Adding shadows to tables or objects

I have a table and want to add a shadow.  Would think this would be fairly
simple, but have not yet found the key!  I have tried the 3-D toolbar, but it
is disabled.  not sure how to enable it.  Thanks!
0
ChrisP (10)

To add a shadow to a table is more or less hit and miss. Select the table, fill
the cells white, draw a rectangle the size of the table, color it, send it to
the back, while the rectangle is selected, open the shadow dialogue and adjust.
Most simple objects can have a shadow inserted.
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"ChrisP" <ChrisP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a table and want to add a shadow.  Would think this would be fairly
> simple, but have not yet found the key!  I have tried the 3-D toolbar, but it
> is disabled.  not sure how to enable it.  Thanks!

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Mapping Nested XML to Relational Tables
I'm having a problem translating nested XML to relational tables and would appreciate anyone's advice with it. I've written some code in C# that retrieves a fairly complex XML document structure from a remote server and loads in into a dataset. Originally, the complete XML document would not load because of conflicts caused by nested nodes of the same name in different parts of the document. I generated a schema by separating out parts of the XML which would load successfully, eliminating the conflicting nodes in the schema, and then re-integrating the XML schema without the conf...

Link Tables 04-17-07
I have 2 different back-end databases I use, one for when I'm testing and one for production. I'm also using a homegrown login. When I log in, I'd like a window to appear that list which files I'm linked to at that time (mostly because I just want to make sure I'm either in production or in testing environment without having to check link table manager--unfortunately I sometimes forget.) I've seen this code but when I step into it, the value of tdf is blank, even though it goes through it as if it isn't. Sub ShowLinkPath() Dim db As DAO.Database Dim tdf As DAO.Tab...

Append 2 tables with variable names
Hi there... Here's my problem. I have 2 tables in an access 2000 database. The table names are unknown...they could have any name. Through VBA how can I append one table to the other? Hi, you can run append query: currentdb.execute "Insert into " & strTable1 & " (Field1, Field2) Select Field1, Field2 From " & strTable2, dbfailonerror Where strTable1 and strTable2 variables hold tables names -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com "ambushsinger" <ambushsinger@dis...

adding date in excel
I would like to know how to add a year to a date. If a persons date o birth is 14/11/1976 and he would retire from service at the age of 55. I woul like to add 55 years to his date of birth 14/11/1976 + 55. How would do this calculation. fero -- ferozm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ferozms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1956 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47699 On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 18:49:38 -0500, ferozms <ferozms.1x2mma_1129593901.0375@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Unhandled Object Exception with Letter Wizard
Hello all. One of our users is experiencing a problem when she tries to run the Report Wizard in Great Plains 8.0. After following the instructions to create a report, she receives the following error: Unhandled Object Exception Unable to access field 'Variables' Exception_Class_Object_Exception ExceptionSubClass:0 I would greatly appreciate any insight or solution anyone can provide. Thanks in advance. ...

Aligning an excel table w/ a cluster column chart x-axis columns
I'm trying to create my own data table for the x axis of my cluster col chart. The x axis is the months of the year. I want WSheet col A to align w/ the chart margin, col B to align w/ the Jan chart col, C w/the Feb chart col, thru col M w/ Dec. How do I do this? Every time I change the col widith of the excel columns, the chart stretches or shrinks as the col width does. I can move the graph in the chart to line up the first col, but then adjusting the size of the graph, moves the chart around. Nothing seems to work to get all the chart cols to line up w/ the table cols. I hop...

I did a reset account of a computer account in AD which is an exchange server
How can I get the exchange to talk back to the AD again ... Thanks Andy ...

field not displaying in table
Within Access, there is a field that is showing up in the design view, but not in the datasheet view. This seems like an easy fix, but I can't figure it out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Have you checked to see if the column has been hidden? (by the way, you really don't want to be using the table directly ... it's too easy to confuse a datasheet view with a spreadsheet) Access tables store data ... Access forms (and reports) display data ... use the Forms, Luke! Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have ...

