Align Text Boxes / Auto Shapes on both sides of page for two-sided duplex printing

I would like to know if there is an easy way to automatically align
text boxes or auto shapes onto a second page so the 1st and 2nd page
will print back to back in the duplex printing mode.  My goal is
similar to that of printing business cards with information on both
sides but Im printing cards that are much larger than business cards.
Only about 4 cards per page.

0
champzone (2)

If you go into Format - text box, you can find the horizontal and vertical
position of it and double check your position.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"big12huskerfan" <champzone@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know if there is an easy way to automatically align
> text boxes or auto shapes onto a second page so the 1st and 2nd page
> will print back to back in the duplex printing mode.  My goal is
> similar to that of printing business cards with information on both
> sides but Im printing cards that are much larger than business cards.
> Only about 4 cards per page.

0
jl_paules (2769)
10/5/2006 3:13:44 AM
I copied a text box onto page 2 then formatted horz and vert position
to the opposite corners.  Instead of upper left I switched locations to
upper right for page 2.  I'm guessing that's the right way to do it.  I
set my printer options for duplex printing, ran a test page and the
text boxes are perfectly aligned.  Thanks.

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
> If you go into Format - text box, you can find the horizontal and vertical
> position of it and double check your position.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "big12huskerfan" <champzone@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >I would like to know if there is an easy way to automatically align
> > text boxes or auto shapes onto a second page so the 1st and 2nd page
> > will print back to back in the duplex printing mode.  My goal is
> > similar to that of printing business cards with information on both
> > sides but Im printing cards that are much larger than business cards.
> > Only about 4 cards per page.

0
champzone (2)

Continuous Pages
I created a simple report that has a Report Header, Detail and Report Footer section. My report should only be 1 page but it goes on continuously to no end. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? The page is formatted on a 8.5 x 11 page landscaped. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. In the report properties change from continuous to page report and set ForceNewPage (right click on the body of the report) to after section. "BBAL20" wrote: > I created a simple report that has a Report Header, Detail and Report Footer > section. My report should o...

Rich Text control formatted as bold??
I have a control field on my form that is setup as textformat = rich text. In the memo field on the form I need specific parts of the text to show up as bold. Upon form load I am populating the field with string data such as: Me.MyTextBox = "This is a test string generation." I need to set bold only one or two words of this string. The way I understood it was that if I was using Rich Text format it would convert the formatting to HTML style. But I don't see and havent found examples HTML formatting like [b] [/b] working in VBA. What is the correct way I can do t...

Writing text to a CMDIFrameWnd
Hi All I'm trying to display some information about my main window in the control bar, specifically the magnification and the x & y coordinates of the mouse. After some work I got the Combo Box that displays the magnification working but I'm stumped on the coordinates. First thing is the VC++ class wizard doesn't seem to generate a DoDataExchange function for CMDIFrameWnds so I had to write it myself, but once I did, the ComboBox was happy. I've defined the mouse coordinates as static text, IDC_XVAL and ICD_YVAL, in the Dialog bar, though they don't show up as the ...

Auto-generate number
Hi, Has anyone tried creating a auto-incrementing number field in Contact? Should this field be stored in a separate database from the CRM database? Is this actually possible? To link a field in Contact to a external database. cheers. CW When would you want it to increment? "CW" <chuanwee72@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1e29201c454ec$52ba90b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Has anyone tried creating a auto-incrementing number > field in Contact? > > Should this field be stored in a separate database from > the CRM database? > Is this actually p...

select case to replace text with different text
I'm trying to use a Select Case in a Private Sub Worksheet_Change event to do the following: if I type w in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with WIDGETS if I type g in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with GIDGETS seems like it should be simple but I can't come up with the code. On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:28:54 -0600, "John" <nodak457@yahoo.com> wrote: >I'm trying to use a Select Case in a Private Sub Worksheet_Change event to >do the following: > >if I type w in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with WIDGETS >if ...

