Any Way to change the Blue Color Scheme in Publisher 2007

The other Office programs have a way to change the color scheme, however,
Publisher does not seem to have any color option but blue. Any way to change
the color scheme in Publisher 2007.
Thanks...!!!

0
glamartNS (31)

I wish I could tell you yes but I can't.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"news.microsoft.com" <glamartNS@NSComcast.net> wrote in message
> The other Office programs have a way to change the color scheme, however,
> Publisher does not seem to have any color option but blue. Any way to
> change the color scheme in Publisher 2007.
> Thanks...!!!

0
jl_paules (2768)
9/1/2008 1:31:14 AM
In Publisher 2000 it's, Format, Color scheme.

--
Don - Publisher 2000
Vancouver, USA

"news.microsoft.com" <glamartNS@NSComcast.net> wrote in message
> The other Office programs have a way to change the color scheme, however,
> Publisher does not seem to have any color option but blue. Any way to
> change the color scheme in Publisher 2007.
> Thanks...!!!

0
Engineer5094 (821)
9/1/2008 2:16:38 AM
Thanks JoAnn, I have been told that there is a command line option to change
it from blue to gray or black but I haven't found the trick yet.
--

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
>I wish I could tell you yes but I can't.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "news.microsoft.com" <glamartNS@NSComcast.net> wrote in message
>> The other Office programs have a way to change the color scheme, however,
>> Publisher does not seem to have any color option but blue. Any way to
>> change the color scheme in Publisher 2007.
>> Thanks...!!!

0
glamartNS (31)
9/1/2008 2:33:19 AM
Thanks for the reply Don. Actually I am referring to the blue tool bar,
menus, etc. The project color scheme can be changed as you suggest. There
seems to be no option to change the window color scheme.
--

"Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
> In Publisher 2000 it's, Format, Color scheme.
>

> --
> Don - Publisher 2000
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "news.microsoft.com" <glamartNS@NSComcast.net> wrote in message
>> The other Office programs have a way to change the color scheme, however,
>> Publisher does not seem to have any color option but blue. Any way to
>> change the color scheme in Publisher 2007.
>> Thanks...!!!

0
glamartNS (31)
9/1/2008 2:37:53 AM
news.microsoft.com wrote:
> The other Office programs have a way to change the color scheme,
> however, Publisher does not seem to have any color option but blue. Any
> way to change the color scheme in Publisher 2007.

For some reason, the Office team decided that Windows Vista users should
have the non-Ribbon Office programs locked down to the blue colour
scheme. Windows XP users have an adaptive scheme like Office 2003 did.

If you start Publisher in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2, then it
  will no longer be blue. (It will, OTOH, be quite ugly.)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

> news.microsoft.com wrote:
>> The other Office programs have a way to change the color scheme, however,
>> Publisher does not seem to have any color option but blue. Any way to
>> change the color scheme in Publisher 2007.
>
> For some reason, the Office team decided that Windows Vista users should
> have the non-Ribbon Office programs locked down to the blue colour scheme.
> Windows XP users have an adaptive scheme like Office 2003 did.
>
> If you start Publisher in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2, then it
> will no longer be blue. (It will, OTOH, be quite ugly.)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
glamartNS (31)
9/1/2008 12:32:10 PM
I haven't heard that but then again the blue scheme is fine with me. As long
as it's not fluorescent orange or neon green, I'm not going to squawk about
that.

--

> Thanks JoAnn, I have been told that there is a command line option to
> change it from blue to gray or black but I haven't found the trick yet.
> --
>
> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
>>I wish I could tell you yes but I can't.
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "news.microsoft.com" <glamartNS@NSComcast.net> wrote in message
>>> The other Office programs have a way to change the color scheme,
>>> however, Publisher does not seem to have any color option but blue. Any
>>> way to change the color scheme in Publisher 2007.
>>> Thanks...!!!

0
jl_paules (2768)
9/1/2008 1:39:53 PM
"news.microsoft.com" <glamartNS@NSComcast.net> wrote in message
> The other Office programs have a way to change the color scheme, however,
> Publisher does not seem to have any color option but blue. Any way to
> change the color scheme in Publisher 2007.
> Thanks...!!!

 Publisher didn't seem to be changed as much as the other Office programs
(in 07)
 I put it in google and found this (haven't tried it)

"When you change the color scheme in one of these 2007 Office release
programs, it changes for all of these programs".

