It is not supported in Office 2007

"Bill Stanton" <billstanton@digitalpath.net> wrote in message
news:J8mdnTMwdeJt5pbTnZ2dnUVZ_oKdnZ2d@earthlink.com...
> What happened to the option to set the
> default file location in Publisher?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

Reminders don't show up in Office 2007
All of a sudden my reminders don't show up. I tried the office 2003 solutions suggested with no luck. "JerryN" <JerryN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66159409-9D5A-4941-BF93-53B3A182F30D@microsoft.com... > All of a sudden my reminders don't show up. I tried the office 2003 > solutions suggested with no luck. And what suggestions were those? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Dealing with Office 2007 & Office 2003 file formats
My company plans on moving to Office 2007 soon. However, we have a delimma with how to handle how Office files are saved. For example, if a person open a .doc & makes changes in Office 2007 and some of those changes are not supported by the .doc, then the file is saved as a ..docx. This leaves us with two files... a doc & a docx. We really don't want someone updating the .doc anymore. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? Side notes: ~We have the compatibility pack installed on all computers. ~The batch converter tool doesn't seem like a good fit for...

Setup Outlook for Default User Profile
I am setting up a Default User Profile and everything works OK except for Outlook. The new user gets Outlook setup with the username of the default profile. Any way I can use %username% or some other way for Outlook to work in a Default User Profile? -- Regards, Slarty Bartfast We now return to our regularly scheduled flame-throwing. Use the Custom Maintenance Wizard from the resourse kit to create a CMW that you can run on the computers. (under the wizard its under modify profile) You put %username% as the user name and set the server. If you use cache mode check that too or ...

File Conversion
I have a MS Word Doc made up of a multi page table. How can I import it into Excel w/o converters? Thanks for the assistance. Dewayne, You may find copy/paste a workable way. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Dewayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a02d01c46606$13acb8a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a MS Word Doc made up of a multi page table. How > can I import it into Excel w/o converters? > Thanks for the assistance. ...

when opening excel I receive a message that says file can't be fo.
When I try to open excel, I receive a message that says Files\microsoft.xls could not be found. Check spelling of the file name and verify that it is correct. I click ok and then get a message saying Office\office11\excel.exe could not be found ... with same message. I'm clicking on the desktop shortcut but this happens even when I go to programs. This started happening not too long ago and I thought XP might have had problems with my office 97 so I just upgraded to Office Small Business 2003 and have the same problem. Ken Try the usual fix(es) for this problem. Tools>Optio...

Problem viewing webpage created via File, Save As, Web Page
I recently upgraded my website from a Unix OS to a MS Windows 2003 Server plan. I had a MS Excel(2003) spreadsheet that I updated and saved as web page, and published(via Front Page 2003). The first time I uploaded the revised page using the MS Windows 2003 Server, I get a "The page cannot be found" error(HTTP Error 404). The page displays the tabs at the bottom, but no content... (of course, I can view the page fine on my local PC)... Unfortunately, my web host was of no help. I'm hoping someone here has had this problem in the past, and can point me in the right dir...

Outlook 2007 opens instead of Windows Mail when e-mail address is clicked on?
We do all our mail and newsgroup work using Windows Mail, but when we click on a email address receieved in a message or at a site (example: johndoe@here.com) Outlook 2007 opens and tries to take over instead of Windows Mail. We never use nor setup Outlook 2007 so I'm not sure why this is acting as the default mail service. Can someone please tell me how I can set our computer to open Windows Mail when we click on a email address? Thank You so much in advance. You're in the Windows Live Mail newsgroup. You want the Windows Mail newsgroup. Windows Vista Mail Newsg...

protecting a profile data file
I am building a text file that will store certain data according to a given user's performance in my program. What options do I have for keeping that file from being accessed and altered at any time when the program is not being used? "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:OoLgYV6TGHA.5468@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I am building a text file that will store certain data according to a given > user's performance in my program. What options do I have for keeping that > file from being accessed and altered at any time when ...

cannot open old files
Hi, I have just downloaded Publisher 2003 on my laptop. When I click on an old file created with Publisher 2000, I get a message that says that Publisher cannot find the file that I specified and the dialogue box will allow me to search for it on my hard drive. I read the other threads and disabled the anti-virus software but that didn't seem to do anything. Help! -- Elsa Larsen elsa larsen wrote: > Hi, I have just downloaded Publisher 2003 on my laptop. > When I click on an old file created with Publisher 2000, > I get a message that says that Publisher cannot find the ...

Refresh a read only file
Is there a way to refresh the data in a "read-only" file without closin and reopening the file, each time someone else makes a change to th file and saves it? I want to use this option when I did not make an changes to the worksheet. Sometimes when I make changes to a "read-only" and when the fil becomes available for read-write access, it asks whether to save th file under a different name or discard changes. Sometimes both th options crash Excel. How can I see what other users changed to th file since the last time I viewed the file? Is it possible? Thanks for you...

Outlook 2003 Default Mail Format
Someone told me that MS has changed the default format for emails to plain text in 2003. I'm not sure I accept that answer since they have included the new filtering programs and like to use Word as the default email editor as well as are building everything in XML and .NET. Doesn't follow that logic. Can someone confirm this default setting? -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Someone told you wrong. It's still HTML. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Karl Burrows" <kfb1@spambellsouth.net> wrote in message news:J%gvb.17028$ow5....

serialize an XML file
Hi, I have an XML like this: <ArrayOfFormName> <FormName name="name1"> <label name="label1"> <IT>Italian text for label1</IT> <EN>English text for label1</EN> </label> <label name="label2"> <IT>Italian text for label2</IT> <EN>English text for label2</EN> </label> </FormName> <FormName name="name2"> <label name="label1"> ...

