looks like it continues the whole time.

So, for example, I have my task #5 risk assessment, task #6 define project
tracking and task #26 vision approved.  If you click on task #6, I have the
#5 risk assessment as the Predecessor with a SS Type.  If you click on task
#26, I have task #5 risk assessment as the Predessessor with FF Type.

Does this sound correct to you??  I want the Risk Assessment to continue the
entire time.  I am a total newbie at Project and want to make sure I am doing
this correctly....
Thanks,
Anke
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_00C3_01CAEC8C.73E53C20

Hi Anke,

Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-)

Please see FAQ Item: 19. Hammock Tasks.

FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be =
seen at this web address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :-)

Mike Glen
Project MVP
See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free  Project Tutorials
=20
  "anke deutche" <ankedeutche@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:1F50D04C-FECF-4D1E-8D81-A22AC1553191@microsoft.com...
  I have serveral different tasks (risk management, risk assessement, =
update=20
  risk assessment).

  I would like to link the Risk Assessment to the first task under it, =
then=20
  link the last task in the subgroup back to the risk assessment task, =
so it=20
  looks like it continues the whole time.

  So, for example, I have my task #5 risk assessment, task #6 define =
project=20
  tracking and task #26 vision approved.  If you click on task #6, I =
have the=20
  #5 risk assessment as the Predecessor with a SS Type.  If you click on =
task=20
  #26, I have task #5 risk assessment as the Predessessor with FF Type.

  Does this sound correct to you??  I want the Risk Assessment to =
continue the=20
  entire time.  I am a total newbie at Project and want to make sure I =
am doing=20
  this correctly....
  Thanks,
  Anke
------=_NextPart_000_00C3_01CAEC8C.73E53C20

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi Anke,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Welcome to this Microsoft Project =
newsgroup=20
:-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Please see FAQ Item: 19. Hammock=20
Tasks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">FAQs, companion products and other =
useful=20
Project information can be seen at this web address: <A=20
href=3D"http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm">http://project.mvps.org/faqs.ht=
m</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hope this helps - please let us know =
how you get=20
on :-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen<BR>Project MVP<BR>See <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc">http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc</A> for my =
free&nbsp;=20
Project Tutorials<BR>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"anke deutche" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:ankedeutche@discussions.microsoft.com">ankedeutche@discuss=
ions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:1F50D04C-FECF-4D1E-8D81-A22AC1553191@microsoft.com">news:1F5=
0D04C-FECF-4D1E-8D81-A22AC1553191@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  have serveral different tasks (risk management, risk assessement, =
update=20
  <BR>risk assessment).<BR><BR>I would like to link the Risk Assessment =
to the=20
  first task under it, then <BR>link the last task in the subgroup back =
to the=20
  risk assessment task, so it <BR>looks like it continues the whole=20
  time.<BR><BR>So, for example, I have my task #5 risk assessment, task =
#6=20
  define project <BR>tracking and task #26 vision approved.&nbsp; If you =
click=20
  on task #6, I have the <BR>#5 risk assessment as the Predecessor with =
a SS=20
  Type.&nbsp; If you click on task <BR>#26, I have task #5 risk =
assessment as=20
  the Predessessor with FF Type.<BR><BR>Does this sound correct to =
you??&nbsp; I=20
  want the Risk Assessment to continue the <BR>entire time.&nbsp; I am a =
total=20
  newbie at Project and want to make sure I am doing <BR>this=20
  correctly....<BR>Thanks,<BR>Anke</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00C3_01CAEC8C.73E53C20--

0
Mike

Can you use an update for MS office w/publisher if you don't curr.
I don't know if I've ever curred. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tronya" <Tronya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8014BB20-F124-4F04-8B14-0852D6C0B5C9@microsoft.com... > --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.804 / Virus Database: 546 - Release Date: 11/30/2004 Now stay after school and write a 50 essay on the problem you have. The Subject line just won't do, doo, due.... whatever. don Vancouver, usa "Tronya" <Tronya@discussions.mi...

