"Memory" errors in Publisher 2002

A customer reports that Publisher 2002 was running fine.
Now the program will open, but whenever you do anything
(open a file, click Help/About, etc.) you get an error
message:

The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory
at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read."

The hex numbers change.

I can find nothing about this specific behavior in the MS
knowledge base.

I removed and reinstalled the product but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

Possibly corrupt printer driver.  Try shorting the name of the printer to 8
characters.

If that does not work, DELETE the present printer driver and if it asks do
you want to remove files no longer needed - answer YES.

Download and install the latest printer driver from the website of your
printer manufacturer.

donotknock (1941)

CPtrArray and memory usage
Hi All, I have an application written in VC++ V6, which runs 24x7. It uses CPtrArray for storing information. I found that when I add and subsequently delete the member variables from the arrays, the memory size (as displayed on the task bar) does not reduce to the previous level. Because of this my application seems to be using up app 1.5 GB of memory at some point in time. The memory usage seems to stabilize after that. My application has around 56*3 arrays, and each of these arrays have pointer to different complex class object. The class objects have both CString, and integer me...

Could not allocate dynamic memory
We have one workstation that keeps getting the error message, "could not allocate dynamic memory". This occurs while trying to print either an AP check batch or an AP Transaction check. We did reboot but the error came back. Any suggestions? Elaine, Normally such errors are either corrupted dictionaries or hardware incompatibility; what can you do now is trying to reinstall GP, it will probably help. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohd...

MsOutlook alocated too much memory, but..!
Like I say, when my MsOutlook started - it's alocated more than 150MB phisycal memory.Summary size of files .pst and o.ost is 30MB -size of this files it doesn't mater - I checked. But! When I minimize MsOutlook - then the outlook.exe process keep just only 20-40 MB AND maximize window dont alocate more RAM memory -it's still 20-40MB and i have ~100MB more free phisical memory WTF? when I have 15 users conected to Ms Terminal Server and they use MsOutlook it is a very serious problem for me - they need to use the MsOutlook- a can't kick it out :/ PS MsOutlook use work wi...

memory leak on ctreectrl::getitemtext
Hi, I'm using a ctreectrl in my project. In my code , I use the function GetItemText to get the value of item. And when I close my application, I have a memory leak. Boundcheck tells me that I don't free memory allocated by the function CString::GetBuffer() called by ctreectrl::GetItemText(). Have you got an idea on this problem Many thanks in advance for your help. >I'm using a ctreectrl in my project. >In my code , I use the function GetItemText to get the value of item. >And when I close my application, I have a memory leak. >Boundcheck tells me that I don't f...

total memory available is only 3.3GB with 4GB physical memory under windows 7 64 bit 11-29-09
I had 4GB physical memoryon the PC. With Windows vista 32 bit, available memory is shown as 3.3GB. I asked and was told that only under 64 bit windows, will the available memory be 4GB. When I upgraded to windows 7, I chosed 64 bit, but the available memory shown in the system is still 3.3 GB. Why is this and is there a way to make the full 4GB available? It's possible that my video card is using RAM instead of its own RAM. If I install a video card with its own RAM, will the full 4GB be available? Thanks. Little has changed in this respect in Windows 7. Starting wit...

Memory problem using PP 2007 and PFCmedia add-in.
Hi All, I have been using PFCmedia add-in to get short videos to run in powerpoint. This no longer works. When I try to insert 'Media from File' I get the following message: 'Attempted to read or write protected memory.This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt MFF-PRX-10001'. I am using Windows 7 on a Vaio VGN-FE41E with duo core T5500 processor and 2Gb Ram. Can anyone suggest a solution please? =?Utf-8?B?dGVycnlw?= <terryp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:951ED1E7-4FDC-4D4D-B7DB-F16C89A3FDAE@microsoft.com: > I have been using PFC...

still virtual memory
Hello, I have an programm and we still inspect why the virtual memory growes and growes after repainting. With _CrtMemCheckpoint and _CrtMemDifferent we control the main heap in the programm - the result, nothing is wrong. But we want to control all the heap of the programm, so we use 'GetProcessHeaps' and 'HeapCompact': then we have in a simple programm mode 10 heaps. From one of them, the biggest free block goes down - all the other are stabil. And the virtual memory growes. Did anyone, in which way we get more informations about the heap in our programm. We do not crea...

