why is resource usage showing milestones as unassigned tasks?

The Resource Usage Sheet is showing all of my milestones as unassigned tasks.
Is there a way to modify this so that it does not consider milestones on the
Resource Usage sheet?
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello Tammy,

I assume you mean you are seeing the milestones under the
grouping "Unassigned" in the Resource Usage view. This is
expected if you do not assign resources to the milestones (and I
personally do not).

Unfortunately it does not appear that a simple filter for Name <>
"Unassigned" works.  The only way I could hide the tasks was to
drop a Flag field and set the milestone tasks to "Yes" and then
filter for Flag1= "No".

I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

On 2/16/2010 4:48 PM, Tammy B wrote:
> The Resource Usage Sheet is showing all of my milestones as unassigned tasks.
> Is there a way to modify this so that it does not consider milestones on the
> Resource Usage sheet?
0
JulieS

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01CAAFB3.F9BFE4F0

Hi Tammy,

You could create a resource called "Milestones" and assign that to each =
milestone with zero work.  They will then all be grouped under =
Milestones.

Mike Glen
Project MVP
See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free Project Tutorials

  "JulieS" <JulieS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Hello Tammy,

  I assume you mean you are seeing the milestones under the=20
  grouping "Unassigned" in the Resource Usage view. This is=20
  expected if you do not assign resources to the milestones (and I=20
  personally do not).

  Unfortunately it does not appear that a simple filter for Name <>=20
  "Unassigned" works.  The only way I could hide the tasks was to=20
  drop a Flag field and set the milestone tasks to "Yes" and then=20
  filter for Flag1=3D "No".

  I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.

  Julie
  Project MVP

  Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
  information about Microsoft Project

  On 2/16/2010 4:48 PM, Tammy B wrote:
  > The Resource Usage Sheet is showing all of my milestones as =
unassigned tasks.
  > Is there a way to modify this so that it does not consider =
milestones on the
  > Resource Usage sheet?
------=_NextPart_000_0032_01CAAFB3.F9BFE4F0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16490"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi Tammy,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">You could create a resource called =
"Milestones"=20
and assign that to each milestone with zero work.&nbsp; They will then =
all be=20
grouped under Milestones.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Project MVP</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">See <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc">http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc</A> for my =
free Project=20
Tutorials</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"JulieS" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:JulieS@discussions.microsoft.com">JulieS@discussions.micro=
soft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:O75NUS1rKHA.728@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:O75NUS1rKHA.728@T=
K2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>Hello=20
  Tammy,<BR><BR>I assume you mean you are seeing the milestones under =
the=20
  <BR>grouping "Unassigned" in the Resource Usage view. This is =
<BR>expected if=20
  you do not assign resources to the milestones (and I <BR>personally do =

  not).<BR><BR>Unfortunately it does not appear that a simple filter for =
Name=20
  &lt;&gt; <BR>"Unassigned" works.&nbsp; The only way I could hide the =
tasks was=20
  to <BR>drop a Flag field and set the milestone tasks to "Yes" and then =

  <BR>filter for Flag1=3D "No".<BR><BR>I hope this helps.&nbsp; Let us =
know how=20
  you get along.<BR><BR>Julie<BR>Project MVP<BR><BR>Visit <A=20
  href=3D"http://project.mvps.org/">http://project.mvps.org/</A> for the =
FAQs and=20
  additional<BR>information about Microsoft Project<BR><BR>On 2/16/2010 =
4:48 PM,=20
  Tammy B wrote:<BR>&gt; The Resource Usage Sheet is showing all of my=20
  milestones as unassigned tasks.<BR>&gt; Is there a way to modify this =
so that=20
  it does not consider milestones on the<BR>&gt; Resource Usage=20
sheet?</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01CAAFB3.F9BFE4F0--

