5pt space between paragraphs when copied from Word to Publisher

When I copy several paragraphs from a word document and paste it in Publisher
I always get 5pts added before and after each paragraph.  Is there anyway to
change this so I don't have to delete the space each time?  I have Office
version 2003 and Windows XP.

Paste special as unformatted text... or
Select all, Format, Paragraph, change the before and after.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"BoKay" <BoKay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I copy several paragraphs from a word document and paste it in Publisher
> I always get 5pts added before and after each paragraph.  Is there anyway to
> change this so I don't have to delete the space each time?  I have Office
> version 2003 and Windows XP.

0
Mary
2/6/2010 8:46:55 PM
I run into this all the time when people send me publications to print. The
originators of these documents are not savvy enough to even realize there is
a spacing difference in the last lines of their paragraphs.  This leads me to
think it must be a template issue. Is it standard in the templates to have
space added after a paragraph? If so, how do I change this?
I can highlight and delete the setting, but it gets annoying issue after
issue after issue.
Thanks!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Paste special as unformatted text... or
> Select all, Format, Paragraph, change the before and after.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "BoKay" <BoKay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I copy several paragraphs from a word document and paste it in Publisher
> > I always get 5pts added before and after each paragraph.  Is there anyway to
> > change this so I don't have to delete the space each time?  I have Office
> > version 2003 and Windows XP.
>

> .

font character spacing wonky in Publisher 2007?
I have a font which certain characters are too widely spaced in Publisher 2007. The font works fine in MS Word, and even in MS Pub Word Art, but in a regular text box, there's a big space between certain characters. The only way I've been able to make it work is to adjust character spacing with tracking manually. No fonts are embedded, I checked. It also worked fine in Publisher 2003, which I'm strongly considering going back to, since I have a number of existing documents using this font. (The font is "rhythms" which is a music font for use directly in documents. ...

MS Access Reporting
Blank example - http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20059&d=1198695843 I have an Access 2007 problem and I would just like to know if there is some sort of solution out there. The problem is, when I build a report that will 99% of the time be one page or less maybe even a half page. I end up with a giant space in the middle of my report. I want to fill that space with empty records but the records must only be enough to fill the page and still leave the report foot at the bottom of the last page. Those empty records in combination with the gridlines ...

Word output error: pdf & printing

organising data from lines in word to excel columns
I have a word doc which contains lines of text that are formatted into sections like this: Page: Page Name Title: Page Title URL: www.page.com/page-name/ MetaKeywords: keyword 1, keyword 2, keyword 3 Metadescription: Page desc.. There are many of these in the doc that I have which I can copy and paste as plain text into excel but I then need to format them into columns likes so: Page Title URL MetaKeywords Metadescription Page Name Page Title www.page.com/page-name/ keyword 1, keyword 2, keyword 3 Page descr... Does anyo...

Word editor hangs Outlook in Office XP SP3
User has Outlook hang when opening new message or on a reply or forward. I unchecked the option "Use MS Word to edit email messages" under Tools | Options and the Mail Format tab, and the problem was solved. The only article of any help I could find in MS KB was 824934. Since I already have SP3 installed, it detected this patch already inplace. I found two other KB articles relating to this issue with no answers to the problem, 289982 and 278214. Anyone come across before? Thanks, Ryan On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 09:43:41 -0700, "Ryan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Windows7 help: associating Word 2007 for .doc files
Hey guys, Whenever I try to open .doc files, it uses "WordPad" (the word processing program that came with Windows7) to open the files & sometimes it's unreadable with weird symbols. I used to just right click on the file & do "open with.." & choose the "Windows Office Word Viewer 2003" for files that don't look right (weird symbols) in WordPad... I just bought & installed Office2007 on my computer which is using Windows 7. Now that I have Word 2007, I want to make it the default program for .doc files so I don't have...

How do I print borderless in Publisher?
I have just purchased Publisher 2003 and a new Cannon iP8500 printer. The printer prints borderless A4. No problems. But I cannot manage to get MS Publisher to print to the edge. No matter what I do it leaves a border. Any ideas? Chesterd <Chesterd@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have just purchased Publisher 2003 and a new Cannon iP8500 printer. > The printer prints borderless A4. No problems. But I cannot manage to > get MS Publisher to print to the edge. No matter what I do it leaves > a border. Any ideas? Have you made sure to set the...