Public Folder Auto-reply #2
Hi Is there any way that I can enable an auto-reply for emails that are going to a Public Folder that is mail enabled. The emails will not only becoming from inside th company but externally as well. Thanx for the help Sulaiman yes, you can...on the Administration tab, click Folder Assistant...but be very cautious with this...it's very easy to get into a "mail loop" condition that could conceivably crash the store... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sulaiman" <Sulaiman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E3D127F-2CBE-40D3-9AC3-333F3D25B465@microsoft....

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

Print or Print Preview not showing text
Print or Print Preview not showing text using PP2007 just released SP2 for office Now when we try to use print or print preview only see some of the text headers. None of the text is showing or the background or images, using built in templates. Worked bofore After testing, I found I have to set the color/greyscale - to colour to actually use the print preview. But it previews in grey scale, can't even see the preview in color. Unless I also go into printer settings and change that to color then get colour in preview. If I set it to grey scale and my printer is a ...

Getting date stored as text into real date?
A database query program outputs everything as a text string. One of the fields is a date, formatted as yyyymmdd. Is there a worksheet function that will change this to an Excel-recognized date? Or a macro? The error checking doesn't flag this. Ed With your text date in A1, try this in B1: =DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),(RIGHT(A1,2)) Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 17, 1:12 pm, Ed from AZ <prof_ofw...@yahoo.com> wrote: > A database query program outputs everything as a text string. One of > the fields is a date, formatted as yyyymmdd. Is there a worksheet > function t...

How to print a multiple page two sided small booklet, 4.5x5.5"
Publisher 03 has a folded card that uses standard 8.5x11" paper and after printing folds to a card size 4.5 x 5.5" What I need is to create a non folded "booklet" version which can have multiple pages (more than 8), printed on front and back. Essentially the same as the 8.5x5" program booklets (found in File/Page Setup/publication type:booklet) which print multiple pages now, but smaller and capable of printing front to back pages to either be folded into a booklet (one fold on center pages) or cut and bound into a booklet. I'm trying to build a small boo...

sum and times within text boxes
I want to multiply text boxs ie 4(1box)x $1.00(2box)=Total $4.00 (3box). I also want sum total (5 text boxes) for grand total. Is this feasible on form?? Thanks On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:58:01 -0800, He cries for help <Hecriesforhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Have you tried an expression like: =[1box] * [2box] (assuming your control names are 1box and 2box. This expression would go in 3box' Control Source property. -Tom. >I want to multiply text boxs ie 4(1box)x $1.00(2box)=Total $4.00 (3box). >I also want sum total (5 text boxes) for grand total. > >Is this ...

Bank Management
Hi, My client uses the Bank Management module, and for some unknown reason they have a problem with one specific user - this user when they go to the Bank Reconcile window do not see any transactions. However as another user, the transactions are clearly visible. Also if the user logs into the problem users machine as themaelves, they too can see the transactions, indicating it is a problem with the user and not machine. Any ideas? Neil Palmer ...

Printing EXCEL items in WORD
Excel seems to work better for tables than WORD's tables; yet when a table created in EXCEL is copied and pasted into a WORD document I caannot get the gridlines to print. Even thouigh in EXCEL the print gridlines instructions are checked. What should I do? I've always apply borders--either in Excel or in Word. In Word: select a cell in the table Table|Select|Table Format|borders and shading|borders tab check the All icon. The gridlines in Word don't print. Word's help says to use borders. (I just checked.) Old Red One wrote: > > Excel seems to work bett...

Printing
I am receiving an error message: An operation on table 'CN_Printer_Settings' failed because the path does not exist. Can anyone help me resolve this issue? ...