Trying to Open Excel File, But its says file is locked for editing
I'm trying to open an Excel file on a network drive. However when I try to open it. It has an Error Message: File in use. Drivers return 'Taco far return disk Chart 2005.xls' is locked for editing. Options are 'Read Only', 'Notify' or 'Cancel' I know no one is in the spreadsheet, and does not indicate who would be if there was. Can anyone help? Maybe: http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly or http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Both from Debra Dalgleish's site. Smeeta Geary wrote: > > I'm trying to open an Exc...

Converting Money 2005 data file to Essentials 2008
I have what I consider an installation issue with Money Essentials 2008 and am very surprised that I could not find a way to contact Microsoft direct on this. One could argue whether my issue is installation or not, but I submit that installation means "getting up and running", which includes both loading the program *and* getting old data converted to run with it. It is the latter step that does not seem to exist. I have a data file from Money 2005. I am moving to Vista, and the Vista Compatibility Center says I cannot run Money 2005 but must upgrade. So I purchased Money ...

autoupdate temporary download location
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, As for many people, my 12.1.9 automatic update failed. Manually updating worked fine. Since the autoupdate was aborted before finishing, I wonder if there is some temporary download file left. Where would be the place to look for that? thanks! On 6/11/09 3:44 AM, in article 59b76543.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "dries@officeformac.com" <dries@officeformac.com> wrote: > Since the autoupdate was aborted before finishing, I wonder if there is some > temporary download file left. Where would be ...

not the default
not the defaultnot the defaultnot the defaultnot the defaultnot the defaultnot the default ...

How to execute a .lnk file
I need to execute a .lnk file. With spawn, exec and system is impossible to do it. From a dos window, writing the path, the link open the application directly with no problem. Any idea about? > I need to execute a .lnk file. With spawn, exec and system is > impossible to do it. From a dos window, writing the path, the link open > the application directly with no problem. Any idea about? ShellExecute? --- Ajay "john wayne" <attackack@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1153934123.572217.203440@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... >I need to execute a .lnk file. With s...

Outlook 2002 and Office 2007
My new PC came with a trial version of OFFICE 2007 which I don;t plan on using or I may just install WORD 2007 as I do like that program. I plan to retain both Outlook 2002 and WORD 2002 which I installed recently. Now when I start a new email - (I have opted for WORD as my email editor) - I get this prompt "This form requires Word as your email editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead. Obviously there is a clash between Office 2002 and Office 2007. I think I have seen something about both versions co-existing bu...

Reset Outlook 2007 to default
Hi I use a laptop to teach end users Outlook 2007, but find it extremely time consuming to set outlook back to it's original "factory" state after each course. At the moment I do the following: Delete the old training profile and recreate it Delete the training pst file Rename the OUTCMD.DAT file. Run the Outlook.exe file with all the reset and clean switches Recopy my sample pst file that contains some messages etc to use in the training However there are still settings such as shortcuts on the navigation bar, the size of the navigation bar, the minutes interval on the calendar...

Data Files
If I split up my one data file in outlook into two, does it make outlook run faster? what if i put all my archive in one .pst file and then removed from outlook? i would only add it to outlook once a month to clean up and archive things. would that make outlook run faster? the real question i have is does it matter whether i temporarily remove the archive .pst file from outlook to make it run faster? thanks jim A smaller .pst will allow Outlook to run faster. If you empty your deleted items folder and then archive olds messages, it creates an archive.pst file. Remember, you can open any ...

Outlook 2007 #23
Why does Mail not use the Contacts in Outlook as a source of email addresses? What "Mail?" --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, R4010S asked: | Why does Mail not use the Contacts in Outlook as a source of email | addresses? Thanks for getting back to me. I have just updated from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2007 (when changing to a new computer). In Outlook 2000 I had one list of Contacts with sub-direc...

Default Word 2007 to "No Spacing"?
Is there a setting to make Word 2007 default to use "No Spacing" under the Styles of the Home Tab? It's very annoying that it defaults to normal. I never use it!!! It's especially when doing a Mail Merge and I have to put Name, Name2, Contact, Address, Address2, etc.. all on one tiny label. Can't do that with the spacing it does by normal. Each time I have to change it to no spacing. Apply the Word 2003 style set. (Change Styles on the Home Tab) -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< ...

Change Default Columns?
I use MS Outlook 2007 SP2. Is there a way to make all folders, or, at least all NEW folders have a standard set of columns, which is different than the default columns? For example I don't need the "Status" or "Size" columns. Rather than delete them after I create a new folder, I'd like the default configuration NOT to include them Thanks! On Jan 31, 4:50=A0am, Don Green <dmg...@gmail.com> wrote: > I use MS Outlook 2007 SP2. =A0 > Is there a way to make all folders, or, at least all NEW folders have > a standard set of columns, which is differ...

A page of file in pdf
I have a friend who I want to give one page of a file in pdf that has several pages. How do I just give him one page in pdf. Thanks Rod -- Thanks for your Help On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 16:47:01 -0800, jcreek <jcreek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a friend who I want to give one page of a file in pdf that has several >pages. How do I just give him one page in pdf. If you can create PDF files then just save the appropriate page as a PDF. If you can't then get one of the many PDF creation programs. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.electronics-pa...

Access 2007: How to run reports from forms???
Greetings, I designed a form and ran the macro button wizard to create a button (with macro) to run my report. This worked fine, with my report output also containing buttons to exit and print the report. I later wanted to add validation to check if the report was empty, so I removed the button created by the wizzard and created my own, adding my own vba code. The problem lies I can only run the report using 'DoCmd.OpenReport "rptStudentClassification", acViewPreview' but this is a preview mode only and therefore cannot use buttons present on the report. How do i ru...