2002 data merge

I have a database of 50 names that I would like to print out as individual
labes on a standard 81/2" X 11" sheet of paper. I would like 10 labels per
page and can work out the page layout in Publisher 2002. When I go to merge
my Works database of the 50 names, I obviously only have one "field" to
insert. As you can see where this is going, when I do my merge, I get a
sheet with 10 labels of the same name. How do I get it to merge a different
name in each label? I went to the following websites:
http://www.kvalheim.org
http://www.users.bigpond.com/auslandline/publisher/

and I am sorry, but didn't find them to be very clear as to how to do it. I
downloaded the sample raffle ticket project and tried to follow the
instructions but couldn't figure out how to create field 2, field3, etc...

Can someone point me to a step by step simplified set of instructions to
accomplish my taks?

John

0
jofoxyz (3)

John,

The following link is the exact steps as to how this is
completed. The only difference being the page is setup
for 10 up business cards instead of your labels.

http://www.mvps.org/publisher/bc200210merge.html

Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP
http://www.kvalheim.org

0
publisher (1244)
9/11/2003 4:08:27 PM
Brian, thank you so very much. The tutorial worked perfect. What was
throwing me off was the Print Preview was only showing the first entry in
each label. Following the instructions got me past that and it worked just
as I wanted.

Thanks again,

John

"Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP]" <publisher@mvps.org> wrote in message
> John,
>
> The following link is the exact steps as to how this is
> completed. The only difference being the page is setup
> for 10 up business cards instead of your labels.
>
> http://www.mvps.org/publisher/bc200210merge.html
>
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.kvalheim.org

0
jofoxyz (3)

'access data on web'
With prior versions of Money, synching w/ the web would (apparently) simply copy data from the Money file to a page behind your login at MSN. I appears that has changed. It looks like MSN is itself going out and downloading information from financial institutions and then that information is updating my Money file. What is actually happening when I elect to make my data accessible on the web? I just want to have my Money stuff copy to my MSN login...is that possible? IF you don't enable transaction download from an FI that is only accessible via a "third party" (Yodlee ...

import data from .txt to excel
Hi, I have various report extracted from different applications in .txt format. I would like to transfer the same report from .txt format to excel.......the report in .txt is generated on regular basis. The report in .txt format contains many unwanted fileds. Can we write a macro to export the data from .txt to excel so that the fileds required can only be exported to excel. Please help.... Cheers, Mandeep The simplest way is to record the process of opening a .txt file with the wizard as a macro. You will have an option for each column to omit it. Regards, Stefi „Mandeep Dhami”...

drop down list that changes the data of 3 other cells
I select a customer from a drop down list and on selection I need 3 discounts to be input into the three cells below. These vary from customer to customer any ideas how I can do This? It sounds like an issue where VLOOKUP can be used (to see how to use VLOOKUP go to http://www.auditexcel.co.za/lookupandreference.html ). Have 3 vlookup cells that make reference to the drop down customer name and pull through the relevant discounts. If I have misunderstood please rephrase your question. "Mark R Burgess" wrote: > I select a customer from a drop down list and on selection I n...

Problems importing 2000 .PST into 2002
Hi, I am using Outlook 2002, release 10.2627.2625. I imported an Outlook 2000 .PST into Outlook 2002 during a move of my computer use/files, etc. to a new computer. Everything seemed to import. However, in the email inbox, all of the "Received" dates on my incoming email were gone. The dates all read "None" now. I repeated this process with an older copy of the backup file to check for possible problems with the source PST file. Got same result and this time, the entire "Sent Items" folder is missing (I had many items in that folder in the old PST)....

data level security in GP
Hello everyone, how can we apply data level security per user, i.e a certain can only be allowed to see a certain customres, vendors, items etc etc. i know that GL accounts can be restricted per user using the organizational structure but how to secure other data ? any help will be really helpful. Regards Ashfaq Look at Field Level Security and Field Level Scripting, both from Great Plains. "Ashfaq Ali" <ashfaq@cyberdude.com> wrote in message news:ej3C9ucFFHA.3972@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > how can we apply data level security per user, i.e a...

format cells that will show the data in parenthesis
I would like to format some cells that I put data into to be in ( ) Parentesis.. How do I do this? An example would have been very useful. Assuming it's negative numbers you want to parenthesize, use a custom format of: #,##0.00;(#,##0.00) Regards, Fred "Hoop" <Hoop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83F809EA-4095-421E-A77C-F4E8DAD85005@microsoft.com... >I would like to format some cells that I put data into to be in ( ) > Parentesis.. How do I do this? ...

