Are Different Versions of Publisher Compatable?

A lot of my clients use Publisher and I've been considering purchasing a copy
to make working with them easier. However, I've been told that different
versions of Publisher aren't compatible with each other.

If I buy the latest version of Publisher, will I be able to open up files
that are made in previous versions of the program?

Thanks,
Randy

Publisher 2002 and 03 are backward compatible. You will be able to open all
versions with the exception of 1.0 and maybe 2.0. You also would have the
ability to save as 2000 and 98.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Randy_in_Pgh" <Randy_in_Pgh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A lot of my clients use Publisher and I've been considering purchasing a copy
> to make working with them easier. However, I've been told that different
> versions of Publisher aren't compatible with each other.
>
> If I buy the latest version of Publisher, will I be able to open up files
> that are made in previous versions of the program?
>
> Thanks,
> Randy

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Publisher #39
Can Publisher 2000 be opened in Publisher 98? -- Thanks, Sandra No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Sandra" <Sandra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC2BFA6F-F461-4AB2-9FCF-81D8C1F79C17@microsoft.com... > Can Publisher 2000 be opened in Publisher 98? > -- > Thanks, > > Sandra But according to Brian, all future Pub files will open in Pub 2003. :-) Mike JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote: > No > I'm so glad you can't see me chuckling. But, Mousie, thou art no thy lane, In proving foresight may be vain; The be...

How to bar code in a document in Publisher 2003?
Have a direct mailing piece which I want to add postal bar code to with a Publisher 2003 doucment. Source data is an excel spreadsheet. This is not an envelope or label but and address being printed right on the document and will be stuffed into a window envelope. Lisa wrote: > Have a direct mailing piece which I want to add postal bar code to with a > Publisher 2003 doucment. Source data is an excel spreadsheet. This is not > an envelope or label but and address being printed right on the document and > will be stuffed into a window envelope. http://ed.mvps.org/Static....

Publisher error #3
I was working on a 36 page publication in publisher. I went to print the document and the printer progress showed 103% done, and while looking at the print out there were 3 pages that publisher didn't print out. After that, I attempted to open the file again to see what happened becuase it froze after saying 103% printed as well. I wasn't able to open the file at all. I forget the error that it gave me, but I lost the entire document. My saves periodically so we had a back up but when i was working with the back up, the same problem happened to me again and I wasn't ...

Excel opening old version of file
I have an excel attachment sent from a colleague via outlook 2003 email. The attachment sent from my colleague is version 12. The attachment opens on my pc as a previous version. It is version 11. When I forward the attachment to another colleague the attachment is version 12 as it should be. The problem as you can see is that my pc sees the attachment as an old version 11. It is a shared spreadsheet. I have deleted temp profile files and still the issue persists. Does anyone have any ideals? Ronnie You can redo regserver but my advice is always save to the HD and then open ...

MS Publisher "Select Table" won't list views with user-defined functions?!
MS Publisher "Select Table" won't list views (queries) containing user-defined functions?! What's wrong? And how to work around this? Using the latest version of Microsoft Publisher and MS Access (2003 sp2 with all latest updates), I am trying to create physical asset labels, with a unique serial number on each label. And in Microsoft Publisher, when I go to "select data source" and select my MS Access database "20060117pst2301pmb primary.mdb" (which generates such serial numbers), I get a popup entitled "Select Table" which lists all its tab...

Office 2003 how to load Publisher?
I downloaded Word and Excel from the Office 2003 Student and teacher Edition CD and did not download Publisher. I now wish to do so but when I choose add a programme Publisher is not listed. How do I download Publisher? Blair Publisher is not included in your version of Office. Sorry about that. You will have to purchase Publisher as a standalone. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Blair" <darrach@coille.com> wrote in message news:OlNW2WyAGHA.3352@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I downloaded Word and Excel ...

