"There is not enough memory to complete this operation."

I just barely downloaded a trial of Publisher 2007. For certain things like
line spacing an paragraph formatting dialogue boxes, I get the above message.
I know for certain it isn't an actual memory problem since I have 4GB and was
using only using half of it when this problem started. I've tried restarting
the program as well as restarting the computer. Help!

The memory error addresses virtual memory. Have you tried Office Diagnostics in
the Help menu?
Maybe Mr. Fixit?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Hitchhiker42" <Hitchhiker42@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just barely downloaded a trial of Publisher 2007. For certain things like
> line spacing an paragraph formatting dialogue boxes, I get the above message.
> I know for certain it isn't an actual memory problem since I have 4GB and was
> using only using half of it when this problem started. I've tried restarting
> the program as well as restarting the computer. Help!

0
Mary
2/17/2010 11:51:52 AM
Alas, Diagnostics thinks everything is fine and dandy, and my problem isn't
common enough for Fixit.

I would also add that I have Office Home and Student, and none of those
programs have ever done this. It's just Publisher.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> The memory error addresses virtual memory. Have you tried Office Diagnostics in
> the Help menu?
> Maybe Mr. Fixit?
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>

> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Hitchhiker42" <Hitchhiker42@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just barely downloaded a trial of Publisher 2007. For certain things like
> > line spacing an paragraph formatting dialogue boxes, I get the above message.
> > I know for certain it isn't an actual memory problem since I have 4GB and was
> > using only using half of it when this problem started. I've tried restarting
> > the program as well as restarting the computer. Help!
>

> .

Do you have Norton? It could be any virus program as well.

How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us

Is your printer driver current? Do you have a default printer selected?
Publisher is more demanding on printers than most programs.

--

> Alas, Diagnostics thinks everything is fine and dandy, and my problem isn't
> common enough for Fixit.
>
> I would also add that I have Office Home and Student, and none of those
> programs have ever done this. It's just Publisher.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> The memory error addresses virtual memory. Have you tried Office Diagnostics
>> in
>> the Help menu?
>> Maybe Mr. Fixit?
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>>

>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Hitchhiker42" <Hitchhiker42@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I just barely downloaded a trial of Publisher 2007. For certain things like
>> > line spacing an paragraph formatting dialogue boxes, I get the above
>> > message.
>> > I know for certain it isn't an actual memory problem since I have 4GB and
>> > was
>> > using only using half of it when this problem started. I've tried
>> > restarting
>> > the program as well as restarting the computer. Help!
>>

>> .

0
Mary