Adding Border Rectangle Fouls Picture Wrapping in Publisher 2003

I already found the answer to the problem described below courtesy of a
"Wrapping text around pictures in MS Publisher 2003"). However, this is
such unexpected and unwelcome behavior that it seems worth a further
posting and discussion.

Scenario: (1) Create a Publisher page with one or more textboxes
containing text. (2) Add pictures and set wrapping as desired (Square;
Tight, etc). (3) Now choose the rectangle tool and choose it to add a
border around the entire page. Voila - the pictures now all float over
the text, regardless of the chosen wrapping.

Solution: Send the rectangle to the back.

The solution is not intuitively obvious, and - in my view - it should
not be necessary. Adding the rectangle should not impact picture
display the way it does. This seems to me to be a design bug that
Microsoft should look to fix. However, given that this is the current
behavior, for better or for worse, and it took a great deal of
searching to uncover Mary's post, perhaps the extra keywords in my
subject line will help future searchers find the answer more quickly.

Exchange 2003 Queue problem
My internal mail MS 2003 server - users being authenticated by the DC/DNS - has on occasion stopped sending messages? What I have done, a couple of times now, is re-start the Exchange Server (I have stopped and re-started services with on luck!). After re-starting all works just fine! Is anyone else running into this problem and might you know what is causing it? Thanks ahead. What does the SMTP protocol log say? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote in messag...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Printing graident fades and semi transparent objects in Publisher xp
Hello, I am having troubled printing certain objects in Publisher 2002. Example. I want to create a black rectangle layed over a photograph and have one side of the rectangle to fade to transparent so the photo shows through and blends in to that part of the rectangle. I draw a rectangle, go in to fill effects, slect the fill color as black and adjust the end "transparency" slider to max. On screen the picture looks perfect. The rectangle fades from solid to totally transparent. But, when I print... the fade does not print... the printer prints the fade as a normal opaque square....

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

how to find "auto reply in outlook 2003?"
how to find "auto reply in outlook 2003?" http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010347861033.aspx "outlook" <outlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4031ECB1-2DDF-438C-A8AA-A4065F830BE0@microsoft.com... > how to find "auto reply in outlook 2003?" ...

Report Designer on Visual Studio 2005: Is it possible without 2003?
Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 to design new reports on CRM? I can't publish them on CRM when I have only the Visual Studio 2005 installed on my machine. When I install the SRS Designer, the Wizard tells me that I do not have the Visual Studio 2003. Thanks in advance! You need VS to create report rdl file. Visual Studio 2005 should work. To publish report you can log into CRM to upload your report file. "Juliano" <tom@jager.com> wrote in message news:B5808A28-946C-4F78-92DF-1C965F74448A@microsoft.com... > Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2...

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Microsoft Money 2003
When I try to print a chart or report, I get the message "This program has caused a default, etc." and it shuts down. Can you give me some hints on how to correct this? Thanks Is this all reports or a particular one? If it's only one, try resetting the report. If that doesn't help, try it in a new file. If it does it in multiple files, you may need to try updating your printer driver or removing and reinstalling Money. "Mary J" <mjohns04@mail.win.org> wrote in message news:035001c377cc$e2e77840$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to print a chart or re...

adding combo to toolbar
Hi, I want to put a combo box on a toolbar. The following is my code. The combobox showed, but the size is not enlarged, it still the same size as other toolbar button. Can any one tell me how to fix this? Thanks int nToolBtnCnt = pToolBar->GetToolBarCtrl().GetButtonCount(); //convert last button to a seperator and get its position RECT lastBtnRect; UINT nID, nStyle; int nImage; pToolBar->GetButtonInfo( nToolBtnCnt-1, nID, nStyle, nImage ); pToolBar->SetButtonInfo( nToolBtnCnt-1, nID, TBBS_SEPARATOR, 160 ); pToolBar->GetItemRect( nToolBtnCnt-1, &lastBtnRect ); //expand the...

Publisher Doc cannot be saved?
In trying to save a new Publisher document to my files on C drive, it says unavailable that file may be locked, I have gotten this message several times on different sources, once with an Excel document that was sent by e-mail. As far as I know there are no locks or password protections on this system. Help !!!!! Thanks, Right-click the file, properties, clear read only. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Parish Secretary" <Parish Secretary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D02C09A...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Address Book in Outlook 2003
Help!!! I usualy group my contacts in groups of contacts. Today I setup a brand new computer and a fresh install of Outlook 2003. Everything went well except the in the contacts department in Outlook 2003. So here's what happened. I copied some contacts folders from my old personnal PST file and they did not appeared in the contact list available when you prepare an e-mail (you know when you press the To button) so I deleted them. Af ter that I toured the internet and I saw that the control mecahnisism is in right cliking each contact folders and selecting the box with "show a...

