Attn Publisher Users: Setting your Text Defaults!

Ok, wanna know how to save your text defaults for all future publications
for Publisher 2002/2003. We have just discovered that you do NOT need the
add-in that we developed. This feature has been there all along, since
Publisher 2002 as a matter of fact.

The Normal.pub feature (like the normal.dot feature in Microsoft Word) is
actually present in these last two versions. Yes, it has been there all
along! Thanks to Alex at Microsoft, as he was kind enough to point out after
all these years that it truly does exist.

I have created a tutorial, which is very simple:
http://www.publishermvps.com/general/normal.html

Essential, you change your normal style via the Format > Styles and
Formatting menu, then save that blank publication as normal.pub in your
C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\Office
folder. Next time you open Publisher, your defaults settings are already
there!

Pretty cool.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

> Thanks to Alex at Microsoft, as he was kind enough to point out after
> all these years that it truly does exist.

LOL

and thanks to you too for passing on this astounding news! It almost
seems to reasonable to be true :-)

--

Hugs, Erika

0
erikakatz (293)
6/10/2004 8:18:52 PM
Hi Erika (erikakatz@mail.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

||| Thanks to Alex at Microsoft, as he was kind enough to point out
||| after all these years that it truly does exist.
|| LOL
|| and thanks to you too for passing on this astounding news! It almost
|| seems to reasonable to be true :-)

Your welcome! I too thought it was astounding, so that is the reason I threw
this tutorial together in less than an hour after I found out :-) lol

And thanks for the hug.....mmmmmmmmmm...
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
6/10/2004 8:44:15 PM
Cooler still would be if it simply had a Default... button like Word. ;-)

On 10/06/2004 20:17, Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP] wrote:
> Ok, wanna know how to save your text defaults for all future publications
> for Publisher 2002/2003. We have just discovered that you do NOT need the
> add-in that we developed. This feature has been there all along, since
> Publisher 2002 as a matter of fact.
>
> The Normal.pub feature (like the normal.dot feature in Microsoft Word) is
> actually present in these last two versions. Yes, it has been there all
> along! Thanks to Alex at Microsoft, as he was kind enough to point out after
> all these years that it truly does exist.
>
> I have created a tutorial, which is very simple:
> http://www.publishermvps.com/general/normal.html
>
> Essential, you change your normal style via the Format > Styles and
> Formatting menu, then save that blank publication as normal.pub in your
> C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\Office
> folder. Next time you open Publisher, your defaults settings are already
> there!
>
> Pretty cool.
0
bcraigie (2)
6/10/2004 10:53:15 PM
In news:OYtxJ3zTEHA.204@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Brian S. Craigie <bcraigie@bigfoot.com> posted:
> Cooler still would be if it simply had a Default... button like Word.

Now THAT might be possible with the use of the VBA, which ties a button to
the normal.pub save location, but I think I would leave that one up to Ed
Bennett, the add-in guru.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1244)

How do you stop text size increasing in email replies?
I am a new Outlook user and finding it rather frustrating that every time I reply to an email and whenever the recipient responds to me, the text size in each email going back in the email trail gets larger and larger. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? ...

Business portal
When adding a user i am recieving an error - can not add the user because a user with that name already exists. The user does not exist in MbfUser. Also, this user was previously active in business portal but tied to a different windows logon. I am using BP sp3, with GP 8.0 sp3. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Pauline, Thank you for posting to the news group. You may also want to check the following tables in the Dynamics database: MbfUserWindowsIdentity MbfRoleUser MbfUserSetting -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Thanks,...

OWA denying access to Users, not administrators
Monday morning following a reboot of our SBS2000 server, OWA began denying access to users. User will attempt to sign on at the OWA log in dialog box and OWA will blink and present them with the log in dialog box again. After the 3rd attempt, the user receives a webpage with only the words: Error: Access is Denied. However, for those in the Administrators group, logging on is no problem. If I make a user a member of Administrators, they too can log in to OWA. Users are logging in on a variety of machines from Windows to Mac. Server is SBS2000, fully patched. This occurred af...

how can text be set up to generate a number?
i would like to a word generate a number, i.e.> enter "apples"in one cell and excel generate "352" in a different cell for items like inventory. Basically You will need to set up a 'Lookup' table somewhere with Apples 352 In two columns. Complete this for all entries and then if you are going to enter 'Apples' on another sheet in A1 then in A2 enter =VLOOKUP(A1,Your_Lookup_Range_Address,2,FALSE) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "jwmaes" <jwmaes@discussions.microso...

