Applying Numbers to tickets, 2 sides. Is there a way to do it

I belong to a non-profit club which from time to time I make
some raffle tickets (2 parts)
Is it possible with publisher to number both sides of the tickets.
The sheet prints roughtly 8 a page, and what I would lik eis the
first ticket to print 001 on one side of the split ticket, and 001 on the
other side. then number the 2nd one 002 and so on and so forth
in numerical order till it is done? 
Thanks Bruce
0
Utf
12/19/2009 11:44:01 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

3 Replies
904 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 29

If the ticket number is on the front, you can insert the field twice, once 
on the left and the same on the right. If you plan to insert the number on 
the back you will need to setup two publications. Refer to print preview.

Some help here
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA101208161033.aspx?pid=CH100502901033
-- 
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"brucefl" <brucefl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:EF0D9F36-61D4-40D2-B1A6-14BBC3DA154B@microsoft.com...
>I belong to a non-profit club which from time to time I make
> some raffle tickets (2 parts)
> Is it possible with publisher to number both sides of the tickets.
> The sheet prints roughtly 8 a page, and what I would lik eis the
> first ticket to print 001 on one side of the split ticket, and 001 on the
> other side. then number the 2nd one 002 and so on and so forth
> in numerical order till it is done?
> Thanks Bruce 

0
Mary
12/20/2009 11:46:05 AM
If I insert "page numbers" all I get is the numeral  1 on the left bottom?
It doesn't allow me to instuer a number on the right side. It also shows the 
same numberal on all 8 tickets?

I am assuming I have to use the mail merge feature,  and create a list of 
numbers?
I am looking at about 250 tickets, so I would have to make a list of that 
many numbers?

thanks  for the help, it is probably a simple answer?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> If the ticket number is on the front, you can insert the field twice, once 
> on the left and the same on the right. If you plan to insert the number on 
> the back you will need to setup two publications. Refer to print preview.
> 
> Some help here
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA101208161033.aspx?pid=CH100502901033
> -- 
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> 
> "brucefl" <brucefl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:EF0D9F36-61D4-40D2-B1A6-14BBC3DA154B@microsoft.com...
> >I belong to a non-profit club which from time to time I make
> > some raffle tickets (2 parts)
> > Is it possible with publisher to number both sides of the tickets.
> > The sheet prints roughtly 8 a page, and what I would lik eis the
> > first ticket to print 001 on one side of the split ticket, and 001 on the
> > other side. then number the 2nd one 002 and so on and so forth
> > in numerical order till it is done?
> > Thanks Bruce 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
12/22/2009 12:21:01 AM
Making a consecutive number data base is simple enough if you have Excel, Access 
or even Word.
It will be a bit harder if you create it in Publisher.
Look here for an example, this is is Excel but it about the the same for Access
http://msauer.mvps.org/misc.htm
scroll down a little.



-- 
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"brucefl" <brucefl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:14BC4F36-30F4-4203-A1E8-AC4246439141@microsoft.com...
> If I insert "page numbers" all I get is the numeral  1 on the left bottom?
> It doesn't allow me to instuer a number on the right side. It also shows the
> same numberal on all 8 tickets?
>
> I am assuming I have to use the mail merge feature,  and create a list of
> numbers?
> I am looking at about 250 tickets, so I would have to make a list of that
> many numbers?
>
> thanks  for the help, it is probably a simple answer?
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> If the ticket number is on the front, you can insert the field twice, once
>> on the left and the same on the right. If you plan to insert the number on
>> the back you will need to setup two publications. Refer to print preview.
>>
>> Some help here
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA101208161033.aspx?pid=CH100502901033
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "brucefl" <brucefl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:EF0D9F36-61D4-40D2-B1A6-14BBC3DA154B@microsoft.com...
>> >I belong to a non-profit club which from time to time I make
>> > some raffle tickets (2 parts)
>> > Is it possible with publisher to number both sides of the tickets.
>> > The sheet prints roughtly 8 a page, and what I would lik eis the
>> > first ticket to print 001 on one side of the split ticket, and 001 on the
>> > other side. then number the 2nd one 002 and so on and so forth
>> > in numerical order till it is done?
>> > Thanks Bruce
>>
>> .
>> 


0
Mary
12/22/2009 12:02:30 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

parsing a date and time field #2
I am having trouble parsing the date and time in a field. I download data from a data base and the date and time come together in one field. I want to seperate the two. The date and time comes across as the following: "2/1/2009 14:37" in the cell. When I parse it, it seperates into three columns as follows: "2/1/2009", 2:37 AM", and "PM" I can see what is going on but I would like to get two columns with one as the date and the other as the correct time. are they any ideas on how to address this? Try using the TimeValue and DateValue functions. First format ...

Excel, how do I change the column headings from letters to number
I have a spreadsheet that has numbered columns as opposed to the standard letters. How can I change this back to letters? Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the General tab. There, uncheck the R1C1 reference style setting. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "lazybee" <lazybee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:030962A3-A111-4780-93C0-1D28003F1F20@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet that has numbered columns as opposed to the >standard > letters. How can I change this ...