Publisher 2003 hyphenation can't be changed for one word
Hello: I'm trying to work on a newsletter, in a three column format that needs hyphenation turned on, so the justified text looks better. However, there is one word that it wants to hyphenate (the word is eScrip, a company name), which should not be hyphenated. I've seen older articles in this NG suggesting various work-arounds, including turning hyphenation off for the whole story, changing the font size, inserting carriage returns, and changing the spelling of the word itself. However, none of this is acceptable. Isn't there a way to select one word, and tell Publisher *not*...

convert a publisher file?
I am trying to open a file. It will not open as it says it cannot open files from a different version. I need to be able to access it and edit it. Please help! Carolrocket wrote: > I am trying to open a file. It will not open as it says it cannot > open files from a different version. I need to be able to access it > and edit it. Please help! I was just wondering how many idiots I'd see here tonight and here you are, very first post! This is an FAQ, had you bothered to spend a nanosecond searching the group, you'd have found your answer (it would have taken you less ti...

Converting Publisher 98 file to pdf
Hi all, I hope you can help me... I'm very frustrated because I've been trying to convert a Publisher 98 (version 5.0 for Windows 95 - I'm on XP) file to pdf so that I can send it to be read on a computer that doesn't have Publisher installed - and, I have not been able to do it. In Publisher help they suggest doing certain things, but when I try, the menu they speak of isn't there, so I can't complete the action. I'm at my wit's end. I need instructions very simple as I'm new to all this. I did take my file to a printer, but they don't use PC...

Publisher 2002 & clipart
Anytime I attempt to insert clipart into Publisher it becomes unresponsive. Is there anything that can be done about this? Do you get an error? Is Publisher unresponsive or the Organizer? Maybe your cache is full, in IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bill Hollinger MCP" <Bill Hollinger MCP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDDC05DC-5D57-427D-B1F0-B0D2B01DDEBF@microsoft.com... > Anytime I attempt to insert clipart into Publisher it becomes unresp...

Can't open new project with Publisher 2000 and XP Pro
I just got a new machine and installed my office 2000. I can open and modify old Publisher documents, but when I choose New, the machine freezes, or when I just open Publisher, it opens frozen. The page where you choose the type of project won't open. Does this happen in safe mode? Have you upgraded your printer driver? Publisher is critical about printers, if Publisher is looking for a printer driver that has been modified it will hang. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jack" <anonymous@discussi...

Unknown Notice In Word 2003
Windows XP Home. Dell Inspiron Laptop. MS Office 2003. When I open any document in Word 2003 I get the message...: "This document could not be registered. It will not be possible to create links from other documents to this document." I have checked in Options etc but I cannot find any reference to registering. I do not know what this is. Can anyone help? I would like at least to get rid of the notice as it is very annoying every time I open a document. TIA for any help. ...

Copying DPMBackup.EXE Replicas to External USB
We're running DPM 2007 in a Guest OS under Hyper-V. We have a 10TB passtrough drive and performance has been great. Because we're in a guest OS, we're unable to "physically" see the 500GB External USB drives we're using for off site backup. Thus, we're unable to explorore FireStreamer option and need another way to get data to our remote location without purchasing yet another tape drive for the collection. We're using a scheduled job that looks like: IF /I "%1"=="DUMP" dpmbackup -db IF /I "%1"=="DUMP"...

how do i convert publisher documents
I have received a pub document but I don't have the software....any idea how I can view it or convert it? Getting a converted copy from the sender is not an option. rlmark wrote: > I have received a pub document but I don't have the > software....any idea how I can view it or convert it? > Getting a converted copy from the sender is not an option. ================================== Without Publisher....there's nothing you can do to open the file. If you e-mail the file to the following address... I'll be happy to convert it to a .pdf for you. pianopartsAThotmai...

What happened to the default file location for Publisher 2007?
There is no way to change the default file location for Publisher 2007? Why does the help in the website lead you to believe there is? It existed in the 2003 version. What happened? PCpardner wrote: > There is no way to change the default file location for Publisher 2007? Why > does the help in the website lead you to believe there is? It existed in the > 2003 version. What happened? It was (apparently accidentally) left out of this version. Hopefully it will be restored by a service pack. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org "PCpardner" wrote...

