Adding pages in Publisher

I am working on a booklet and want to number the pages. But I want to begin 
numbering the pages on page three of the booklet. I do not want a number on 
pages 1 or 2.   So, page three of the booklet will be Page 1; page four will 
be Page 2, etc.  Can it be done, or must I do each page individually?
0
Ben1 (161)
1/23/2007 3:53:42 AM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

5 Replies
337 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 0

What version Publisher? Insert, section...

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com

"Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:FC4DDF3D-0157-4CEA-922A-C507A07C1A68@microsoft.com...
>I am working on a booklet and want to number the pages. But I want to begin
> numbering the pages on page three of the booklet. I do not want a number on
> pages 1 or 2.   So, page three of the booklet will be Page 1; page four will
> be Page 2, etc.  Can it be done, or must I do each page individually? 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
1/23/2007 8:58:32 AM
View, deselect two page view, go to page 3, insert section, check Begin a 
section with this page, start at: type 1, okay out. Insert, page numbers.

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com

"Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:049EF038-A1BD-45B3-A43C-18E455455B3E@microsoft.com...
>
>
> "Ben" wrote:
>
>> I am working on a booklet and want to number the pages. But I want to begin
>> numbering the pages on page three of the booklet. I do not want a number on
>> pages 1 or 2.   So, page three of the booklet will be Page 1; page four will
>> be Page 2, etc.  Can it be done, or must I do each page individually?
>
> I am using Publisher 2002. 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
1/23/2007 7:27:19 PM
I hope its ok to come in on this as I have been trying to do the same, but 
not working. (publisher 2003)
This is what I am doing......

View
Two page spread....uncheck
Insert
Section
Begin with this section...check
Show headers & footers on the first page.... uncheck
Start at page 3
OK

Obviously missing something but no page numbers appear.

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message 
news:%239ThASyPHHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> View, deselect two page view, go to page 3, insert section, check Begin a 
> section with this page, start at: type 1, okay out. Insert, page numbers.
>
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>
> "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:049EF038-A1BD-45B3-A43C-18E455455B3E@microsoft.com...
>>
>>
>> "Ben" wrote:
>>
>>> I am working on a booklet and want to number the pages. But I want to 
>>> begin
>>> numbering the pages on page three of the booklet. I do not want a number 
>>> on
>>> pages 1 or 2.   So, page three of the booklet will be Page 1; page four 
>>> will
>>> be Page 2, etc.  Can it be done, or must I do each page individually?
>>
>> I am using Publisher 2002.
>
> 


0
nonsense (27)
1/24/2007 5:15:30 PM
You have to go back to insert, page numbers...

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com

"S S" <nonsense@Hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message 
news:SuMth.156360$Kh7.142316@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>I hope its ok to come in on this as I have been trying to do the same, but not 
>working. (publisher 2003)
> This is what I am doing......
>
> View
> Two page spread....uncheck
> Insert
> Section
> Begin with this section...check
> Show headers & footers on the first page.... uncheck
> Start at page 3
> OK
>
> Obviously missing something but no page numbers appear.
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message 
> news:%239ThASyPHHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> View, deselect two page view, go to page 3, insert section, check Begin a 
>> section with this page, start at: type 1, okay out. Insert, page numbers.
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>>
>> "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>> news:049EF038-A1BD-45B3-A43C-18E455455B3E@microsoft.com...
>>>
>>>
>>> "Ben" wrote:
>>>
>>>> I am working on a booklet and want to number the pages. But I want to begin
>>>> numbering the pages on page three of the booklet. I do not want a number on
>>>> pages 1 or 2.   So, page three of the booklet will be Page 1; page four 
>>>> will
>>>> be Page 2, etc.  Can it be done, or must I do each page individually?
>>>
>>> I am using Publisher 2002.
>>
>>
>
> 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
1/24/2007 7:13:17 PM
Ok Got it now,  thanks

