2nd page prints cells black

When printing a multipage document and using cells to arrange information,
the cells of pages 2 - the last page print black
0
H (152)

Is your printer driver current? What version Publisher are you using?

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"wes h" <wes h@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When printing a multipage document and using cells to arrange information,
> the cells of pages 2 - the last page print black

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/26/2008 3:36:55 PM
using publisher 2007 and it prints the pages black even when printing to PDF
complete.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Is your printer driver current? What version Publisher are you using?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "wes h" <wes h@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When printing a multipage document and using cells to arrange information,
> > the cells of pages 2 - the last page print black

0
wesh (1)

Positioning Page Numbers
We are trying to print page numbers in the upper right hand corner of the page. The Excel charts will be included as part of a Word report so we want the page setups to look the same. In Excel we cannot find a way to move the page numbers even with the margin of the page as they are in Word. I can do this with numbers on the left hand side of the page by inserting spaces before the number in the set up box, but I cannot find a way to move the page numbers in from the right hand side. Any ideas? seems so simple, but...... Kathy the only way I can think of that gets close is as...

printing colors in gray on laser
I'm not sure if this is a Publisher issue or a printer problem, but on the off chance that it IS Publisher, I know someone here will know that and might even have an answer. I have a Publisher file that has gray text in it and when I print it on a laser printer the text comes out solid black. I used to print in gray all the time and I'm not sure when this problem started (since the new version of Publisher [we just got 2003] or since my printer driver got updated). Does anyone have any idea how I can print text in gray? Thanks!! Check your printer settings. It may be in there...

Problems Printing a Linked Word document
I am having trouble printing a word document that has linked excel tables in it. When I print the document, some of the linked excel tables get skewed and distorted. However, they look normal on screen. What causes this? How can I fix it? -- jc ...

Why does an inserted and locked photo move to a 2nd page?
I have a photo inserted at the top of a page and set to "lock anchor" and "behind text". When the document becomes long enough to warrant a second page the photo jumps to the top of the second page instead of staying in place at the top of the first page. Why is this happening? Is there something else I need to do to insure it stays at the top of the first page? Thanks for any input! I'm baffled! In Need of Help wrote: > I have a photo inserted at the top of a page and set to "lock anchor" > and "behind text". When the document b...

Incrementing named cells
Merry Christmas everyone!!! Was wondering if any of you can help me with this. I have a financial model that currently has numerous named cells in the format of XXX_03 ( the 03 is to denote 2003 ) but I am making 2004 projection and therefore am wondering if there was an easy way to sort of copy and paste the names into a new column and automically renaming cells by an increment of 1 to XXX_04. If anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated! Thank you Justin See one answer 1 minute later -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Justin" <jsim_hba2003@hot...

Using PERCENTILE with *specific* cells in a column
I am trying to use the PERCENTILE function with specific cells in a column. For example, lets say the column is: A 1 5 2 6 3 7 4 8 Using PERCENTILE on say A1:A3 is easy enough, but I want to do say A1 and A4. I can achieve this by defining a named range such that it would be equal to A1 and A4, but would rather not use named ranges, as the above is a very simplistic example of what I want to do -- using named ranges would require a substantial amount of effort to achieve my end goal. I also realize I could re-order the rows such that I swap A4 with A2, therefore could use perc...

Where did tips and tricks page go?
There was a page I once found which was titled Microsoft Outlook and Exchange Server Tips and Tricks I am at least 98% sure that the URL was : http://www.microsoft.com.... technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/exchange55/tips/default.asp I am able to find a page that has the exact same document in a word doc but I want the web page, This seems to have entirely disappeared from the web as google searches as well as entering the URL directly sends me to a different page, anyone have any Idea where it got to as this page had killer info and was written very well with pret...

Wrap Text in Merged Cell
Excel 2007 If I merge several (or even 2) cells in a row, I can not get the text to wrap when I hit enter. It works, of course, in a single cell. How can I get the text to wrap in merged cells? I have checked "Wrap text" in the Format Cells dialog box, Thanks, Bob Atkinson Long audible sigh here................. One more victim of "merged cells". Wrap Text works fine on merged cells, but Autofit does not work. You need VBA event code to do that. Here is code from Greg Wilson. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim NewRwHt As Single Dim cW...

how do i insert a background on one page only?
HOW DO I INSERT A BACKGROUND COLOR ON ONE PAGE ONLY? What version Publisher are you using? In 2002-03, format, background. The background will be on one page only. If you are using older versions, don't put the background on the "Background Page", insert it on the publication page. Draw a rectangle to fit your page, fill, fill effects...send it to the back. Or, insert, picture, new drawing, expand the canvas to fit your page, draw a rectangle to fit, fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to the picture you want on the background. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.mi...

Tab into specified cells
I'm looking to set up a worksheet so that when I open it up I can only tab into specific cells. Is there anyway of doing this? Thanks There are a few way. One is to unlock the cells you want to tab into (Format>Cells>Protection), and then lock the sheet (Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "sho" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:644601c47543$7c069000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I'm looking to set ...

Macro to Print labels in Word
Does anybody know of an Outlook (2003) macro that has been written to print labels in Word (2003)? If there is one, it might be listed at http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/printlabel.htm . You can also just use a mail merge, you know. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Bob S" <drbobsing@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ehiHZJeXEHA.2952@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Does anybody know of an Outlook (2003) macro that has been ...

Find all cells with a number and mulitply
How can I find all cells in a sheet that are a number greater than zero and multiply each one by a number? IE: the number to multiply by is 1.2 A1 Tom A2 25 A3 0 G12 Bob G13 25 I want to programatically (without using a macro) find cells a2 and g13 only and multiply them by 1.2 Thanks in advance for your help. Jim Jim, As long as you don't have any negative numbers, it doesn't matter about being > 0 (0*n=0) or being text. Try this Put 1.2 in a spare cell and then copy it Select all the cells Goto menu Edit>Pastespecial Click the Multiply option OK out Now clear the c...