CRM. Publish in a web a search form of knowledge Base from CRM
Exist any kind of integration or sample about how to integrate in a standard web, or web developed with Sharepoint, a form to allow the Company visitors to search into the Knowledge Base created in Dynamics CRM? ...

Word Autoation
Hello I tried to update Word Custom properties using MFC but got a problem... Here is the code (simplfied by removing error checking) CString strFile = "C:\\DataSheet.doc"; WordApp.CreateDispatch( "Word.Application"); WordDocs = WordApp.GetDocuments(); WordDoc = WordDocs.Open( COleVariant( strFile, VT_BSTR), vtOptional, vtOptional, vtOptional, vtOptional, vtOptional, vtOptional, vtOptional, vtOptional, vtOptional, vtOptional, vtOptional, vtOptional, vtOptional, vtOptional, vtOptional); WordCustProps = WordDoc.GetCustomDocument...

Outlook and Word's Single Envelope Feature
Hi: I'm using Office XP in a Win 98 SE computer. When creating a single a single envelope in Word XP from my Outlook XP Contacts, the Company name does not automatically get entered. Is there any way to get the Company name in above the address automatically? My only work around is to highlight the desired name in the list and then click on the Properties Box. Then the Contact input screen opens and I would copy the Company name and close the contact. Then I would click OK on the Select Name screen and finally I would paste the Company Name into the Deliver address that appears. Is...

Publisher #29
How/Where can I get Microsoft Publisher for my home PC. I have to create a bulletin for my church. I have Windows XP 2003. Thank you! Your favorite office supply store, Sams Club, online thru Microsoft, any number of places. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Reepy" <Reepy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:521147D7-FFE0-44A0-9913-2245B686F809@microsoft.com... > How/Where can I get Microsoft Publisher for my home PC. I have to create > a > bulletin for my church. I have Windows XP 2003. Thank you! --- Outgoing mail is certified V...

.doc files freeze Finder/Mail, Word hangs on start
I have an iBook (G3, 800 Mhz, OS X 10.3.9) running Office 2004. Lately, if I receive an email with a Word attachment, Mail hangs (I see the spinning beach ball). This also happens with Thunderbird. If I open a folder containing a .doc file, the Finder hangs. If I open Word, I get the initial screen asking what kind of file to create, then after I select one, Word hangs. All of the menu items are greyed out at the top. I've fixed my disk permissions, removed office, reinstalled office, fixed disk permissions again, but to no avail. I removed my Microsoft User Data folder from ~/Docum...

Help req: how to conditional count with words in cells based on their formatting
I have a text based spread sheet that counts the number of words at the end of each row. I want to be able to bold selected words and have these excluded from the count at the end of the row e.g. frog cat dog (If cat is bolded then the count at the end of the row is 2 not 3). Thanks in advance. Babs That will require VBA code. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "babs" wrote in message I have a text based spread sheet that counts the number of words at the end of each row. I wan...

How do I view things in publisher?
I've been sent a file in Publisher, but don't have publisher software on my computer. There doesn't seem to be a free publisher viewer on the Microsoft site - how do I look at the file I've been sent? Anita wrote: > I've been sent a file in Publisher, but don't have > publisher software on my computer. There doesn't seem to > be a free publisher viewer on the Microsoft site - how do > I look at the file I've been sent? =================================== There is no viewer. Ask the sender to save the project as a .pdf file and you can view it i...

Server 2008 R2 offsite backup copy question
Hello! I recently set up my first 2008 server for a client (it is 2008 R2). While deciding the best method of doing her backups so she can have local/offsite backups, I currently have the 2008 backup going to a shared folder on her primary server (unfortunately **still** SBS 2000...yes, you read that correctly!), which is then backed up by Backup Exec to tape along with everything else on the SBS 2000 server. She takes the tapes off site every day. I'd prefer to have the 2008 back up to USB or NAS disk, then copy to another USB for offsite backups, swapping out the seco...

Changing more than one part of Word simultaneously
Hi, everyone. Got a question I'm hoping someone can help with. I have been given a form which is a Word Template and asked to add in functionality that would take the information entered in certain places and have it automatically duplicate in the header of each page. Apparently this was possible in winxp/office2003 but now in vista/office2007 these templates don't work as they should. The code that seems to create this effect seems to be xml but I have no experience with this and so am wondering if there's any way of producing this effect some other way - either...