Can domain users RDP to domain controllers?
Hi guys Can I check with you guys if by default can a domain users RDP to a domain controller? I tried putting the account into the remote desktop users group which has the allow logon via terminal services. I also grant it the "allow logon locally" rights. But while I am able to log on to the DC locally with that account, I am not able to RDP into it. Is only domain admins able to RDP to DC only? Regards -- Domon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Domon's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/48096.htm View t...

Publisher 2000 file keeps closing when I try to work in upper lef.
Every time I try to open a text box, insert a picture or resize anything in the upper left hand portion of page 1 on my 4-page publication, the program closes and Microsoft Error Reporting comes up. This happened to me in another document, so i started all over again in this new one. Any ideas? I have installed all my applicable updates... Any chance you'd send it to me to take a look at it? If so, send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy~Lynne" <Amy~Lynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E12002-...

Microsoft Excel ASC II Text Files
How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of file in order to import to another program such as "MaiList & AddressBook" Hi Bill try saving as 'CSV' file in the Save As dialog. This is a comma separated text (ASCII) file HTH Frank Bill Cadwallader wrote: > How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of > file in order to import to another program such > as "MaiList & AddressBook" ...

Text Boxes added to Chart Series
How do I keep text boxes that I've added to a data series with the column they belong on? If I change the size of the chart in anyway, I have to move the text boxes back to their respective spots on the chart. Text boxes are not added to a series, but to the chart. This prevents their sticking to any particular points. Could you add them as data labels? If you use a built-in position (i.e., don't drag them around) they will stick with their associated points - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://P...

how do I set-up a interveiw outline
how do I set-up a interveiw outline www.google.com "brazal" <brazal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D65D1B1-2DD6-4FE2-B96D-108ED7E1E914@microsoft.com... : how do I set-up a interveiw outline make a bulleted or numbered outline via word. -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner - @hotmail.com ~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen > > "brazal&...

Text-wrapping horizontal axis labels
Hi, I've a small problem which I can't seem to find a solution for - I have created a set of financial reports for a client, which includes a number of charts. The charts are waterfall charts, which I've constructed using a form of stacked bar chart. The labels for the horizontal axis are linked to text alongside the calculations for the charts. The text in the labels is of varying lengths and for some of the charts, this text is being wrapped to two layers on the label that appear on the chart. Every now and then, one of the labels is too long, and instead of ...

Excel Services Publish
I have a 64 bit client (Windows Server 2008) and my colleague has Windows 7 64 bit client. We are trying to publish an Excel 2007 document to MOSS, which is running under https, and is sitting on a 64 bit operating system. We keep getting the "File Not Saved" error when we try to publish from our clients. However, a 3rd colleague has Windows XP 32 bit and can publish the same exact Excel files just fine up to the very same MOSS location we tried on the 64 bit clients. Can someone from MSFT confirm that this is an issue with 64 bit clients? Can you present a solut...

Can't see text box fill colour
I have recently reloaded Office Small Business following a hard drive crash. I made some changes to display in Control Panel Accessibility this time that weren't there before. I've changed back to default but the problem continues. Previously I could fill or border text boxes and see the results in both normal view and print preview. Now the fill/border colour is only visible in print preview. Borders appear as black and fills as white in normal view. Text colours are unaffected. This is making life difficult as white text in a black fill just disappears until I go to pr...

Default numeric value
I am creating a spreadsheet dealing with dollars. There are several formulas that I have created using percentages. One particular formula multiplies a percent in one cell by the $ value in another. If I have no $ value in the cell the formula uses a '1' instead of what I would expect '0'. How can I set up my sheet so that if a cell is blank the default value will be '0'? Would help to see your formula, but: =if(isblank(a1),"",a1*b1) ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com "thomson" <thomson@discussions.microsof...

deleting pages in publisher 2002
When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. K. On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:39:35 +0000, KLeDrew wrote (in article <CA87F080-CAF5-4A38-956C-FDF8896CA92A@microsoft.com>): > When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes > instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" > delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. > > ...

SetFont does not set font
Hello again, Yet another problem I am afraid and I would once more like to call upon a little external wisdom. I am having a major problem with CFont and the SetFont. Mainly: It doesnt want to work. I am using the CreatePointFont method on a CFont object defined in global scope at the top of my dialog. I then attempt to try and use SetFont on a dialog, and on a button, and on anything else for that matter and the effect it has is zero. I am using it in my InitDialog routine yet I still get nothing when I paint text to the window, or when I view the buttons on the dialog. Has anyone g...