Publishing the web page
I did see few articles about this, however when i say publish to the web it is trying to save on my computer itself, so what is wrong how do I change this? Thanks ...

Cell comments
I have already created the code using VBA to pull the data from the M Access table. Is there a way to set it up so that when you pass ove the cell it will automatically run my routine -- LA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26920 Hi not possible AFAIK as there's no event which got triggered by just moving over a comment field -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LAF wrote: > I have alr...

Merging cells #4
I am using an existing worksheet in Excel. Some cells have already been merged. I need to merge 2 more cells and i am unable to accomplish that. The "merge/center button" on the toolbar is not highlighted, so i am unable to merge the needed cells. Any suggestions? Any chance your worksheet is protected? brownk wrote: > > I am using an existing worksheet in Excel. Some cells have already been > merged. I need to merge 2 more cells and i am unable to accomplish that. > The "merge/center button" on the toolbar is not highlighted, so i am unable > to m...

how do I print multiple print areas on one page
I have a wide worksheet that is not very deep i.e. lots of columns but not many rows. I have it in landscape but it is still too wide to go on one page. I would like to be able to print the right hand side of the worksheet underneath the left hand side of the worksheet, on one page, rather than having to print out two pages. Is this possible? This is a common question. The only way to do this is to create what you want printed. In other words, copy all of your data to a blank sheet, then cut/paste to get what you want, then print it. You can do this with a macro and nev...

Page numbering #16
I want to use Roman numerals for numbering the pages of the first section of my publication. Can I do it with Publisher 2003? Go to the first page. From the Insert menu click Section and choose the number format you want. -- Computing should be about insight, not numbers or flash. ...

Sometimes can see all text in a cell, sometimes not.
Hello On Sheet1, I can see all text in cells that have lots of text in them, but have cells to the right that are empty. On Sheet 2, I pasted the following formula into cell A1, and copied this into all of the cells on Sheet2: =IF(Sheet1!A1=0,"",Sheet1!A1) Now I can't see all of the text in a cell, even if the cell to the right of it is empty. Is there anything that can be done? I am copying these cells and pasting them into Word as a picture. Thanks! Its because if you type text into a cell it will spill over into empty cells so it can be read. If you then enter in a...

Publisher Template page??? help
Okay I'm working in Publisher 2003 with a document that somebody else created. Whenever I go to "Insert page... " (by right clicking on the pages tabs at the bottom) and everytime I do I get a "Newsletter Pages" window asking me what kind of Page I want to insert. I have the options of selecting story, order form calender, etc and each option comes up with a different layout for the page. I can tell they are custom because each page has information specific to this company. My question is how to I modify (edit) these pages? They seem to be templates but only fo...

how to correct page setup errors in word 2003
Error message in Word 2003 page setup. "Settings you chose for the left and right margins, column spacings, or paragraph indents are too large for the page in some sections". I have tried everything I can think of to adjust, and still the message persists. Anyone know how to overcome this or to disable this function. Go to Format | Columns and click on the preset picture for One, then click OK. If the problem occurs in a single document, this should correct it. If it occurs in all documents, you will need to follow the same steps in the Normal template; see htt...

Cell sizing
Hi everyone, I'm recently new to all of this so I hope this isn't a stupid question. Before using Excel, about 7 or 8 years ago, I used Corel Quattro pro. I was able to set the cell heights and widths in mm, cm , inches, points, etc., so that when I printed a section of a sheet it would be a specific dimension. I haven't been able to do this with Excel. Thanks for your help. Only MacXL 2004 allows you to set height and width directly in inches/cm/mm. Both platforms allow you to set row height in points. Column widths can be set in the number of widths of the zero character in...

Printing checks...
Is there any way to get Money 2005 to print the account number stored for the Payee on a check without always having to type it into the memo field? Not in Mv1, not in M05. "Jason Mallory" <jason_mallory@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:3fe801c4a4fb$64c07ea0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to get Money 2005 to print the account > number stored for the Payee on a check without always > having to type it into the memo field? you can put it in the payee address field. It will stay there and print in that location. You can add it to the address, if yo...

Relation between tab control pages
how can i co relate three different pages with different type of data in respect of single products i a single tab control... means if i need to see data of Mr. A (selected iin page 1 )then page 2 will show his personal data, page 3 will show his educational data and page 4 will show hisworking experience.... If the data exists in a single table, you can arrange the table to divide up the data in some logical order. All the data exists in the main record and the tabs merely become a method of viewing it. If the data resides in several tables, 1 or more of them can be viewed as a subfor...

how to include in codebehind page?
Hi All, In classic ASP I have a include file that reads all cookies and put in variables to be use, in dot net I also have a ASPX file that reads all the cookies, but I am having problem using the file in the codebehind .vb page. and then I thought I will just create a DLL and put in the bin folder, but I am having problem calling the System.Web.HttpCookie with in the Public Class. Can any point me to the right direction how I can do this? Thanks for help Ray --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -=...

Printing in landscape
I have a spreadsheet that I have told in page set up to print in lanscape. Under options in the page set up it always goes back to portrait and when I click on landscape and then print preview, it still shows it in portrait. There was a dotted line between two columns where it was not supposed to be so I went to page break preview and moved the line to the end of the spread sheet (it's only four columns). It still will not print in lanscape no matter what i do. Any suggestions? Try printing from the File menu. When the Print dialog box appears click on the Properties... button oppos...