Bill

It is not supported in Office 2007

"Bill Stanton" <billstanton@digitalpath.net> wrote in message
news:J8mdnTMwdeJt5pbTnZ2dnUVZ_oKdnZ2d@earthlink.com...
> What happened to the option to set the
> default file location in Publisher?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

Attaching Help File to a User Defined Function
Hi, I wrote some functions in VBA for Excel and I would like to attach help file to each function. One solution was to attach the help file in the VBA project properties but I am allowed to attach just one file per project. As I have 4 functions in that project (they all have to reamain in the same VB project)... I have to find another solution. What would the solution be? Tks. Maca. :confused -- mac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- maca's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2489 View this thread: http://w...

Getting data from an open file
I need to be able to run a summary file when the files that the links are coming from are in use. Any suggestions Frank ...

Location of Contacts and Rules & Alerts
I moved my outlook.pst file and found that the Contacts folder and Rules and Alerts information did not come along to the new location. How can I find this information. Thank you You posted no information. Explain what you did. Include your version. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gary Lindgren" <kate@theconnection.com> wrote in message news:eKnbGGzDGHA.2924@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I moved my outlook.pst file and found that the Contacts folder and Rules >and Alerts information did not come along to the new location. How can I >find this information. > Th...

Missing OUTLLIB.DLL File
I have installed Outlook 2003 and receive error message, "Can't open application because the OUTLLIB.DLL is not found. I have re-installed but didn't fix my problem. Any suggestions? Nan <Nan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have installed Outlook 2003 and receive error message, "Can't open > application because the OUTLLIB.DLL is not found. I have > re-installed but didn't fix my problem. > > Any suggestions? See your previous thread. No need to post more that once. -- Brian Tillman ...

Large xml file
Hi, I'd like to know what's typically considered a large xml file? Are we talking about a file that's measured in kilobytes or megabytes and beyond? Where do we begin to consider an xml file to be a "large" file? Also, for small xml files and assuming that you want to perform an xsl transformation, is it justifiable to use the DOM or is it better to use the various xml readers and writers to do the job (although it may require more code to do the transformation)? Thanks, Roshawn Hi Oleg, Thank you for your input. Already I'd been considering the tradeoff ...

Exchange mail is pulled completely into an inaccessible ost file
When I look into my mailbox in outlook, I don't see my emails; however I notice an ost file that is large in size. As a test, I sent myself an email from another account and I noticed it in my outlook mailbox briefly before it disappears and subsequently the ost file grew larger. How do I stop this complete offloading into an ost file? How do I synchronise an ost file with exchange that I can't even see in outlook but is connected and doing work in the backroom? -- Rock On! is it offloading into an ost file or into a pst file somewhere? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP...

why no "Link Data to Shape" in Visio 2007 trial?
My 'trial' version of Visio 20007 looks like 2003. Not the same tool bar as my licensed other Office products. One specific feature called out in the online lessons is the subject line above. "About" says it's 2007, but I wonder... any clues? Hello Tank, Sounds like you're trailing Visio 2007 'Standard'. Link data to shapes is only available in the 'Professional' version. Take a look at this comparison table: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/FX101757911033.aspx?ofcresset=1#3 Best regards John John Goldsmith www.visualSignals.co.uk ...

Change from default print changes font in Document
Hello, I need help figuring out how to change this, I have noticed that the font and spacing of content gets messed up when printing Word 2007 documents. I have a temporary work around by switching to my default printer then to the printer I want to print to, to get the font back to what it originally should be. But is there some feature in Word I should check or something to permanently fix this? Restarting Windows and then deleting any left-over temporary files might help. Also, you may want to look for an updated printer driver. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word ...

HELP��my computer crushes when I open the same EXCEL file again
If I open another EXCEL file same name as anyone I have opened, my computer hangs and all freeze. I have to shut down and switch on again. I can not stand it because I have to work on many EXCEL files at a time, and computer may freeze if I open the same file again carelessly and I may lose my work data. Other things are all ok. My OS is WINXP PRO SP2, and OFFICE XP (EXCEL 2003). Who can tell me why? I'm not sure why your pc freezes, but excel only allows one open workbook per name (in the same session). weixl wrote: > > If I open another EXCEL file same name as anyone ...

Question Regarding Excel 2007 Formatting Corruption #2

Formatting Lost in Excel 2007
Good afternoon, I've spent a lot of time googling but all I really came up with is that it may be due to links (which I have deleted) so hopefully someone out there will have an answer. We have a very large workbook that has been used since before 2005 that we have never had a problem with. Two months ago, we started using Excel 2007 but had no issues. In about mid-April when opening the file, all of the formatting is gone! So we assumed someone saved it as the wrong file so we copied an older version of the file and reformatted the entire thing. Saved it and reopened and no f...

XML Notepad 2007
Is source available for the XML Notepad 2007 tool? The download states that the source is packaged within the .msi file but we can not find it. Thank you.. The source will be moved to codeplex, but it's taking a while, stay tuned. "John Cheng" <JohnCheng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94DC35B9-B2FB-4D30-8CB9-E983CD7DA64A@microsoft.com... > The overview of the download says the source code is moved to CodePlex. I > could not find it there neither. I would like to know the answer as well. > > "Dave Londeck" wrote: > >> ...

HTML Emails Not Using Default Font
I'm using O2003. I have all my fonts composing, reading, replying/forwarding to be Tahoma 10. Sometimes when I get a message and reply, it defaults to Times New Roman 10. I then need to change it back to Tahoma. Can I change this so it always defaults to Tahoma 10 all the time. In the past I didn't think this could be done, but wanted to ask if maybe it was now possible. Thank you. Shawn ...