How to remove the alternative text box from the publisher email?
Hi, I have created a publisher email and have email it to myself for testing view. I find there is a small alternative text box appearing whenever my mouse cursor station at any point of the email. How to remove this alternative text box from the publisher email? Help... -- Thank you, Cpviv Sounds like all the text has was converted to an image. Try to select the text and you will see it is an image. Go to tools > Options > Web tab and under Email options uncheck the option to send as an image. If that doesn't fix the problem, reference: Tips and troubleshooting for ...

Publish a website #2
Please if any one know how to publish a website please reply to me ,and also please give step by step information to publish a web site.... reply to raj4uswty@yahoo.com Post the version of Publisher you plan to use. Look for help here in the news group. -- Don Vancouver, USA "raj" <raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7088EC50-9EDC-4148-AD1E-2715A0859189@microsoft.com... > Please if any one know how to publish a website please reply to me ,and > also > please give step by step information to publish a web site.... > reply to raj4uswty@yahoo...

two x axes with one y axis, different data on x
I need to have two x-axis with two different types of data (ex: oxygen and temp, one on top, one on the bottom) with one y-axis (depth, on the left). The same basic concept as having 2 y-axes but with the x-axes. Make your XY chart with both sets of data. Double click one series, and on the Axis tab, select Secondary. Excel helpfully gives you a secondary Y axis, but only the primary X axis. Select Chart Options from the Chart menu, and on the Axes tab, uncheck the secondary Y box, and check the secondary X box. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Servi...

How do you open a Publisher 2002 file with Publisher 2003?
I just installed Office 2003. Now when I try to open a file I created with Publisher 2002 it pops up "Publisher 2003 can't open this file". Help! I need to open these files to use asap. Thanks for your help. Bill Are you using Norton Anti-virus? If so, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/ and see if anything there helps. Norton often plays havoc with Office. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49F42A60-1A32-4161-984B-CAE70900361B@microsoft.com... >I just installed Office 20...

Publisher, SEND button --WEBBOT-SELF--
I have put an order page in my site. I publish it to my host. The send button is set to email the page to my email address. I do not use Outlook and could never be sure if my customers would use this product. But I keep getting errors that say that it can't find the file ............./--WEBBOT-SELF--/ on my site. I can't find anything in the help files to address this nor can I find any books that deal with it. Help! What's the URL to your site and page with the form? Your host server must have FP extensions installed and working and very often the email address mu...

Using different format depending on screen
greetings I have an access db that I use at home on a PC with a large screen and on the road using a laptop. In each of my many forms, the Form_Open event has a line like... DoCmd.MoveSize 150, 6000, 6750, 4770 that works well for the screen in question. I use one set of numbers on my PC and another set on the laptop. I'd like the program to somehow recognize which computer I'm using so that I can use If...Else If... to set the correct values for each machine. I'm really not sure how to do this. Any clues would be appreciated. -- Thanks Sophie "Sophie" <...

Rollback to previous version of SOP_Item_Detail
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03A3_01C4B701.53AE7910 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there anyway that I can import back to my edited dictionary the = original SOP_Item_Detail that came with GreatPlain? Will that fix the = problem that my does not get populated with data when user click to go = to SOP_Item_Detail from SOP Entry form? Thanks for any help- --=20 Roxy ------=_NextPart_000_03A3_01C4B701.53AE7910 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-En...

Version Numbers: ADO vs EXCEL
Some may consider this an ADO item, but it concerns Excel users as well Here's the problem (and a partial solution): An excel worksheet tries to extract and merge tabular data from anothe worksheet located in another workbook(that may be opened or not). Extraction is based on variable criteria. So I used ADO to perform th operation. The Connection string looks like: -Dim strConnection as String strConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source= & strExcelWorkbook & ";" & _ "Extended Properties=""Excel 8.0;HDR=...

What's the difference between 64 bit and 32 bit
What's the difference between 64 bit and 32 bit when downloading a virus patch? Second, download the MS03-026 security patch from Microsoft: Windows XP (32 bit) http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/8/b/98bcfad8-afbc- 458f-aaee-b7a52a983f01/WindowsXP-KB823980-x86-ENU.exe Windows XP (64 bit) http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/7/5/a75b3c8f-5df0- 451b-b526-cfc7c5c67df5/WindowsXP-KB823980-ia64-ENU.exe This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C361A3.85DC80D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encodin...

