[Publisher 2003] Print large format on single page?!

Hello,

can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single
smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on
several pages.)

Thanks! Frank

Will your printer print a large format poster?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Frank Peters" <frank123.nospam@web.de> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single
> smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on
> several pages.)
>
> Thanks! Frank

---

jl_amerson (3088)
5/25/2004 7:43:12 PM
Some printers (HP) have Zoom Smart that will allow you to print on smaller media. I
can't testify to other printers however. You could convert the poster to an image and
resample it in a paint program.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"JL Paules" <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Will your printer print a large format poster?
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Frank Peters" <frank123.nospam@web.de> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single
> > smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on
> > several pages.)
> >
> > Thanks! Frank
> >

> ---

laserdog (1122)
5/25/2004 8:43:39 PM
> Will your printer print a large format poster?

No - I hoped that Publisher could reduce appropriately the image.

Frank
> Some printers (HP) have Zoom Smart that will allow you to print on
smaller media.

So has mine - but the original object I want to print (a poster) is too
large.

> can't testify to other printers however. You could convert the poster to
an image and
> resample it in a paint program.

That's not as easy as I hoped it would be - but it helps.
Thanks!

Frank

A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Frank
Peters <frank123.nospam@web.de>!"...
> can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single
> smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on
> several pages.)

Select all
Edit > Copy
New Document
Edit > Paste Special > Picture (Enhanced Metafile/EMF)
Resize this to fit your page.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)
5/25/2004 10:15:08 PM
If you can create a .pdf file, you can print it to fit the paper.

--

> > Will your printer print a large format poster?
>
> No - I hoped that Publisher could reduce appropriately the image.
>
> Frank

---

jl_amerson (3088)
5/26/2004 2:25:42 AM
> If you can create a .pdf file, you can print it to fit the paper.

I can only create PDFs by printing it to a virtual printer (FreePDF,
PDFfactory etc.). But how can I tell Publisher to print the whole document
on ONE page instead splitting it on several pages?!

Frank

A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Frank
Peters <frank123.nospam@web.de>!"...
> I can only create PDFs by printing it to a virtual printer (FreePDF,
> PDFfactory etc.). But how can I tell Publisher to print the whole
> document on ONE page instead splitting it on several pages?!

File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper
Select "Properties", and then select a custom page size in there.

(Auf Deutsch: Datei > Seite Einrichten > Drucker und Papier > Eigenschaften)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6342)
5/26/2004 9:39:52 AM
Ed's showing off again!

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Frank
> Peters <frank123.nospam@web.de>!"...
> > I can only create PDFs by printing it to a virtual printer (FreePDF,
> > PDFfactory etc.). But how can I tell Publisher to print the whole
> > document on ONE page instead splitting it on several pages?!
>
> File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper
> Select "Properties", and then select a custom page size in there.
>
> (Auf Deutsch: Datei > Seite Einrichten > Drucker und Papier >
Eigenschaften)

> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

---

jl_amerson (3088)
5/26/2004 7:12:16 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from JL
Paules <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com>!"...
> Ed's showing off again!

I installed the Office 2003 MUI off of my MSDN
Very useful for situations like these (I saw Frank posting his question in
the .de.german.publisher newsgroup, which led me to believe that he could be
using a German version of Publisher)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6342)
5/26/2004 7:30:19 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhh - very nice.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from JL
> Paules <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com>!"...
> > Ed's showing off again!
>
> I installed the Office 2003 MUI off of my MSDN
> Very useful for situations like these (I saw Frank posting his question in
> the .de.german.publisher newsgroup, which led me to believe that he could
be
> using a German version of Publisher)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

---

jl_amerson (3088)
5/26/2004 8:11:38 PM
> > I can only create PDFs by printing it to a virtual printer (FreePDF,
> > PDFfactory etc.). But how can I tell Publisher to print the whole
> > document on ONE page instead splitting it on several pages?!
>
> File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper
> Select "Properties", and then select a custom page size in there.
>
> (Auf Deutsch: Datei > Seite Einrichten > Drucker und Papier >
Eigenschaften)

Ol� - it really works!!

I should have tried the FreePDF printer driver before posting here. It
offers the source format (A0 = 84x119 cm) I was looking for.

Thanks, Ed - also for your German efforts! :-)

Frank

> I installed the Office 2003 MUI off of my MSDN
> Very useful for situations like these (I saw Frank posting his question
in
> the .de.german.publisher newsgroup, which led me to believe that he could
be
> using a German version of Publisher)

In fact I do! Thanks!

Frank

print
how can i print from clistctrl without using CView This article might help you out. I haven't tried this one yet, but it's worth a look: http://www.codeproject.com/Purgatory/printlistctrl.asp Tom "mido1971" <mido1971@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA6BFE63-983C-41E3-B95B-DE9491881E41@microsoft.com... > how can i print from clistctrl without using CView ...

Print Screen Key disabled

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

conditional formatting sort

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

ungroup object in publisher
Hi I did a project about two weeks ago I grouped the items and saved it ,now I want to alter some text but if wont ungroup If the text is still text and not an image, you should be able to edit it without ungrouping. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "docherty" <docherty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38CE759B-F3D4-4862-A00A-653ED3573C0B@microsoft.com... > Hi I did a project about two weeks ago I grouped the items and saved it ,now > I want to alter some text but if wont ungroup...

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

number format with leading 0

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

How to import images from Publisher into Picture Manager?
I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office picture manager. How do I do this? Find the source of those images and save them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Heatherwithaheadache" <Heatherwithaheadache@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1B1DFC9-0639-49BA-8614-A5AC0DDB596D@microsoft.com... >I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office > picture manager. How do I do this? Right-click the picture, save as picture, or copy/paste to a folder. The Picture Manager will search for al...

Margin trouble with Publisher 2003
Hi, all. I've created a brochure using the trifold template, and am having some issues. Some specs: Publisher 2003 Canon i9900 printer, capable of edge-to-edge printing The issue: I can't actually get the publication to print edge-to-edge without the graphics being stretched. Also the margins are messed up. Bryce Alan Katz wrote: > I can't actually get the publication to print edge-to-edge without the > graphics being stretched. Also the margins are messed up. In most printers that support borderless printing, the printer driver stretches the page over the edge (to ...