Adding Short Positions to an Investment Account
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0207_01C4AF68.0CACFE60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I recently started using Money 2005. I have a brokerage account that = does not support online synchronization with Money 2005.=20 There are two short positions in this account which I am trying to add = to Money after creating a new investment account. 300 shares short of XYZ 100 shares short of ABC How do I add these opening short positions ?=20 I tried the following but failed - Add Shares (-300) o...

Using an office program to replace an adding machine and tape
Our business uses adding machines on desks next to computers to create balancing tapes involving counting cash and checks (bookkeeping). Is there a program in office that can replace these conventional adding machines, creating a print out tape as well? Someone said that excel's formula function taxcal may be used for this, does anyone know what the best way it? Thank-you! On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:24:01 -0700, jimtmcdaniels <jimtmcdaniels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Our business uses adding machines on desks next to computers to create >balancing tapes involving c...

DPM 2010 Adding Resource Fails
I have a protection group that includes multiple Hyper-V VMs on a CSV. The DPM server has 2 SAN disks in the storage pool each being 2TB. DPM shows 2092.57GB of unallocated space but will not allow me to add any additional resources to the protection group. Throws the following error: Modify protection group: Hyper-V failed: Error 360: The operation failed due to a virtual disk service error Error details: VdsError:The specified disk extent size exceeds the size of free disk space. (0x80042515) Recommended action: Retry the operation. I just tried creating a new Protection Gr...

Border Art Button Missing in Dialog Box
I have 200 high school students working in Publisher 2003 on Windows XP SP3. SP3 was installed a few days ago. However, I don't know if this problem existed before then. We are on a Novell Network, but the program was installed locally from an image distribution. On some of our computers, the Border Art button is missing in the Format AutoShape and Format Text Box Dialog Boxes. The button was originally there. I have no clue how students removed the button. Can someone help me put the button back so that border art is available again? Can you tell me how the button was removed? ...

restore in 2003
I have a backup floppy and after reinstalling money 2003 I find that it will not restore, telling me that it is a read only file or blah, blah, blah. Actually I have a duplicate floppy and it will not restore either. Nowhere on the website or in the product help is there any answer to this. I did not create a protected backup file? MS support is VERY lacking, please help!!! Have you called them? All it costs is the telephone toll. I've had good experience with telephone support for issues such as you describe. -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL "tom" <anonymous@dis...

adding additional attributes not working with exchange 2003
Hi all, I'm still learning and have approx. 10 scripts that do what I need them to do, but now Boss wants exports to include either sAMAccountName, or legacyExchangeDN, or mailNickname? I have tried to include those attributes and I'm assuming because they are not in the same class is why they are not retrieving the data. I"m hoping someone will be able to help me figure this out. Thanks, J0seg I know...it would help if I show you the script I currently have... $day = Get-Date -UFormat "%Y%m%d" $computers = "exch02","exch03" G...

Invoice Designer Problem
When I save one of the standard invoice templates so that I can modify it, the invoice detail area (item, description, hours, rate, total) improperly formats the text. In particular, the description field does not wrap properly and it cuts off words on the right edge of the description field. My system has IE 6.1 with SP1 in case this makes a difference. ...

Clip Organiser Problems 2003
When ever I try to search for or load a clip art onto my publisher programme I recieve the following: "Clip Organiser cannot complete the operation The Server threw an exception ERROR Code 0X80010105" I have found that downloaded clips fail to load onto my computer leaving empty files. Any Ideas as to the problem - should I re-install the programme? Clip2002: "Clip Organizer Cannot Complete the Operation, Unspecified Error 0x80004005" Error Message When You Use Clip Organizer http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328166 Not exactly the same error, but...

office outlook 2003
Whenever a new meeting request is chosen and sent to appropriate recipients, an extra line of text appears at the receiver's email (see below). #BugFix:15 I do not know where in outlook to delete/disable this line of text, as users are getting confused seeing it in their email. Not a part of Outlook - look to third party installations that work with Outlook such as an anti-spam application. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be del...