How to Wrap Text
I have a 267 characters texts field. MS Excel 2007 will not show all the texts. It showed a bunch of ## symbols in the cell. I have tried several tutorials on how to wrap texts but it didn't work. I have tried these: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-wrap-excel-2007-data-to-see-all-the-text.html http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/how-to-wrap-text-in-ms-word-2007-and-ms-excel-2007/ http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Wrap-Really-Long-Text-in-Excel-110694838 And it didn't work. The cell still shows the ## symbols. Any help is appreciated. Format the cel...

Check Boxes and Radio buttons on Worksheet
I just discovered that I can drop check box directly on a worksheet. I can make it do what I want, in a single instance, but I was wondering there was a way to make them act like formulas, in that I would like to attach the checkbox directly to a cell physically, and, incorporate it's TRUE/FALSE output in a formula, then be able to copy a whole row or column of cells containing the checkbox and formula ...and other data perhaps in a very general way. in other words havethe control behave as if it were the contents of a cell...Make sense? I don't want to have to write code or ...

Help with formula containing text
Hi I need some help on the following. I have a column of text, linked to other worksheets, that is continuously changing. I need to be alert if the same piece of text appears in the column more than twice, e.g. Tom Tom Jane Mary Mary Tom "ALERT" Thanks Mike -- mlhynes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mlhynes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12959 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401787 Mike Visit Chip Pearson's site for much help on duplicates. Fin...

CHANGING LEGEND TEXT
I wish to change the text in the legend box from say- (Series 1) to (MPG) or anything that has a relevance to the graph. This was done easily in Works Spreadsheet and previous versions of Excel. Using 2007 Student & Home version. Hi, Select the chart and use the ribbon Chart Tools > Design > Data > Select Data On the dialog select the appropriate series and Edit. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "mareng" <mareng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDF2E10C-04F5-411E-94C0-2504B48C1900@microsoft.com... &...

Duplicate emails received (two copies)
I am receiving two copies of each received email. What could cause this problem? Thank You, Dan ...

When I print invitations, the guidelines are printing.
Does anyone know how to make the guidelines not print on my card stock? When you go to Print, go to File > Print > Advanced Print Settings > Page Settings > Printer's Marks and uncheck crop marks. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "cudivermom" <cudivermom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB1F34F0-BB74-4107-8E80-DB133F96699A@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to make the guidelines not print on my card stock? ...

Excel 2007 Page numbering
Is there a way in 2007 to consectively number all the sheets beginning with one (1) until ....? Thank you in advance for your help. Do you mean consecutive page numbers when printing more than one worksheet? Select the sheets to print using CTRL + click or Shift + click Then set up the header or footer with &[Page] The selected sheets will print consecutively page-numbered. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:09:01 -0800, Dottie <Dottie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way in 2007 to consectively number all the sheets beginning with >one (1)...

Problems with Colour Printing
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets containing colour formatting (including graphs) that is regularly printed out in colour and greyscale. The problem I have is that when I need to print out several sheets simultaneously I uncheck the "Greyscale" option under print options and have the print job come out in colour. To print multiple selected sheets in colour I need to change the print options for each individual sheet (about 10 in all) to colour (non- greyscale). One strange peculiarity of this is that some of the sheets will not need to be "Unchecked"...

Page set up
Is there any way to repeat a row at the BOTTOM of every page (Opposite to repeat row at top). No. This feature is not in the program specifications of Microsoft Excel. ----- Ranjit wrote: ----- Is there any way to repeat a row at the BOTTOM of every page (Opposite to repeat row at top). ...

How do I hide text beyond the last column in Excel?
In the last column of spreadsheet, if the text goes beyond the column boundary, how is the text truncated in the next cell. I know you can enter blanks in the next column, and that will achieve the desired effect, but that's not an optimal solution for us. Could you just hide all of the columns to the right of those cells? Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "GetVigilant-Jon" wrote: > In the last column of spreadsheet, if the text goes beyond the column > boundary, how is the text truncated in the next cell. I know you can enter > blanks in the next colum...

How do I print backgrounds on publisher 2003 with a deskjet print.