Access 2000 Pivot Tables
I cannot find the pivot tables option in Access 2000. Does anyone know when that functionality was added to Access? iirc, 2002 -- HTH, George "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FD7FAF9-81EE-43B0-8E7B-27C6D3F1EBC3@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the pivot tables option in Access 2000. Does anyone know >when > that functionality was added to Access? ...

Adding objects to the Convert Lead screen
I have created a custom entity called End Customer. I would like my users to have the ability to select 'End Customer' from the 'Convert Leads' button. Right now, they can select Contact, Account, or Opportunity. How can I add End Customer to that list? you cant. The convert lead funciton cannot be extended. You will need to write a custom solution. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "KevinPublic" <KevinPublic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12E58882-4764-431B-A79...

Caption property of AxisTitle object size limitation
I need to diplay a disclaimer on every chart that is displayed in my workbook. The disclaimer is much longer then 256 characters, so I cannot assign it to X-Axis caption. Is there a workaround, or a better way to do it? Thank you in advance. Ed Kagan Los Angeles, CA Mark, Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, the disclaimer has to be a part of the chart, since the user has an option to automatically export the chart to PowerPoint. Ed "Mark Rosenkrantz" <info@rosenkrantz.nl> wrote in message news:<bgnpjf$s12$1@reader08.wxs.nl>... > Edward; > > Insert a te...

object linking and embedding
hi, we have several computers linked over a network and on all these systems whenever you open an excel file you get an error saying something like"object linking and embedding...." not supported or something,and excel closes after a while.anyone know what the matter could be?though i believe it started when a particular excel file was opened that was copied on a floppy from another system not on the network. One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. I haven't seen any confirmation/denial, but you may want to read his post: http://groups.goo...

Pivot table page field problem
I have set up a pivot table with a page field for account name. I'm having a problem where I select an account from the page field drop down box, but when the pivot table updates, some of the time it shows data for a different account. For instance, if I select Supplies, the page field will show Supplies after my choice, but if I double click on a cell in the table itself, the resulting data is for Travel expense. It's not consistently wrong, just sometimes. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it? Perhaps some of the captions were accidentally changed. You...

Adding Hotmail to Outlook 2000
In tryingto add a Hotmail address to Outlook 2000 on a standalone laptop, the M$ instructions say to select New account of HTTP type. However, that is not an option in my system, so it is not working for me. I can only choose from IMAP or POP3. Any idea why or why not? I am using Win2K Pro with Outlook 2K and SR-1. Thanks, Monica Outlook 2000 doesn't support HTTP servers. You can use a tool like Hotmail Popper if you want to download Hotmail to your Outlook -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads...

Pasting a chart as object between instances of Excel
A small peculiarity that I'm hoping someone can help me clear up. I have a number of large number of similar workbooks (different data in each). They each have a number of charts. When I enhance a chart, I then want to ensure that each workbook has the same type of chart. Scenario 1 1. Open windows explorer 2. Double click workbook with new chart 3. Double click workbook with old chart 4. Select old chart and delete - there is a chart sheet with no chart 5. Select new chart and copy 6. Paste new chart in old chart's chart sheet - the new chart appears and is identical to the copied...

2003 > 2007 Migration (AD Issue)
Exchange 2003 server is now gone and everything is running fine on Ex2007. Viewed from adsiedit, the old Ex2003 administrative group named "First Administrative Group" still exists in Active Directory, but the old removed 2003 server does not exist in the "First Administrative Group". If I delete the "First Administrative Group" with adsiedit, the public folder store in Exchange 2007 will not mount with an error "MapiExceptionADPropertyError: . . . " I have narrowed down the specific item in the old Adminsitrative Group to the item in this path...