0
Mike

words no fully showing up
When I use a pulldown menu on a web page, the words are covering each other up. It's like the space used is too small. Could this have anything to do with my resolution? On Jan 5, 7:46=A0pm, chaos <ch...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I use a pulldown menu on a web page, the words are covering each oth= er > up. =A0It's like the space used is too small. =A0Could this have anything= to do > with my resolution? Depending on what you use as a browser, you can reset the font size but that may not suit you as far as the rest of the PC looks with th...

how to hide a empty txtbox and show a label??
Hello Guys, I have a report and I'm trying to do the following: If a record has a null value for "Worker" then I want to show a label called "Vacant". I've tried to put the following in various placed (using the code button) but can't seem to figure it out. The report is based on a join query from 2 tables, one table "MasterData" contains the people and "Jobs" contains the various information about the jobs (payrange, hiredate etc...) TIA, _Bigred Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) If IsNull(Me!Worker) Then Me!Worker.Visib...

show attachments in header of printed sent email
Hi - any help gratefully received. I just switched from OE to Outlook and find that although screen view shows details of the attachments to sent emails these dont show when I print out the emails. In other words, I am having to handwrite on print out of sent email "attached ..........". It makes no difference whether I tick the option to print out the attachment at the same time as the email itself either. Hope I've made myself clear!!!! Sandy sandieblue <sandieblue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi - any help gratefully received. I just switched fro...

resource time
Hi, Is there documented information (MS or other) for how much resource time is required to support common exchange server and client tasks? Basically the day to day tasks. The only documented information i have come across is that it takes about .25 Administrators for every 100 users. thanks. wow, where did you find that statistic? I'd like to show it to my boss...I single-handedly support over 8,000 users here, and also assist with support for two remote sites...that being said, Exchange support (excluding support for Outlook issues, which is a lot of what I have to do) boils down...

New users not showing up in GAL
We have a single site, single server, Exchange 2003 implementation. Until yesterday we only had one information store inside our single storage group, which contains accounts for faculty and staff. Since we needed to create accounts for students we decided to create a new 'students' store, and were able to create accounts that appear to function just fine. However, users in the 'faculty/staff' store can not see the users from the 'students' store in the GAL. They can send email messages to these accounts, they just don't show up. Any ideas how to make the ...

New contacts not showing when selecting the "To" button on a new e
Hello, If I add a new contact in Outlook 2003. Then I go to compose a new email. When I select the "To" buttom and either search or look for the new contact I created. It doesn't not show up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tony Two possibilities: 1. Your Contact doesn't have a resolved, valid electronic address 2. You did not add the Contact to the same folder you are displaying in the address book view. -- Russ Valentine "Tony414" <Tony414@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE3B3E10-8FCD-4840-8924-5B33D99A1F25@mi...

Additional Priorities for Tasks?
I have seen posts that state that the only way to get more options for task priorities other than high, normal and low, is to add a custom field. I don't really know how to do that. Is there an add-in out there that would help in this area? Thanks! You can do an awful lot with Categories as well as Priority. If you're not using Categories for Tasks, have a look at them. Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant read my articles here: www.judygleeson.com Canberra, Australia how to post questions: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375 "mtbcpa" <mtbcpa@yaho...

how do i update assigned tasks when completed
I get an email back to say the task is complete but it hasn't updated the task on my list with the information. Do i have to update it myself? If a copy of the task remains in the sent folder and its not updated when you open the update message, yes, you need to do it yourself. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSL...

Pop up calendar won't show in Excel 2000
A pop up calendar in a form created in Excel 2003 shows up as a red X in Excel 2000. Is there a patch that can be downloaded. Need help! Juls It is probably because the newer file used a control not in the older files library. You could open the VBE and see if there is a calendar control under Tools>References... and try checking it. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Juls" <Juls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4CD8025-CEEB-43F3-BA90-90C4A64F9D14@microsoft.com... >A pop up ca...

