Applying Master Page in Publisher

I've created a master page (for a web page design) as instructed. When I add
a new page and do "apply master", it doesn't work. Argh, can anyone help?
0
Susan (148)

Do not use the Master Page feature in a web publication. It does not work
consistently and should be reserved for print publications. If you have
design elements that will be common to each page, then when you add a page
choose to duplicate a page, and then edit the parts that differ.

If you have more questions about Publisher webs, then post in the web group
and we will try to help you there:
or
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US

Please include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site
and as much detail as possible.

DavidF

"Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've created a master page (for a web page design) as instructed. When I
> add
> a new page and do "apply master", it doesn't work. Argh, can anyone help?

0
Nope8657 (939)

How do I stop publisher from opening PDF's?
Microsoft Publisher keeps trying to open Adobe Acrobat files when it's not supposed to. I have made sure that adobe opens the pdf file extension but it still happens. Any suggestions? You mentioned you changed the association of Adobe Acrobat to open PDF files, but have you changed Publisher and associated them with Publisher files? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Help Needs Help" <Help Needs Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

child's credit memo, and payments and returns, can be applied onl. #2
It is standard functionality that a parent's credit memo, as well as payments and returns, can be applied to any invoice belonging to the parent or its child accounts; however, a child's credit memo, and payments and returns, can be applied only to its own invoices - not its parent or other child accounts of the parent. Can this functionality change so that children credit memos can be applied to the parent.. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Ag...

page numbering in 2003
i've done everything you all have suggested: i have 2 pages, one for cover and one for TOC, then 3 for content that need to be numbered. (only these 3) if i go to "insert/page number" from any page, then all 5 pages will be numbered; if i go to "insert/section/begin section from this page/start with #1". nothing happens to any of the pages. what am i missing? thx in advance. After you insert the section and designate begin with page #1, okay out, go back to insert, page numbers. You will have to insert page number on both odd and even. -- Mary Sauer http://ms...

Varying page Excel report
I have an Excel template in which I import data that is of varying records. Sometimes there are 3 records, sometimes there are 50 or 200 records. I do not know how to make a varying page Excel report. (For example, my clients sometimes want to see data on top 3 occupations, sometimes on top 50 occupations.) (The template is formatted, has headers, footers, a few links, works fine.) Using Excel 2002. Hi Judy- Perhaps I'm missing something, but there should not be any need for adjustment. The number of pages will be based on the number of records being printed as long as you have ...

How do I print a one page spreadsheet multiple time, each with its own page number?
Hello: I have a one page spreadsheet, essentially a template. I would like t be able to print as many copies as needed, but each copy has to print unique sequence value, which increments by one every time it i printed. This variable may require some formatting, but it's somewhat like page number. Printing multiple copies is just reprinting page one t Excel; each page is labeled 1. I'd rather not copy my print range number of times into the workbook, but that's what I did, just to ge started. I don't have any VB experience; I was just trying to us Excel's existing ...

how do I view all page numbersat once in Publisher
I have created a bulletin that has 12 pages. There was a space at the bottom left of the document that showed all the pages as a page icon with page numbers in it. I could select whatever page I wanted to go to to edit the publication. Somehow those page icons are no longer visable. How can I get them back? View - Status Bar -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kershca" <kershca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4360102-2888-43F5-AC26-5561774969C8@microsoft.com... >I ha...

PROBLEM:How to squeeze 2 Page sized Chart in Excel 2000 & embed in Word 2000 and print from Word to fit one page ???
Hello , I am a university student and I have drawn a graph of some curves and it is about 2 pages wide . The university wants me to embed it in Word and send the Word document to them electronically . My problem is how can I embed it so that when the university prints out my project it fits to one page only so that it can be read easily? Can anyone help ? Thanks . Peter On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:13:50 +1000, someone@somewhere.com wrote: >Hello , > >I am a university student and I have drawn a graph of some curves and >it is about 2 pages wide . The university wants me to e...