0
starchild (273)
> news.microsoft.com wrote:
>> The other Office programs have a way to change the color scheme, however,
>> Publisher does not seem to have any color option but blue. Any way to
>> change the color scheme in Publisher 2007.
>
> For some reason, the Office team decided that Windows Vista users should
> have the non-Ribbon Office programs locked down to the blue colour scheme.
> Windows XP users have an adaptive scheme like Office 2003 did.
>
> If you start Publisher in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2, then it
> will no longer be blue. (It will, OTOH, be quite ugly.)

           Some choice (LOL)

> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
starchild (273)
9/1/2008 4:12:13 PM
Carrie wrote:
>> If you start Publisher in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2, then it
>> will no longer be blue. (It will, OTOH, be quite ugly.)
>
>            Some choice (LOL)

Heh. Once you've done that, you may be able to alter your Windows
colours in order to alter Publisher's appearance. *shrugs*

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6342)
9/1/2008 4:35:02 PM
"Carrie" <starchild@kingcon.com> wrote in message

> "news.microsoft.com" <glamartNS@NSComcast.net> wrote in message
>> The other Office programs have a way to change the color scheme, however,
>> Publisher does not seem to have any color option but blue. Any way to
>> change the color scheme in Publisher 2007.
>> Thanks...!!!
>
> Publisher didn't seem to be changed as much as the other Office programs
> (in 07)
> I put it in google and found this (haven't tried it)
>
> "When you change the color scheme in one of these 2007 Office release
> programs, it changes for all of these programs".

It does change most of the others but not Publisher...Publisher is just
thrown in but not integrated.

glamartNS (31)
> Carrie wrote:
>>> If you start Publisher in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2, then it
>>> will no longer be blue. (It will, OTOH, be quite ugly.)
>>
>>            Some choice (LOL)
>
> Heh. Once you've done that, you may be able to alter your Windows colours
> in order to alter Publisher's appearance. *shrugs*
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

The black is fine Ed. That blue was burning my eyeballs!

glamartNS (31)
9/1/2008 8:54:09 PM
news.microsoft.com wrote:
> It does change most of the others but not Publisher...Publisher is just
> thrown in but not integrated.

AFAIK it only changes the Ribbon applications, not those with the older
UI. Publisher isn't alone there.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6342)
9/1/2008 9:05:21 PM

> "Carrie" <starchild@kingcon.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "news.microsoft.com" <glamartNS@NSComcast.net> wrote in message
>>> The other Office programs have a way to change the color scheme,
>>> however, Publisher does not seem to have any color option but blue. Any
>>> way to change the color scheme in Publisher 2007.
>>> Thanks...!!!
>>
>> Publisher didn't seem to be changed as much as the other Office programs
>> (in 07)
>> I put it in google and found this (haven't tried it)
>>
>> "When you change the color scheme in one of these 2007 Office release
>> programs, it changes for all of these programs".
>
> It does change most of the others but not Publisher...Publisher is just
> thrown in but not integrated.

        Okay, now we  know.
        The color can also be changed a little by adjusting the monitor-
right?
        Don't most of them have brightness and even tint (to a certain
degree)?

starchild (273)

Outlook 2000 change in behavior
I don't know if anyone else has experience this but since installing critical updates I have noticed that when I double click to open email messages in my inbox the messages do not immediately open. The hour glass appears and it takes longer than before installing the critical updates for the email messages to open. I have run the detect/repair tool, and disk defrag. My operating system is windows 2000. Any advice is appreciated. Jackie Darden ...

Max clinet change to Cache mode per server
Hi, we have 2 Exchange 2003 a-p Cluster on Unisys ES7000 with 9000 mailboxes on each cluster. The Clients work with Outlook XP. We plan a Rollout of Outlook 2003 SP2 with activated Cache Mode. Our Offline Adressbook has abaout 10 MB and one Mailbox a average space of 35 MB. Now my question, how much client can rolled out parallel that the download of the mailbox content has only small impact to the Exchange Server performance ? Has anybody some experiences in this case Thank you Ingo ...

Easy / Quick way to select 2 columns, 100's of rows?
What's the easist way to select all the data in two columns, with up to 1500 rows, without having to click, hold & drag? I guess I could record the action as a macro that would cover the extreme range, but I'm looking for something a little more defined. Thanks, David Try this: Select any cell in the range [Ctrl]* ......That's Control + the asterisk over the 9 on the numeric keypad That will select the range the includes the selected cell. To fine tune that range.... [Ctrl]. .....That's Control + Period Each time you use that, the active cell moves to ...