All macros failing part way through with different error messages
All the macros I have in various workbooks are failing - usually part-way through - with different error messages each time. When I check the debugger and try to edit the text, there seems no reason why there should be a problem. The macro has so far stopped on instructions to : - open a workbook - select a worksheet - paste a column in a different place Several times the macro has just stopped running without completing and without showing an error message. I cannot run a host of urgent daily reports without using the macros. Please help! NO way to help unless you tell us exactly...

How can I print just the flip side of a booklet?
How can I print just the flip side of a booklet? I printed the first side just fine and then my computer went funny and I had to shut down and start back up again. I have 25 copies of the first side that need to be printed on the back side. Pub 2000 user here: There may be a better way but I think you will have to print a page at a time i.e., File, Print Page 2 of 2; then 3 of 3 and so on. -- Don Vancouver, USA "pqc18" <pqc18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92653E8D-9772-4AE0-A9C3-514B363E72B2@microsoft.com... > How can I print just the flip side ...

Is there any way to...
Hey there, New to excel and trying to figure out how to set up a formula that would let me use one Column (C) to decide whether or not a value in the same row but in column b gets used in a =Sum function. Basically I have a list of items in column A, Their prices in column B and a Total in Column D for all the prices. Now, since some of the things in column A are packages of several items at a lower price then the items individually the only way to get just the value with the packaged deals is to edit the =Sum function to skip over the cells with the individual items prices ( least as ...

Money Central Portfolio #2
My print function has gotten corupted. When I print it flips to WORD / format and prints in a format that is 4x normal. ...

macro #2
I am pretty new to using (or attempting to use) a Macro in a workbook. I am having trouble following how and what to do to even start the process; ie If there needs to be a worksheet already in progress or can I start from a new sheet. THEN where to go from there. Can I have some help in this area? Can some one supply me with a sample MACRO? Any help would be greatly appreciated Dan The best way to get started with macros is to use the Macro Recorder. Go to the Tools menu, choose Macros, then Record New Macro. Then, carry out some simple tasks and examine the code that is produced. ...

merging 2 cells without losing data?
How can I merge 2 cells without losing data from the other cell? Hi Bob Not possible I'm afraid. Try placing the dat from both cells into one and use "Center across selection" under Format>Cells>Alignment Merge cells always end up causing grief. they are best avoided. ***** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins. Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum ***** "bob" <bobree@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23JuOM9HGEHA.2308@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How can I merge 2 cells without losing data from the other...

Statements #2
How are statements sorted? Alphabetically by name or by account number? Does anybody know? -- Any help is appriciated, Deb Mine are done alphabetically by name. -- Elizabeth M. "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D58FEF32-7509-473B-A554-6A48E02697CF@microsoft.com... > How are statements sorted? Alphabetically by name or by account number? > Does > anybody know? > -- > Any help is appriciated, Deb ...

how to config Server for one user which has 2 mail address.
we have one NT4.0 + Exchange 5.5 Server "A" Email abc@xxx.com.cn ��and another windows2003 + exchange 2003 Server "B" abc@cn.xxx.com user name is same in A B��Mx record was be set ,question is how to config Exchange 2003 to receive down the mail to Server A , because of we need to replace A with B. thanks a lot. E2K3 setup guides you through common scenarios (like yours) pretty much holding your hand - on welcome screen tell it that you have existing E55 org and want to join it, then follow on-screen instructions. Having usable backup of Exchange databases and AD i...

Applying A/P Credits to unposted A/P invoices
We are currently using version 9.0. Is there a way to apply unposted credits against unposted invoices as you are working? We create batches once a day and do not post them until the end of the day. Can this be done while the credit and invoice are in "work" status? Please advise. Thanks for your help! Julie, You can't apply to unposted transactions in AP (or AR for that matter). Sorry, -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Julie B" <JulieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97C1F021-1E43-4305-B8F3-D54425FA45D9@microsoft.com... > We are currently...

Macro
Here is one for you experts - I am a novice I want to add a macro to a worksheet that will print selected information held on certain rows of the worksheet. Once the 'button' has been selected a mesage box will pop up asking the user to input which row number he/she wishes to print. On input that number is matched to the corresponding row of the worksheet and that row is copied (without any formula - just cell values) and pasted into another worksheet where it is placed into other formats and printed. Seems like a simple(!!) job - but far to difficult for me to programme Can an...

Any FREAKIN' way to import DBX files into Outlook 2003
I've tried: Importing via Outlook | Import from another Program or File Importing via Outlook | Import Internet Mail and Addresses Exporting from Outlook Express Tried Many, many times... Can Microsucks make this any more complicated... It's a FREAKIN' DBX file collection NO - No other Application has it Open. YES - The Files ARE there YES - the Internet Account IS there Yes - I've wasted more of my time IMPORTING into Outlook Express in VISTA just to RE-EXPORT back to Outlook. What a bunch of freakin' idiots... Another 2 hours wasted - because one Microsoft applica...

Sum amount if = 2 value's
I have a spreadsheet of payment types for which I want to sum the tota amount per type per month A B C Type Amount Month I'm able to get the total amount per type by usin =SUMIF(A:A,"TYPE",B:B), but can't work out how to get a total for eac type each month Somthing along these lines: =SUMIF((A:A,"TYPE",B:B)&C:C,"MONTH")) ???? Any idea's -- loscherlan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- loscherland's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.ph...