Outlook XP crashes when using Tasks
Outlook will crash when using Tasks. Here are the things I have tried. Used XP's Restore function to go back to a time when it worked fine. 1. Ran 2 virus scans with two different products. 2. Deinstalled Office XP, ran a defrag, and then reinstalled. 3. It will function propertly for about 2 minutes and then crash. There is an Exchange 2000 server involved as well. He can access his Tasks on another PC with no problem, so I know it is related to his machine. The offending file is an Outllib.dll, at least from the technical notes and log files. Any thoughts? ...

probably an easy one but... (using SUMPRODUCT?)
Hi guys, looks like a nice forum you have here. I've started making a record of all the purchases every month that m kitchen makes. I've set every supplier to an ID code (001,002,003 et etc) and i record this code in the same row as each purchase amount. S for a month, i have a list of purchases, with totals excluding vat, va and then a total inclusive of vat. At the end of the month i can simpl sum the last column to see how much i've spent at the end of ever month. However i'd like to see how much i've spent with each supplier for th month. This i'm struggling a bi...

PDC crashed
Windows 2003 server standard environment PDC crashed, looks like gone - backup/corrupt (of course) BDC is up and running, workstations can login etc. Exchange won't start - information store won't mount.... almost as if exchange information in directory is gone....any suggestions? is the DC that's up and running also a GC server? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "DavidH" <david_haskell@NOSPAMpleasekyzen.com> wrote in message news:em3HznlZHHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Windows 2003 server standard environment > > PDC crashed, looks like gone - backup/...

Word cannot start the converter mswrd632
When I opened a Word 2007 file that I have not used in several months, the following error appeared in a dialog box: Word cannot start the converter mswrd632 I closed the box and was able to open the file, which so far works fine, except that in web layout view alone, the cursor does not show in the screen What should I do to correct these two problems. -- MZ Hi, There was nearly identical question very recently. See http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=&cr=&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.word.application.errors...

Check if Shift Key Pressed On Start Up
How can I check if the shift press was pressed at startup? In my form, I want to check if the shift key was pressed when the MDB was started--because that would it is being ran in development mode. In this case, certain code within the form should not run. Thank you. nullGumby wrote: > How can I check if the shift press was pressed at startup? > > In my form, I want to check if the shift key was pressed when the MDB > was started--because that would it is being ran in development mode. > In this case, certain code within the form should not run. > > Thank you. In your...

Question about how to use range in VBA
Hello, I am trying to cut and paste one range from one sheet to the same range in a different sheet. I used the following code: Range(Cells(startrow, 1), Cells(endrow, 12)).Select Selection.Copy Worksheets("SUMM").Activate Range(Cells(startrow, 1), Cells(endrow, 12)).Select --- ERROR HERE ActiveSheet.Paste This code gives me an error where indicated: Application defined or Object defined error Notice that I use the exact same line of code three lines earlier and I get no error. If I change my code to read as Range(Cells(startrow, 1), Cells(endrow, 12)).Sel...

Creating and pasting using VB
I need to create an email and paste some data already selected in excel into the body. I have just started to attempt this so if I need to add mapi or anything like that please let me know. Any help would be very helpful.... Thanks, Matt If you copy straight from an Excel sheet to an email, you will be pasting an object and that can be a nuisance, particularly if you need to edit the contents before sending it. I simply paste it to Word first, then copy it from Word into the email. This may not suit your needs though. HTH Otto <mewilh0@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145...

Using Money with a Home Network
I have a wireless home network, but when I try to open my money file over the network I get the following error message: "Money can not locate [filename which is correct] or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read- only file or your disk drive is write protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to open your most recent backup file. If the file is being used by another application, close it in the other application and try again." The file is not marked read-only, and the folder it is in is marked to be shared and to allow us...

how to create dashboards using excel?
I would like to know how to create a dashboard report using MS excel, without the help of any third party software. Doesn't this mean creating a set of charts and tables in a print- or screen-ready arrangement? You can arrange this yourself, by making charts from the selected data, and putting them together on a single sheet, and formatting it appropriately. The third party software merely does all of this automatically, saving you the time and effort. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _...

Using 64 bits software for read data of acces
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C73FE2.6964A1F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have to write one 64 bit software that read data on an data base = microsoft acces. It seem that 64 bit drivers isn't availlable. When do you have it? thank ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C73FE2.6964A1F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML>&l...