How do I make a table that will truncate my data field?
I have a field "0002222 Catheter". I need to create a table that just pulls out the 2222. I thought I could truncate somehow? If the numbers are always first, create a query, and type this into the field row: Val(Nz([F1], "0")) After verifying that this give the right results, you can turn it into a Make Table query, along with the other fields you want. Make Table is on the Query menu, in query design view. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne ...

Outllook 2002 freezes system
When I go to download email outlook 2002 freeezes my computer up after saying it is downloading 3 or 846 messages. (This started mid june about Ive been busy). I have win xp, 512 meg ram 120 g hd space (40 and 80). I deleted old messages (I had 10s of thousands). Still no good. Help please! Try disabling your anti-virus or updating your anti-virus. This is simply your antivirus protecting you from a harmful attachment. >-----Original Message----- > When I go to download email outlook 2002 freeezes my computer up after >saying it is downloading 3 or 846 messages. (This s...

format merged value in word
In older versions of word & excel, a value formated in Excel would hold its format into word through a merge. I need to merge a percent 1 decimal place, but the resulting merge prints to 10 decimals. Help says to format the value in Wrod, but I can only format words, not values. Any help? There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx Dr. Pete wrote: > In older versions of word & excel, a value formated in Excel would hold its &g...

Statistics function to reprofile/redistribute a data set over diff time period
We have a series of data over a time interval. We want to maintain the profile over a reduced interval. We want to total value of the data series to remain the same, but have a new profile with a similar distribution. Simple Example. A data set over 6 (x) month period like this 1 2 2 2 2 1 becomes the following over a 3 (y) month period. 3 4 3 Our problem set has various values of x and y and data set is distributed randomly. Thanks, Vilok I am sure what you are asking for makes sense to you, but I don't know what you mean by 'maintain the profile.' In the original data...

Can't open private folder from Outlook 2002
My PC was upgraded and the .pst file was copied to the new machine. When I tried to open the folder (File, Open, Outlook Data file, and click the .pst file) , I get a pop-up window with the message 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again'. But this is a new machine with much faster speed and memory. When I tried to define the folder (Tools, Options, Mail set up, Data files , open Files.., and click the .pst file) a window pop-up prompting me to open it from a list of programs. If I select Outlook then another pop-up window appeared w...

How do I input address data into a table in Excel 2007?
I want to use a range of cells in one sheet to input address infomation and link it to another sheet table. What logical functions or formulas do I use so that the input will collect in the table in the next avaible row? Thanks ...

Autosorting and working out medalists for data.
"Paul" <none> wrote in message news:<#dBs3nAwDHA.1596@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>... > "Steve Hill" <steve_hill4nojunk@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:1a613ac7.0312110856.4ee75392@posting.google.com... > > I am trying to find a way in which I have a block of data containing > > mostly letters between 1 and 10, but also the occasional "X" and > > return the sum of the block counting the X's as 10 as well as the > > orignal 10's. This would be for an archery spreadsheet and would then > > be able to add up...

bringing in data from another worksgroup to a current workgroup
I have 2 worksheets in different workgroups. They contain similar data but they columns are not in the same order and i don't need all of the columns. Cutting and pasting is tedious because of the inconsistency in the layout. Is there anyway to instruct worksheet A to capture the data from a range of rows in a particular column in worksheet b? In other words, i have the following columns WORKSHEET 1 FIRST NAME: LAST NAME: ID NUMBER, MISC a : MISC B WORKSHEET 2 LAST NAME: FIRST NAME: MISC c: ID NUMBER: MISC D; MISC B I would like to bring the similar fields in WORKSHEET 2, t...

Data lost on Exchange 5.5 to 2003 migration
After performing a migration from Exchange 5.5 to 2003, All seemed to go pretty smoothly. There was one exception. A user complained that her mail and everything was not there. I look at the PST file that EXMERGE created from the 5.5 server and it's all of 30k. Check on the old server again, yep...35k. Told her that was all, but come to find out, she had tons of stuff in there. I was able to figure out from a 3 month old backup that she did indeed have lots of stuff in there. I used EXMERGE on that one and put that info into her new mailbox. Problem I have is with the current datab...

