add personal message to e-mail newsletter

I've created a newsletter in Publisher, but there does not appear to be any
way to add a personal greeting to each recipient. Am I wrong?
0
Lynne (43)

Setup a database with your personal greeting and the recipients name. Then use
mail merge.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Lynne" <Lynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've created a newsletter in Publisher, but there does not appear to be any
> way to add a personal greeting to each recipient. Am I wrong?

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Error in Oulook 2003 when I click on the new mail icon
The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persist, restart Outlook. I have deal with this error in more the few machines and the only way that I have found to resolve it is (not too easy) new install of windows talking after formatting. If anyone know better way solution is appreciated. Does this article help: Error Message When You Open E-Mail Message That You Saved with Outlook 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823579&Product=out2003 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

How do I print an envelope when this message appears, "PCL XL erro
I am unable to print my envelope design on Publisher. What I get is a printout with the following: PCL XL error Subsystem: KERNEL Error: IllegalAttribute Operator: SetPageScale Position: 5 Have you tried updating your printer drivers? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "rookie04" <rookie04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:001AFA77-5D17-4218-94FD-002C07E17A54@microsoft.com... >I am unable to print my envelope design on Publisher. What I get is a > printout with the following: > > PCL XL error > ...

Errors in printing HTML e-mails
Hello and I hope that someone out there can help me out. I have a client where his computer is unable to print out HTML documents. Only Outlook can print in Rich Text or plain but not in HTML. A window appears before you can get to the appropriate printer. The error are as follows. +++++ An error has occurred in the script on this page Line 1344 Char: 1 Error: Unspecified Code: 0 URL: res:C:\\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg +++++ It asks me to continue with the script and it does not matter whether you choose yes or no, there is no print outs. I have checked with this web sit...

Block Message
What is the best way of preventing WM_USER messages from external window(i want to block one particular windows WM_USER+100 message) is hook necessary?if yes then which hook is the best?or is there any other way? Thanks zidansoft@gmail.com wrote: > What is the best way of preventing WM_USER messages from external > window(i want to block one particular windows WM_USER+100 message) > is hook necessary?if yes then which hook is the best?or is there any > other way? > Thanks Have you tried using registered messages from within your own application so you don't ev...

Excel formula to add color filled entries
I have been trying to figure out a formula so it will add only the specified color filled entries. EX. I have a spreadsheet of 2000 lines. I want it to add the 75 lines that I have highlighted yellow. Anyone have an aswer for me? Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html Processing Coloured Cells -- HTH RP "Fustrated in Edmonton" <Fustrated in Edmonton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8970AF2F-B942-42CD-AF5C-3713BCEC92BC@microsoft.com... > I have been trying to figure out a formula so it will add only the specified >...

OE shuts down during "find message"
I have tried reinstalling the program to solve this and it doesn'thelp. Every time I go into "find message" for a message search, I get this error message: AppName: msimn.exe / AppVer: 6.0.2800.123 / ModName: directdb.dll / Offset: 0000556c / and Express shuts down. Please advise. "R. Visser" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:427f01c42b66$a0f7f600$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have tried reinstalling the program to solve this and it > doesn'thelp. Every time I go into "find message" for a > message search, I g...

Installing Exchange E-Mail Router
I am trying to install the Exchange E-Mail Router for CRM on our Exchange server. When I come to the "Select Installation Location" dialog box, I am supposed to select as the web site "Microsoft CRM Version 1.2 WebSite" from the drop down box. However, this web does not appear as a list item in the drop down box. Instead, all I see are "Default Web Site" and a Symantec NAV web site that resides on the local Exchange server. So it appears that my selections are limited to webs on the local Exchange box. How can I specify the "Microsoft CRM Version 1.2 We...

Add menu options via Developer Toolkit
Is it possible to add menu items to standard GP 9.0 menus using the Developer Toolkit? For instance, there is the following menu in GP: \Tools\Routines\Sales\ I would like to add a custom option at the bottom of this menu (below "Checklists"). Can this be done from VB.NET via the Developer Toolkit? If so, how? Thanks, Chris Chris, This question has been asked quite a number of times in this newsgroup. The answer is that Dexterity is the only application that can add to the GP menu structure. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with n...

Can a macro be written to launch a pre-canned e-mail?
I need to launch an e-mail quickly with as few key strokes as possible. The e-mail needs to have a pre-canned subject line, a simple pre-canned message body and, a follow up flag. I have a template but also need to set the Follow up flag each time I send it and this has proven more time consuming than is practical for this application. Can a macro be written to open the template and set the follow up flag to the current date and 1 minute forward from the current time? Most of the time the message will be sent with just that. On occasion I may need to add a word or two to the subject...

Add fields to Activities list
Hi, Does anybody know how to add fields to the Activities lists in CRM? Under System Customization there is a list of Record Types that can be modified, but Activities does not show up in the list. Am I looking in the wrong place? Michael Nope, there is no supported way to customize activities. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Does anybody know how to add fields to the Activities >lists in CRM? Under System Customization there is a list >of Record Types that can be modified, but Activities does >not show up in the list. Am I looking in the wrong place? > ...

Incoming mail w/mult addressees. How do I move them to the addr bo
With our new Outlook Express I cannot figure out how to get all the addressees of a given e-mail in to my address book - or - contacts. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, janeh asked: | With our new Outlook Express I cannot figure out how to get all the | addressees of a given e-mail in to my address book - or - contacts. | Any help is appreciated. | Thanks.Try posting this in an O...

