activation on multiple computers

My copy of MS Publisher DLX v. 2002  is reinstalled on a
new 2nd computer. The Activation Wizard says I need to
activate it to function fully. So I follow the directions
to go on-line to do so..."According to our records,
Publisher has been activated on another computer. What is
wrong with operating it on a new computer? Do I need to
purchase a special licence to operate it on a
newer 'puter? And where is the "Customer Support Rep"? and
the email address for him?
0
anonymous (74722)

A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
Will0131 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> My copy of MS Publisher DLX v. 2002  is reinstalled on a
> new 2nd computer.

The license for Publisher states that you may install your copy of Publisher
on *one desktop* computer and *one portable* computer, *provided that they
are not in use concurrently*.  If it is a second desktop computer, or a
second notebook computer, then you are not licensed, and will need to buy a
second copy of Publisher.
If it is a portable computer in addition to a desktop, or vice-versa, then
you will need to use the Phone Activation option and explain the situation
to the customer service rep there.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)
4/5/2004 8:49:49 AM
If you have removed the Publisher program from the first computer, then use the phone
number on the activation window, tell them the circumstances. It is quick and
painless.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Will0131" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My copy of MS Publisher DLX v. 2002  is reinstalled on a
> new 2nd computer. The Activation Wizard says I need to
> activate it to function fully. So I follow the directions
> to go on-line to do so..."According to our records,
> Publisher has been activated on another computer. What is
> wrong with operating it on a new computer? Do I need to
> purchase a special licence to operate it on a
> newer 'puter? And where is the "Customer Support Rep"? and
> the email address for him?

0
laserdog (1122)

Select multiple adjacent cells of multiple cells without selecting
Select multiple adjacent cells of multiple cells without selecting adjacent cells one by one. those cells looks like; |Column A1 |Column A2| |random characters | A | |sjsjsjsjskkskskskk | B | |wtwuwuwuuusisis | A | |wuuuuusiwuwuwiu| A | |euuuuuuuuuuuuuuu| B | I am trying to select A1 cells that's adjacent of A2 cells without selecting A1 cells one by one. Thank you for your help. I am trying to select A1 cells that's adjacent of "B" cells without selecting A1 cells one by one > I...

Activate code after Manager logs in
I want to activate some of my code when Manager logs in to Store Operation Manager. Currently I am using Hook Type StartManager=12 but this activates before Manager logs in. Is there any hook type that will activate my code after the manager logs in ? Waiting for ur reply Vicky... :-) ...

multiple lookups?
I have a sheet wherein Column A contains list of Products and Column B contains it's price Multiple products may have the same price Elsewhere, if the user selects a particular price, is it possible to feature its corresponding products (by data validation drop down or any other way) Jackson, I don't know wether this will do for you, but from what I understand of your posting I would use a filter on your range of products and prices. (Select (a cell within) your datarange and then Data / Filter / Autofilter). By filtering on the price you then get the records of all products with t...

Closing CRM activities
Hi, I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me to close CRM activities (Tasks in particular). I am using C# code to create an activity and I am trying to use the statecode and statuscode fields to save the activity as closed. my code is below createReq.Target = task; CreateResponse createRes = (CreateResponse)service.Execute(createReq); SetStateTaskRequest sstr = new SetStateTaskRequest(); sstr.EntityId = createRes.id; sstr.TaskStatus = 4; sstr.TaskState = TaskState.Completed; SetStateTaskResponse sstres =(SetStateTaskResponse)service.Execute(s...

Setting archive rules on Multiple folders??
Hi there, I have about 100 or so folders and sub-folders etc in my PST file... Into which I organise all the emails I handle. I want to set up archiving rules on them. As far as I can tell the only two ways I can do this is 1) Set the DEFAULT rule and apply it to ALL FOLDERS in one swoop. 2) Set the Archive setting on each individual folder. Option 1 is not much use to me because I need different settings on various folders... many I don't even want archived. Option 2 is going to take a really really long time... because I am not able to select more than one folder at a time nor can I...

Sending messages to multiple people as if each one is sole recipie
Any way to send a message to multiple people as if each one is the only one receiving the message? Do I have to get third party mailmerge software to do this? If so, what software do people recommend? You would do this by using a mail merge to electronic mail. Outlook uses Word for performing mail merge functions such as Form Letters, mailing labels, envelopes, and fax or email merges. For an overview of these functions take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/printlabel.htm http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/mailmerge.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011186...

