4.25 X 5.5 page layout (4 up/4 dn) booklet printing

Hi -
I am using the greeting card fold template in Pub '03 and attempting to
create a 100+ page booklet.  I wish to print the pages in a fashion that
allows me to use 13 or 14 pieces of paper per booklet (each sheet produces 8
pages using both sides).

I saw the post about the person printing 4 of the same page per side of each
sheet, but that would force a run of 100+ booklets per printing with my page
count -NoCanDo.

Question-  Is there a way I can have Publisher or any of the other MS Office
products autonumber my pages and generate a TOC, and allow me to print the
job on a non-duplex printer, preferably collated?  I would then fold the
sheets, stack them in an appropiatel order, trim and bind.
0
GHine (2)

You need create your project in Word.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010423401033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"G Hine" <GHine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi -
> I am using the greeting card fold template in Pub '03 and attempting to
> create a 100+ page booklet.  I wish to print the pages in a fashion that
> allows me to use 13 or 14 pieces of paper per booklet (each sheet produces 8
> pages using both sides).
>
> I saw the post about the person printing 4 of the same page per side of each
> sheet, but that would force a run of 100+ booklets per printing with my page
> count -NoCanDo.
>
> Question-  Is there a way I can have Publisher or any of the other MS Office
> products autonumber my pages and generate a TOC, and allow me to print the
> job on a non-duplex printer, preferably collated?  I would then fold the
> sheets, stack them in an appropiatel order, trim and bind.

0
gsauer (5093)
12/24/2005 4:40:46 PM
Hi Mary
Thanks for the reply.  The link you post is to a publisher resource, though
I did get an idea or two from the merge print (using a 'custom' addres that
is actually my page).
I got this reply in the MS-Word community before I posted the original help
request in this group.  Here is the only reply I got:

==Word can do 5.5 x 8.5 booklets but not the size you want (unless you start
==with 5.5 x 8.5 paper).
--
==Suzanne S. Barnhill
==Microsoft MVP (Word)

Mary, do you concur?

Thanks for the assistance..
George

0
GHine (2)
1/9/2006 10:51:02 PM
You can make any size booklet you desire in Publisher. Publisher does not produce
TOC's, you will have to do a TOC manually.
Using the standard letter size paper, setting up your project as a booklet will
produce two identical pages per sheet of paper. If this is okay, then use Publisher
for your publication. Publisher can number your pages.
In page setup, booklet, width 4.25, height 5.5, portrait.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Hi Mary
> Thanks for the reply.  The link you post is to a publisher resource, though
> I did get an idea or two from the merge print (using a 'custom' addres that
> is actually my page).
> I got this reply in the MS-Word community before I posted the original help
> request in this group.  Here is the only reply I got:
>
> ==Word can do 5.5 x 8.5 booklets but not the size you want (unless you start
> ==with 5.5 x 8.5 paper).
> --
> ==Suzanne S. Barnhill
> ==Microsoft MVP (Word)
>
> Mary, do you concur?
>
> Thanks for the assistance..
> George

0
gsauer (5093)

Slow Printing vs Word
I am creating a 4x4 label as a report in Access for Inventory Control. When I print the report out of Access it pauses between label prints. So if I print 4 copies it pauses for about 2-3 seconds between prints. If I create and print that exact same label out of Word it prints all copies consecutively without any pauses. I'm using 2003. Any ideas? ...

2 Page Newsletters
I am trying to open a 2 page newsletter from someone they they saved on my computer. On his computer it is two pages and there is the 1,2 page numbers you can click on the bottom. When he sends it to me it only shows one page. When he comes to my computer and tries to open his from my computer it does the same, only one page. Can anyone help with this? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from dpandozzi@r-masters.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am trying to open a 2 page newsletter from someone they > they saved on my comp...

How can I print to email?
I want to send the results from some sheets to people who do not have Excel. If I attach the XLS file, it will be useless to anyone without Excel. I basically want to send what I see on a printout to a printer or Fax. Any ideas? Is there a way to setup email as a printer? This will enable me to use the same method for Word, Powerpoint and other products without caring about the recepients software. Jim Hi Jim You can send the text in the body of the mail I don't know what Excel version you use and which mail program? Or let them download the free Excel viewer You can view and ...

