'missing' pubole32.dll

Is there any way to access/download the pubole32.dll file
needed to run MSPUB without the original CD? My hard drive
crashed and although I was able to back up the app and
install it on my replacement hard drive, the program won't
run because 'the required pubole32.dll' can not be found.
I can't find the original app CD and there doesn't seem to
be any .dll files at all on my MS Office app CD, system
recovery CD or C:/ backup CDs. I can't access some really
important docs I created in MSPUB. Help!
0
anonymous (74722)

You can download it here
http://www.ezgoal.com/channels/developer/f.asp?f=188748&Files=Developer+Software

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Christine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to access/download the pubole32.dll file
> needed to run MSPUB without the original CD? My hard drive
> crashed and although I was able to back up the app and
> install it on my replacement hard drive, the program won't
> run because 'the required pubole32.dll' can not be found.
> I can't find the original app CD and there doesn't seem to
> be any .dll files at all on my MS Office app CD, system
> recovery CD or C:/ backup CDs. I can't access some really
> important docs I created in MSPUB. Help!

0
laserdog (1122)
4/23/2004 4:28:53 PM
Christine wrote:
> Is there any way to access/download the pubole32.dll file
> needed to run MSPUB without the original CD? My hard drive
> crashed and although I was able to back up the app and
> install it on my replacement hard drive, the program won't
> run because 'the required pubole32.dll' can not be found.
> I can't find the original app CD and there doesn't seem to
> be any .dll files at all on my MS Office app CD, system
> recovery CD or C:/ backup CDs. I can't access some really
> important docs I created in MSPUB. Help!

You cannot  "back up" an application and have it work - how are you going to
redo all the 100s of registry entries? You must reinstall it from the
original media.

Unless the reason you don't /have/ the original media is because you
downloaded it - which, unless you have an MSDN subscription, would make you
a thief.

0
cerridwen (233)
4/23/2004 6:57:44 PM
This error only happens with Publisher 97... Much too early for MSDN. I believe the
best in people. The guy seems sincere, why not help?  I've misplaced CD's, it
happens.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message news:40896726$1_3@127.0.0.1...
> Christine wrote:
> > Is there any way to access/download the pubole32.dll file
> > needed to run MSPUB without the original CD? My hard drive
> > crashed and although I was able to back up the app and
> > install it on my replacement hard drive, the program won't
> > run because 'the required pubole32.dll' can not be found.
> > I can't find the original app CD and there doesn't seem to
> > be any .dll files at all on my MS Office app CD, system
> > recovery CD or C:/ backup CDs. I can't access some really
> > important docs I created in MSPUB. Help!
>
> You cannot  "back up" an application and have it work - how are you going to
> redo all the 100s of registry entries? You must reinstall it from the
> original media.
>
> Unless the reason you don't /have/ the original media is because you
> downloaded it - which, unless you have an MSDN subscription, would make you
> a thief.

0
laserdog (1122)
4/23/2004 10:04:46 PM
Mary the guy is a gal.
It will not help without a full installation.
I am not suckered in by anybody.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
4/23/2004 11:38:18 PM
Mary Sauer wrote:
> This error only happens with Publisher 97... Much too early for MSDN.
> I believe the best in people. The guy seems sincere, why not help?
> I've misplaced CD's, it happens.

Mary, I don't mean to be rude, but for a MVP you sure can be incredibly
dense and/or naive sometimes! How do you reinstall an application that
scatters files everywhere, writes 100s of entries in the registry and adds
several hundred files to the Windows folder and then copy it back again?!

The only way you can reinstall is with the CD - without, it's impossible! I
challenge you to prove me wrong!

You cannot "back up and reinstall". Prove me wrong. Go on - I dare ya!

