Accessing my web site on Publisher

Hello,
I'm new to discussion groups so when I make a mistake, please forgive!  I
just installed Professional Office 2003 and there is soooo much to learn.

My question is :  How do I make changes or add pages to my website when I
cannot find it on my computer after it was reformatted?  Hope my question is
not too dumb for this group.  I'm not well versed in computers also.

Oh, and I saw a post which said you shouldn't use Publisher to fix your
website.  Isn't Publisher an easier version of Front Page which is what I
used on my site.

Thank you so much for any suggestions and replies.
--
Sincerely,
Linda

Linda,

Publisher is not an earlier version of FrontPage. Publisher is a desktop
publishing program that Microsoft inadvisedly added a semblance of web
publishing capabilities. FrontPage is a Web authoring program. If the
additional dollars is a problem, there is the free open source Web authoring
program named Nvu. It can be downloaded at http://www.nvu.com

Good luck to you!
"Rolin Ridge" <RolinRidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I'm new to discussion groups so when I make a mistake, please forgive!  I
> just installed Professional Office 2003 and there is soooo much to learn.
>
> My question is :  How do I make changes or add pages to my website when I
> cannot find it on my computer after it was reformatted?  Hope my question
> is
> not too dumb for this group.  I'm not well versed in computers also.
>
> Oh, and I saw a post which said you shouldn't use Publisher to fix your
> website.  Isn't Publisher an easier version of Front Page which is what I
> used on my site.
>
> Thank you so much for any suggestions and replies.
> --
> Sincerely,
> Linda

0
Chuck
10/26/2006 9:42:33 PM
Thank you Chuck.  I "think" I understand.  I do have front page, and your'e
right, I just thought Publisher looked just the same as Front Page.
--
Sincerely,
Linda

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

> Linda,
>
> Publisher is not an earlier version of FrontPage. Publisher is a desktop
> publishing program that Microsoft inadvisedly added a semblance of web
> publishing capabilities. FrontPage is a Web authoring program. If the
> additional dollars is a problem, there is the free open source Web authoring
> program named Nvu. It can be downloaded at http://www.nvu.com
>
> Good luck to you!
> "Rolin Ridge" <RolinRidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > I'm new to discussion groups so when I make a mistake, please forgive!  I
> > just installed Professional Office 2003 and there is soooo much to learn.
> >
> > My question is :  How do I make changes or add pages to my website when I
> > cannot find it on my computer after it was reformatted?  Hope my question
> > is
> > not too dumb for this group.  I'm not well versed in computers also.
> >
> > Oh, and I saw a post which said you shouldn't use Publisher to fix your
> > website.  Isn't Publisher an easier version of Front Page which is what I
> > used on my site.
> >
> > Thank you so much for any suggestions and replies.
> > --
> > Sincerely,
> > Linda

How do I access my company outlook from my home computer?
I would like to work from home but I need to be able to access my company email that uses outlook and read them from my home computer. You will have to ask your administrators how to do that. They usually have security in place which prevents just anyone accessing the network. They may have Outlook Anywhere, OWA, or other options if Exchange server is not used. They will be able to give you the information you need. Where I work, we offer OWA (Outlook Web Access, available over the internet) but you must use a keyfob with a changing digital number sequence to identify yourself and...

WEb Query... help!
Using Office XP I am creating a web query that pulls down a <name>.ttx file from a web page. When I normally browse to the web page in IE and hit the link to this file it only gives me the File Download box with the standard "Open file from it's Current Location" or "Save this File to Disk" options. I go into Excel and do Import External Data from the Data Menu and select New Web Query. I browse to this site and try to get it to import the *.ttx file. When I click on the link for that file it again gives me the "Open file from it's Current Location&qu...

Exchange Web Mail
I have just inherited a problem with Microsoft Exchange. The Outlook Web Access frequently goes down, not allowing my outside sales people to be able to log into outlook. The only "fix" is to reboot the server. How can I find the cause to this problem and get it fixed permanently? Are any of the clients running Outlook 2003? If that is the case, check out MS KB-818709 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=818709 /Rasmus ...

Outlook Web Access #54
Any ideas on how to keep an Outlook Web Access session active on the user side other than hitting the inbox button or refreshing the page manually? There is no setting to poll mail at a selected interval. TIA, Dennis ============== The Exchange Admin can set the timeouts for OWA sessions - I would = repost this in microsoft.public.exchange.admin or .clients as it is a = part of Exchange, not Outlook. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Remove XX's asked: | Any ideas on how to keep an O...

object oriented programming references in connection with Access
Hi, I have decided to make the transition and apply object oriented techniques in my database using classes and all that stuff but I have some difficulty. The problem is that most books deal with the subject in a quite superficial way, exposing the reader to the basic principles of oop only but fail to go into any depth. In real life, forms do not contain only textboxes based on a single table, they also include combo boxes based on look up tables, list boxes based on union queries, filters, option buttons, tab controls, subforms, to mention just a few. Real life is a lot more complic...