Discontinuous lines in series due to gaps in data points
Sorry, the title probably sounds a little confusing, but hopefully my problem is a quick fix. I have some charts, and in them about 6 different series. Along the x axis, is a bunch of different values, and each series has some values corresponding to some of the x axis values, but not all. So basically right now, some series have gaps, and rather than connect the gaps with a line, Excel seems to just leave a gap in the series, and continue again at the next data point. Hopefully you understand what I'm saying. Is there an easy way to just fill in these series gaps with a straight...

How to sort one column while keeping others row data in sync?
I'm trying to delete data I don't need but I need to keep all Row data in sync while I sort any of the column data. What would I need to do to get this done? Thanx Hi rather than selecting a column & sorting it, click on one cell, then choose data / sort from the menu ... choose your column and sort. Cheers JulieD "newbie" <nospam@spamless.com> wrote in message news:%23TV4K9BVEHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to delete data I don't need but I need to keep all Row data in > sync while I sort any of the column data. > What would I ne...

PowerPoint 2002 and Windows 7
I was told that Office XP works fine in Windows 7 except for Outlook. I am double checking that PowerPoint 2002 will work correctly in Windows 7. Will it? Thanks. ...

Read Only Data
I am trying to "move" a data file from one Win 98 machine to another via a CD Disk. The data file was created in Access 2000 and the receiving machine is also using Access 2000. I can copy the file into a folder in the new machine but when trying to open it I get a message that it is read only and cannot be modified. How can I get a workable copy into the new machine? Tom D Select the file in Windows Explorer, right-click, choose Properties and uncheck the Read-Only check box. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSte...

publisher 2002 and printing
i want to print an 8 page booklet on 11x17 paper. when i go to print preview and view pages 1&8 they print out justfine. when i select pages 2&7 and hit print , pages 1&8 print out. i have a hp1220c printer, unfortunately at this time hp doesnt have a driver for xp for the toolbox. when i had publisher 98 and the hp toolbox i could print this very easily. i also cannot change the order pages to print, the toobar icon in print preview, says change orderof pages, when i click on it nothing can be changed on the window that opens other than the 3 formats that are allowable. Help...

Can PUblisher 2003 send email using Office 2002?
I have Office 2002 and am trying to send a Publisher 2003 doc as an email. The file menu/send email doesn't have "send this page as email". It only gives "send as attachment" option. Embla5 <Embla5@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have Office 2002 and am trying to send a Publisher 2003 doc as an > email. The file menu/send email doesn't have "send this page as > email". It only gives "send as attachment" option. Publisher 2003 requires Outlook 2003 or Outlook Express 6 to be the default email ...

Charting flood data
Does anyone know how to get excel to chart data on a chart like Extreme log paper or log Gumbel chart? Never heard of Extreme log paper or a Gumbel chart, but based on the definition of the Gumbel distribution at Mathworld http://mathworld.wolfram.com/GumbelDistribution.html I presume that it plots ln(-ln(y)) vs. x That is not a chart option in Excel, but you can calculate ln(-ln(y)) in a separate column and plot it directly. Jerry Rick wrote: > Does anyone know how to get excel to chart data on a chart like Extreme log paper or log Gumbel chart? You can use a technique like t...

Layout/Formatting problems of Data Queries in Excel?
I am using Excel 2003 to display a simple table result from an Access 2003 table. 1. When I select a cell location for a Data Query in the XL spreadsheet, Excel moves all text, above or below that cell, to adjacent columns to the right of the selected cell. (Also, there is no undo option and it all has to be manually restored!) 2. In 'Data Range Properties', the option: 'Insert entire rows for new data, clear unused cellls' is selected. Despite this, the data is displayed with only cells inserted, not entire rows, rendering my report useless. ...

Correct Currency Data Type and Validation Coding
Any suggestions are so greatly appreciated as I am really really stuck Using Access 2003 on XP OS My Access and VBA experience is limited. I have a several fields that I am checking for validation as currency. I have two questions 1) what is the best data type for currency. Currently I am using Table Data Type = Number. (I have tried other types with no luck) Field Size = Single Format=Currency. On the form I am formating to currency. 2) I want to be able to check for whole numbers and for those that are entered with a decimal. Currently I am using the below. Pri...