Align or Distribute problem

Publisher 2002. Win XP Home.

I have created 6 small identical blank price tickets(showing store name) 
appearing on A4 size card (landscape)
3 across top with 3 below,spaced, by eye, as evenly as I could.

These will be cut to individual useable price tickets.

However I will want to print on both sides of the cards,(to make re-usable)
and therefore want the spacing to be identical (mirrored ?)

I have tried Edit "select all" then gone to "Arrange" /Align or Distribute 
/Distribute Horizontically/ DistributeVertically.
The effect is to scatter the price tickets, not equally space on the sheet 
as I hoped.

Oh! I also want to make an identical Page 2,
as my printer will do Duplex printing, i.e.pages 1 and 2 on both sides of 
the card at the same time.

Obviously I am doing something wrong,

Can anyone help please?   Thanks

justsid 


0
justins (7)
11/8/2004 7:03:24 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

4 Replies
379 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 15

If the tickets are identical, in page setup, custom, input the size of your ticket, 
adjust how many on the page, gaps and margins.
You will have one ticket on your screen, do the design,
Insert a page, click duplicate all on page one.

Publisher will ask if you are sure you want to duplex, click yes.

-- 
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"justsid" <justins@TAKESOCKSOFFsidcliffe.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message 
news:cmoftt$rla$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Publisher 2002. Win XP Home.
>
> I have created 6 small identical blank price tickets(showing store name) appearing 
> on A4 size card (landscape)
> 3 across top with 3 below,spaced, by eye, as evenly as I could.
>
> These will be cut to individual useable price tickets.
>
> However I will want to print on both sides of the cards,(to make re-usable)
> and therefore want the spacing to be identical (mirrored ?)
>
> I have tried Edit "select all" then gone to "Arrange" /Align or Distribute 
> /Distribute Horizontically/ DistributeVertically.
> The effect is to scatter the price tickets, not equally space on the sheet as I 
> hoped.
>
> Oh! I also want to make an identical Page 2,
> as my printer will do Duplex printing, i.e.pages 1 and 2 on both sides of the card 
> at the same time.
>
> Obviously I am doing something wrong,
>
> Can anyone help please?   Thanks
>
> justsid
> 


0
gsauer (5093)
11/8/2004 7:18:37 PM
Mary, Thanks for your very prompt reply,

Could you take this a little slower for me please.
Yes tickets are identical.

I'm lost on :-   "in page setup, custom, input the size of your ticket,
adjust how many on the page, gaps and margins".

Can I create a new page, copy just one of the images, and paste it ?

If it's not too much trouble can you list the procedure 1-2-3 etc.

justsid   (well past my three score and ten)




just sid
"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message 
news:uO6MBfcxEHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> If the tickets are identical, in page setup, custom, input the size of 
> your ticket, adjust how many on the page, gaps and margins.
> You will have one ticket on your screen, do the design,
> Insert a page, click duplicate all on page one.
>
> Publisher will ask if you are sure you want to duplex, click yes.
>
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> "justsid" <justins@TAKESOCKSOFFsidcliffe.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message 
> news:cmoftt$rla$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> Publisher 2002. Win XP Home.
>>
>> I have created 6 small identical blank price tickets(showing store name) 
>> appearing on A4 size card (landscape)
>> 3 across top with 3 below,spaced, by eye, as evenly as I could.
>>
>> These will be cut to individual useable price tickets.
>>
>> However I will want to print on both sides of the cards,(to make 
>> re-usable)
>> and therefore want the spacing to be identical (mirrored ?)
>>
>> I have tried Edit "select all" then gone to "Arrange" /Align or 
>> Distribute /Distribute Horizontically/ DistributeVertically.
>> The effect is to scatter the price tickets, not equally space on the 
>> sheet as I hoped.
>>
>> Oh! I also want to make an identical Page 2,
>> as my printer will do Duplex printing, i.e.pages 1 and 2 on both sides of 
>> the card at the same time.
>>
>> Obviously I am doing something wrong,
>>
>> Can anyone help please?   Thanks
>>
>> justsid
>>
>
> 


0
justins (7)
11/8/2004 7:38:54 PM
I guess I was a bit brief...

It would help to know your version of Publisher and what size you want your tickets 
to be.
There are some very good download templates on the UK Avery site that can be a 
beginning, they are even in Publisher format. (What a surprise!)
http://www.avery.co.uk/uk1/downloads/template.jsp

If you have Publisher 2000, in page setup you will need to click special size.

