A line showes up in print that is not on the screen in publisher.

I can't find it to remove it on screen, seems like a text box line.  How do I
deleate it?

What version Publisher are you using?  The line could be behind something else on
your page.

You could be experiencing printer driver problems. Look into an upgraded driver.

Select all on your page, do you see the line segment?

If you cannot see the line to delete it, open another instance of Publisher and
copy/paste each of your objects into the new publication. Some corruption may be
going on.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"nottotecky" <nottotecky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't find it to remove it on screen, seems like a text box line.  How do I
> deleate it?

0
gsauer (5093)

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

Mail Merge Excel Data with Publisher for 4 up postcards
Hi, I have been browsing and searching for help on this issue to no avail. What I am trying to do is mail merge a 2 sided 4 up postcard with my Excel 2003 data. On the front of Publisher 2003I have the Address Block which is no problem, however when I try to import the matching customer data to the back of the postcard it does not match up at all with the front. I have also 2 publisher files setup, 1 for the front of the postcard and 1 for the back. I know the Excel data has to be in this format for the mail merge to work correctly using this formula posted by Doug Robbins: =IF(MOD(A2,2)=1,A2...

Showing Outline Symbols
I am using Excel 2007 SP2. After using Data-Subtotals, the outline symbols never appear. I always need to go to Excel Options-Advanced-Show outline symbols if an outline is applied. When I close Excel and use subtotals again, I need to go through this process again. How can I make the outline symbols appear after using Data-Subtotals without going through this process every time? Thank you in advance. Cassie ...

how do i graph gender & age in in a line graph?
i need to compare age and gender on a line graph but i can not get gender to be different from just a line how do i change that? Your question is not too clear. It would be nice to see part of your data. Are you saying that Excel plots two lines rather than one? If so, delete the text at the top of the first column you are using for data. -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "lost&needhelp" <lost&needhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88472E93-9D32-48B6-8B2C-FAF17EED4ACB@microsoft.com......

toolbar line see what you have typed
How do I put the line in the toolbar that will show what I've typed so I can make corrections without having to retype the entire row? Click on View on the worksheet menu bar. then make sure Formula bar is checked Then you can position the I-bar cursor where you want. Tinkerbell wrote: > > How do I put the line in the toolbar that will show what I've typed so I can > make corrections without having to retype the entire row? -- Dave Peterson So the poster may have been missing the formula bar. <grin> Use of F2 will help with entry so that you don't have t...

Publisher 2000 to Publisher 2003
I have been using Publisher 2000 and working fine. I have a webpage and just Save as Webpage and then upload to my server. Now that I have XP and Publisher 2003 I don't see the Save as Webpage, only Publish to Web. Have tried this and it doesn't open after it has been uploaded the way it did before and it takes longer to upload than 2000 did. Probably doing something wrong and just wanted to see if someone else has had this problem or what I'm doing wrong. Have a good day. Jim Jim wrote: > I have been using Publisher 2000 and working fine. I have a webpage > a...

type a word on the line without desturbing the line
I am using Outlook Publisher and I need to know how do I type on a line without desturbing the line. Not sure I understand. Do you want to overwrite a line of text? If you want to add a word without the line moving, use the character spacing option in the format menu. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bermuda Mama" <Bermuda Mama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:615FB725-748E-4403-B41F-AB9CAFC19971@microsoft.com... >I am using Outlook Publisher and I need to know how do I type on a li...

Tax button on bank transaction screen
Are there plans to incorporate the Tax Entry button (which can be found on Transactions - Financial - General screen) on the Bank Transaction Entry Window? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/...

command line build...turn on or off the auto-increment option
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\VB6.exe /MAKE /OUT "C:\src\MyApplicationSourceFiles\MyApplication.vbp.log" "C:\src\MyApplicationSourceFiles\MyApplication.vbp" /outdir "C:\BuildResults\MyApplication\" The above is what I have now. Is there any way from the command line to turn on/off the "auto increment" option? My motivation is that........when I do a "Gold Build", I want to increment. But when I do a non-gold-everyday routine build, I don't want it to auto increment. This is actually the one leftover...

Is there a publisher "reader"?
Is there a program that can read .pub files....other than Microsoft Publisher obviously? Much appreciated. -Chris Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] wrote: > Nope. > Thanks for the reply... Didn't think there was...but thought it would be worth a shot. I just used the PrimoPDF to convert so I can send it around the office. Thanks again. -Chris Nope. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "cldnails" <cldavidson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9I...

Convert Publisher letterhead to Word
How do I convert my letterhead creaded in Publisher to Word or other word processing software, e.g., OpenOffice, so that I may create text in the letterhead to email to clients/customers? You may reply privately to tannj2@comcast.net if you wish. Thank you. Joe Right-click the creation, save as picture. This tutorial is perfect for what you want to do http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JoOffice" <JoOffice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD4E5467-4F84-44B1-A46D-69C470B6B0AF@microsoft.com... > How ...

Script to count duplicate lines in a text file
We have a requirement to count the number of duplicate entries in a text file and then list the line and the number of duplicates. For example, we have a file call test.txt that has the following entries: A1 A1 B1 B2 B2 B2 B2 This would return the following: A1,2 B1,1 B2,4 Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Gadgetman schrieb: > We have a requirement to count the number of duplicate entries in a text file > and then list the line and the number of duplicates. For example, we have a > file call test.txt that has the following entries: > A1 > A1 ...

