data that comes back with the check as well. But need to find if anyone has a solution for the statement numbering We created a customization for a customer about 5-6 years ago that does something like this...it was pretty involved. From what I recall, ther...

email address format
I ran into a problem that I cannot find documentation for. I created a distribution list in the format !name@domain.com I realized that Exchange 2003 would not accept internet email to that address when the exclamation mark is the first character in the email address. Can someone confirm that is the case or some weird bug? Thanks. ...

want parentheses, not negative numbers

pages of garbage with e-mails
some e-mails gome in with 20 or 30 pages of garbage. the message is inbedded, and can be read, but the rest looks like some kind of programming information. Why does this happen, only on a few e-mails, re rest are fine. "pepper" <pepper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C62D5CD-DB3B-4528-B1A0-13CE75E8F9BB@microsoft.com... > some e-mails gome in with 20 or 30 pages of garbage. the message is > inbedded, > and can be read, but the rest looks like some kind of programming > information. Why does this happen, only on a few e-mails, re re...

Excel 2008 hyperlinks won=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=92?=t save on .xlsx format, but will save in xls format.

Formatting page header/footer using cell values.
Hello experts! Excel has a nice option to format various parts of a chart using cell values. Can the same be done for headers/footers, e.g. that the header displays value of cell A5. Thanks, Marko. Hi Marko, Try this... ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter = Range("A5").Value Regards Ankur/Kanchan www.xlmacros.com Pygmalion wrote: > Hello experts! > > Excel has a nice option to format various parts of a chart using cell > values. Can the same be done for headers/footers, e.g. that the header > displays value of cell A5. > > Thanks, Marko. Thanks! ...

Auto generate Item Lookup Code
Is there a way to Auto generate Item Lookup Code and print barcodes. Most of the items we buy do not have UPC and/or barcode on them. Instead of us creating Item Lookup code for each item, is it possible that the systems will automatically generate the Item Lookup code. That feature is not built into RMS, but it can be done either through SQL Scripting or via an add-in. I think there are a couple of existing add-ins that do this, one is ICreate, which is included in the Fashion Bundle from Retail Realm http://www.retailrealm.us. Like I mentioned, this can also be automated through ...

Automatically specify reply/forward format possible?
Hiya - I have a client with OL2003 (fully patched) on Exchange 2000, who wants to somehow, magically, ensure that replies & forwards are always sent in HTML, regardless of the sender's format. He uses Word as email editor, HTML as default for new messages, and has more macros, autotext, etc etc etc than anyone else on the planet. I don't see any way to do this, but thought I would check with the guru squad here. He's kind of a tinkerer and doesn't mind creating something himself to do this (although he doesn't have VBScript experience, I'm sure he'd be delighte...

Auto-populating based on a drop-down list...???
I have a table of data and have created a drop down list based on the first column. I would like to be able to choose an item from the list and then have the additional info I choose fill the next two columns. Is this possible? Here is a sample: Product Spec1 Spec2 Spec3 Price A 0.5 6 RED $2.00 B 0.5 4 BLUE $4.00 C 0.6 8 GREEN $6.00 D 0.7 3 BLACK $8.00 When I choose Product A from the drop down on the "Invoice" worksheet I created, I want the Spec1 and Price to fill the next two columns... Is this even remotely possible? Thank you in advance for your time and effort i...

Format a cell with numbers and user defined text
I want to format a cell that will take user defined numbers and text in the following format: 12345678-A Another example would be: 23454368-X The numbers, dash, and text refer to Medicaid identification numbers and I want to be able to have a constant format when these values are entered. ...

Mail merge
We are attempting to create a mail merge in Publisher using data from an excel file. Several of the merge fields contain numbers which we would like to display as only two decimal places. I tried using the switch (\# $#,##0.00 ), but this didn't work in Publisher. Can anyone offer assistance? Format the fields as text... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Mwiegert" <Mwiegert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78545D0B-F736-4488-BE97-A5739A301754@microsoft.com... > We are attempting to create a mail merge in Publisher using data from an > e...

how do i increase the number of digits displayed
I am a person dealing with large numericals with digits more than 20 in number(for eg. visa no:s and phone card no:s)..when I type in a no: such as 12345678912345678912 and enter the no: it is displayed as 1.23457E-27 how do i enter such large no:s and have them displayed as such i.e without the aforementioned formatting Excel goes to 15 max so format as text or 'at the start of the number -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "ameen" <ameen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36BF725E-CFDB-42A1-8F25-9020C7C82681@microsoft.com... > I am ...

column headings have changed to numbers.
column headings have changed to numbers. My cells now read (1,1) Any suggestions on how to change back.. Hi Brenda tools / options / general - untick R1C1 reference style. Cheers JulieD "Brenda" <Brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:688B1077-8C36-4649-B0B5-1ED2B98BAC50@microsoft.com... > column headings have changed to numbers. > My cells now read (1,1) > Any suggestions on how to change back.. ...

Printing Table headings at the top of every page
This is frustrating me to no end. I have a simple table with column headings and I wish to re-print the column headings at the top of page 2 and page 3. I even see a place in the set-up dialogue box to enable me to do this, but it is greyed out. Why? And, more importantly, how do I tell Excel about the two rows I have devoted to column titles? Do it in File=>PageSetup, not in print preview. then entry would be $2:$3 which you can enter by selecting in the sheet if you do it through page setup under the file menu. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "jayceejay" <jayceejay@dis...

Date format on a drop down box
I have a dropdown box that is linked to a cell where a date is put that is used for other things. The drop down box is filling itself from a range, which contains a sequential list of dates. I have verified that the dates are indeed dates and not text values. However, whenever I select a date using the drop down list, the link cell reverts to a serial format. I have tried to reformat the cell to be mm/dd/yyyy manually but without any success. Should be a simple reason but I am stumped here. Hi You have to format the cell' where you select the date, too. Formatting the data va...

Auto-fill the selected cells without using macro
Hi, I have selected few cells in the same column. Say A2, A5, A9, A11, A16 and A20 in random order. I want to fill the series in these selected cells. Like: A2 1 A5 2 A9 3 A11 4 A16 5 A20 6 .... . .... . .... . Can anyone please help me !!! Thanks in advance, Sachi I can see no way to do that without using VBA HTH -- AP <sachi.b@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:1140579916.377070.171380@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have selected few cells in the same column. Say A2, A5, A9, A11, A16 > and A20 in random order. > > I want to fill t...

The background the page sits on...how to get rid of it?
Help! I have absolutely no idea what you are asking? Please be a little clearer. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "HUH?" <HUH?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4759A8C-155F-449A-A21E-4866629EC60A@microsoft.com... > Help! But if you got rid of the background the page sat on, it would fall down through the program into your computer and be lost forever! -- Ed Bennett Ed Bennett wrote: > But if you got rid of th...

Negative numbers #4
I need to be able to import negative numbers, but when they have right hyphens, they are considered text not negative numbers. I've tried to change the "regional settings" for negative signs, but it's made no difference. What can I do? Thanks, Blake Blake During the import, on the last panel there is an "advanced" button. Click that and you'll see a check box for trailing minus signs Ar ----- Blake Witten wrote: ---- I need to be able to import negative numbers, but when they have right hyphens, they are consid...