2 panel brochure printing in publisher

I am trying to print a 2 panel brochure in publisher and when I print preview
everything fits but when it prints pages 1, & 3 get cut off. I would like all
the pages to fit and print so the pages are aligned when folded. its an 8x11
normal sheet.

I don't know which margins to use to make it print correctly.

Please help!

Have you setup your brochure as a booklet? Do you know your printers margin
limitations? A tutorial is here:
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag

--
Mary Sauer MVP
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Dominikin" <Dominikin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to print a 2 panel brochure in publisher and when I print preview
> everything fits but when it prints pages 1, & 3 get cut off. I would like all
> the pages to fit and print so the pages are aligned when folded. its an 8x11
> normal sheet.
>
> I don't know which margins to use to make it print correctly.
>

> Please help!

0
Mary
3/22/2010 3:31:53 PM
Thank you for responding. I have it set up as a greeting card. The margins are

L-0.25
R-0.25
T-0.166
B-0.166

I am trying to make a 2 panel brochure that prints on all four sides. I am
using an normal 8x11 sheet. When I print it cuts off the 1st and 3rd page of
the brochure on the right.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Have you setup your brochure as a booklet? Do you know your printers margin
> limitations? A tutorial is here:
> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MVP
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Dominikin" <Dominikin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to print a 2 panel brochure in publisher and when I print preview
> > everything fits but when it prints pages 1, & 3 get cut off. I would like all
> > the pages to fit and print so the pages are aligned when folded. its an 8x11
> > normal sheet.
> >
> > I don't know which margins to use to make it print correctly.
> >

> > Please help!
>

> .

 Did you go to the web site I suggested for your printer margin limitation?
If your bottom margin (right for landscape) is, for example, .5", setup your
publication for the left and right for .5" (landscape)
A booklet setup would be far better than a greeting card setup.

--
Mary Sauer

> Thank you for responding. I have it set up as a greeting card. The margins
> are
>
> L-0.25
> R-0.25
> T-0.166
> B-0.166
>
> I am trying to make a 2 panel brochure that prints on all four sides. I am
> using an normal 8x11 sheet. When I print it cuts off the 1st and 3rd page
> of
> the brochure on the right.  I look forward to hearing from you.
>
> Thank you
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Have you setup your brochure as a booklet? Do you know your printers
>> margin
>> limitations? A tutorial is here:
>> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MVP
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Dominikin" <Dominikin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to print a 2 panel brochure in publisher and when I print
>> >preview
>> > everything fits but when it prints pages 1, & 3 get cut off. I would
>> > like all
>> > the pages to fit and print so the pages are aligned when folded. its an
>> > 8x11
>> > normal sheet.
>> >
>> > I don't know which margins to use to make it print correctly.
>> >

>> > Please help!
>>

>> .

0
Mary
3/22/2010 6:18:00 PM
Yes, but its still cutting it off

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

>  Did you go to the web site I suggested for your printer margin limitation?
> If your bottom margin (right for landscape) is, for example, .5", setup your
> publication for the left and right for .5" (landscape)
> A booklet setup would be far better than a greeting card setup.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Dominikin" <Dominikin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you for responding. I have it set up as a greeting card. The margins
> > are
> >
> > L-0.25
> > R-0.25
> > T-0.166
> > B-0.166
> >
> > I am trying to make a 2 panel brochure that prints on all four sides. I am
> > using an normal 8x11 sheet. When I print it cuts off the 1st and 3rd page
> > of
> > the brochure on the right.  I look forward to hearing from you.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you setup your brochure as a booklet? Do you know your printers
> >> margin
> >> limitations? A tutorial is here:
> >> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MVP
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Dominikin" <Dominikin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

Don't know what else to tell you. Is your printer driver current? You might
check with the manufacturer's web site for an updated driver.
What is your margin limitations?
Open WordPad, File, Page setup, select landscape, type zero in each field,
WordPad will default to your printer margins.

--

> Yes, but its still cutting it off
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>

>>  Did you go to the web site I suggested for your printer margin limitation?
>> If your bottom margin (right for landscape) is, for example, .5", setup your
>> publication for the left and right for .5" (landscape)
>> A booklet setup would be far better than a greeting card setup.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Dominikin" <Dominikin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thank you for responding. I have it set up as a greeting card. The margins
>> > are
>> >
>> > L-0.25
>> > R-0.25
>> > T-0.166
>> > B-0.166
>> >
>> > I am trying to make a 2 panel brochure that prints on all four sides. I am
>> > using an normal 8x11 sheet. When I print it cuts off the 1st and 3rd page
>> > of
>> > the brochure on the right.  I look forward to hearing from you.
>> >
>> > Thank you

>> .