URL for OWA if web services are hosted at ISP
Hi! I am installing Exchange 03 (with Win SBS 03) and our web site is hosted by our ISP. Email will be on our server, SMTP, Exchange. My question is, when we install OWA, it's URL is http://company.com.au/exchange, how is that going to be resolved as www.company.com.au is at ISP server. I asked them and they didn't know how they should handle this. The same goes for OMA, Sharepoint etc. So, the company's home page and all related internet services on their site, but all email, remote access etc. web services on our server - what we need to do to congigure that? Thanks!!! -- ...

Web Store Interface to RMS
Is anyone running a web store interfaced with RMS? What product did you purchase? What was good or bad about the project? Any recommendations? Thank you SC I recently decided to expand into online sales. After a great deal of research, I opted to buy a license for Taber Pro. There was minimal grief in setting it up, and the programmer of the software helped me personally via email. Most importantly, the price tag on Taber Pro is much lower than some other options I considered such as having software custom made. You can get more info on Taber at http://www.taberpro.com/ &quo...

M$ Publisher
Hi... My printer can't do both sides!!! How can I get M$ Publisher 2002 to print ALL THE EVEN pages... then I'll turn the paper over and re-feed printing ALL THE ODD pages??? M$ Word give me the option... why not Publisher!???? Thanks in advance Steve Steve <smking139@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How can I get M$ Publisher 2002 to print ALL THE EVEN pages... then > I'll turn the paper over and re-feed printing ALL THE ODD pages??? > > M$ Word give me the option... why not Publisher!???? a) Referring to Microsoft as M$ is rather juvenil...

Publisher 2007 Task Pane
Hello, For the longest time I have been having this strange problem. Both Publisher and Excel's Task Pane refuse to display anything. It is just dead space, and I cant click there, change anything at all. I have not been able to find any info on this anywhere! please help! I have screenshots, if necessary. Have you tried a "Office Diagnostics" in the Help menu? Right-click any tool bar, uncheck task bar, right-click again and check the task bar. Does the task bar say "Format Publication?" There is a chevron on the top of this pane with a drop down, can you acce...

how do i make a footer in Publisher
I am new to Publisher, but in the other Microsoft software I can show in the footer both the current page number and the total number of pages in the document. Can I do this in Publisher and how do I do it. Thanks Sharyn After you Insert, page numbers. View, Master page, type page # of XXX, (page 1 of 199) -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Sharyn Bir" <Sharyn Bir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF0833E5-35A6-4304-A551-6ABCE7346DF3@microsoft.com... >I am new to Publisher, but in the other Microsoft software I can show in the > footer both t...

import dynamic info from web Excel 2007
I am trying to import a table from a website into Excel that automatically refreshes and can be used in formulas. I was successful in doing this with a currency exchange website, but am having difficulty with this website in particular: http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/energy/crude-oil/light-sweet-crude.html I did the following steps: from the Ribbon DATA FROM WEB http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/energy/crude-oil/light-sweet-crude.html CLICKED FIRST YELLOW ARROW TO THE LEFT AND ABOVE "MONTH" OPTIONS - FULL HTML FORMATTING IMPORT PROPERTIES OVERWRITE EXISTING CEL...

c# and hyper access
hi there does anybody have any examples or a good link using c# to control Hyperaccess that is hyperterminals big brother thanks Hello, Have you tried the vendor website ? They seems to have an API manual : http://www.hilgraeve.com/support/manuals.html -- Patrice "analizer1" <dvs_bis@sbcglobal.net> a �crit dans le message de news:uZiZZUBjKHA.2780@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > hi there > does anybody have any examples or a good link > using c# to control Hyperaccess > that is hyperterminals big brother > > thanks > > ...

W2K / Graphics for publisher 2000
I just installed windows 2000 profesional and office 2000 which includes publisher 2000 unfortunately I noticed now that publisher can not download several graphic formats, and it is indicating that " the graphic file may be corrupted or published failed to load a graphic converter" It was was advised to set-up publisher again which I did and the problen did not go away, also I had set publisher to load the graphic converter from my computer and the problem persist.. Is there anyone that had encountered the same proble ? please help me \ Thanks, Luis G. Guevara Whilst attem...

Links in e-mails to other web sites are VERY slow
I posted this request a few days ago, but I still haven't resolved the problem. Maybe someone else has an idea? When someone sends me a link to another website in an e- mail, outlook 2002 is very slow (30 + seconds) to send me to that site. Internet Explorer does not respond slowly by itself. Outlook didn't always respond so slowly, so something must have changed. I tried to remedy the problem by archiving old data in Outlook, erasing all old internet and cookie files from Internet Explorer, and disabling instant messaging, but nothing has worked. I use Hotmail for my mai...

MS Access 2003 Question Opening MS Word file
Is there a way to tell Access to open a MS Word file in the same path where the database is physically located? If so, how would you write the command in VB? Thank you! Application.FollowHyperlink CurrentProject.Path & "\SomeFile.doc" -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "NFL" <NFL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:842A9AE4-A399-4907-8951-81AF68233169@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to tell Access to open a MS Word file in the same path > where > the database is physi...

