All of the sudden my file wont open cause the font is missing!

Ok, so this moring i got into my office and tryed to open my 71 page
publisher document. When i left yesterday everything was perfect. Now today
it says my font i was using Helvetica is no longer available and it asks if
i'd like to change the font. I can to another font, but this is a
communication going out to stores for the retail compnay i'm with and i'd
like to use helvetica. Now when i open a new publisher document or word file,
helvetica is indeed there. Why is it missing from this one file? I've NEVER
seen this error.
0
Phil00 (1)

Helvetica was never installed with a Microsoft product. (MS does Arial
instead.) You'll have to find out which software product came with Helvetica
and reinstall it. As for *why* it happened, I honestly have no clue.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Phil00" <Phil00@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, so this moring i got into my office and tryed to open my 71 page
> publisher document. When i left yesterday everything was perfect. Now
> today
> it says my font i was using Helvetica is no longer available and it asks
> if
> i'd like to change the font. I can to another font, but this is a
> communication going out to stores for the retail compnay i'm with and i'd
> like to use helvetica. Now when i open a new publisher document or word
> file,
> helvetica is indeed there. Why is it missing from this one file? I've
> NEVER
> seen this error.

0
jl_paules (2768)
12/13/2007 3:27:29 PM
Look in the font folder in the control panel, is Helvetica there? Are you using
a font manager program? If you are, is the association still there? What happens
if you select all and select Helvetica? Does the font change then?

Helvetica is not an Office font. Maybe uninstalling the font and reinstalling
will help. My version of Helvetica is by HP. It is the default font for Apple.
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx

Arial is just about the same font. The G and R and small a and r are a little
different.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helvetica#Other_similar_typefaces

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Phil00" <Phil00@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, so this moring i got into my office and tryed to open my 71 page
> publisher document. When i left yesterday everything was perfect. Now today
> it says my font i was using Helvetica is no longer available and it asks if
> i'd like to change the font. I can to another font, but this is a
> communication going out to stores for the retail compnay i'm with and i'd
> like to use helvetica. Now when i open a new publisher document or word file,
> helvetica is indeed there. Why is it missing from this one file? I've NEVER
> seen this error.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Missing options in OneNote 2003
Had to reinstall all programs including OneNote last week. Now OneNote has missing options. There is no "Send To" option. Also, in "Save As" there is no option to save as Work. Only Save As are for New Section and for Single Web page. All menu options are expanded. Complete Office suite is installed. Tried to reinstall twice. No better result. Any suggestions? susan rose wrote: > Had to reinstall all programs including OneNote last week. > Now OneNote has missing options. There is no "Send To" option. Also, > in "Save As"...

Viewing a file before it is open
There is an option under File, Open called preview. Yet I can not view any excel files. It always shows "Preview not available" Is there a setting that I need to change to be able to do this? You must save the file with the "Save preview picture" enabled for that file. There is no global save function that I know of. With the file open go to File>Properties>Summary. Checkmark option at lower left. Save the file. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 17:41:02 -0700, William <William@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >There is an option und...

Publisher catelog merge- cannot open data source file
whether I try to open the source file or open a new one, I get the message: operation cannot be completed becasue of dialog or database engine failures. Please try again later. Troubleshooting advice suggestd to undate the engine from Windows update - can't find it. Does anyone have more specific troubleshooting advice? This article has a solution: You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publisher 2003 http://support.mic...

Can't add files to Media Player!
I'm getting REALLY frustrated with MP11! It's easy to go online and find audio files but I can't figure out how to add a bunch of mp3 files I've created on my computer! Where's HELP in the program? I told it to check the directory where I have these files, but that's not working! There's no menu option to "add files??" Arrgh! On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:41:01 -0800, Bob Munk <Bob Munk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm getting REALLY frustrated with MP11! It's easy to go online and find >audio files but I can...

cannot open web links
When I get e-mails with web links in them I cannot click on them and open them from outlook express anymore. Can anyone help? frustrated <mayfairyouth@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > When I get e-mails with web links in them I cannot click > on them and open them from outlook express anymore. Can > anyone help? 1) Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. 2) In IE, click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman ...

Strange Excel problem when opening an Excelbook
When I open an Excelworkbook I get the following message from Excel (see attached picture) First I get a security warning that the Excelbook contains macros which is OK. I press Enable macros (totaly normal) Then the strange message appears when excel looks for MIM.EXE???. If I press OK I get following message from Excel: "Cannot run MIM.EXE. The program or one of its components is damaged or missing" I press OK and I get back to the strange message. But if I press Ok again I get the Cannot MIM.EXE message, but then after pressing OK I can can continue work with the Excelwo...