0
cerridwen (233)
4/24/2004 1:05:22 AM
She did say she re-installed. The error will happen without a crash, it is a common
error for Publisher 97 and sometimes 95. Usually one extracts the .dll from the
original disk and all is well. I won't argue the fact I maybe dense, but I do try to
help and this is what this forum is all about.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message news:4089bd51_3@127.0.0.1...
> Mary Sauer wrote:
> > This error only happens with Publisher 97... Much too early for MSDN.
> > I believe the best in people. The guy seems sincere, why not help?
> > I've misplaced CD's, it happens.
>
> Mary, I don't mean to be rude, but for a MVP you sure can be incredibly
> dense and/or naive sometimes! How do you reinstall an application that
> scatters files everywhere, writes 100s of entries in the registry and adds
> several hundred files to the Windows folder and then copy it back again?!
>
> The only way you can reinstall is with the CD - without, it's impossible! I
> challenge you to prove me wrong!
>
> You cannot "back up and reinstall". Prove me wrong. Go on - I dare ya!

0
laserdog (1122)
4/24/2004 8:38:46 AM
Mary Sauer wrote:
> She did say she re-installed. The error will happen without a crash,
> it is a common error for Publisher 97 and sometimes 95. Usually one
> extracts the .dll from the original disk and all is well. I won't
> argue the fact I maybe dense, but I do try to help and this is what
> this forum is all about.

Mary, I suggest you make an appointment with your optician at the earliest
as you're obviously too blind to read what's there! These are direct quotes
from her post: -

"back up the app and install it"

This is impossible without the CD - WHICH SHE DOES NOT HAVE!!

"I can't find the original app CD..."

Is that clear enough for you, or do you want me to reduce it to
monosyllables?!

0
cerridwen (233)

> Mary Sauer wrote:
> > She did say she re-installed. The error will happen without a crash,
> > it is a common error for Publisher 97 and sometimes 95. Usually one
> > extracts the .dll from the original disk and all is well. I won't
> > argue the fact I maybe dense, but I do try to help and this is what
> > this forum is all about.
>
> Mary, I suggest you make an appointment with your optician at the earliest
> as you're obviously too blind to read what's there! These are direct quotes
> from her post: -
>
> "back up the app and install it"
>
> This is impossible without the CD - WHICH SHE DOES NOT HAVE!!
>
> "I can't find the original app CD..."
>
> Is that clear enough for you, or do you want me to reduce it to
> monosyllables?!

0
laserdog (1122)
4/24/2004 6:22:32 PM
I assume the posting is true, the poster said she installed and cannot run the
application because of the missing .dll. Anything you add is your own supposition. I
judge not.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Mary Sauer" <laserdog@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> This is what she wrote:
>
> My hard drive
> crashed and although I was able to back up the app and
> install it on my replacement hard drive, the program won't
> run because 'the required pubole32.dll'
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message
> > Mary Sauer wrote:
> > > She did say she re-installed. The error will happen without a crash,
> > > it is a common error for Publisher 97 and sometimes 95. Usually one
> > > extracts the .dll from the original disk and all is well. I won't
> > > argue the fact I maybe dense, but I do try to help and this is what
> > > this forum is all about.
> >
> > Mary, I suggest you make an appointment with your optician at the earliest
> > as you're obviously too blind to read what's there! These are direct quotes
> > from her post: -
> >
> > "back up the app and install it"
> >
> > This is impossible without the CD - WHICH SHE DOES NOT HAVE!!
> >
> > "I can't find the original app CD..."
> >
> > Is that clear enough for you, or do you want me to reduce it to
> > monosyllables?!

0
laserdog (1122)
4/24/2004 6:30:34 PM
Mary Sauer wrote:
> I assume the posting is true, the poster said she installed and
> cannot run the application because of the missing .dll. Anything you
> add is your own supposition. I judge not.

You're *STILL* spectacularly missing the point! She said she *BACKED IT UP*
which I take to mean copying the files from the Office folder, and then
reinstalled it, presumably by copying them back, yes?! Are you with me so
far, or do you want an annotated diagram?!

She couldn't have reinstalled it *FROM THE CD* - as she *DOESN'T HAVE IT*.

I'm not casting any aspersions - just stating facts - facts which you appear
to be to blind to see - or too dense to grasp.

0
cerridwen (233)
4/25/2004 1:38:57 AM
Sarah,

AFAIK, one cannot backup an application (there are a few simple ones one
can) and then copy it to a HD and have it work. Little things like
writing to the Registry when "installed" or dll's installing into
Windows folders sort of make it hard.