Cannot attach files to out going e-mail in Outlook 2000
When I attempt to attach my resume' to outgoing e-mail in Outlook I recieve the following message "Can't create file:XXXX.XXX Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." I'm running windows 2000 and I have made sure that all file permissions are set properly. Any ideas would be helpful. CRPolk ...

prohibit send&receive message although the user hasn't reach the l
Hi all, Exchange2003 native mode: We have one user who gets a prohibit send&receive message every morning (limit:300MB) but she has only 50MB in her mailbox (showed by Outlook and ESM). Also the user can send, no further effects, just the mail. Curious: when I track the mail (or investigate the header) the mail has been initiated by another server in our organisation, not the server the mailbox relies. Believing the user there was no known mailbox move in the past, no change of her mailbox configuration recently. As first step I moved the mailbox to another store to filter possible ...

Filter rule for empty mails
Hello, For some time I have been receiving spam mails with a special characteristic: they are completely empty, sometimes even the header is missing. The mail server does not filter them and Outlook (2003) lets them through. How can I define a rule to have these empty mails automatically sent to the recycle bin? Thanks. Sveta How have you defined your rules and is Outlook's junk filter set to high? I have had several of these types of mails go automatically to the Junk Senders folder where they are deleted as soon as I see them. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies t...

Mouse doesn't work in personal address book
I have just reinstalled windowsnt and outlook 2000 on the workstations. The scroll wheel on the mouse (MS Intellimouse) no longer works in the personal address books. It did before. I have tried the scroll wheel fixit wizard to no avail. Any suggestions? I have some very unhappy folks out there. Thanks in advance. ...

Add chart
Hi, Can anybody find what is wrong with this code? It will just make a empty chartobject. I believe the ranges are ok, it probably is some bad syntax or object reference... The code should make a chart with two series of xlColumnClustered and one serie of xlLineMarkers. Thank you /tskogstrom --------------------------------------- CODE: Sub UppdateChartCF() Dim cht As Chart Set cht = Sheet1.ChartObjects("R_CF").Chart On Error Resume Next '(if no chartobject) Sheet1.ChartObjects("R_CF").Delete On Error GoTo EndCode 'Left and Top location = named ranges With Shee...

Printing an Email Message (but only 1 page)
Hi, when I go to print an email (in Microsoft Outlook), I press "file", then "print", and usually I get a window asking "Print pages -- "all" or "page numbers.." etc, but I don't always get this screen. Sometimes, (depending on the email), I get "print all pages, print only odd pages, or print only even pages". How can I only print the current page, all the time? Thank you! ...

Lost Outlook e-mails when reinstalling Windows XP
After installing a newer version of Windows XP my e-mails were put in a new folder. Most of my files were in a folder which was named after me (George Nielsen). But the new installation created a new folder which was named after me with a suffix. Somehow (I do not remember how) I managed to move files and folders from the new one to the old. When deleting the new folder, my name plus s suffix, a dialogue box asked whether I wanted to save information, and I clicked Yes. Unfortunately I could not find subsequently my e-mail. When trying to import with Outlook I only managed to retriev...

Send mail in WLM
I just got a new computer using WLM. I imported my settings from Outlook Express. I can receive mail fine and all the settings look correct, but I can't send mail. I get the following message.. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: Social Committee' Server: 'smtp.comcast.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 10013 What am I missing? Change port 25 to port 587, and make sure you have send authentication enabled. Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, = Servers...

Program Sending on behalf of message
We have a program we developed that needs to send emails using outlook and we need to disable the security warning - A program is trying to automatically send email on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? ...

Consolidation of Mail Servers
Hi, I have to replace 2 of 6 exchange 2003 mail servers with 1 new email server (so i would have 4 intotal at the end). I am planning to setup the new exchange 2003 server, add it to the organisation as a totally new mail server, then i am planning to move all resources/mailboxes from the 2 mail servers that i am taking out, and only after all resources are re-homed on the new server will i un-install exchange from them. Am I on the right track or am I missing something? Thanks, That sounds find, just make sure one of those servers that you are retiring was not the first Exchange ...

Restored archived messages- Headers but no Body
Imported archived messages I see the header but not the body. When I double click it says you must download to view. Help I need these emails. Is there another way to see .pst files Shay <joshua@channelintegration.com> wrote: > Imported archived messages I see the header but not the body. When I > double click it says you must download to view. Help I need these > emails. > Is there another way to see .pst files File>Open>Outlook Data File is the best way to open a PST. -- Brian Tillman ...

can't send messages #4
Since installing XP service pack 2, I sporadically, and ever more frequently, receive the following message from Sending and Receiving: Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC65) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ? 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA'. My emails are stuck in the Outbox. This is the 2nd time this happens in the past 2 weeks, and I don't know what to do. My hosting service ...

3rd party hosting e-mail with local Exchange Server
Good evening! I have a silly question. Here is the situation: A company has an internal Exchange Server (2003 Standard SP2) but also has a third party hosting their e-mail (MX record points to the third party hosting company). Outlook 2003 is configured with two profiles. The first one (default) is a POP3/SMTP profile that points to the hosting company (so, pop.company.com and smtp.company.com) and the second profile is the 'Exchange' profile. The storage location used to be a local "outlook.pst" but this has recently been changed to the user's mailbox. My que...

Drag and Drop message works in some folders, not in others
Using Outlook 2003, installed over Outlook 2002, PST file for delivery location, no Exchange server, I can drag an email to some folders and not to others. I can't find anything different between the ones that work and the ones that don't. Any tips on where to look or what to change would be helpful. TIA, Dave Do you get any error messages? Are these always the same folders? If so; which ones? Have you already cleared your Deleted Items folder? and ran scanpst.exe against your pst-file? -- Roady www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outloo...