Let us assume your ticket is 6.77 x 9.91. This is the measurement you will input into 
the size boxes. This is portrait, I am not an A4 user, it is not easy for me to 
translate sizes.

This will give you eight tickets if you setup your page this way...
side margin .47 cm
top margin 1.38 cm
horizontal gap .25 cm
vertical gap 0 .cm

You will not be able to change the margins and gaps until you go to print if you are 
using Publisher 2000 or below.
Only one ticket will be on your screen.
When you are finished creating your ticket design, on the toolbar, insert page, check 
the "duplicate all objects on page one." The second page will also have one ticket 
identical to page one.

-- 
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"justsid" <justins@TAKESOCKSOFFsidcliffe.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message 
news:cmoi0e$jle$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Mary, Thanks for your very prompt reply,
>
> Could you take this a little slower for me please.
> Yes tickets are identical.
>
> I'm lost on :-   "in page setup, custom, input the size of your ticket,
> adjust how many on the page, gaps and margins".
>
> Can I create a new page, copy just one of the images, and paste it ?
>
> If it's not too much trouble can you list the procedure 1-2-3 etc.
>
> justsid   (well past my three score and ten)
>
>
>
>
> just sid
> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message 
> news:uO6MBfcxEHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> If the tickets are identical, in page setup, custom, input the size of your 
>> ticket, adjust how many on the page, gaps and margins.
>> You will have one ticket on your screen, do the design,
>> Insert a page, click duplicate all on page one.
>>
>> Publisher will ask if you are sure you want to duplex, click yes.
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> "justsid" <justins@TAKESOCKSOFFsidcliffe.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message 
>> news:cmoftt$rla$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>> Publisher 2002. Win XP Home.
>>>
>>> I have created 6 small identical blank price tickets(showing store name) 
>>> appearing on A4 size card (landscape)
>>> 3 across top with 3 below,spaced, by eye, as evenly as I could.
>>>
>>> These will be cut to individual useable price tickets.
>>>
>>> However I will want to print on both sides of the cards,(to make re-usable)
>>> and therefore want the spacing to be identical (mirrored ?)
>>>
>>> I have tried Edit "select all" then gone to "Arrange" /Align or Distribute 
>>> /Distribute Horizontically/ DistributeVertically.
>>> The effect is to scatter the price tickets, not equally space on the sheet as I 
>>> hoped.
>>>
>>> Oh! I also want to make an identical Page 2,
>>> as my printer will do Duplex printing, i.e.pages 1 and 2 on both sides of the 
>>> card at the same time.
>>>
>>> Obviously I am doing something wrong,
>>>
>>> Can anyone help please?   Thanks
>>>
>>> justsid
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
gsauer (5093)
11/8/2004 11:39:32 PM
Mary,
More thanks from me, you have given me lots to ponder over.
Incidentally, I have Publisher 2002, (thought I had put that in my first 
posting).
'bye
just sid