0
Mary
3/22/2010 8:38:07 PM
is there any way I can send it to to set it up. I need this printed asap for
a luncheon I'm hosting. Please help.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Don't know what else to tell you. Is your printer driver current? You might
> check with the manufacturer's web site for an updated driver.
> What is your margin limitations?
> Open WordPad, File, Page setup, select landscape, type zero in each field,
> WordPad will default to your printer margins.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MVP
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Dominikin" <Dominikin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, but its still cutting it off
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >

> >>  Did you go to the web site I suggested for your printer margin limitation?
> >> If your bottom margin (right for landscape) is, for example, .5", setup your
> >> publication for the left and right for .5" (landscape)
> >> A booklet setup would be far better than a greeting card setup.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Dominikin" <Dominikin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

You can send it to me if you wish.
Enclose your printer model and the version of Publisher you are using.

mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com

--

> is there any way I can send it to to set it up. I need this printed asap for
> a luncheon I'm hosting. Please help.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Don't know what else to tell you. Is your printer driver current? You might
>> check with the manufacturer's web site for an updated driver.
>> What is your margin limitations?
>> Open WordPad, File, Page setup, select landscape, type zero in each field,
>> WordPad will default to your printer margins.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MVP
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Dominikin" <Dominikin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes, but its still cutting it off

>> .

0
Mary
3/23/2010 4:13:09 PM
Thank you, I have sent you an email.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You can send it to me if you wish.
> Enclose your printer model and the version of Publisher you are using.
>
> mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MVP
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Dominikin" <Dominikin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > is there any way I can send it to to set it up. I need this printed asap for
> > a luncheon I'm hosting. Please help.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Don't know what else to tell you. Is your printer driver current? You might
> >> check with the manufacturer's web site for an updated driver.
> >> What is your margin limitations?
> >> Open WordPad, File, Page setup, select landscape, type zero in each field,
> >> WordPad will default to your printer margins.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MVP
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Dominikin" <Dominikin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

Print Command Button Corrupted
Hi Guys, Does anyone know how to recreate a corrupted button in Excel 2000? Basically the Print button comes up with error messages when I press onto it. Printing works fine if you select from the File menu, it is just the button. I thought there was a tool to recreate buttons but cannot find it. I have also run detect and repair which did nothing (Surprise surprise! lol) Any ideas would be much appreciated. Try this: In Excel XP, View, Toolbars, Customize. Select the Standard toolbar and Click the Reset Button. Note, that this will cause any customization that you may have made to you...

how do I open files from other versions in Publisher 98?
I have Publisher 98, and am trying to open a Publisher file emailed to me from someone else. I don't know what version they have, but I would guess it's from Windows ME, because I know they don't have XP. And when I try to open it in my Publisher, it says, "Publisher cannot open files from a different version". Is there any update or anything I can download to fix this, or do I have to buy a different version, or is there a way the other person could save their file so that I could open it? Thanks very much. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look...

"TOOLS" menu missing from menu bar #2
"TOOLS" menu is completely missing from the menu bar in Publisher 2003. How do I put it back? Might try a "detect and repair" Meanwhile, right-click a toolbar, click customize, scroll down to built-in menus, drag the tools menu to your toolbar. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Anil Gupta" <AnilGupta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C7ADC1E-A6E9-4F01-8C06-01B92AC7B97B@microsoft.com... > "TOOLS" menu is completely missing from the menu bar in Publisher 20...

Creating a Combination Bar Chart with 2 Lines
I am trying to create a bar chart with 2 line series. The Y-axis for the vertical bars would be on the left and the Y-axis for the 2 line series would be on the right (3 series were defined). The horizontal axis for all series are calendar months (Jan, Feb, etc.) Every time I setup the chart my chart only displays a single line, ignoring the other line series. The vertical bars come out fine. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? Thanks Bill Falzone Don't use the built in types. Make the chart using all columns. Select a series that you want to change (click on it right in th...