How do I replicate calendar, task information between profiles
hi, I have several profiles in my outlook, each for a POP email account. However, I would like to share the information in the calendar and task for all the profile. Is it possible? thanks! "silverfish" <tommytwh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138154105.474995.116390@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hi, > > I have several profiles in my outlook, each for a POP email account. > However, I would like to share the information in the calendar and task > for all the profile. Is it possible? > > thanks! > See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshar...

Make all of Outlook searchable (ie. notes and tasks as well).
Palm Desktop (on both Windows and Mac) is completely searchable whereas the Outlook desktop appears cabapble of searching only the contacts. It would be much better if keywords could search all (or, preferably, selected) categories of information on the program. (If, of course, I'm wrong and the program CAN do this, kindly let me know how.) As well, are there any programs allowing you to avoid duplication between address books in Outlook? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this sugges...

How To Show Drag Image while Dragging Item?
I use MFC 4.2. There are 2 CListCtrls in my app. I am implementing a drag and drop function from one list to another. How to show the drag image when I still choose which item that will accept the drop? Thank you. You can use a CImageList and store a drag image. Look at functions like CImageList ::BeginDrag, CImageList::BeginDrag | CImageList::EndDrag | CImageList::DragMove | CImageList::DragLeave. -Seetharam This article may be interesting to you. It's a little older, but it is still useful information: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/listview/dragdrop...

Showing a modal dialog AFTER my SDI app is visible.
Hi, I want to show a modal dialog immediatly after my SDI formview app has become visible. (at startup) (without having to press a button first). I mean i want to show a login dialog immediatly after the app. becomes active. If i do DoModal() for the login dialog somewhere in my code like in OnInitialUpdate(), the dialog appeares before the rest of the app is visible. You could set a timer at the end of OnInitialUpdate() that fires say, 1/2 second later and have it pop up the dialog and kill the timer. Tom "RAN" <nijenhuis@wish.nl> wrote in message news:1187720799.182448...

CPU usage of the Exchange Server shoots up to 100% (Store.exe @ 90
ISSUE: CPU usage of the Exchange Server (BRISTOL) shoots up to 100% very frequently thus is deteriorating server performance as a whole. OBSERVATION Process CPU store.exe 4% to 90% Cm_Smex.exe 24% to 40% SmexVS.exe 22% to 35% RmonUI.exe 3% to 40% Rmonitor.exe 2% to 30% Virtual Memory usage is 1.7 GB Exchange Server hardware configuration: RAID 1 C: 8 GB D: 216 GB RAM: 1 GB Processor: Celeron 2.4 GHz Contains storage groups and public folders (residing on the D drive) Other services Trend Micro ScanMail...

show Global contact list in nav
We just switched over to exchange 2k3 and we have outlook clients. I want to know how to display the global address list(contacts) in the left nav pane along with the user's normal contacts. It's not appearing by default. The global address list is not the same as contacts. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Brett Michaels From Poison" <jms504@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127420691.086686.73310@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > We just switched over to exchange 2k3 and we have outlook clients. > I ...

Business Contacts
Just found this site - exciting to learn from the experts! I have a long list of business contacts sorted by Accounts. Unfortunately, I clicked the Accounts column while in the Business Contacts view, and all those accounts disappeared from the column. Now all my contacts are ungrouped (over 3,000). Each individual contact still retains its Linked Account designation, but those accounts are no longer organized via that filter. Can anyone help with bringing back that category to my Business Contacts view? I hope this explanation makes sense. Thanks so much in advance. . Sub...

Internationalisation (resource strings)
I have translated my app into several languages by using resource strings (String Table). The problem is that special characters can not be seen unless user set right locale in the Control Panel (Regional Options). Is there any way I could set it from code? If yes, can I set locale only for my app and not for whole Windows? I don't know a way to do this and I've tried. Depending on the languages you'll have to load the correct fonts and the IME for some languages: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010347361033.aspx Since I mostly switch for testing I final...