"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message 
news:eInY0wexEHA.2788@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>I guess I was a bit brief...
>
> It would help to know your version of Publisher and what size you want 
> your tickets to be.
> There are some very good download templates on the UK Avery site that can 
> be a beginning, they are even in Publisher format. (What a surprise!)
> http://www.avery.co.uk/uk1/downloads/template.jsp
>
> If you have Publisher 2000, in page setup you will need to click special 
> size.
>
> Let us assume your ticket is 6.77 x 9.91. This is the measurement you will 
> input into the size boxes. This is portrait, I am not an A4 user, it is 
> not easy for me to translate sizes.
>
> This will give you eight tickets if you setup your page this way...
> side margin .47 cm
> top margin 1.38 cm
> horizontal gap .25 cm
> vertical gap 0 .cm
>
> You will not be able to change the margins and gaps until you go to print 
> if you are using Publisher 2000 or below.
> Only one ticket will be on your screen.
> When you are finished creating your ticket design, on the toolbar, insert 
> page, check the "duplicate all objects on page one." The second page will 
> also have one ticket identical to page one.
>
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> "justsid" <justins@TAKESOCKSOFFsidcliffe.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message 
> news:cmoi0e$jle$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> Mary, Thanks for your very prompt reply,
>>
>> Could you take this a little slower for me please.
>> Yes tickets are identical.
>>
>> I'm lost on :-   "in page setup, custom, input the size of your ticket,
>> adjust how many on the page, gaps and margins".
>>
>> Can I create a new page, copy just one of the images, and paste it ?
>>
>> If it's not too much trouble can you list the procedure 1-2-3 etc.
>>
>> justsid   (well past my three score and ten)
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> just sid
>> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message 
>> news:uO6MBfcxEHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>>> If the tickets are identical, in page setup, custom, input the size of 
>>> your ticket, adjust how many on the page, gaps and margins.
>>> You will have one ticket on your screen, do the design,
>>> Insert a page, click duplicate all on page one.
>>>
>>> Publisher will ask if you are sure you want to duplex, click yes.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>>> http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
>>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>>> "justsid" <justins@TAKESOCKSOFFsidcliffe.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message 
>>> news:cmoftt$rla$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>>> Publisher 2002. Win XP Home.
>>>>
>>>> I have created 6 small identical blank price tickets(showing store 
>>>> name) appearing on A4 size card (landscape)
>>>> 3 across top with 3 below,spaced, by eye, as evenly as I could.
>>>>
>>>> These will be cut to individual useable price tickets.
>>>>
>>>> However I will want to print on both sides of the cards,(to make 
>>>> re-usable)
>>>> and therefore want the spacing to be identical (mirrored ?)
>>>>
>>>> I have tried Edit "select all" then gone to "Arrange" /Align or 
>>>> Distribute /Distribute Horizontically/ DistributeVertically.
>>>> The effect is to scatter the price tickets, not equally space on the 
>>>> sheet as I hoped.
>>>>
>>>> Oh! I also want to make an identical Page 2,
>>>> as my printer will do Duplex printing, i.e.pages 1 and 2 on both sides 
>>>> of the card at the same time.
>>>>
>>>> Obviously I am doing something wrong,
>>>>
>>>> Can anyone help please?   Thanks
>>>>
>>>> justsid
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
justins (7)
11/9/2004 7:07:03 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Browser history problem
Hi all Browser history only populates for 2-4 days instead of the 21 days setting. Have deleted history and/or (everything), many times. Also uninstalled same hoping for it to automatically reinstall correctly if corrupted, but still no joy. It used to work, but have lost track how long ago, so system restore does not help. I do not have Norton installed. Am running IE7.Win xp sp3. Appreciate any helpful response. This is not a real problem but would like to find the solution. TIA franktee Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post to and seek suppo...

Two Problems
A B C D E F 02/11/04 042110*** 10:39:53 am 10:47:40 am 467 4 02/11/04 035564*** 11:21:47 am 11:22:10 am 23 1 02/11/04 035564*** 11:55:05 am 11:56:12 am 67 1 02/11/04 042110*** 05:27:28 pm 06:14:08 pm 2800 24 02/11/04 563*** 09:06:52 pm 09:07:35 pm 43 1 02/11/04 042110*** 09:09:02 pm 09:22:46 pm 824 4 02/11/04 042110*** 09:37:37 pm 10:43:39 pm 3962 17 02/11/04 568*** 09:43:30 pm 09:53:22 pm 592 3 02/11/04 042110*** 11:37:28 pm 12:34:18 am 3410 15 03/11/04 042110*** 12:40:50 am 01:01:56 am 1266 6 03/11/04 0641217*** 0...

E-mail Reply Problem !!!!!
Hi, I've got one Exchange Server 2003 (w/o SP1) in the network, all user is using Outlook 2003, when the user has sent out the mail via "Reply All", the field "TO" or "CC" only display local user E-mail Address but other E-mail Address doesn't not exist ??? I don't know the problem is in Exchange Server or Outlook. Please help and give me the solution. Tks a Lot !!!!! ...

Problem opening outlook
When I try to open outlook, a message box shows "unable to open your default mail folders. Could not start because a location to send and receive mail could not be found." Evidently I deleted something, but I don't know how or when. My CD installation disk is broken. Is there a way I can fix this problem without re-installing? Or a web site where I can download something? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try to open outlook, a message box shows "unable to > open your default mail folders. Could...

vlookup problem please help
Hi experts, I have a problem in using vlookup function and have not been able to resolve for a year+. Hope I can find some help in this great forum. Many thanks in advance! An example as below. When I vlookup Material2 to Material1 for the Project No, I get the result 222-56 for all the duplicate Material1 values. In this case of having duplicate values in Material1 but associated with different Project Numbers, how can I have vlookup function to match the Project No. containg "AA" as 1st priority ? (and if there is no Project No. containing "AA", then vlookup to look f...