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message 
news:ePee1u%23PHHA.3872@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> You have to go back to insert, page numbers...
>
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>
> "S S" <nonsense@Hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message 
> news:SuMth.156360$Kh7.142316@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>I hope its ok to come in on this as I have been trying to do the same, but 
>>not working. (publisher 2003)
>> This is what I am doing......
>>
>> View
>> Two page spread....uncheck
>> Insert
>> Section
>> Begin with this section...check
>> Show headers & footers on the first page.... uncheck
>> Start at page 3
>> OK
>>
>> Obviously missing something but no page numbers appear.
>>
>> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message 
>> news:%239ThASyPHHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> View, deselect two page view, go to page 3, insert section, check Begin 
>>> a section with this page, start at: type 1, okay out. Insert, page 
>>> numbers.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>>>
>>> "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:049EF038-A1BD-45B3-A43C-18E455455B3E@microsoft.com...
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Ben" wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I am working on a booklet and want to number the pages. But I want to 
>>>>> begin
>>>>> numbering the pages on page three of the booklet. I do not want a 
>>>>> number on
>>>>> pages 1 or 2.   So, page three of the booklet will be Page 1; page 
>>>>> four will
>>>>> be Page 2, etc.  Can it be done, or must I do each page individually?
>>>>
>>>> I am using Publisher 2002.
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
nonsense (27)
1/24/2007 8:42:39 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Adding financial institution to....
Hi, I'm trying to add another finacial institution to the "online services" at the "logon to ....screen. I have set up a password, passport. If I go to Accounts/Bills, then Online Service Manager,select the financial institution I want to add, then I'm supposed to go to "modify services".....but I can't find that.... Does anybody have this problem? What am I doing wrong? I have set up this account online and can download into Money if I go to their website but I want to add it to the other accounts and that way I can save some time. I'm talking about...

Identical Name on multiple workbook pages
As a hardened Excel/VBA nut, I'm probably going to be really embarrased when I get the answer to this, but here goes... I have a workbook containing a worksheet that records weekly data. I have a named range ("Data") which I select then clear, via GoTo. Each week, I copy the latest week's worksheet and create a new worksheet for the new week. And each week, I select the range "Data" and clear it in the most recently created worksheet. the thing is, I always thought that Range names were unique across a workbook, and that you couldn't have the same Range N...

Adding Additional Work to MS Project 2003
I would like to do some what-if analysis on my project schedule and am not sure how I can easily add say 30% additional work across the board on my project to show some best and worse case scenarios. Would I have to use a PERT chart to do this sort of filter? Hello Al, PERT analysis in project 2003 is based upon duration, not work. While work and duration are related through assignments, if you have changed the task type from the default of fixed units, adjusting duration will not necessarily change work. The PERT analysis tools are available on the PERT Analysis toolbar...

Migrating AD to new domain. How does Exch 5.5 fit in?
Over a weekend (hopefully) I will be migrating from one domain to another temporary domain. Then I will be taking the original domain out of it's current forest and into its own. I will then migrate back to the original domain. I'm using Exchange 5.5. What do I do with Exchange? Should I leave it with the original domain and assume that the appended SIDHistory of the users will still work correctly with it when they move back? I'm thinking this will work since it's happening over a weekend... I don't know anything about migrating Exchange 5.5 to a new domain... Any ...

how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet
how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet Try going to the View menu and unchecking Page Break Preview On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:01:08 -0800, "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet You may be in page break preview mode. Go to "View" and select "normal" Regards Bill K "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A65FC73-CAA0-428D-8ECD-0C2A2E15B799@microsoft.com... > how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work she...

Publisher 2003 Graphics
I recently purchased Publisher 2003 as a stand alone program...at least I thought so! When I try to access any of the clip art from Publisher, it prompts me to enter the Office XP Media Content disk. I don't have one. I seem to be able to use the other features of the program. I looked all over the box the program came in and nowhere does it say that Office XP is a requirement. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Thanks so much! Candy Pub 2003 comes with a minimal amount of clip art. The rest is accessed online. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "can...