Partner source KB article FAQ about Home Page in Dynamics GP9
I need an issue resolved with this article as soon as possible. I don't want to enter a support incident for this and I already entered in the comment field for this window. Does anyone know the best way about going about this. The SQL Script in the article below is not complete, and I need this script to finish an install for a customer. (The one regarding disabling Outlook in the new role pages). https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYYUSKWOTVUNVLMRYSLRURPSLORSQNXSXKWVXLROPUMZZOQNYWRTUNRLVWPMLNRNMTVZZWXOXRZXKUPQTR Thanks, Dennis. Dennis, I ...

How to un-apply a customer payment
Is it possible for a given customer to un-apply a payment on one invoice so that I can then apply to a different invoice? My situation is that a customer has 2 projects in GP, on project #1 a prepayment fee was entered, the prepayment fee billed and paid. Now the customer is requesting that instead the payment be applied to the bill for project #2 (it would not be a prepayment in this case). Upon applying the payments to invoices, GP moves the transactions from the OPEN tables to the HISTORY, therefore there is nothing in GP allows to un-apply transactions, you will need to...

Moving Pages from one Publication to another
How can I move several pages from one publication to another? Not only the content of the page, but the entire page to include formatting and positioning? A simple copy of the content of the page only allows for the transfer of the content and hence, all of the formatting has to be redone. ...

I cannot view a Publisher 2007 beta2 website in IE 7 beta2, but I.
I just built a website in Publisher 2007 beta2, however, I cannot view the whole website in IE 7 beta2. (I can view the first page, but can't get into any other pages.) However, I am able to view the entire website from Mozilla Firefox. Any suggestions? It this a Beta version issue? And if so, is it an issue with Publisher, or with IE? Thanks for your input... Pub 2007 websites view ok in IE 6, so that would imply that it is associated with IE 7. Also as the navbar wizard writes relative links, I would suggest that you go to Web Options and untick "Organize supporting fil...

In publisher, how do I import a logo from a cd?
I'm trying to make a business form in Microsoft Publisher. I'm having difficulty importing the business logo from a cd. Can anyone advise? What kind of difficultly? Copy file from CD to your HD, right click on it and check Properties to make sure it NOT read only. Then use the file in Pub. "blankshain" <blankshain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9290E0FB-70BE-4A69-8FF3-7DCA3261B9DB@microsoft.com... | I'm trying to make a business form in Microsoft Publisher. I'm having | difficulty importing the business logo from a cd. Can anyone advise? ...

Adding a coupon to publisher
What steps do I need to take to add a coupon to a flyer? I would like to create a flyer with a coupon at the bottom. Look at the Insert, Design Gallery Object, there are coupons there. You can modify them however you like and add it to your flyer. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5B183FE-9352-4479-B8F1-DFADA5E7DAAE@microsoft.com... > What steps do I need to take to add a coupon to a flyer? I would like to > create a flyer with a coup...

Page Setup problem #3
Gord, you are on the money. I was trying to set the �Rows to repeat at top� from "Print Preview". Also thank you so much timely response -- GC ----------------------------------------------------------------------- GCF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=412 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27589 ...

Landscape pages, Page Numbers, and running headers
In order to display page numbers for landscape pages, I use a frame in the header, stretching down the side (which will be the top) of the page. This works fine except sometimes--it removes the header from the next section. That is, I have portrait pages with their odd/even headers--Section Break--landscape page with odd/even frame headers--Section Break--no header on portrait page! The footer is there, but I simply cannot access the header. WHY, WHY? And when I kludge the page numbers into the portrait page header area, with yet another frame, it shows up on the landscape pages...

Opener Problem in ISV Page
Hi all, actually I try to create a ISV Page. Normally this is a very easy way, when I use this ISV pgae with the laptop client I've a little problem. The ISV Page is integrated with a Navbar button. So after I use the NavBar button, a new windows will be open. On this Page I fill some Text in a Textbox and Push a Button to Save. 'Saving' will do following: Update the Objekt und Refresh the Opener with: opener.navigate(opener.location); On Web Client and Desktop Client this works fine, but on Laptop client I getting the error: Access denied. So is there any way, givven the use...