Mike

Cerridwen wrote:
> Mary Sauer wrote:
>
>>I assume the posting is true, the poster said she installed and
>>cannot run the application because of the missing .dll. Anything you
>>add is your own supposition. I judge not.
>

> You're *STILL* spectacularly missing the point! She said she *BACKED IT UP*
> which I take to mean copying the files from the Office folder, and then
> reinstalled it, presumably by copying them back, yes?! Are you with me so
> far, or do you want an annotated diagram?!
>
> She couldn't have reinstalled it *FROM THE CD* - as she *DOESN'T HAVE IT*.
>
> I'm not casting any aspersions - just stating facts - facts which you appear
> to be to blind to see - or too dense to grasp.

0
wordwiz (948)
4/25/2004 3:04:52 AM
Cerridwen/Amethyst/Black Allis/MagRat/Smelly Garlic/Haggard Old Witch or
whatever you are calling your personality  today, what disability do you
have other than the ones you display?

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
4/25/2004 5:31:12 AM
On 24 Apr 2004 13:22, "Mary Sauer" <laserdog@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote:
>This is what she wrote:
>
>My hard drive
>crashed and although I was able to back up the app and install it on my
>replacement hard drive, the program won't run because 'the required
>pubole32.dll'

Excellent catch Mary. I am glad you brought it up without my intervention,
as I was about to :-) --
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP
http://www.mvps.org/publisher

bkvalheim (1291)
4/25/2004 11:59:46 AM
Mike Koewler wrote:
> Sarah,
>
> AFAIK, one cannot backup an application (there are a few simple ones
> one can) and then copy it to a HD and have it work. Little things like
> writing to the Registry when "installed" or dll's installing into
> Windows folders sort of make it hard.
>
> Mike

Michael, that's precisely the point I'm making! You can't back up something
like Publisher. Mary seems unable to grasp that fact.

0
cerridwen (233)
4/25/2004 8:11:48 PM
I can grasp that point. You made up the facts to go along with your assumptions, I
only supplied the help...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message news:408c1b86$1_4@127.0.0.1...
> Mike Koewler wrote:
> > Sarah,
> >
> > AFAIK, one cannot backup an application (there are a few simple ones
> > one can) and then copy it to a HD and have it work. Little things like
> > writing to the Registry when "installed" or dll's installing into
> > Windows folders sort of make it hard.
> >
> > Mike
>

> Michael, that's precisely the point I'm making! You can't back up something
> like Publisher. Mary seems unable to grasp that fact.

0
laserdog (1122)
4/25/2004 10:23:41 PM
Mary don't stress, Cerridwin/Amethyst/Black Allis/MagRat/Smelly
Garlic/Haggard Old Witch etc or whatever she is calling herself today is a
certified mental defective.

Cerridwin/Amethyst/Black Allis/MagRat/Smelly Garlic/Haggard Old Witch etc.
what tablets do you take?
Perhaps you need a large daily dose of Dexamphetamine!

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
4/25/2004 11:19:22 PM
Not to get into any kind of a urinating contest here, but one cannot
"make up" facts. :-)

The original poster (who has not returned) wrote:
My hard drive
crashed and although I was able to back up the app and
install it on my replacement hard drive, the program won't
run because 'the required pubole32.dll' can not be found.
I can't find the original app CD and there doesn't seem to
be any .dll files at all on my MS Office app CD, system
recovery CD or C:/ backup CDs.

One cannot back up most apps, period. One can copy a CD and use it as a
backup, but it doesn't appear from Christine's post she did that, unless
she is talking about C:/Backup CDs. Which begs a question, how can she
access a drive that went belly up?

I went through this many, many years ago, when I thought I had "backed
up" a copy of Excel. It simply won't work. Plus, I have to wonder if she
didn't have a copy of someone's program and that's why there are no CDs
to use.

Mike

Mary Sauer wrote:
> I can grasp that point. You made up the facts to go along with your assumptions, I
> only supplied the help...