Publisher 2002 Fatal Exception
I am running publisher 2002 on a Windows 98 OS. Everytime I open a publisher file or start a new wizard, I get a fatal exception OE at 0167:BFF9DFFF Any ideas on this one? What Are Fatal Exception Errors http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;150314&Product=w98 Could be any number of things, bad memory, corrupt driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lauren Olsen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0e9f01c4a659$2b88eaf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I am run...

PIVOT tables and publishing thrm on a webpage
Is there a way to publish a pivot table in a html page but still kee exactly the same funcitonality that you have on a Excel spread sheet either by converting it to a java applet or something else . Any hel would be much appreciate -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

need help working in publisher 07
when i open a blank document it looks very squatty...the measurements are bigger across the top of the page and narrower along the sides of the page, even tho both are in inches. Do you mean your page is landscape instead of portrait? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "rebecca" <rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D569716A-8BBE-4FBF-89B6-5DD7E519E1D3@microsoft.com... > when i open a blank document it looks very squatty...the measurements are > bigger across the top of ...

Margin Trouble with Custom Page Size
When I try to print in Publisher using a custom page size, printer or Publisher adds approx 1.5" to the top of my page margin, no matter what I do. Checked the printer settings in WordPad, all looks OK. Issue does not occur when printing on 8.5X11 page, nor does it occur in MS Word. I don't have any extra margin set in Master Page...have tried everything I can think of. Under deadline to print invitations and getting desperate...help! Thanks. How are you setting up your printer? Are you saving the custom setting? Are you setting up your printer first? What model is your pr...

AD Computer object question
Hello, I have computer object within Active Directory for a specific server. Due to an issue, the link between the two has been broken. Is there any way to recreate the link without delete the AD object and join back the server into the domain? Thanks for your help, It's a really urgent matter, please help Dark Hello darkbol, Which kind of machine is it, Domain controller or member server or workstation? What is the exact error message? Did something happened before or is it just out of the blue? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is pro...

Adding Values From Different Tabs
Is there a way to add values from different tabs on the same spreadsheet? For example A2 from tab 1 and A2 from tab 2 -- Flipkid2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Flipkid2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17984 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398184 Assuming the name on Tab 1 is Sheet1 and Tab 2 is Sheet2, use thi formula: =Sheet1!A2+Sheet2!A2 note the name of the sheet is followed by "!" to indicate it is a shee name. HTH Bruc -- swatsp0 ------------...

connecting to data access page with filter criteria
I have an access database that I connect to from a GIS application (ArcView) using VBscript. I need to port my GIS project to the free viewer (ArcReader) which does not support VBscript but does support hyperlinking to a URL based on a value supplied by an underlying record. In my current project I can send filter critera to open a particular database, form and record. Would it be possible to do the same using data access pages or would I need to create a separate page for each record I want linked? ...

Money 2005 Bug: Portfolio toolbar button loads blank page titled Portfolio Manager
Problem Description: Clicking on the Portfolio toolbar button loads a blank page that's titled Portfolio Manager. That's it! I can't see any of my open positions, etc... using this toolbar button. Frequency of problem: Always Happens Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 Computer manufacturer and model: Dell Computer Corporation, Dimension 8200 Processor model and speed: I586IV, 1994 MHz Memory (RAM): 523.276 MB The only input I can offer is that I have the same problem on one computer, but it works fine on the other. I converted from 2004 Delu...

Embedded Fonts in Publisher
Why do I get a message about embedding fonts every time I open my files? How can I have it set as default to have them embedded without asking me? Thanks. Indian Publisher wrote: > Why do I get a message about embedding fonts every time I open my > files? How can I have it set as default to have them embedded without > asking me? Thanks. Do you mean embedded or missing? When you use a font in a publication it isn't embedded unless you specify (and many designers won't allow their fonts to be embedded). If Publisher cannot find an installed font it will promt you every ti...