Out of Memory error when attempting Data Merge in Word
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I have set up a spreadsheet in Excel to keep track of high school band booster money (seventy members), and am trying to data merge the file into word to create individual account statements. There are five worksheets in the Excel file but I'm trying to merge just the first worksheet whose totals are linked to the rest of the sheets. When attempting the Data Merge, I am getting error messages that tell me that "Word was unable to open the data source" followed by "there is not enough memory or disk space ...

Virtual Memory warnings in XP x64 with 6Gb of RAM?
I'm running XP x64 on a reasonably-specced machine with 6Gb of RAM. I frequently get 'Virtual Memory Too Low' warnings, even though Task Manager shows I have 3 - 4 gB of FREE ram. WTF? Why is Windows trying to save stuff to my insanely slow hdd when there's bucket-loads of free ultra-fast RAM? Is it f'in insane? On May 22, 10:31=A0pm, justageezer <justagee...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm running XP x64 on a reasonably-specced machine with 6Gb of RAM. I > frequently get 'Virtual Memory Too Low' warnings, even though Task Mana...

Exchange 2003
Greetings, I'm not sure if this is related, but we instituted recipient filtering on Friday. Now it turns out that we are getting intermittent errors on our exchange server where it will reject senders who initiate SMTP sessions with it. When there is verbose output, it will give something to the tune of "Error 452 4.3.1 Out of Memory". This happens even when directly telnetted into port 25 of the server. You can put the same address in the "Mail from:" command 10 times, and it will accept it 9 times. 1 time it will say "Out of Memory" and close the sessi...

Re: OE won's send email, insufficient memory 02-26-10
"dada" <ali-mehrvar22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:... > > "dada" <ali-mehrvar22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:... >> >> "BlueMagoo" <BlueMagoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >> news:0CE239C6-E6D5-483C-BEA2-A8B98548C13F@microsoft.com... >>> Suddenly OE will not send email but gives a "not enough memory" message. >>> My >>> sent mail folder is suddenly empty as well. Also, if I try to move a >>> message >>> into the now empty sent mal...

Memory leak CInternetSession::OpenURL
Including this snippet of code pretty much anywhere in any function... CInternetSession session; session.OpenURL(_T("http://www.microsoft.com")); session.Close(); causes the following memory leak in VC++ 7.1 Detected memory leaks! Dumping objects -> {80950} normal block at 0x02EB78A0, 20 bytes long. Data: < = > D8 9C 3D 01 03 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 {80949} normal block at 0x021F4C28, 18 bytes long. Data: < = > D8 9C 3D 01 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 {80948} normal block at 0x02EB1028, 34 bytes long. Data: < = ...

need more memory
Getting an error titled Mail "You need more memory or system resources. Close some windows and try again. OK" on my Win2k SP4 w/Outlook 2002 SP2 pc when I try to open the Mail icon in the Control Panel. Have tried copying mapi.dll and mapi32.dll files from an identical pc that works fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Memory Leake with CRecordset VC++ 6.0
My programm works with Windows2000Prof without any problem. But if the programm run under Windows NT 4.0 it generates memory leakes. The database Access97 will be connected over ODBC mdac V 2.1.3711 ODBC 4.00.3711.08 It's true that this effect depends on the mdac Version? ...

Why do i get a memory leak and program crash
The code: char acBuf[MAX_PATH]; GetModuleFileName(NULL, acBuf, sizeof(acBuf)); cout << "getmodulefilename() " << acBuf << endl; std::string SysDir = acBuf; std::string SysDir2 = ""; if (strrchr(SysDir.c_str(), '\\') != NULL) { SysDir2 = SysDir.substr (0, SysDir.find_last_of ('\\')); SysDir2.append ("\\lsp.dll"); } cout << "SysDir2 = " << SysDir2 << endl; cout << "length = " << SysDir2.size() << endl; wchar_t *wSysDir = (wchar_t*) malloc(sizeof(wchar_t)); m...

How to keep XSLs in Memory?
Hello, I'm working on a project that uses over a hundred XLSs for transforming xml documents. The project consists of several webservices (IIS) calling a few dlls. This dlls make the business logic and are the ones that do the transformation, so the XLSs are used by these dlls. Right now we have the XSLs files on hard disk. This means there is lots of reading from disk. Since reading from disk is much slower than reading from memory I am looking for a way to keep them in memory. Any Ideas? Will IIS cache them? How? (Keep in mind they are used by the dlls) I also was thinking simple...

Memory Leak --GetDC --ReleaseDC
I have an application which has a simple dialog class. It has a function which is called 20 times in a second from the application. In this function I draw a bitmap according to the given rgb buffer. My Code is in .h file /******************************************************************************/ private: BITMAPINFOHEADER bih; PAINTSTRUCT ps; int width, height; public: void SetRGBBuf(unsigned char *buf); /******************************************************************************/ in c. file /******************************************************************************/ CVide...