Copy/Paste to Match Destination Formatting -- BY DEFAULT
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel As a long time PC Word user, I have been accustomed to the large amount of preference customization that is available. One CRUCIAL (for me) customization option in PC Word is the ability to set the default action when pasting from one program (the web or Acrobat) to Word. <br><br>By default, both Word 2008 (mac) and Word 2007 (PC) keep the source formatting when pasting between programs. To me that makes no sense, because 9 out of 10 times you don't want your word document to have many differ...

WordArt from Publisher 2000 file ti Publisher 2003
I have two files created in Publisher 2000 - when opened in Publisher 2003 the size of the WordArt is totall skewed - most much larger than in the original document. This is the second document this has happened on - is there something I'm missing? I thought I could go from 2000 to 2003, just not the other way around? The WordArt in 2003 and 2000 are very different. You can download the old WordArt utility and use it with 2003. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=&freetext=wordart&DisplayLang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://...

ClickOnce and Publisher
Hi, I have the problem, that publishing my WPF app using ClickOnce that the Publisher is set as "Unknow Publisher" (compare: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2347326/how-to-set-publisher-in-a-net-clickonce-application) We have certificate from GlobalSign. How do I add this certificate to the project? Why do I need a certificate? Thanks Christian ...

Publisher should allow the deletion of multiple pages
I wish publisher would allow for the deletion of muliple pages much like the options available when printing pages. lejianzhong <lejianzhong@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I wish publisher would allow for the deletion of muliple pages much > like the options available when printing pages. Suggestion: Try here: How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q114491 -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

How do i get into Publisher in Microsoft XP (new computer, sorry)
Just got a fancy new computer and am used to using Microsoft 2000. Often use Publisher but can't seem to find it on XP. Any answers please be gentle not great on computers Publisher doesn't come with the OS if that's what you mean by XP. If your new computer came with a Office 2003 you "may" have Publisher on the machine depending on which version of Office. "Rowan" <Rowan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AD224EF-4D1C-491B-A563-150A475B52F0@microsoft.com... | Just got a fancy new computer and am used to using Microsoft 2000. Ofte...

Excel: When printing some cells will not print text in them
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) When I print an Excel 08 spread sheet, two of the cells that have text in them will not print the text in the cell. All the other cells with text prints fine. The text does not even show up on print preview in the print dialogue box. Any suggestions on how to get it to include the text in these two cells? ...

Pass a command text in pivot table
I've got a pivot table with data give back by odbc (in excel 2003). When i pass a new sql command, it answer me the database, also if i pass the connection string. My code is this: With ActiveSheet.PivotTables(sNamePivot).PivotCache .CommandText = sSelect .Connection = "ODBC;DSN=DS;DB=" & NomeDB & ";SRVR=;UID=SYSADM;PWD=" .Refresh End With sNamePivot --> string variable contain the correct name of the pivot table. NomeDB --> string variable contain the database. sSelect --> variable contain the sql command. Why does it called me ...

Importing vcalendar data to multiple users
I'm running Exchange 5.5. Several times a year I have to create a large group of users. I'd like to be able to pre-populate each user's calendar with pertinent calendar events. Is there a way to import this type of data in batch mode? See if http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm#company helps. ME wrote: > I'm running Exchange 5.5. Several times a year I have to create a > large group of users. I'd like to be able to pre-populate each user's > calendar with pertinent calendar events. > > Is there a way to import this type of data in batch...

User defined type not defined
I am trying to create a simple macro to insert some text into an OL 2007 message. When I run the macro, I am getting a compile error "User-defined type not defined." Can someone tell me what commands I need to insert or change? Thank you. This is my code. Sub Greetings() ' ' Greetings Macro ' Macro recorded 9/4/2009 by Bob ' Dim objDoc As Word.Document Dim objSel As Word.Selection On Error Resume Next ' get a Word.Selection from the open Outlook item Set objDoc = Application.ActiveInspector.WordEditor Set objSel = ...

publishing lists in excel
I'm trying to publish a list from excel to sharepoint window services. I get an error: cannot connect to the server at this time. Your list cannot be published. I've checked off all the troubleshooting alerts except one (You cannot create a list in a shared workbook). Since I'm on sharepoint windows, I don't have the option of sharing or not sharing my workbook (its greyed out) and I CAN create a list in Excel. I just can't published it to my sharepoint site. I want to set-up a synchronized list with my excel worksheet and sharepoint site. The TEST data is only 1 l...