DPM and VMM on same server using side-by-side SQL installation
Windows 2008 Std R2 Server, 64bit VMM 2007 is currently installed (with the built-in default database) SQL 2005 Express Edition, SP3, 32bit. I was advised by Microsoft that both VMM and DPM could be installed on the same server (small DR environment) The VMs are hosted on a Windows 2008 Enterprise Server w/ VS2005R2 - because the hardware didn't support HyperV. VMM works great to manage the Windows 2008 VS2005R2 Host running Win2K3 server instances ... after lots of trial and error. Now, I need to install DPM 2007 onto the same server... DPM wants to install the 64bit vers...

Excel pivot table #2
i encountered an error in my pivot table. i created an olap cube using the analysis manager. the cube displays the correct data of my measures but on my pivot report, it displays #N/A.... i need help to fix this one... thanks.... =) ...

Is there a way to sort a column without invoking a macro?
I am trying to get a feel for some probabilistic properties. For example, I am trying to look at the statistics of the intervals between randomly occurring pulses. I have no problem getting a column of uniformly distributed pulse times, but they are unsorted, Every time I recalculate with cmd-=, I get a new unsorted set of pulse times because of the use of the RAND function. Is there a way of taking this unsorted column and pasting it into another colun that would be sorted without invoking a macro? To simplify and be more specific consider the following. 1. In A1:A100 I have a set...

Outlook Express 6 Spell Check #2
I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a problem with spell check. When you send an email, it says "spell check has been haulted, do you want to send anyway" and if I ask it to spell check, it says an error has occured in spell check. All my spelling options are correctly set, so I don't know what the problem is. Kimberly McNabb <knmcnabb@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a > problem with spell check. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Database #2
Hi I'm new to Outlook. I hear of an Outlook database in other threads. Is this synonymous with the ..pst or .ost files people mention? Does it corrupt often and if so are there tools to repair it? Regards Craig. There's a utility called ScanPST.EXE that will scan and attempt to repair the file. Yes, typically when a user says Outlook database they're referring to their PST file "Craig Roberts" <craigroberts@jkr.co.uk> wrote in message news:C4C8E141.211DE%craigroberts@jkr.co.uk... > Hi > > I'm new to Outlook. > > I hear of an Outlook d...

unique with 2 columns
I have 2 columns with duplicates in the first column and no duplicates in the second. I neeed to only see one value for each in the left and only one of the accounts from the right. ie: abc 1234 abc 12345 bcd 251 eft 600 eft 607 I would like to see either of the abc with the 1234 or 12345 I would like to see the bcd since it's individual with the 251 I would like to see either of the eft with the 600 or the 607 Use a totals query and one of the aggregate functions (First, Last, Min, or Max) on the...

host unreachable #2
hi, if i send a email with a wrong address or mispelled it, i don't get a message that the address, destination is wrong until 4 days later after being deletedj from the outgoi queue im using E5,5 sp4 thks Is that for all domains, even for Yahoo and Hotmail? Rick wrote: > hi, > > if i send a email with a wrong address or mispelled it, i > don't get a message that the address, destination is wrong > until 4 days later after being deletedj from the outgoi > queue > > im using E5,5 sp4 > > thks ...

Excel number formatting #2
I receive spreadsheets with separate columns of numbers and text. The problem is that the numbers column is not in number or general format (when sorting behaves like text). Is there a way to turn those columns into numbers (except stepping into each one separately)? When I just highlight the number in the cell and hit enter, the cell automatically becomes numeric (I'm looking for a more global solution). Thanks, A You can do this: 1. Type 1 (the number 1) into a blank cell. Highlight this, select Edit, Copy. Now highlight entire column(s) that you want changed to numeric, and sel...

Easy way to copy fields?
I have made a lot of customizations to the Leads form by adding a lot of fields. Now I want to add most of those fields to the Contacts form so that when I promote a Lead the info carries forward. Is there an easy way to copy and then link these fields or do I have to manually create them all all over again as Contact fields and then link them? You need to create the exact same fields in contacts then create mappings betweek leads and contacts in the deployment manager-schema manager. Have a look at the tool and see if it makes sense. As always I recommend you test this out on your tes...

Closing Excel #2
I have inherited an App desigend by an ex employee Sometimes the program leaves Excel in the task manager The programe uses various routines and calling various functions that define Excel sheets etc (badly named) I'm finding it hard to follow (my 1st experince of .NET) is there a way to KILL any Excel instence when exiting the program. I have come across some posts about GC (garbage collection) like this System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(oXLWsheet) oXLWsheet = Nothing 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(oXLWs) oXLWs = Nothing oBook.Clos...

hidden transactions #2
I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I tried to find out why, I got some greyed out transaction when I went from bill schedule through right click to payee. This transaction cannot be changed or deleted, but in total all such transactions made up the difference in balance. Any suggestions? Oscar -- Elvart In microsoft.public.money, elvigor wrote: >I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off >on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I ...