Problems Entering Pictures into the Report Writer Picture Library
Using the GP 10.0 Business Essentials Trial Software Report Writer I am unable to insert either a jpg or bmp image (less than 32K in size) into either the picture library or a report that I am attempting to modify. Here is a synopsis of what did not work. From File Explorer highlight a picture, right click it and select copy (into clipboard) Enter Report Writer Select Resources >> Pictures >> New In the picture definition window, enter the new picture name Left Click in the picture box, bring Focus to that field Select the Edit Menu and from the pulldown click paste Nothing Hap...

Personalize problem
A friend of mine allowed someone to install Team Viewer on her computer yesterday. Now everything is messed up. I fixed most of the problems. One minor problem is trying to personalize her desktop. Before yesterday the Choose Desktop Background worked fine. Now all the pictures are the same even though when I hover the mouse pointer over a frame, I get the names of the different photos. When I click on a photo it appears as a desktop background but there is a vertical line close to the right margin and the color is not even. Can someone give me instructions on how to get thi...

Outlook 2000 compact pst problem
Dear all, My Outlook 2000 is running Internet Mail Mode, my pst file is now 1.2GB. I removed some mails and compact the file. The 'compact now' dialog box show 1 second and finished, but the file size did not reduce. Anyone can help me? On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:40:29 +0800, "Ho" <Ho@feungning.com> wrote: >Dear all, > >My Outlook 2000 is running Internet Mail Mode, my pst file is now 1.2GB. I >removed some mails and compact the file. The 'compact now' dialog box show 1 >second and finished, but the file size did not reduce. > >Anyone can ...

Excel cell problem #2
I have a workbook I have created (I am a novice), which for some reason, when I want to add or delete a cell in ANY column, I no longer have the option to shift cells up or down, it will only allow me to shift the entire row up or down. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong here? I have some formulas set up to keep counts for me, nothing real special. Thanks in advance. -- Thanks Steve Have you applied Data|filter to that worksheet? Try data|filter|show all (to see everything) then try it out. Steve wrote: > > I have a workbook I have created (I am a novice), which for so...

problem with macro
i have a worksheet that shows worktimes for employees, the cells ar grey, when you enter the employees time or "shift" and press a butto that executes my macro, it changes the colour of the "shift" to whit to show the time scale that the employee is working. the macro run fine, the problem is that to run the macro i have to click a button. i there a way of running the macro, or executing the code when i ente the employees "shift" of time. or is this not possible? this is the code i am using at the minute for it to run when i click o a button: Private Function Sh...

Date formatting problem #5
Hi there, I've tried everything I can think of with this one - help!! I'm reading dates from 2 cells, storing them in variables, comparing them and then storing the resulting date in a different cell. Code currently is: If stStoredDate<> stDate then stStoredDate=stDate Activecell.Offset(0,1).Value = stStoredDate End If My problem is stStoredDate = 04/09/05 (4 Sep 05 as I'm in the UK), stDate is the same, but the value in the cell is 09/04/05 (9 Apr 05). Both cells have identical formatting. If I change the formatting to 'general', stStoredDate= 38599, but t...

problem sending emails 04-25-10
i looked up the POP3 and SMTP server information but when i try to send emails it gives me this error. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server R...

format problem importing quicken files from Bank
Hi I have Money 2001 never used it until today. I am in Italy and my bank allows me to export bank statement in a quicken file. However when I import it into money - money misreads the format and takes the first punctuation mark as the decimal point. i.e. the amount euro 1.234,56 imports as 1,23 euro's instead of one thousand euros. My regional settings are set to italian with , being the decimal and . being a separator - however money takes the first , or . as the decimal Any ideas on how to fix this? regards Ski ...

Problem installing CRM 1.2 on Win2003
Hello, I get the following error installing the product: Setup was unable to install the Windows installer package.msi of microsoft CRM Server Setup. Any ideas? Michael Where can I find an installation guide? Thanks Michael Hi Micheal, There is a CRM installation guide from Microsoft called Installing_and_Securing_CRM_on_SBS.doc. I found this guide extremely useful. I recommend thoroughly reading it before implementing any of it. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C835F117-A447-48DB-940B-48EF88A192A3&displaylang=en Regards, Chris Netarus, LLC http://www...

Problems with Views not displaying "Regarding" data
CRM v4.0 Whenever I create a View that is supposed to display data from a related entity, I show no data. For instance, I have an Activity view that is related to a Contact. In my Activities view I want to display certain data from the related Contact entity, such as "City", "Job Title", etc. But again, when I save the view, I show no data under "City (Regarding)", or "Job Title (Regarding)". My user account has system admin rights, so I know its not a role issue. It smells and looks like a bug, but it seems more users would have this proble...