PUB file crashes Publisher on open
I have a publisher file that crashes MS Publisher on open, even tried some recovery programs and they crashed. Is it a lost cause? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx <dmahlitz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161174335.508250.183640@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... >I have a publisher file that crashes MS Publisher on open, even tried > some rec...

email notification of AD expiring password?
Hi Does anyone know of a utility that will automatically email someone when their Active Directory password is about expire? Thanks, Jack Why do you want to do this? The user will get a pop up letting them know that when they log in. "Jack Black" <JackBlack@hat.com> wrote in message news:elN0llXoEHA.2852@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Does anyone know of a utility that will automatically email someone when > their Active Directory password is about expire? > > Thanks, Jack > > It's for remote users. Since they are not on the domain, the...

Excel page format changes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, <br><br>My client creates spreadsheets for her boss. She pushes the boundaries to get things to fit on the screen. <br> Uses A4, margins at 1.5cms and scales to 90%. <br><br>When her boss receives it by email the margins go to 2.5cms, scales to 100%. They have the same versions 12.2.4 and Leopard. They are just about to be upgraded to Snow Leopard. Any idea why this could be happening? Thanks. ...

Cell identity when printing comments on separate page
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When printing comments at end of page, it identifies the cell by letters and numbers. (i.e. Cell: AA33) Afterward the comment is shown for that cell. <br><br>Question: Instead of the cell identity being shown this way, is it possible ithe cell can also be identified by its X axis header for that column with the y access header for that Row. <br><br>Thank for your assistance. <br><br>Carl Sorry Carl, but I'm not clear on what you're asking for... In 'MySpeak' ...

Problems with Publisher 2000 and Windows 2000
One of my clients started having problems with Microsoft Publisher 2000 last week. Whenvever she tries to run it on her Windows 2000 box, Windows installer comes up and asks her to insert her office CD, she does, and then she receives an error message saying "The installation source for this product is not available." She is an administrator of her own machine, but ironically, the user "administrator" can run publisher without any problem. I have had this problem with the first disk of Office 2000 in the past, and microsoft was able to resolve it by sending a pr...

Publisher 2002 Mail Merge Problems
Hi! I posted an inquiry on 2/21/04 regarding problems I'm having doing a mail merge in Publisher 2002 (using W98SE). I read a post that said I may need to intall MDAC file from MS...I did so and restarted my PC, but Publisher still freezes after opening the source file (in this case an Access database)and doesn't allow me to go to the next step. Any other advise? I may end up just printing labels and affixing them to the postcards I'm trying to mail merge information into...your help is appreciated! Use a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file. That will work. In Excel you g...

2 panel brochure printing in publisher
I am trying to print a 2 panel brochure in publisher and when I print preview everything fits but when it prints pages 1, & 3 get cut off. I would like all the pages to fit and print so the pages are aligned when folded. its an 8x11 normal sheet. I don't know which margins to use to make it print correctly. Please help! Have you setup your brochure as a booklet? Do you know your printers margin limitations? A tutorial is here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Dominikin" <Dominikin@d...

publisher 2003 #63
Kan man på nogen måde beskytte en publikation mod redigering. F.eks kan man i exel beskytte med en kode. mvh Anni ...

Newsletters in MS Publisher
how do I set up an 8 page newletter that will print on 11x17 paper with pages 1 & 8 and 2 & 7 on one sheet and pages 3 & 6 and pages 4 & 5 on the same sheet? ...

Dex runtime error after adding modified smart list to vba
My first go round I had added the "original" Smartlist lookup for Inventory/Items to visual basic instead of adding a "modified" Smartlist Lookup for this screen. This worked fine, but I realized I didn't want all users to use the modified Smartlist. I then removed all these changes and tried to start fresh. I then added the original smartlist to Modifier. This was ok. I changed security to use the modified window. However, after adding the modified window, when I try to exit the screen, I get the Dexterity runtime error. I have repeated this seve...