0
wordwiz (948)
4/26/2004 12:04:43 AM
David,

Why don't you try being nice, or at least pass on the opportunity to be
mean? Geez, we all only live a short time, Sarah didn't pick on you, why
waste your energy doing some unconstructive. I thought you lived smart
and didn't waste time on things that do not matter.

Okay, I'm going through my Peacemaker Stage. But hey, I need to vent
after having to deal with a city council that tried to screw me every
way it could. BTW, it lost!

Mike

���MS�Publisher��� wrote:
> Mary don't stress, Cerridwin/Amethyst/Black Allis/MagRat/Smelly
> Garlic/Haggard Old Witch etc or whatever she is calling herself today is a
> certified mental defective.
>
> Cerridwin/Amethyst/Black Allis/MagRat/Smelly Garlic/Haggard Old Witch etc.
> what tablets do you take?
> Perhaps you need a large daily dose of Dexamphetamine!

0
wordwiz (948)
4/26/2004 12:11:59 AM
Mike how could any council ever hope to win against the most powerful
newspaper editor in America!!!

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
4/26/2004 12:43:45 AM
David,

Not sure about my power or status, but the guy once proclaimed he was "a
political animal." Yes, this is personal. He made my wife and daughter
cry because of the words he uttered at a council meeting. He could have
messed with me, called me any name he wanted, and it would be water over
the dam. But Tony the Tiger made a BIG mistake when he embarrassed those
whom I hold dear. I know, a bit hypocritical as I am asking you and
Sarah to set aside past differences. But, he doesn't post messages here.
If he did, I would take it to e-mail.

BTW, this "tiger" tried to get a bill passed where my competition would
get a newsletter. No one asked my to bid on it. When I found out about
it and bid, my bid was half of what the other "paper" bid. Since then,
that paper is now part of mine. So I did what was fair - I'm offering to
do their newsletter as what they were willing to pay - twice what I bid.

Mike

���MS�Publisher��� wrote:
> Mike how could any council ever hope to win against the most powerful
> newspaper editor in America!!!

0
wordwiz (948)
4/26/2004 2:42:08 AM
Mike give them a good serve and tune-up at the same time.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)

Missing Functionality
Outlook 2003 does everything I need it to with one exception. I can't figure out a way, using categories, or anything else, to differentiate geographical areas by zip code. It is possible using Outlook, or with an add-in, to bring up a group of contacts by zip code without leaving Outlook? Thank you. Have you tried grouping by Zip Code? Turn on the Advanced Toolbar, use The Phone List view of Contacts and use the Group By Box and Field Chooser to first show the Zip Code field, then drag it into the Group By Box. "Bill Endicott" <b.endicott(***)atpdq.net> wrote i...

Excel and MpDBlf.dll
All of the sudden Excel won't load and at system boot-up I get a "can't find MpDBlf.dll". I assume these two issuess are related. Any ideas on how to fix. The standart "fix it" on the origianl disk did not fix it. It's not an Office file, all I could find with a Google search was that it was connected with Canon printers. Try reinstall windows.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A7DFB30-D00F-44A7-92E2-6116DAC68B22@microsoft.com... > All of the sudden Excel won't load and at ...

Adobe Acrobat PDF buttons are missing from Publisher
The Acrobat PDF conversion buttons have gone missing from my Publisher 2003 program. They are still available in Word, and other software. How can I restore the buttons in Publisher? The Acrobat is Professional, V. 7.0.09-- current. The only way at present to convert docs is to go to the distiller, and reverse-engineer them. ShastAA wrote: > The Acrobat PDF conversion buttons have gone missing from my Publisher 2003 > program. They are still available in Word, and other software. How can I > restore the buttons in Publisher? Try Help > About and look for Disabled I...

Outlook 2003 email reply text missing?
Has anyone experienced the following?: I have received two email replies this evening (from earlier, separate emails I sent) which appear to be simply a copy of my original email (i.e., no reply text). The first one I received did not trigger any alarms as I figured the fellow simply hit the reply key in error, but when I received a similar one later from another individual, I began probing. I emailed one of the guys and asked if he had, as I surmised, simply hit the reply key in error. He responded quickly, but with another email which contained only my emails-- and none of his reply text...