Publisher 2007 -how to view all pages in bottom row of taskbar
I've upgraded from 2003, and now the pages of my webpage listed on the bottom of the Publisher window are all missing (my website pub. document contains 10 pages, which were visible as number rows at the bottom underneath the document within the publisher taskbar frame). I cannot select a page any more. How can I get this page row back? Thank you in advance for your replies. CosmicFaery wrote: > I've upgraded from 2003, and now the pages of my webpage listed on > the bottom of the Publisher window are all missing (my website pub. > document contains 10 pages, which were ...

Publisher
Have set up a small report 10 pages in total but when printing page 9 I get additional blank pages printing and then my page 10 how do I stop this from happening? Open the Design Checker, see if it tells you anything. Is the page visible in print preview? What version Publisher? Is the publication setup as a booklet? Publisher works in groups of 4 when printing a booklet. With a ten page booklet setup, Publisher will print a blank page. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "charliegirl" <charliegirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F995943A-B6A5-4B6B-...

how to change the icon text
To all, What event to I do to handle when my app get iconified? I Need to set the window text for my icon differently than my app title bar text. When I run my app, the window text for the app title bar is "foo", when the user iconifies the app, I want the icon text to be "bar". How do I do that? Thanks for the help, Reza Take a look at CWnd::OnSysCommand. SC_RESTORE and SC_MINIMIZE is what you want to look for in this method. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "reza razavipour" <rrazavipour@stbernard.com> wrote in message news:uK18XkXH...

Excel 2007 dates and conditional formats
Can anyone please tell me why I can not use a conditional format (<>=) to identify if a date is greater or smaller then another. Everytime I try it, Excel does it right in the first column but misses by 2 days in all following. It also appears to have problems with the years. Example: Date of propposed compleation of a task is 10/10/07; if the date of actual completion is 10/10/07 or sooner, turn GREEN. If the date of completion is 10/11/07 or older, turn RED. Can anyone help?? Regards Mary Hi Mary, First thing to check: What does 10/11/07 mean? November 10 1907? November 10 2007? O...

Excel 2007 exits without asking if I want to save
Hi All, I just started using Excel 2007 recently. I notice it exits when I keys in Alt-F4, without confirming if I want to save, even if I had made changes to the workbook. Is there an option which I can set and make Excel 2007 verify if the user, wants to save before exiting? This is the default in earlier Excel versions. Thanks for help. have you recently run a macro in which you forgot to turn on Application.DisplayAlerts =3D True? susan On Nov 24, 5:25=A0am, ch <c...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I just started using Excel 200...

Cashiers changing prices: "access pricing" and discounts
Hi: We are a wine shop and give 10% discounts when customers purchase six bottles of wine, and 20% when they purchase 12 bottles. I've got the discounts to automatically kick in when 6 or 12 bottles are scanned into the system using mix and match. However, I've noticed we get an error about "cashier cannot change prices" when the minimum quantity for discount is entered into the system. The reason is b/c the cashier does not have the "access pricing" check box turned on in their detail setup. The problem is we don't want the cashier to have the &quo...

Change Default When Selecting New Message From Form
Whenever I select New -> Choose Form, it defaults to "Organizational Forms Library" (which is empty). How can I make it default to "User Templates in File System"? Thanks. I've been looking for a way to do that for years, but have never found = one. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues = "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web = interface, at = http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicroso= ft.public.outlook.program_forms --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Con...

TEXT TO SPEECH CHANGES
Currently my text to speech config reads ONLY LETTERS if the letters are CAPITALs(IE when it come to the word ABLE, it speaks A B L E how can I change the setting to make the system say "able" Thanks Enter this small macro: Sub Macro1() For n = 1 To 100 Cells(n, 1).Speak Next n End Sub And it should "say" whatever text you enter in A1 thru A100 -- Gary's Student "pcor" wrote: > Currently my text to speech config reads ONLY LETTERS if the letters are > CAPITALs(IE when it come to the word ABLE, it speaks A B L E > how can I change...

No way to have "event" action for query... right?
Often I create a query and corrosponding Form (in data sheet view) I then create a Double Click Event for one of the fields That opens a traditional form showing all the records fields. For instance a list of Accounts and Names. Double click the Account to open a form to see the entire Account record... or whatever. Is there any way to do this without creating the form? We need the query as we use it to select appropriate data. thanks for any help. Mel You can actually base the form off of an SQL statement, and not need to have a saved query. In the form's data tab, just paste ...

business contact manager will not import ACT! 2007
Just upgraded, but my new version of ACT! 2007 will not work. I tried exporting to CSV but mapping was off. ...

Able to change the fonts and Header in POS
It would nice to configure the font in Point of sale so it would fit into the size quickpad you use. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e86e0f80-4b12-4bef-9222...