Photo slideshows inside Publisher for direct emails
I frequently use Publisher to create marketing pieces to email to my clients. Instead 1 or 2 photos on a page, I would like to create a photo slideshow. Definately, do not want to create an attachment that requires an additional click. Do I need to somehow create a movie clip inside my document? If so, how? Any other easier suggestions? Thanks. I'd suggest PowerPoint for that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "nrg1966" <nrg1966@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4207147A-F...

Applying a formula to a cell
I would like to set up a button in a spreadsheet that adds 2 years to the value of of the currently selected cell containing a date. the forumla would look something like this: =DATE(YEAR(A1)+2,MONTH(A2),DAY(A3)) but is there a way I can have this formula applied to a cell when I press a button? I would like the cell to contain the result, rather than the formula. Thanks guys. On Aug 14, 12:02 pm, Tom Roberts <TomRobe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to set up a button in a spreadsheet that adds 2 years to the > value of of the currently selected cell contai...

publisher 2007 #5
Hi, I am looking for a good book on Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 which explains everything about the program and what it does. Can anybody help -- scary says thanks you very much Nothing out yet because it hasn't been released to the general public yet. Start with the Help file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "scary" <scary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB25A775-FD91-4C51-BF6F-17591D605388@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am looking for a good book on Micr...

In loading new edition of Publisher we lost clipart from before?
In loading new edition of Publisher 2007 we lost clipart from earlier Publisher version? How do we retrive old clipart collection? Do you still have the disks from the older version? You can install the Clip Gallery as a standalone application. Is the Gallery still on your computer? Drag the CAG icon to the desktop. You cannot insert from it, but you can drag and drop. It is in a folder similar to this: C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ARTGALRY There is an add-in here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/add-ins Office 2007 broke my Gallery, hopefully you have bett...

Vertical page breaks
I have a spreadsheet that is 40 columns wide, and except for the 1st column (which will be repeated at the left), I want a page break after each column. Is there a quick way to do this (as opposed to going into Page Break Preview and pulling over the right page break 40 times)? Try going into Print Preview and increasing the left and right margins by dragging inwards. You should be able to narrow it down to one column per page. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 14:29:01 -0800, Staceyglow <Staceyglow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a spread...

Arrays of property pages
I have a property sheet with 10 property pages. All 10 property pages are the same class, they derive from the same dialog ID and they are held in an array. The dialog has just one list control in it. The problem is when I try to write to more than one of the list controls then all of them are empty. If I write to just one its okay. Does anybody know the problem? Chris Baker wrote: > I have a property sheet with 10 property pages. All 10 property pages > are the same class, they derive from the same dialog ID and they are > held in an array. The dialog has just one list control ...

Publishing FRx reports to Business Portal
Thi comment is in regards to this workaround: Displaying consolidated FRx reports To work around this issue, you must share the directory the report viewer runs from (Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\Business Portal\Executable), and publish the consolidated reports there. To do this you will need to do the following: 1. Copy the physical file and the folder for the Microsoft FRx report to the Executable folder. 2. Share the Executable folder and then Reset the Frx Integration tool to point to this Executable folder instead. The client does not wish to publish reports to an executable fo...

Page Setup Not Working
I have a report that is a legal size document and everytime go to page set up and set it to "Legal" - the print preview is always letter. When i got back to page set up it reverts back to letter (even when i save after the change). Any suggestion or thoughs on why this is happening??? "Adam" wrote: > I have a report that is a legal size document and everytime go to page set up > and set it to "Legal" - the print preview is always letter. When i got back > to page set up it reverts back to letter (even when i save after the change). > Any sugg...

Autofit picture to frame Publisher 2007.
In Office 2003, when you inserted a picture into an empty frame it automatically resized to fit the frame. This does not happen in Publisher 2007. How do I get a picture to automatically fit in to an empty picture frame? I can use a shape object eg rectangle to autofit but not an empty picture frame. Try drag and drop. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com <rachel.moore4405@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1194409441.349415.219320@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > In Office 2003, when you inserted a picture into an...