Vista, MS Access 2003 and MS ADO Ext 6.0 vs 2.x
I am running into an issue with MS Access 2003 installed on Vista. Apparantly in the MS ADO Ext 6.0 version either (format, round, or sum) is not in that DLL. However, when I link to v2.8 of the DLL, I don't have an issue. I am getting the following error message when running my query. "Function is not available in expressions in query expressions." Does anyone have other workarounds? I am distributing this application in an MDE format, so I was wondering if the end users may experience issues, if I link to my version of msadox.dll instead of the installed version. I tried s...

Printing Question
I have a report that I have been doing in Excel but is better done in Access. However, the report is too large to print on a single page and that is a necessity. With Excel, I just adjusted the scaling. I can't seem to do that with Access I've also tried exporting from Access to Excel, but the calculated fields are not exported. Any suggestions on how I can print the report on one page? Sorry, when I posted, it said there was an error and that I should try posting later. "randlesc" wrote: > I have a report that I have been doing in Excel but is bett...

Cannot Start Outlook #2
I have just run the auomatic windows update on my local PC and now Outlook 2000 will not start. It just hangs at the splash screen. Outlook is configured to connect to Exchange. Other PCs on the same Lan which have not been updated can still connect. The updates installed were 824141, 823182, 826232, 825119, 828035, 828749. I have unistalled all of these updates and Outlook still will not start. Any ideas? Does it start if you run this command from the command line, go to Start > Run > type "outlook /safe" without the quotes but with the space before the Forward slash &...

2 Email domains w/2 Act. Dir. Domains - Same Forest
Hello, Scenario: We've had domain1.com (AD) setup and running in exchange 2003 for a year now w/mixed win2k and win2k3 servers - email domain name is the same, domain1. OWA works great and haven't had any problems. Our company is branching out into a new business segment and I've created a new active dir. domain within the same forest, domain2.local. It is NOT a child domain, but does sit under the same forest. I need to configure my front end/back end exchange 2003 boxes to do the following: -receive email for both email domains (domain1.com and domain2.com) -let users...

Search Multiple Worksheets #2
Is there a way to search trough multiple worksheets for a specific value? Other posts have mentioned to use VBA, but I have never used that before. If anyone can give me some advice on using that or a type of formula to perform that can search multiple worksheets. Thank You There may be other ways but, while holding down the ctrl key select each of the worksheet tabs you want to search in then select Edit|Find from the menu. Type in the value you want and it will go to the first instance of that value. Now if you are wanting to preserve a specifice value for reference or ???, then...

spreadsheet does not print as large as created
I have created a spreadsheet in Excel 2002. Simple layout with number, name, address,blank, blank,number. I created with large font size (28 or 32). I want the columns large enough for me to write in blanks and make notes. When the document is printed (hp laser 5p) the size of the font is not increased. Jim Morgan Memphis Tn Probably because that printer (driver) will not support that font and/or size. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "Jim Morgan" <jmorgan7@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message news:06ce01c34dfe$29c53d90$a401280a@phx.gb...

Determining and Printing a specific page
I have a HUGE Excel spreadsheet and I only want to print a certain page. Is there any way that I can tell what page the row resides on so that I can specifically print only that page of the spreadsheet??? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance! "wnfisba" <wnfisba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F732030-938F-411B-9C46-B1885E6EAD33@microsoft.com... >I have a HUGE Excel spreadsheet and I only want to print a certain page. Is > there any way that I can tell what page the row resides on so that I can > specifically print only that p...

Excel Database
I'm developing a database in Excel and I need some help with macros. The scenario: It's a database of drink short takes for a bar. Each tab has a different summary category, such as spirits, wines, cocktails, etc... Cells in each summary tab links to a new tab, where the data for that entry is explained (the short take sheets themselves). Short take planner Now, imagine a simple monthly calendar, each cell corresponding to each day of the month that has a drop down list of values to choose from. First, I would like to make this drop down list show data from the...

i can change the font on the screen to be large but can't print t.
i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Maybe in the Page Setup you have this setting "fit to1 by 1 page" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tj" <tj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244325C6-A407-4CD8-BE76-75AB3C93A78A@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the > font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

screen prints failing best demonstrated practice
When Outlook messages have screen prints embedded and the email is related and tracked in CRM the screen print does not come over to CRM. I understand this is not supported. But, what are practitioners doing to manage retaining these screen prints as pertinent background for the case. Looking for best practice. ...

print area #2
i cannot clear print area. when i select the print area and 'file', 'print area',the options are not available. any suggestions? When you use this command, Excel creates a range "print_area". Try deleting that range. Stan Scott New York City "bronxxbabe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78dc01c476a2$31509280$a401280a@phx.gbl... > i cannot clear print area. when i select the print area > and 'file', 'print area',the options are not available. > any suggestions? Perhaps you have two or more ...