Even buying addition Office for Mac2004 doesn't solve excessive installations problem
I had Office 2004 (Student and Teacher Edition) installed on three Macs, my high school son's iBook, my G4, and my wife's iMac. The computers are all on an home network. My son's IBook hard drive died and I bought him a new Mac Mini. I re-installed Office from the same Student and Teahcer Edition on the new Mac Mini. (Student and Teacher Edition allows 3 installations.) When either my wife or my son attempted to launch an Office application when the other's computer is on, the second machine got the notice that the number of installations exceeded the number allowed by the...

Problem with Outlook
When i open my Great Plains 10, i received a message error of Microsoft, when i clisk on the option send report, automatic close Great plains. Who know the reazon ???????????? Actually it depends, allot of errors could cause this hang, most of those errors caused by the server connectivity, make sure that the link between the machine and the server is stable, and then disable the outlook link in the home page, if the error didn't resolve you may need to do more investigations using profile or DEXLOG. Let me know if you need any more help in this matter. Regards, -- Mohammad R. ...

Problems removing reoccuring appointments in calendar #2
I have one user that cannot delete reoccuring appointments. He tries to delete one instance and it will not remove. He is running Outlook 2003 on Exchange Win 2000 server. Any ideas???? ...

email problems #3
My outlook shows emails in my sent box,but the intended recipients never receive the emails. This appears to be a random event because some emails go through and some don't. HELP They are probably delayed because of the massive virusinfections going around. If messages to yourself (and a Hotmail account) arrive it's not very likely Outlook is the problem. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to rece...

problem with cost of stock shares
Couple of years ago for a stock in my portfolio, I transfered some shares from one account to another one by swapping shares for cash, i.e. shares went from account A to B, while cash went from account B to A in exchange. I recorded the transaction as "transfer in" for account B, so at that time, Money calculated the cost of the shares as the closing price of the stock on that transaction day. Unfortunately, the amount of cash that was used in the swap is NOT the same. With the shares sold this year, it's creating somewhat of a problem within Money with calculation of profit. It ...

Problem generating email address
I have Exchange2003 and Win2003 AD with about 20 child domains running. Now I am experiencing some problem. For one child domain, RUS runs fine and I actually manually did update on RUS. The child domain is located in different geograpgic place and working fine. One word, I don't see any system issue. I created a few new users' email a week ago, by going through the "Exchange Task" process. However, none of their email address is generated. I rebooted email server and child DC. Still the email address is not generated. Any help? Thanks Rick The email addresses a...

Public Folder Distribution Lists
I'm trying to setup a distribution list that basically acts as a mailing list to several people. I created a public folder with the contact info of the people on the list that I want to mail to (including the email address) and then tied that to a DL that I created in ADUC. I made sure that the DL was mail enabled and I tied the public folder to the members portion. However when I go to send an email to that DL, it shows up as a post of sorts in the contact list in the public folder as opposed to actually sending that message to the email addresses listed. Where am I going wrong? As a sid...

email address problem #2
I am using outlook express 6. Addresses like the one shown bounce. 'Jjhenry@aol.com' Bounce message shows the address 'jjhenry@aol.com. RoadRunner is my provider. Any suggestions????? ...

Problem with 1.3 installation
after installing Store Operations ver1.3, I get an annoying error message that appears every now and then (when starting the Store Operations POS up, or somtimes after tendering a transaction). The error message says "The copy protection device that used to be on this machine is no longer there....Do you wish to continue?" I don't know why I am getting this message because the dongle is still attached to my parralel port and was never moved around during the installation process. Anyone know how I can get rid of this message? This is a multi-part message in MIME forma...

Strange problem while running MFC 7.0 apps on Windows 2000
Hello, I'm writing an MFC 7.1 program and it runs smoothly on XP and 98. However, on Windows 2000 I encountered a strange message saying that The application failed to initailize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application. Thus I try to install VS.Net 2003 on a Win2k machine and run my EXE from VS.Net IDE. The debugging outputs are attached below. Any clues / suggestions / solutions are appreciated. My program uses VS.Net 2003 (MFC 7.1, link as static library) and CImage class in that. The GDIPlus.dll is copied from .Net framework 1.1.3705. TIA, Arthur ...