Using COUNTIF (specific cells over multiple sheets) � can anyone help?
Hi I�d be really grateful if someone could assist me in how to �formula the below: I have twelve identically formatted worksheets (�A� through to �J�) In each of the cells B6:F6, B10:F10, B14:F14, B18:F18 & B22:F22 on eac sheet there will be a different one of 5 words (each word can and wil occur more than once within the above range). For the purpose of thi exercise I need to ignore the text in the other rows (eg 7-9, 11-1 etc). What I need to tally on a separate sheet within the workbook is ho many times each of the five words occur in the group above (eg B6:F6 B10:F10, B14:F14, B...

Multiple File Upload not availabe
Hi, if we open our Sharepoint-Site from the Server itself, multiple fileupload is available. If we use the external URL, this option ist not available. The firewall securing the server forwards port 80 and there is no content-filtering. Any suggestions? Best Regards Markus ------=_NextPart_0001_5C320766 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Are you blocking any javascripts in the browser? Check the browser settings in the machine where you are trying to open the site. Harish K ------=_NextPart_0001_5C320766 Content-Type: text/x-rtf Content-...

multiple charts from a single pivot table
Hi can i create several pivot charts from a single pivot table? Nope. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Yossi evenzur" wrote: > Hi > can i create several pivot charts from a single pivot table? No, but you can copy the pivot table to create another which uses the same pivot cache, so they will refresh in synch with each other, and share any grouping and calculated fields. Filtering won't be synchronised though, so you may want to either automate that with macros or use formaulas to check for bas...

multiple value lookups
How do you do a lookup with multiple values "will" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:372DE651-4DB6-4823-90C8-6625C176133E@microsoft.com... > How do you do a lookup with multiple values Your question could have been clearer! If you want to do a two-dimensional lookup, this formula looks up A1(row) and B1 (column) in an array named 'Table': =INDEX(Table,MATCH(A1,INDEX(Table,,1),0),MATCH(B1,INDEX(Table,1,),0)) If you want to do a double-column lookup, this formula looks up D1 in column A and E1 in column B, returning the column C value corr...

multiplication table
is there a way to automaticly fill in a multiplication table? In Cells A2 to A13 I have 1, 2, 3...11,12. I then have 1 in B1, 2 in C1, 3 in D1, etc. Or in other words, numbers 1-12 going down column A (starting at A2) and numbers 1-12 going across row 1 (starting at B1). Is there a way to fill this entire thing in with one formula and dargging? I know "=A$2*B1" will work for the entire row, but not the whole table. Thanks guys, Robbi =$A2*B$1 will work for the whole table. On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:21:02 -0800, "Robbi777" <Robbi777@discussions.microsoft.c...

Active Directory Query
Guys, I have a list of users in a .csv file. The users are listed via firstName, lastName Is there anyway I can use dsquery or any other tools to grab the user's login id after it's compared to the name? Normally for a single name I would do something like dsquery user -name "Nik Test" | dsget user -samid Win2003 sp2 Thanks use for loop in a batch script or u can use Power Shell too (that will give u very good formatting option) for /F "delims=;" %i in (User_List.txt) do dsquery user -name "%i" | dsget user -samid >> C:\Temp.tx...

Formatting toolbar won't stay active
I have Windows XP with Office XP, Outlook 2002. When I reply or forward an e-mail, I select view, toolbars, advanced and use the formatting buttons in the e-mail. However, when I reply or forward the next e-mail, the toolbar has disappeared. Any ideas on what might cause this or how can I get the tool bar to stay active when I reply or forward e-mails? "David" <david.king@hq.doe.gov> wrote in message news:03c201c365c7$5e440840$a401280a@phx.gbl > I have Windows XP with Office XP, Outlook 2002. When I > reply or forward an e-mail, I select view, toolbars, > adv...

How to activate "New" tab in Dataform through VB Code
Hi, Range("A1").Select ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm The above lines will show the data form in the active sheet in Excel. How can it be written so that the form is ready to accept new record. (Or as if the "New" tab in the form is clicked) Thank You. Check your earlier post for a possible answer -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "shajueasow" <shajueasow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F382C641-BDEB-4AE8-A8DD-D2E745857A90@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Range("A1").Select > ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm > > The above lines wil...

Multiple Appointement
Hi, How can I create multiple appointement, if those appointement are NOT always happening at the same interval and or day -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin I use drag and drop = create one appointment, close it and then copy it to an other days with right mouse Paukkule "Martin Racette" kirjoitti: > Hi, > > How can I create multiple appointement, if those appointement are NOT always > happening at the same interval and or day > > -- > Thank you in Advance > > Merci a l'Avance > > Martin > > > ...