OL2007 CURSOR LOCATION: Replies to Emails or Opening New Emails
Whenever I hit "Reply", "Forward" or "New" emails, I cannot determine where my cursor location defaults to. It used to be on "Reply", it would land in the text entry area. Now there is no blinking cursor, and I need to manually click in an area to either add a name, or to start typing text. Is there any setting that I can use to "reset" the cursor location? I've discovered that on the Reply emails, the "cursor" will land on the Send Button...but not consistently "BirdMan" wrote: > Whenever I hit...

Font Colors
is there any way to add additional color options for the Fonts in Outlook 2003? Windows XP Are you using word or the outlook editor? Choose Font Color, More Colors to open the color picker - you can make any color supported by your version of windows. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM...

missing excel VBA help file
I'm missing the excel 97 VBA help file "VEenUl3.hlp". I assume this file is on the software distribution pack that came with my computer. If it is do I reinstall excel or can I just copy the help file from the distribution pack? Finally I may not have the distribution pack since I've moved three times in the five years since the computer was purchased. How would I get a copy if I need it? I'm using windows 98. Thanks for your help John VBA and help files are not part of normal Office install. ie. Office 9 or Excel 97 *not* Windows disk required. Perhaps you ...

How do I read Pocket Excel files from Excel
Just got an Ipaq and trying to use ActiveSync to synchronise speadsheet files between that and my desktop. Unfortunately, when I update the file using Pocket Excel on the Ipaq, it is converted to .pxl format, which the desktop version of Excel (2000) won't read! How do I get round this one? ...

Can't open workbook by clicking on file
Why won't double-clicking open the workbook? When I am in Windows Explorer (or other folder) with excel file in it I double-click on the file and xcel opens WITHOUT a workbook! If I have one or two workbooks open and double click on the nex workbook I want to open, it still opens a blank xcell window, not blank workbook, a blank xcell window. I am runningwindows XP. It did this with office 2000, and now afte installing Office XP 2004 it STILL does it. The only way to open a workbook is to open excel first and then us open command and navigate. Sounds minor, but can't do merge i...

Chaging the display font size
Hello, How can I change, within my code, the display font size from 96 DPI to 120 DPI? I would like to do it using either MFC or the Win32 SDK. Thanks, Eitan ...

Converting Publisher Files to Acrobat
Is it possible to convert a Publisher file (2-page newsletter -- mostly text) to Acrobat? How do I do this? THANKS. Please respond directly to my email -- LSPosey@pdq.net You will need a third party program to do it. Here's my canned response. You will need a program to convert the file to a pdf format. There is of course Adobe Acrobat but its a bit on the spendy side for most folks at $250 or higher. I had the need to create pdf files some 5 years ago and did some trials on freeware, shareware and commercial programs (excluding Adobe Acrobat). The winner for me was/is the commercial ...

Could not convert Quicken file!
I've just installed Money 2004, and tried to convert my Quicken 2003 file to be used in Money. After trying to convert the file I get the message: "Your Quicken file could not be converted." What's going on? How do I convert the file? Don J In microsoft.public.money, Don J wrote: > I've just installed Money 2004, and tried to convert my Quicken 2003 >file to be used in Money. After trying to convert the file I get the >message: > > "Your Quicken file could not be...

GP Security output xml file contents and relations
I've exported the xml file from GP showing all forms, reports etc. that are currently operating within the instance of GP. The xml file contains resource id's, names, series types and other information. I'm trying to create a relation between the exported xml file and the SYO1400 table in GP. I believe, through some sql hoops, I've been able to retrieve all the permissions or 'resource' objects a user DOES HAVE permission to. I would like to know, if anybody does know, how the 'explorer', 'tool' and 'posting' nodes within the xml file r...

Converting Mac -> Windows Files?
How do I convert files created on a Macintosh in MS Office X to files for a Windows XP machine? Does a batch-conversion app. exist? If so, is it reliable and from what site can I find it? Thank you in advance for suggestions and guidance, Mike In article <d51a28d9.0409040651.14e1d9ae@posting.google.com>, mzbpayne@comcast.net wrote: > How do I convert files created on a Macintosh in MS Office X to files > for a Windows XP machine? > > Does a batch-conversion app. exist? If so, is it reliable and from > what site can I find it? Hi Mike! You don't need any special...