Removing Links #4
I am trying to copy several worksheets from a workbooks to a new workbook and have all links with the old severed. I have changed all the formulas to values. I have deleted every workbook and worksheet name. Still when I look at Edit | Links some link to the original workbook is present. Has anyone any ideas what this might be, and more importantly how do I get rid of it? PWS HI, Maybe this old post from Frank Kabel will help: try the following add-in to find/delete these links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip Jeff >-----Original Message----- >I am t...

404.4
What is the solution to that? IIS with vista home edition? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942052/ "GW" wrote: > What is the solution to that? IIS with vista home edition? > . > ...

Page Numbers
I have a document and I'm using page numbers in the format of Page 1 of 1. I want to print several copies of the same document, but I want the page number to go up for example Page 1 of 2, etc. Can this be done? On 10 Dec 2003 07:31:10 -0800, jobe.gates@akrn.com (Gates) wrote: >I have a document and I'm using page numbers in the format of Page 1 >of 1. I want to print several copies of the same document, but I want >the page number to go up for example Page 1 of 2, etc. Can this be >done? Custom footer "&[Page] of &[Pages]" - without the quotes? --...

Right column spilling onto 2nd page
I bought a template from a vendor and saved it as a new template with my version of excel. The link to that file is: http://www.utahhousevalues.com/lgfiles.cfm. The vendor is not able to help me figure out why the right column is spilling onto a second page. There are 49 total pages and about 25 of them spill the right column onto a second page. They claim each page is identical and it should not do that. I'm using Small Business version of Excel 2000 with XP Professional SP-1 THANKS MUCH Darrell Catmull http://www.utahhousevalues.com Hi Darrell, If the vendor can't tell you w...

Calculated field in pivot table #4
I'm running Excel 2002. I'm unable to create a calculated field in a pivot table. I right-clicked on a cell in the table but I don't get the "Insert Calculated Field" window on my drop-down list. Do I need an Add-On? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help. On the PivotTable toolbar, choose PivotTable>Formulas>Calculated Field Dan wrote: > I'm running Excel 2002. I'm unable to create a calculated field in a pivot > table. I right-clicked on a cell in the table but I don't get the "Insert > Calculated Field" window on my ...

How to print (not) grid lines?
When I print Excel Worksheets then sometimes the gridlines are printed and sometimes not. How can I enable/disable printing grid lines? Claudia Page Setup > Sheet - Gridlines. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Claudia d'Amato" <clauama@wonderworld.com> wrote in message news:4bc9534a$0$6886$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net... > When I print Excel Worksheets then sometimes the gridlines are printed and > sometimes not. > > How can I enable/disable printing grid lines? > > Claudia > ...

Print Reconcilliation #2
Is it possible to print a reconcilliation when you are done with it? I could always do this in Quicken but can't see how to do it in Money. Money doesn't have a reconciliation report. This, and many workarounds and near workarounds have been discussed numerous times in the last month or so. (These things come in cycles--this is the cycle for reconciliation report, apparently.) Get more headers or search archives of this group at http://groups.google.com. "Thomas Schiessl" <Schiessl@athenet.net> wrote in message news:319901c37573$1a2d6fa0$a301280a@phx.gbl... &g...

outlook bar #4
My outlook bar does not appear. Does anyone know why, or how I can make it appear? What version of Outlook are you using? Have you tried checking the View menu for the "Outlook Bar" option? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "jamie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:024e01c3b9dc$45ed7740$a401280a@phx.gbl... > My outlook bar does not appear. Does anyon...

OR Function #4
I am trying to make a formula using the if function. However, within this formula I need to nest an OR function. I can not get it to work. Any suggestions? =IF(OR(A1=condition1,A1=condition2),output_for_true,output_for_false) -- Regards, Dave "frustratedwthis" wrote: > I am trying to make a formula using the if function. However, within this > formula I need to nest an OR function. I can not get it to work. Any > suggestions? ...

How to convert a Chinese registry value from within a US code page?
First of all, our Win32 MFC VC++ app is not written in Unicode as it should have been. Given that - it reads uninstall information from the windows Uninstall registry tree and writes it to a report. It writes out the displayname of the application. Normally this is not a problem, but when it encounters a Chinese application name, it displays the name as question marks. I assume this is because the string is in Unicode in the registry, but our app is not Unicode so it can't represent the characters. Unfortunately for the moment, converting this very large app to Unicode is not an o...

printing to parallel port with writefile
I was wondering if someone might be able to tell me how to use writefile to send a string of text to a parallel printer. The text is special IPL printer codes for a barcode printer so it has to be sent directly to a printer. I have used the system command() though with mixed results in Visual C++ and windows. I am used to programming in DOS where all I had to do was send a file to a printer using the copy command like: "copy 227-029.fmt lpt1" or "copy 227-029.fmt com1" (after setting up the com port with another system command. Even so I would like to know how to...