HTTP Error 401.2
Hi, I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on my Domain controller running windows 2003 standard server and email router on exchange 2003. My local ip subnet is 172.0.0.x With ms vpn connection, I can access to ms crm by using outlook 2003 or internet explorer by opening the default ms crm page remotely. However, if i connect to ms crm with different subnet 10.0.0.x, i cannot connect to ms crm. 10.0.0.x subnet is routed to 172.0.0.x, where my users normally login email from the exchange 2003. What puzzle me is why i can authenticate from exchange 2003 but not ms crm server on using the same...

backup same set of servers from 2 DPM 2007 servers
I am changing the DPM server 2007. However, I would like to take this opportunity to revise all protection groups so that I can restore bare-metal any server from a single lTO-4 tape if possible. During this "transitional period," I would like to leave the existing backup settings on the older DPM server to continue to run while adding jobs to the new DPM server. Looks like to me that I have to re-install the agent on all servers so that they can be recognized by the new DPM server. IS there a better way to do this if my plan is possible at all? Thanks Bill ...

Anyway to open a Publisher 2002 file in Publisher 2000?
I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so I can't have them resave it or resend it. Any ideas Thanks! In news:11BBD624-9460-465D-88EE-60230ADB1F33@microsoft.com, buck <create007@yahoo.com> posted: > I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher > 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or > 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so > I ...

can I add a link in Publisher to display, "join our email list"?
I am creating a fairly simply website and need to add a button for visitors to join our email list. Is this possible in Publisher? Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site and as much detail as possible. DavidF "mfreecox" <mfreecox@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Printing in Landscape mode
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C8C04C.CC21E500 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Is there a code snippet in which I can set the printer print-mode to = Landscape? Ideally, I want to set it in the MFC CView::OnPreparePrinting() method = call. If you have any suggestions... please help. King ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C8C04C.CC21E500 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD H...

moving publisher #2
I bought a computer with publisher bundled (no cd). Now I want to put it on my new laptop. How do I move it from the desktop computer to the laptop???? Cliff without the source CD...you don't. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Cliff" <Cliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336C1CBE-2A51-4B62-B83D-46C35C557B74@microsoft.com... > I bought a computer with publisher bundled (no cd). Now I want to put it > on > my new laptop. How do I move it from the desktop computer to the > laptop???? > > Cliff I...

Average speed #2
Hi all Having trouble working out average speed. miles in a1 =14.3 time in B1 = 0:50:23 this cell has been formatted to HH:MM:SS The formula A1/B1 brings back the wrong answer if I alter to A1/(B1*24) still does not work correctly. Advise please. Thanks Jon "jon" <jon@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4659eb9a$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net... > Hi all > Having trouble working out average speed. > > miles in a1 =14.3 > time in B1 = 0:50:23 this cell has been formatted to HH:MM:SS > > The formula A1/B1 brings back the wrong answer if I al...

Y Axis #2
I have two questions regarding the 'y' axis - in a normal line graph Firstly, how do i get the 'y' axis to appear in the middle of the graph IE to cross the 'x' axis at (0,0) instead of currently (in my graph) (-10,0) Secondly how do i plot the line "X =2" which should just be a vertical line on the graph? I'm using Microsoft Excel 2007 any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi, Not able to test in xl2007 but from memory it should be the same as xl2003. For a line chart, select the x axis and open the format dialog. On the scale tab set Value (Y) axi...

Printing on 2 sides of a page?
How can I print a 2 page spreadsheet on the front and back of the same sheet of paper? Using Excel 2008. Thanks! It depends on whether your printer supports duplex printing. Check your printer's features to find out. If it does, the setting will be available in the Print dialog. You can also do a "manual duplex" job by printing page 1 (or 'Odd pages'), flipping the paper yourself, then print page 2 (or 'Even pages')... If it's only 2 pages that might be the simplest approach. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac "Rick"...