Money Plus v-e-r-y slow to start, continually asks for activation
I'm using Money Plus with Vista SP1. Money Plus takes several minutes to start and continuously asks me to activate, which I have multiple times. Once running it seems OK. I can't be sure whether this is related to my installing SP1 recently; I don't know if Money ever ran normally after installing SP1 but I've been using it for several months now with no problems. Any ideas? Thanks John Have you updated Money with all Internet Updates? If you remove modules--for temporary--from the home page, is there on in particular that makes it perform much better? Have you heard of ...

CRM 3.0 Advanced Find multiple data search using multiple value
I read from the "Microsoft CRM3 for Dummies" book that we can search a multiple value by type in ; (i.e. I am looking for accounts in CA, NY, PA, etc.) but it doesn't work. I believe this is a bug, can you please advise if this can be fixed? I don't want to keep typing in same thing and creating multiple lines with each value I am looking for and having to group them in. I have e-mailed about this to Joel Scott who wrote this book about 5 monthes ago but didn't get a reply. Thanks, Joyce Hi Joyce, I think you need to do multiple Condition statements, Address1: ...

Chart Covering Info from Multiple Sheets
I have survey data and each sheet holds the scores from a certain week for each of the 11 questions. I want to make 11 line charts that will show the answers over time for each question. For instance, chart 1 would be question 1. A week would be the x value of each point and the y value would be the average score for that question. The score is in the same cell on each sheet it that makes a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Zach I moved this here because I wasn't getting any replies in the chart section. -- OlYeller21 --------------------------------------------------...

Unhide multiple sheets at the same time
All, I need your help: I have a lot of Exls work book I need to unhide sheets in. Each work book contains 15 sheets out of which 14 of them must be deleted and all of the 14 are hidded sheets. How do I select all hidden sheets and delete at the same time? Thanks you'll. Shouldn't need to unhide first Sub deletehiddensheets() Application.DisplayAlerts = False For i = Sheets.Count To 2 Step -1 If Sheets(i).Visible = False Then Sheets(i).Delete Next i End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "alish" <alish@discussions.micr...

My computer does not ask for password.
I just signed up for outlook and it does not ask for a logon to get into e-mail, Did you set a password on your .pst file? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jjoojjiimm asked: | I just signed up for outlook and it does not ask for a logon to get | into e-mail, ...

Active directory schema
Hi Can someone tell me if Windows 2000 servers active directory schema is updated in any way after you install MS CRM? Hi, The AD schema is not updated. Only users and groups and their authorizations are stored in the AD. Regards, Bart. >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >Can someone tell me if Windows 2000 servers active directory schema is >updated in any way after you install MS CRM? > > >. > Not to mention an OU hierarchy that mimicks the Business Units created in CRM. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ----------------------------...

multiple font formatting to a single cell
Hello, I am trying to use superscript in a cell to just one number not the entire text in that cell. I can format it ok, and the formatting is there. However, once I hit the enter key, the formatting to the one number disappears. I'm new to xp's version of excel. I used to be able to do it in earlier versions of excel. Example: salary 2. I only want to add superscript to the number 2. Is there a way to do this in xp? Thanks ...

How to use multiple if statements?
Does Excel 2002 offer something that will replace using multiple if statements (if that is possible)? Say I am calculating state taxes. If income meets a certain range, I apply a specific tax amount. I need a way to test that the income is within the range. How can this be done? Thanks, Brett Hi maybe something like =IF(AND(A1>1,A1<=100),1,IF(AND(A1>100,A1<=200,2,3)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Brett" <account@cygen.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c003b25a.0405151136.2833671a@posting.google.com... > Does Excel 2002 offer something that will...

Query: convert multiple logical fields into single 2 character text result
I've solved this particular puzzle, although I'd like to find a better solution than mine. So my emergency is resolved, nevertheless if you like puzzles, please read on... The school district wants a CSV file with fields in a specific order and with specific formatting. Here are the seven possible results for EthnicCd: 2 Char where ML = Multiple Races UN = Unknown or Declined to Report IN = American Indian or Alaskan Native AS = Asian or Pacific Islander BL = African American HI = Hispanic WH = White Our "People" database contains eight ethnicity Yes/No...

YahooStore Multiple Visa Cards
------------------------------------- Does anybody know if it is possible to use multiple credit cards of the same type (eg VISA) in an internet order using the YahooStore format? I have an order that has the payment split between 2 Visa cards and when opening the imported order in POS only the second credit card shows up in the Tender screen. I believe my XML is correct, and the Tender Type is set to 'allow multiple entries' in the Manager. Here is the XML for this order: <Order currency="USD" id="FC-101961"> <Time>Tuesday, April 7, 2009 11:04:52...