Mailbox store missing from on-media catalog
Hi, Im trying to restore a mailbox from an older backup that was created using ntbackup 'full system backup' option. I assumed that the mailbox store would be a part of this catalog, but it is not listed. I do see the c:\Program Files\Exchsrvr directory which has been backup up, but only the log files are shown within the MDBDATA folder where I am expecting to also see the .edb and ..stm files. Please advise charlie at im-design dot net In your backup routine you have to separately backup "Infomation Store". Charlie wrote: > Hi, > > Im trying to restore a ...

Programming Dll for outlook
Hello you all, I created a dll that is called in the send-event of outlook. The dll automatically inserts some standard text in the mail and the user has to give some parameters in a form. Everything works fine. There is only one problem. If I try to send an e-mail from within another office-application (word, powerpoint,...) the application hangs. It looks like the form is called and loaded, but it doesn't show on the screen. The application waits the "ok-button" to be clicked, but this can't be done by the user because he does not see the form!! Does anyone have a expl...

Corrupt or Missing Config.sys
Windows SBS 2003. Server crashed and now has the message "Missing or Corrupt Config.sys". To fix this, is it just a matter of using the Recovery Console and copying Config.sys from the original CD? Thanks. John, On most of the SBS 2003 installs that config.sys is just a text file from a long ago era called DOS. You can create an empty config.sys file by using these commands. 1) Open a Command Window by clicking on the Start Button and then click run. 2) Now type cmd and click ok. 3) When the command window comes up type CD\ to get you to the root of the ...

Missing Outlook.pst message
I have had Office XP for a year. I upgraded to Windows XP last week. I hated it and uninstalled it, reverting back to Windows ME, but not before I messed up Outlook. So I uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook. I am getting the message "the file C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst could not be found." I think I have inadvertently erased this file somehow. I was hoping that by doing so, the disk would just reinstall all of Outlook, but it seems to keep looking for these missing files. Stupid, I know. How do I get it to reinstall Outlook back to a fresh ori...

Solver missing from tools menu
I have solver installed through the add-ins item on the Tools menu (found solver using browse; item is checked). However, it doesn't show up on the Tools menu and so I can't actually access the solver. I've tried repairing and reinstalling Excel, but that doesn't seem to affect things. I also tried registering the FM20.dll, which was mentioned in a post I located. Neither seems to do anything. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice appreciated! Andrew It's curious that you had to browse for Solver. It should have been in the Add-ins list. I'm wondering if ...

owaauth.dll error on child domain
Hi, We have a wk3 network with 2 child domains. We deployed Exchange 2003 OWA today and for some reason, one of the child domains gives a 500 Internal Server error (This error means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.) It is trying to get to http://www.domain.com/exchweb/bin/auth/owaauth.dll Any advice what I need to do to get this working for the child domain? TIA -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ "Blarney" <Blarney@blarney.com> wrote in message news:op.tfv3...

EXCEL caused an IPF in module OLEAUT32.DLL
I'm using Microsoft Office 2000 Professional on Win98-SE, I suddenly began getting the error message: EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module OLEAUT32.DLL at 0187:653aac21. Registers: EAX=000047e9 CS=0187 EIP=653aac21 EFLGS=00010282 EBX=0040fd9c SS=018f ESP=0062b54c EBP=0062b5bc ECX=65350218 DS=018f ESI=00000000 FS=0f57 EDX=00000000 ES=018f EDI=00000001 GS=0000 I tried re-installing EXCEL but that didn't work. I changed the Oleaut32.dll with an older version and that also didn't work. I ran Office Setup and chose to run EXCEL from the CD and it went smooth without problems. ...

Toolbar Missing In Excel

Sites and Service missing servers
Hi there, I just went into sites and services and noticed all the servers are missing. Have I disabled an option that shows the server or could it be a permissions thing (although I'm domain admin with all extras... enterprise and schema admins, etc..) Any ideas? Fred. Hello fred, First i would check under VIEW, FILTER OPTIONS if some filters are enabled. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www....