Change color on date field in form for re-certification
My main form has two different date fields on it. One date field needs to be re-certified every 6 months, and the other field needs to be re-certified every 12 months. I would like each of those fields to automatically change color depending on how much time as elapsed since that training. For the 6 month field, months 1-5 should be green, 1 month left should be yellow and anything expired should be red. For the 12 month field, months 1-11 should be green, 1 month left should be yellow, and anything expired should be red. Thank you in advance for your help! messingerjc wrote...

print multiple attachments outlook 2007
How do I print multiple attachments to an email in outlook 2007 without selecting each one individually? File-> Print...-> select option: Print attached files This will of course print the message itself as well. In order to print only the attachments or a selection of your attachments in one go, you'll need a printing add-in. Some are listed here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/printing -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlo...

Macro to update information if date changes
using Exel 2000.. I want excel to compare dates on two seperate worksheets and if the date on the first is greater than the second to insert rows and than copy cells on the second to different cells also on the second page. ie..main sheet date is 11-05-08 compared to sheet2 date is 11-04-08...insert cells at a21:d21 and shift cells down (on sheet2) then copy cells b13:h13 to a21:b21 The description seems a bit inconsistent, but here is a shot With Worksheets("Main Sheet") If .Range("A1").Value > Worksheets("Second Sheet").Range("A1&q...

How do you change to currency in a table and add columns?
I'm trying to learn to use the new Word and can't figure out in my ribbons how to change numbers to a currency format, as well as viewing the table content to be able to quick sum columns. Help?! Use Excel which is designed for that work. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Duprey72" <Duprey72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADB852A4-D4AF-44FF-8F89-AC4B110D080C@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to learn to use the new Word and can't figure out in my ribbons > how to change numbers to a currency format, as well as viewing the tabl...

How do I extract text from a consecutive run of 15 pgs in Publishe
The original text was pasted in from a document. Now I want to extract the text to a Word document again so that I can get someone else to update it. 2007 If the text boxes are connected, you could try Edit | Edit Story in Word -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Suebriquet" <Suebriquet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31CB7416-D6DB-4047-B8A6-AB811624E37C@microsoft.com... > The original text was pasted in from a document. Now I want to extract the > text to a Word document again so that I can get someone else to update...

Change print driver from PS level 1 to level 2
When printing in Publisher 2003 only, on and HP business inkjet 1100 I'm told that I need to set the PostScript language level to level 2 or higher. Following the instructions, I can't make the changes as directed in corrections from the error message, nor can I find any other way to change it.. You receive a Publisher cannot print this publication error message when you print as CMYK composite in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819594 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.co...

Looking for DPM 2010 RC SCOM 2007 Management Pack
Is there a download for this? If not, when will a Management Pack become available? Can you please mail me at praveend[at]microsoft[dot]com, we can help you on getting the MOM pack. Thanks. Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John H" <JohnH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3A395C3-6108-4B78-B3DC-0EDBA6EF773F@microsoft.com... > Is there a download for this? If not, when will a Management Pack become > available? We use SCOM 2007 R2, can I get access to the MP...

Money 2007 delete previous versions?
I'd like to try Money 2007 trial before committing. I'm using Money 2004 SB. Does the upgrade wipe out any previous version so that I can't go back if I don't want to commit to the upgrade? I'm running XP SP2. Thanks, Brett It will give you the chance to select yes or no to remove it Steve -- Steve steven_morrison69@hotmail.com "brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message news:1163964503.767879.204210@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > I'd like to try Money 2007 trial before committing. I'm using Money > 2004 SB. Does the upgrade w...

access 2007 11-25-07
Do u see Northwind 2007?Can you pls teach me how to make a form automatically appear when open the database like the login dialog in Northwind 2007.Tq. Just do this: 1. With the database open, click on the Office Button (MS Logo) 2. Then click on Access Options 3. Then click on the Current Database category 4. Next, under APPLICATION OPTIONS select the DISPLAY FORM. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com __________________________________ If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. "warba60@gmail.com&quo...

Is there any way to do partial text indexing with Exchange 2003?
Is there any way to do partial text indexing with Exchange 2003? ...

Excel 2007 question
I am trying to change the headers on my worksheets. When Excel is open it shows many sheets to work on. The problem I am having is when click on another sheet the heder from the previous sheet moves to it and when I try to change the header on this sheet it shows up on the previous sheet...... I have several headers that I need to keep sperate from on another can anyone help?\ Thanks Please clarify: "When Excel is open it shows many sheets to work on" You see one sheet and many tabs? OR you see many sheets? Any chance you could use PrtScr to make a screen capture and email gr...