Second X Axis with different scale
Is there a way in Excel 2002 to have a second X axis with a different scale than the first? If not, are there any free or cheap addin that will do this? Hi, Here's an explanation of how to display the secondary x axis. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm Cheers Andy Mike wrote: > Is there a way in Excel 2002 to have a second X axis with a different scale > than the first? If not, are there any free or cheap addin that will do this? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Print index cards from Publisher
How can I print a mail-merge Publisher document to print postcards 4 at a time on a single page ? Thanks for your reply. Set the page size to that of a single card. Use page setup and either select postcard from the menu or select a custom size and input the dimensions. Then when printing, select 'change copies per sheet' and click on 'print multiple copies per sheet'. -- Ron Cohen "Vinit" <Vinit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:576CFC48-1598-436F-B767-CA297CF59231@microsoft.com... > How can I print a mail-merge Publisher document to p...

Does anybody know how to add barcodes to Publisher
I am trying to add barcodes to Publisher drawings. Has anybody found a way of achieving this Thanks Tony ...

Publisher for MAC
I would like to be able to use some of the publisher features on my MACBOOK PRO, but have been unable to locate the software, I waited for Office 2008 for Mac and it wasn't there :( when are you going to have it available for we mac afficianado's? -- If you try it you can be sure if you don''t like it, if you don''t try it your assuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see t...

Analysis Cuber SQL server 2005 on GP 10.0 Spanish version
Hello, I'm trying to install Analysis Cubes Server SQL server 2005 on a Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 with a Latin American version. But the problem is that when i execute this installer, an error saying that I don't have the GP client installed pops up. I'm starting to think that Latin American version is not supported for installing Analysis Cubes. Please help me, i want to know the answer for this question. Thank you. Jose PD: Here is a picture of the mistake (http://cid-7eefbf21ce96c3be.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/P%c3%bablico/AnalysisCubes.bmp) Open the Windows Registry ...

Big difference in code performance
I wrote a class on which I perform unit-testing before integration in the main development line, the unit-testing and main dev being two separate projects. I wrote a routine which constructs a data structure in the class, which uses CArrays, vectors, and the nth_element routine from STL, with the routine being recursive. Now, in the unit-test project, the routine takes ~3-4 seconds to execute. In the main development code, it takes ~70 seconds to execute. This is measured for the routine itself (no setup or cleanup), same data as input, same computer, and both projects compiled for debug. ...

filtering data into different workheet #2
Thanks for the help but i managed to find my way using pivot tables. Thanks again Swmasso -- swmasso ----------------------------------------------------------------------- swmasson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=838 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27045 ...

How to number pages in Publisher at page 10 and not p 1 please
I wish to have ten un-numbered pages at the start of my publication with page 11 being page 1. Can I do this please? Go to page 11, Insert, Section, Check begin a section with this page, start at page one. Okay out. Insert page numbers. If you have a two page spread you may have to insert page number on both sides. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Barbara Eek" <Barbara Eek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:564175CF-3FAD-4E6E-A00A-0BA073012D74@microsoft.com... >I wish to have ten un-numbered pages at the start of my publication with page > 11 b...

Use a different spreadsheet as source data
Presently, I have a radar comparing YTD actual 2009 vs YTD budget 2009 but I want to provideto user the capability of seeing maybe actual 2008 vs budget 2008. Meaning that I am looking for a way to change the automatically not the X or Y (it will remain the same) but change the sheet used as the source data for the graph ...

differences between IE6,IE7 and IE8
Please provide me all the difference between all these three version of IE Aashi wrote: > Please provide me all the difference between all these three version of IE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_explorer Paul On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 04:43:01 -0800, Aashi <Aashi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please provide me all the difference between all these three version of IE Please do a little research on your own--Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. Information you find on a web site will be much more thorough than whatever someone here tells you from his memory. ...