Sent Items Missing in Outlook 2002
I recently restored an Outlook .pst file and everything transferred fine back into Outlook except for the Sent items. The only items in my Sent box are the ones from my restore point forward. What could have happened to them? ...

missing Outlook Voting buttons on some recipients only
Hello, I recently sent out a mail message to my whole company with voting buttons. Some of my colleages claim the voting buttons are not there/ visible. What could be the cause(s)? I am using Outlook 2002 and Exchange Server 2000. Regards, Marinus. Is everyone on exchange server? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slips...

missing statements
samantha i am sending a list of the pll numbers that we do not have statments for which you said would be sent to me via my email thank you alice crego pll0806860 0924096 0877529 0967431 0980088 0990138 ...

Missing email proposal in address field of new email
Hi, Where I work we are using Microsoft Outlook 2007 and windows XP professional. We do not have the routine to save all our contact information in Microsoft outlook contact. This has not been a problem up until now. Normally when we are starting to type an email address in the address field of a new email, outlook have always remembered and given us proposals of matching email addresses to which we have sent emails earlier. Today this did not work for one of our colleagues. It seems as some "memory bank" of outlook just vanished for his profile. My questions ...

Missing File
HELP!!! I'm at a loss as to what to do. I developed a flyer in Publisher 2000, then emailed a copy to myself to be certain the document would open when emailed to contacts. However, when I tried opening the attached document on Outlook Express I received a message telling me Windows could not locate pmw.exe. Because I'm unsure if this is a file for Publisher 2000 or for Windows 2000... I need some direction. I tried re-installing Publisher 2000... that did not help. I've searched my files for pmw.exe to no avail. Any help someone might be able to lend would be most ...

export CRuntimeClass variable from extension dll
Hello, In my existing code I extensively use the following possibility to export CRuntimeClass static variable from extension DLL for dynamic creation of incapsulated objects in client application. /* Compile options needed: None */ // MYCLASS.H // The following class declaration illustrates the CORRECT // way to declare the AFX_DATA symbol when exporting a class // from an extension DLL #undef AFX_DATA #define AFX_DATA AFX_EXT_CLASS class CMyClass : public CObject { DECLARE_DYNCREATE() // ... other class members omitted for clarity }; #undef AFX_DATA #define AFX_DATA // en...

word 2004 won't open graph / missing PowerPoint.Slide8-Objekte

OUTLOOK caused a stack fault in module INETCOMM.DLL at 0167:5ec77385
I have received the following error message when attempting to send an email with a large number of rcipients: OUTLOOK caused a stack fault in module INETCOMM.DLL at 0167:5ec77385 I've tried repairing Outlook through Control Panel Add/Remove Programs and also reinstalled IE 6 which is supposed to replace the INETCOMM.DLL file. Any suggestions on how to correct this problem? jdbenjamin@lycos.com wrote: > I have received the following error message when attempting to send an > email with a large number of rcipients: > > OUTLOOK caused a stack fault in module INETC...

SQL Server 2005: Management Studio missing after setup
hi everyone i already posted this in the setup group but couldn't get a reply up until now. yesterday i was experiencing some issues trying to install SQL Server 2005 on my Windows Server 2008 R2 box (64-bit). after i completed the installation i can't seem to find the SQL Management Studio. i have selected all components to be installed, including "workstation components, books online and development tools". i tried searching for SQLWB.exe but couldn't find anything. thanks for your help! cheers marc -- MCP, EPM consultant Zurich, Switz...

Personal Folders Service is Missing
When I try to set up personal folders, that option is missing. I have a standard image from the company, but I don't have that option. My Help Desk is looking for an answer, but I need one vy soon to work efficiently. Thanks ...

missing/lost files in office 2007 (64bit) after saving
We have deployed Office 2007 on a SBS 2008 network (64bit) after some problems converting the ACT data base & associated Excel & Word 2003 document formats everything seemed to getting along. Yesterday I had a call to say an Excel spread sheet, converted on the 9th March, had disappeared after a recent save. The shared spread sheet (located @ \\server1\actshare\documents) has been used for several days & it appears in the “recently opened” list at the top of the workbook but when they try to open it they receive a file path error & when I search the server the fi...