Outlook errors #4
Since upgrading to outlook 2003 I cannot view any items in the sent folder. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but get the same error- "outlook has encounted an error and will close" I can view the sent items via OWA, so I know they exist. I have also tried setting up the account on a different pc. Any help would be very helpful. Have you tried a new mail profile? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without ...

print mass Powerpoint certificates from Excel file
I get Excel lists of students that require training certificates. I have a PowerPoint certificate. Is it possible to do something simular to a mail merge? In article <BFBA41AC-26D1-4B30-8C54-425C2E8A50F0@microsoft.com>, Go to Girl wrote: > I get Excel lists of students that require training certificates. I have a > PowerPoint certificate. Is it possible to do something simular to a mail > merge? Not out of the box, but we have a commercial PowerPoint add-in that does exactly this. You can try out a fully functional demo to see if it meets your needs. Mo...

problem sending emails 04-25-10
i looked up the POP3 and SMTP server information but when i try to send emails it gives me this error. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server R...

Labels not printing zip codes
I am doing a simple mail merge from other peoples excel lists...when I print the lables, many of the zip codes show as a zero on the label. I notice a green comment error corner and by ignoring the error, the problem goes away but what causes this to begin with? If I highlight the whole column to format as zip codes the boxes do not go away. If I correct and then copy the data to a new sheet the new formatting does not save. Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge rig...

Attachments print automatically
Every time I open an attachment in Outlook 2002 it prints the attachment. I have seen add-ins advertising they can do this for a cost. I can do it and I don't want to! Anyone know how to turn it off or fix the problem Is it printing the attachment when you open it, or printing the attachment when you want only to print the message? If it's the latter, try this. Highlight Inbox, click File, Print. Take a look at the bottom left corner of the menu. Is "Print attached file" clicked? If it is, unclick it and that should work. Otherwise, sorry, I don't know. &...

Date formatting problem #5
Hi there, I've tried everything I can think of with this one - help!! I'm reading dates from 2 cells, storing them in variables, comparing them and then storing the resulting date in a different cell. Code currently is: If stStoredDate<> stDate then stStoredDate=stDate Activecell.Offset(0,1).Value = stStoredDate End If My problem is stStoredDate = 04/09/05 (4 Sep 05 as I'm in the UK), stDate is the same, but the value in the cell is 09/04/05 (9 Apr 05). Both cells have identical formatting. If I change the formatting to 'general', stStoredDate= 38599, but t...

page settings in Business Portal
We have a customer who wants to print the time sheet in landscape (page orientation); currently there are two ways of achieving it: 1. Change the printer settings (Control Panel > Printers and Faxes > Select printer; right click and choose properties > Printing preferences of General Tab > Advance tab). This would set the printer to the desired page orientation size; however, all documents that will be printed on the said printer will use the settings made. 2. On the Business Portal page go to File > Page Setup; choose the page orientation and size desired. The effect ...

Have the Comment (ctrl F10) print onto 40col Receipts
I am using the default receipt template from the cd. We are using an Add On called IVideo for video rentals. the return or due date of the rental is saved in the CTRL + F10 comment field. How can I get this field to print onto the receipt template? Andy, If subscribed to the RMS Maintenance plan and have access to CustomerSource, download the Receipt - 40 Column with Item Comments from here; http://tinyurl.com/4gdbu Note, you must be using a Windows printer driver for this to work properly. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some ot...

Opening page
How do I configure Outlook so that when it opens it displays immediately the weekly calendar? Thank you 'Tools|Options|Other|Advanced Options', set "Startup in this folder" to be "Calendar" Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com "Jorge Bravo" <open@closed.com> wrote in message news:egO6toXKJHA.5904@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >...

AppleScript Page Setup and Paper Size

On pre-printed paper(picture) how do I add script in white
I am trying to print white script on a pre-printed program. When sent to the printer the letters do not show. I have added fill to text box, but still letters do not print to sheets. I need help! If your printer does not have white ink, you can't. From what I've heard, printers that do have white ink are very expensive. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "bearbiz" <bearbiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ECBB048-CD15-4DC8-A425-48287DEB7EB9@microsoft.com... >I am trying t...