Serial Number while printing.
Guys, could you please help me on my problem? i just want to use the serial number on my report but the problem is, i did'nt know how to use it properly. here is my problem goes: i have 1 page of report, and i want to print it for 100 copies (meaning the 100copies had only one content). i want to have a serial number for 100 copies. for example the first printout will have serial number 1, the second is 2, the 3rd print out is 3 and for last printout will have of course serial number 100. hope to hear from you guys. thanks. So the first record in the report is printed 100 times, with th...

Publisher Error
I am running Windows ME and re-installed MS Office Premium 2000. Word runs okay, so does Excel, and PowerPoint, but I tried to Open and run Publisher and I get the following Publisher Error Message: Publisher cannot load the required file (ptxt9.dll). You may be out of memory, or the file may be corrupt. Please someone help me. I even went and disabled some start-up programs to free-up some system resources so I have enough to start programs such as Publisher and Corel Draw. I ran Publisher before I did the re-install and I never had any problems. Thanks Leo PUB2000 Error Message: Publish...

Automatic print layout selection
Can you set up an option so that when you print a report, it automatically selects landscape or portrait and fits the report to the page rather than going to a 2nd line You can modify the report with Report Writer and on the Report Definition window change the Printer Orientation to Landscape. Don't forget to change security to use the modified report. You can also use Named Printers to change the printer properties to landscape if the report is one controlled by Named Printers. David Musgrave [MSFT] Original Developer of Named Printers Senior Development Consultant Escalation Eng...

Outlook 2003 - Line 227
A customer of mine is attempting to printer HTML based email and receives the following error: ---- Error A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug? Line: 227 Error: The specified module could not be found. ---- I have uninstalled and re-installed (with all options) Office 2003. Attempted to print a Text based email, and it printed without any issue. Attempted to print and HTML based email, and I would get this error. Downloaded and updated all available MS Office updates. Same results. Removed all of the HP software for the printer. Downloaded and installed the latest version of...

can't convert jpg or other into publisher
I reinstalled publisher after reformatting my xp Dell. Now publisher will not convert image into the page where I want a picture. I can scan one in, but can't import clip art or a picture located elsewhere. I can import a picture into word. I reinstalled publisher again and same thing. I put it on a friends computer and everything works fine - I'm puzzled. What are they referring to when it's saying can't convert the image - also mentions a graphic filter?? I need help. Jeanne Importing from where? Are you using the Clip Gallery or Organizer? If you are trying to import ...

Advanced Financial Reports
We would like to print an AFA report in landscape by default. Currently in Great Plains Advanced Financial Reports can only print in portrait by default. Each time we want to print in landscape, we have have to open the report layout and change the printer setup to landscape before printing. ...

Display Non Inventory description on Create Purchase Orders screen
Display the item Description for non-inventory items on the Create Purchase Orders screen. Currently, only inventory item descriptions are displayed. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow...

How to Enable debug print in SCSI miniport driver
hi all, i am trying to print the debug messages of SCSI miniport driver. i have enabled it through kd >ed NT!Kd_ScsiPort_Mask 3 kd >ed NT!Kd_ScsiMiniport_Mask 3 kd >g but still it doesnt print messages, it shows a355b841 6890d355a3 push offset SCSIminiport ! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string' (a355d390) does anybody have any idea what could be the issue? please let me know if you have solution, thanks, Hitesh ...

ListBox Showing Scroll if 1 item
I have a ListBox that I fill with data from my database. I then set the number of rows attribute to the count so the box is only as large as the number of fields. lbDisplay.Rows = lbDisplay.Items.Count; This works fine. The problem is if the list has 1 item, it shows a dropdown arrow and when you press it, it shows only the one item. If there are 2 or more there is no dropdown arrow. How can I get rid of the dropdown arrow for one entry??? Why does it even show? Thanks, Tom you can't, because it sets the of the number of visible options. 1 = dropdown...

RDLC 2008 Error in print layout mode
Hi I have converted a local report in a windows form application from VisualStudio 2008 to VisualStudio 2010. In the report viewer the report is correctly visualized, but, sometimes, in print layout (or if i print the report) I obtain this exception: "An error has occurred during report processing" "Index was outside the bounds of the array". The report is binding to a object data source, if i delete some object from my data source the error disappear. Thank in advance Giorgio Hi Giorgio, Is your object in your data source shared by multiple thread...

90% line across line chart
I have a changing set of data that is 3 columns and 104 row. These are represented on a Line Chart. I have a formula to calculate the 90th percentile for each of these. How do I automatically put a horizontal line on the chart for each of the three measurement at the corresponding 90th percentile. Thanks, Brad On Fri, 20 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Brad K. <BradK@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I have a changing set of data that is 3 columns and 104 row. These are >represented on a Line Chart. I have a formula to calculate the 90th >percentile for e...

Command Button To Screen Grab
Good afternoon all. I was hoping somebody might be able to provide with some possible ideas on how to achieve the following...... I have an Access form to which I want to add a control button, which upon being clicked will do a typical ALT + PRNT SCRN type screen grab and then save this as a file, or at least paste this to an image object and then save the image object as the file. The problem is that there appears to be no way of doing a PRTN SCRN with the sendkeys function, so I'm now a bit stumped. Any insights would be most appreciated. Darren ...

How to copy a missing font to publisher
I am missing the Antique Olive font in Publisher only. How do I get it back? That font was included with some HP products years ago, that is how I acquired my copy. Do you have the Antique Olive font in the font folder? If it is in the font folder it should be in Publisher's font list. Do you have a font manager? Might be it has lost its path. Aliases here http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/findafont/a/fontaliases_o.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...