Access bug?
Hi all. This code: Private Sub cboNamen_AfterUpdate() Dim intRowCount As Integer Dim dblLicenceFee As Double Dim intSelectCount As Integer dblLicenceFee = 0# intSelectCount = 0 For intRowCount = 0 To Me![cboNamen].Recordset.RecordCount - 1 If (Me![cboNamen].Selected(intRowCount) = True) Then dblLicenceFee = dblLicenceFee + CDbl(Me![cboNamen].Column(2, intRowCount)) intSelectCount = intSelectCount + 1 End If Next intRowCount If (intSelectCount = 0) Then MsgBox "No licence selected!", vbInformation Else Me![tx...

CRM Mobile Express Web Site Setup
I've installed Mobile Express, and am able to access it within the network. I am unclear how to make it work outside the firewall. I haven't entered a Host Header, nor have I configured an SSL port. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Please check out this link: How to implement SSL in IIS http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/299875 If this is for production, I would highly recommand talking with a IT/Network Security partner to ensure that it is properly setup and at the security level you are comfortable with. Good luck. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia,...

asp.net webpart access to data bound to control using ITemplate cl
I have a c# 2008 asp web part with a Datalist for which I have defined my own template. I have done this by creating a class that implements ITemplate. After I get some data I use the ITemplate class to create the control so I can add it back in the web part. This is the problem, for a label (lblHH) in the Datalist I need to compare the label’s text to a string held in ViewState["SearchHighlight"]. I use a procedure declared in the web part to compare and highlight matching words. I use the ITemplate class to create the Datalist class DatalistColumns : ITemplate ...

custom backgrounds in Publisher 2002?
I want to create custom backgrounds and have them added to the backgroung choices in Publisher 2002. I was able to add 4 custom backgrounds but no more than that. How can I add more? R, I have been working in Publisher quite a bit lately and I just added the graphics files into the same folder as the other backgrounds and it seems to have worked. I'm just a user, certainly not an expert so, sorry if I've butted in where I don't belong. S "ryjack" wrote: > I want to create custom backgrounds and have them added to the backgroung > choices in Publisher 200...

Outlook Web Access and disk usage stat
Is there any way for a user to see how much space their using with Outlook Web Access (2003)? I couldn't find it. How about 2007? Lynne.Seamans@millersville.edu Millersville University OWA in itself doesn't use any "space"...the size of the mailbox can be found in the ESM, under the appropriate database/Mailboxes... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Lynne Seamans" <Lynne.Seamans@millersville.edu> wrote in message news:er5lbmFgHHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there any way for a user to see how much space their using with Outlook > Web Access (2...

making a flyer in publisher larger
I' cant seem not only to change my flyer from a 2x2 to much larger, but I can't even get my font size larger, etc. What should I do? Do you mean 2" x 2"? Can you see the ruler? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Magsteel" <Magsteel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35EF06FF-CE26-4DD5-BD23-5A6066A8AC5E@microsoft.com... > I' cant seem not only to change my flyer from a 2x2 to much larger, but I > can't even get my font size larger, etc. What should I do...

Trouble accessing contacts of an appointment under 2003
Hello all, sorry for the repost, but I didn't get any replies, and I'm still at a loss for this. I'm using Slide v.2.1, to access an Exchange 2000 appointment. It works fine; I can access and set all the needed information, but our client is migrating to 2003. Some of the MAPI IDs have changed, so I'm using Outlook Spy to get the new ones. I'm experiencing strange behaviour though setting some of the new IDs. Under 2000, I could set the Contacts field of an appointment by: http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/x8245001E Outlook spy reports the MAPI ID of this object...

Publisher #26
I have created a data base in Access 2003 and saved the information in Excell 2003. I have created a form letter in Publisher 2003, I want to merge the information from Excell onto my letter in Publisher. When I go to tools, mail and catalog merge, mail and catalog merge wizard is off. What can I do to fix this? Thanks for your help You might want to do a detect and repair. Do you have the 2003 service pack? Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 1 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842532 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mv...

Saving As "Web Page(*.htm;*.html) doesn't work?
When I try to Save As "Web Page(*.htm;*.html)" nothing happens. I hav Microsoft Excel 2000. Please advise. Thanks, Joe Mille -- Joe Mille ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2990 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49691 this is a reply test -- Joe Miller ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29900 ...

Trail Version Access 2007 Download UK version
I have a OEM Licence for Access 2007 (Actually Office 2007) and have been told to download the trial version then use the licence to activate. The problem I am having is the download site only supports US address's not UK, does anyone else know were I can get this from please TIA Lez I'd reccomend using SQL Server, Access MDB is obsolete; and it has been for a decade keep your DATA in a database and then use any frontend you want "Lez" <lj_N05PAM_Girvan@Hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:O7RnWrVnHHA.3460@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a OEM Licence fo...