Show Discount on SOP Invoice or nothing if 0
I am trying to create a calculated field on the bottom of the SOP Blank Invoice to show the discount amount if paid by the due date. I just can't seem to get it to work. It should be easy but I've wasted too much time already. thanks I have not looked at this field when discounts available are not posted to the GL but there is a field in the SOP10100 called Discount Available Amount (DISAVAMT) as well as amounts for Misc and Freight charges. Try these fields or a sum of the 3 in a calculation if they are properly populated. And let me know if this works! -- Richard L. Whale...

WSARecv Mmeory usage
Does usage of WSARecv() (winsock function) call cause a memory leakage in the non paged pool of bytes. I found that using the WSARecv() ate up a chunk of 4 - 8 KB of non paged memory while the use of recv() did not make any change in the indication of the non paged memory. Pls elaborate. "Rohan Bhosale" <RohanBhosale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85B4C22B-0D57-4443-8413-31E541CF166C@microsoft.com... | Does usage of WSARecv() (winsock function) call cause a memory leakage in the | non paged pool of bytes. | I found that using the WSARecv() ate up a chunk...

Users not showing in GAL
Hi i know this topic as been discussed but i cant seem to find the posting In Exchange 2003 when i add a new user the user i see the user in the 'All Users' section of the address book but the user does not show in the Global Address Book. The same goes for a Universal Distuibution List I have Rebuilt and Updated the Recipent Update Service and no luck. Please help..... Also... When i do a preview of the Default Address Book from the Exchange System Manager all users are displayed. Have you got the tick in the "Hide from exchange address lists" under the Exchange Advance...

Email 'From' field showing email address and not full name?
I've looked everywhere and can't find anything on this issue. I'm running Exchange 2003 on a Server 2000 box. When we email to outside servers (yahoo, gmail, etc) the from field shows the user's email address (eg: bob@microsoft.com) instead of their name (eg: Bob Jones). I've verified that the Display Name, Alias, and Simple Display Name fields in exchange all have the user's First and Last name. Any ideas, I'm stumped. Thanks, Chris Yes that's a hard one to find. In ESM go into Global Settings and click Internet Message Formats. Then in the right pane, rig...

reacurance task to have automaticly a reminder
When I have task set to reacurre, when I mare it done it would regenarate but with out a reminder. Any help would be appriciated. ( I allreade posted this in another trend (How do I setup daily reminders with task) ...

double entries in tasks and reminders
every time i enter a 1 task it displays 2 identical tasks. also when a reminder from my calaneder dispays it displays it twice. If i click on one to snooze of delete both identical entries disappear. does anyone have any idea why this might be happening and suggestions at getting rid of the problem. any help would be appreciated. thanks. outlook 2007 windows vista home premium -- paul I am new to the forum and found this post by searching google. I am having the same issue. It seems to have just started a couple of weeks ago and I've been using it for the last 8 months or so. ...

Anyone know what diff 'languages' of resources makes?
I am using VC++ 5 (Visual Studio 97). I notice that if you look at the Properties for any resource they all have a Language setting. As things have evolved, I use 'English (U.K.)' for all resources (icons, dialogs, menus, etc) except String Tables, all of which are 'English (U.S.)'. I notice that you can set a Language in the Resources tab of the Project Settings dialog. I always use 'Engish (United Kingdom)' for this. I used to think that the language of a resource was just a resource compiler directive thing (do they get compiled in or not) and some of the ...

Chart should read as blank cell not as 0,it shows blank but reads
A B c 1 Project Start Date Jan-10 2 Project Duration 25 3 Project Cost 1000000 In B6 i wriiten formula IF(ROWS($1:2)-1>C$2,"",ROWS($1:2)-1) In D6 i written formula IF(B6="","",B6/$C$2) in E6 i writtend formula IF(D6<=33.33%,(($I$1*D6^2)*100),IF(D6<=66.67%,($I$2*D6+$I$3),IF(D6>=66.67%,($I$4+$I$5*D6+$I$6*...