Excel opening *.doc & *.txt files
I'm stumped, I've installed WinXP PRO SP1 and Office XP PRO SP3 when I try to open a *.txt or *.doc file (by double clicking in file explorer) Excel opens up and gives me the error that the file is in the wrong format. I've right clicked the files chosen "open with" "choose program" chosen Word and checked the "always use" but it eventually defaults back to attempting to open with Excel. Now that I think about it when I open Word and do a file open it says all of my *.doc files are in the wrong format and refuses to open *.doc files created at work o...

The file artgal50.mmc is in use by another application
I keep getting "The file artgal50.mmc is in use by another application" message when it is not being used by anything else. Any help? Natalierj wrote: > I keep getting "The file artgal50.mmc is in use by another > application" message when it is not being used by anything else. Any > help? ========================== What is the name and version of the program you are running? If you go to the MS Knowledge Base http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1 And search for: Artgal50.mmc You will find several articles that may be useful. -- John Inz...

Changes with Outlook 2007
I'm having some issues with the new "Features" Outlook 2007 has. Some of our executives don't want to see the name of the organizer of the appointments. It leads to confusion for WHO should actually attend. Is there a way to disable that feature, or is there a particular layout which would not show the physical sender's name? Thanks! No; No. It can't be removed and can't be controlled by a view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ O...

Upload/Update files on a server
(sorry for the cross post as my post in WindowForm gets no reply yet). Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right group to ask. Please let me know where this question should go to. I have a window program in which I would like my users to be able to upload files to a centralized folder risde on a server. One way to do this is to make that centralized folder a shared folder and grant users rights to access their files on the server. However, my network administrator would prefer my program to logon to the server with a separate credential (local account to the server) to upda...

where can I find file cp561401.cab?
I am trying to install Office 2003 into a new laptop and it is looking fo rfile CP 561401.CAB. I can't seem to find it on line. Where can I get it? Cab files are on your Offoce CD. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "rutt" <rutt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21A25A72-0CB3-4FF3-8CD8-F5FF77D6D672@microsoft.com... >I am trying to install Office 2003 into a new laptop and it is looking fo > rfile CP 561401.CAB. I can't seem to find it on line. Where can I g...

Default Font #2
I want to change the default font in Publisher 2000. Not sure how to do this - in Word it can be done through the Font dialog box but not in Publisher - any ideas. Thx, All the defaults were removed from Publisher after Publisher 97 as Microsoft decided you no longer needed or wanted these features. Even with Publisher 2003 there are still no defaults added back decided screams from users, but there is a work around add-in that does go partially to fixing the much desired feature for users. -- Hi ���MS�Publisher��� (donotknock@nobodyhome.com) in the newsgroups you posted: || All the...

Opening Office Files in Dual Boot Environment
I have a dual-boot ibook operating in OS9.2.2. Office 98 is loaded, as is the trial version of Office for OSX (not sure which exact version). All my Word, Excel and Powerpoint files exhibit the new OSX version of the Office icons, and I cannot double-click to open the files. Instead, I need to open the application and open the file from within. How can I make the older version of Office apps the "defaults"?? Thanks. ...

File Sharing Problem with Publisher
Publisher 2000 and Windows XP Hello, I have a peer-to-peer network using Windows XP machines. Any time I create a publisher file, when someone else tries to open it up, they receive a message stating that they cannot open the file due to file sharing violations. If I save the file to their workstation, then they can open it up. I only encounter this in Publisher. Any thoughts? Jeff Jeff Bendert wrote: > Publisher 2000 and Windows XP > > Hello, > > I have a peer-to-peer network using Windows XP machines. > > Any time I create a publisher file, when someone else t...

'insert file' missing file types (not all showed)
Hi there, I'm facing a puzzling Outlook 2003 problem so I'm trying the forum to see if anyone encountered similar behaviour and/or found a solution. On 'a couple' of workstations in the company there is a problem when users try to attach files in their e-mails. Not all file types are displayed in the 'insert file' dialog box (yes, *.* selected). For instance .zip files are not displayed. There is no problem receiving these kind of attachments! There is only a problem when trying to select these files as attachment using the 'insert file' dialog. We use ...

Need help for creating Help File in Excel
Hi, I have developed a small program in Excel. I want to creat full-fledged help file for this program. Please help me to create th help file. Suni -- sunil3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sunil31's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1194 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27174 Hi one way: - get the HTML Help Workshop program from Microsoft (free available at Microsoft's site) - create your individual help topics as HTML pages But if this is only a small program mayb...

Money 2007 crashes when opening
I am having similar problems as to an earlier thread - but I am not able to open up any money files. (Tried the sample, blank one, etc.) The moment I start Money I get 'Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close.'. Here's the error in the event log: Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Error Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Description: Faulting application msmoney.exe, version 16.0.0.614, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00001010. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clearing all IE temp data, clearing temp f...

using office 2007 chart in office 2003
I have created a Line chart using Excel 2007 in compatibility mode. When I open the workbook using Excel 2003 it does not know the chart sub-type, and when the chart is regenerated by my macro it defaults to 'Line with markers displayed at each data value'. I need to distribute my chart to users running Office 2003, and I need the chart to retain the original chart type. Any ideas please? The rule of thumb if your workbooks are to be shared with users of different Excel versions, is to create your workbook in the oldest version that any of the users has. Unfortunately Compatibi...