Best way to persist alter table changes in my local DB to web host
Hello. Using SQL Server 2008. I'm developing on my local PC with a copy of the DB that is contained on a web host. Is there a good way when I do an alter table on the local DB to export that change to the web host DB and have "semi-automatically" apply the change to its copy of the table? dontspammenow@yahoo.com (dontspammenow@yahoo.com) writes: > Using SQL Server 2008. I'm developing on my local PC with a copy of > the DB that is contained on a web host. Is there a good way when I do > an alter table on the local DB to export that change to the w...

adding TTF
I have downloaded a TTF and it is in a zipped folder. I have tried to add it to the fonts folder in the control panel. The folder in the add font dialog does not show the downloaded font listed. I have tried to drag it to the font folder. What am I doing wrong? Is it because it is a zipped folder? -- Carolb You have to unzip the download (you can unzip it to the same folder where the zipped file resides) so that Windows (and you) can see the actual TTF files; then you will be able to install the font by pointing Windows to the folder that contains the font files. -- ...

Account Expired in AD
Hi, we're running Exchange 5.5 and Win2000 AD. If a user's account expired on AD, what happens to their associated exchange mailbox? Deleted/Retained/Available? Retained. Exchange 5.5 accounts are wholly separate from AD accounts. "FireAllianceNX" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AD3582B-8841-4828-892E-2933C1F27286@microsoft.com... > Hi, we're running Exchange 5.5 and Win2000 AD. If a user's account expired on AD, what happens to their associated exchange mailbox? Deleted/Retained/Available? ...

making changes in dulicated objects
I have made a table of 10 rows by 2 columns and duplicated grouped objects into all the cells....now i want to make changes to these groups, but i need those changes to be reflected in all the objects just the same.... For example if i have John Smith ina text box and want to change it to James Right.. how can i change it all at one time without doing it one by one TY james wrote: > I have made a table of 10 rows by 2 columns and duplicated grouped objects > into all the cells....now i want to make changes to these groups, but i need > those changes to be reflected in all the object...

OL2k3 Automatically Adding Public Folders to 'Favorite Folders' list in Mail
Hi Is there any way of automatically adding public folders to the Favourite Folders list at the top of the Mail Pane in Outlook 2003? Any logon script or similar would be much appreciated. Thanks B ...

Data Migration Framework Doesn't Create cdf Tables for Custom Entities
The subject pretty much says it all. I'm running CRM 3.0 on a Windows 2003 R2 server with SQL 2005 installed. I have installed the CRM Data Migration Framework and run the CDF Initialization Wizard. After doing so, the cdf database is created and there are tables present for all of the default entities. However, there are no tables created for my custom entities. Any ideas what it could be? Thanks, Jason Ok, so after some more reserach, I've learned that you can't import data into a custom entity. So that's fun. Can anyone recommend another way to import data from an ...

adding values of vlookup's
Hi, Even though I knew I'm not good on formulas, I tried to come of with some and "surprisingly" it didn't worked out as desired Below is the formula, =VLOOKUP(E11,$U$10:$Z$11,2,0) +VLOOKUP(F11,$U$10:$Z$11,3,0) +VLOOKUP(G11,$U$10:$Z$11,4,0) +VLOOKUP(H11,$U$10:$Z$11,5,0) +VLOOKUP(I11,$U$10:$Z$11,6,0) Help me pls... Vinu. Have you looked to see what each VLOOKUP does on its own. If one of them is #N/A, try =sum( VLOOKUP(E11,$U$10:$Z$11,2,0) ,VLOOKUP(F11,$U$10:$Z$11,3,0) ,VLOOKUP(G11,$U$10:$Z$11,4,0) ,VLOOKUP(H11,$U$10:$Z$11,5,0) ,VLOOKUP(I11,$U$10:$Z$11,6,0) ) best wishe...

Excel 2007, pivot table format issue
Suddenly the numbers in my pivot tables are reverting to dates! I can reformat to numbers but on refresh they revert to dates. Help please? ...

pivot table form
i have access 2007 and have created a pivot table form. it works fine for me. the users are using access runtime and when they go to open the form, it displays in data view mode. there doesnt seem to be an option to change to pivot table view. is there a way around this so the users can view the pivot table. thanks ...