Release Version.. using memory big.. because CString in class
Release Version Only Problem.. this simple.. class include member variable CString, make many object and free. but programe using memory size is big and big..(only release version, debug version is correct) ========exam code============== #include <afxtempl.h> class CObj:public CObject { public: __int64 a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h; CString sa,sb,sc,sd,se; }; void TestFunc() { CTypedPtrArray<CPtrArray,CObj*> m_array; CObj *p; for (int i=0;i<120000;i++) { p=new CObj; p->sa="123"; m_array.Add(p); } for (i=0;i<m_array.GetSize();i++) delete m_array[m_array....

Memory Leak with CMemFile
After quite awhile tracking down a memory leak this morning, I came across one that doesn't seem to be documented anywhere. The offending code looked like this: { CMemFile mf; .... BYTE *pBuf = memFile.Detach(); // do something with the buffer memFile.Attach(pBuf, len); } While you might think that Attach puts things back to how they used to be, it in fact changes the m_bAutoDelete protected member of CMemFile to be FALSE, and therefore doesn't clean up the memory. So, you'll need to do this instead to avoid the leak.... { CMemFile mf; .... BYTE *pBuf = memFile.Detach(...

memory usage sqlservr.exe in SBS2008
Hello, I have installed a new SBS2008 standard server, no clients connected yet. I did MS updates on the server and all went fine. now i check the server and found out that sqlservr.exe is ussing 5.154.776kB This is very large and I want to adjust the max of usage. is this possible and how to? in command line or in studio manager? i tried this http://www.smallbizserver.net/Articles/tabid/266/Id/327/categoryId/62/How-to-set-memory-usage-of-the-Internal-Database-on-a-SBS-2008.aspx but i get: user does not have permission... regards Marc Hi Marc: In the enhanced security mo...

How can i solve 'out of memory' problem?
I restart IIS Admin Service each time for solving this problem. But it happens again and again. What's the problem? What i have to do? I'm managing Exchange Server 2003 on Windows server 2003. Are you aware of this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=810371? "cfgret" <ddd@ddd.com> wrote in message news:ObeEYbP6EHA.3756@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I restart IIS Admin Service each time for solving this problem. But it >happens again and again. What's the problem? What i have to do? I'm >managing Exchange Server 2003 on Windows s...

Error "Insufficient Memory for Screens"
I need to pull some information from our old Great Plains 9.2 system. When I try to log in, I get the above error message. Any ideas? There is plenty of physical memory/resources available. I have run virus and adware scans. This is a Windows 98 system. What kind of memory is this message referring to? In article <C4C4E86C-6B94-4218-9C37-AA9636D9ACBF@microsoft.com>, emaher@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I need to pull some information from our old Great Plains 9.2 system. When I > try to log in, I get the above error message. Any ideas? There is plenty of >...

Memory alert
Recently I've been getting the following alert, "Windows is low on memory. To free up memory, save your work and close other programs; then continue." when I Copy from an email and attempt to paste in Publisher 2000. A work-around is, Copy from the email, paste to Word, then Copy from Word and Paste to Publisher. Anyone with a fix to do the Copying from email directly to Publisher? Recently upgraded from IE 6 to IE 8. 'Got 2.0 GB of RAM Many thanks, -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA What happens if you disable your virus software before the copy? Is your ...

XP SP3 desktop using excessive memory
I have a Dell Inspiron desktop, XP SP3 has been running great, then my user called me, said the system is very slow. I went to task manager and saw they were using double the physical memory they have, I checked processes --- nothing is using excessive memory. When the user went to lunch I ran performace tests to see if paging problems, memory leaks --- the system is free from viruses, I got the following --- memory\available bytes - using 100% memory\pages/sec - using 100% memory\pool nonpaged bytes - using 100% memory\pool\nonpaged allocs - using 100% I powered off t...

Limits to memory allocated in DLL
Hi! Everybody, Is there any limits to the amount of memory that can be allocated inside a DLL? I am creating the following array inside a dll: double array [150000]; //crashes On calling the dll from the application, the error message says: "unhandled exception ..... 0xC00000FD: Stack Overflow" I noted that an array of size 15000 works that made me wonder if there is a memory-size constraint. any insights would be appreciated. you are probably trying to declare that array within a function body. the problem is that the array is then allocated on the stack, which only has a ...