Why when i have more than one workbook open and i want to save ch.
When i want to close only one workbook all of them closes and then i have to reopen the ones i want Why? Hi at the top right of the screen do you see two X - the top one should close the application and all workbooks - the bottom one should close only the active workbook does this work for you? if not, does using File / Close from the menu work? Cheers JulieD "Jaykhi" <Jaykhi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6802A15F-D23B-4458-B1DE-8E56E3686B69@microsoft.com... > When i want to close only one workbook all of them closes and then i have > to > ...

Having problems opening pst file
When I try to open a pst file - I get the following message "Properties for this informaton service must be defined prior to use" then I get another pop-up "Errors |\ve been detected in the file C:\WINDOWS\APPLICATION DATA\MICROSOFT\OUTLOOK\outlook.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, then use the Inbox Repair Tool" Please help!!! I have important contact information I can't get to. GHR 770-451-8565 x11 "GHR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012d01c3ddf8$5ef50650$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to open a...

[HELP] Windows Event log File read???
Hello, I am having a bit a problem in getting information out of the windows system event log file. I know how to get information out of the backup file of the event file. //------------------------------------------------------ OpenBackupEventLog Opens a handle to a backup event log. OpenEventLog Opens a handle to an event log. ------------------------------------------------------// But I do not know how to get informaiton out of the original event file. (C:\WINNT\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt C:\WINNT\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt C:\WINNT\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt) I ha...

Need macro to allow me to go out into another excel file and copy and bring data back..
Hi, I'm looking to have a macro that I've started (below) to allow me to go out to a file that is always in the same location with the same name and copy information from it and bring it back into the file I was originally in. The file from which I want to get the information from is updated automatically every 24 hours from data dumped into it from our MRP system. The macro is to be stored in my "personal.xls" file. The problem is that the original file name is always different. So how can I make the macro come back to this file that has a different name each time to pas...

How attach a file in one cell
I'd like to know if it'll be possible attach a file (word, pdf...) in one cell. I'm doing an Excel doc. and I need to put some instructions by doc. attached. in some cells. Thanks! In article <A23394A2-B804-4855-875A-7664B90F4F48@microsoft.com>, How attach a file in the cell <How attach a file in the cell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to know if it'll be possible attach a file (word, pdf...) in one > cell. I'm doing an Excel doc. and I need to put some instructions by doc. > attached. in some cells. Thanks! Cells can contain...

Stop excel icon showing at the bottom when opening spreadsheets
how can i stop the excel icons showing at the bottom when i open multiple spreadsheets. this can be annoying when you have other applications open also. Hi Rajesh, I assume you mean the Excel icons in the Windows taskbar. To prevent these from appearing go to Tools -> Options and on the View tab deselect the Windows in Taskbar checkbox. Michael "Rajesh" wrote: > how can i stop the excel icons showing at the bottom when i open multiple > spreadsheets. this can be annoying when you have other applications open also. > > ...

Open These Additional Mailboxes
If I want to open an additional mailbox in my Outlook 2003 client and I'm a member of the Domain Admins, and Exchange Admins (thus I'm inheriting explicit DENY rights to the additional mailbox) how can I perform this? The DENY right is being inherited from the Default Exchange Store rights, but I do NOT want to modify the default DENY right for the mailbox store. I added my specific account to the Mailbox Rights in ADUC, but I imagine the DENY right is overridding it. Thanks. ...

Help: pivot chart data in secured Access database wont show fields
Hello Is there a way for me to crate a pivot chart in Excel where the data is in a secured access database. By default (ie using system.mdw) the Access security allows a user view permissions on the tables. When connecting to the database the tables are visible, but the next step where the fields get shown doesnt happen, no fields can be selected. Is this a security issue? Is there a way around this? Thanks A ...

Outlook has caused an error in OUTLLIB.DLL
I cannot reply to emails in OutLook 2000 without the following pop up 'Outlook has caused an error in OUTLLIB.DLL' then Outlook 2000 shuts down, I have tried erasing the software then reloading and I have reloaded win ME and still the same problem, I have come across others with same problem and they ended up trashing their PC because their does not seem to be answer for this problem anywhere on the net. I have erased all my contacts Erased all emails and info Reloaded software Reloaded win operating software Contacted techs who have no clue for it Any ideas anyone? Try renam...