Start Earning Just 15 Minutes From Now...
Hey If you're still struggling to get those first few dollars online, then this could be the big break you've been waiting for... With this proven system you can literally start generating totally passive income in just 15 minutes from now... Everything is done for you... => http://cbpirate.com/main/brazilian It's called Clickbank Pirate, and when I say simple, I mean it... Here a few things you DON'T have to do once you have Clickbank Pirate: * You don't have to sell anything... You read that right - with this system all you have to do is give away valuable free ...

Outlook Reminder on CRM tasks
Is there any way to change if the reminder is on or not for a task syncronised from CRM. When we were on CRM3, all tasks synced to outlook, with the reminder off for the tasks. Since upgrading to CRM4, all these task sync with the reminder option turned on. Does anyone know how I can change this options, and what would be even nicer would be to be able to change this for each task in CRM. Thanks ...

Outlook RPCRT4.DLL FILE CANNOT BE STARTED
When sending/receiving in Outlook 2000, recieving the error message RPCRT4.DLL FILE CANNOT BE STARTED. This just started and have not had any other problems. ...

Would like a basic lesson, please, in what these Email types mean and how they are used in AD
We use Active Directory on a Windows 2000 Server domain (native mode). We use MS Exchange Server 2000 for our email/collaboration. She is trying to use the GroupWise client, and connected to a GW server, outside of our network, to do her email, check other managers' calendars, etc. She can send and receive Internet email just fine. She can send and receive email at this wider network just fine. She can send email to me (within our network), but any email I send to her, or any email she sends to me and I reply to, never gets to her. The funny thing is that we never get any "undel...

using auto fill, but need to skip every 13th number
I need to generate a sequential number list, but I need it to skip every 13th number. -- gotzoom ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gotzoom's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30655 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=503154 are you starting from 1? try putting 1 in A1 then in A2 =A1+1+(MOD(A1+1,13)=0) and autofill down -- daddylonglegs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.p...

Using profiles to auto configure a users email settings
Hi All, Firstly appologies for this old question but I have been trying to get this working for a week now and just keep going around in circles. We have network of 2000 odd users sharing 400 pc's on the 2k boxes anyone can log in but if they have not signed in before they are required to configure their outlook profile. I have played with default.prf and the modprof.exe file usung the-S -Z. All appears to work it says the profile is created etc. when the user goes into outlook it does not grab their username from the default.prf file... Here is the top part of this file : [General] Cu...

problem with starting Directory Service
After running an xmerge last night, it appears the log file filled up the main drive "C", (we have an E: drive where the IS is stored), and so now this morning we can't start the Directory Service, and as a result all the dependent services. Here are the error messages in the Application Log: Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeDS Event Category: Internal Processing Event ID: 1166 Date: 5/12/2004 Time: 8:53:25 AM User: N/A Computer: AVGNMAIL2 Description: Error -1811 has occurred (internal ID 2030148). Contact Microsoft Technical Support for assistance. E...

Why does Excel try to access Internet when it starts?
Lately whenever I start Excel, Zone Alarm informs me that Excel is trying to access the Internet. I checked the "startup" folders in the Office installation folder and there is nothing there. Thanks in advance for any help. Charlie In Excel 2003 there are a couple of settings you can check: Choose Help > Customer Feedback Options Select "No, I don't wish to participate." In the Category list at the left, select Online Content Remove the check mark from "Show content and links from Microsoft Office Online " Click OK. Charlie wrote: > Lately whe...

How to only start with the employee In. / remove the Out if it's f
Hello. I'm creating a querie that lists all employee activity. So the querie runs onver a table that has all In and Out of the employees registries. Sometimes in the the first day is Out, it happens because the employee forgets to register is Out of job. So, is it possible to remove that register in order to have the first register of the day has a IN? Even better was changing the date of that Out register to the previous date. This is ok to happen because the door don't open if the empoyee don't make all register regular. So in the new day if a Out is no detected on the sys...

Compact OE
Several people I know who do not use Outlook Express keep getting messages when they boot their computer to Compact Outlook Express messages. They don't do it, not knowing what the message is for or about. How can they stop this message from appearing since they don't useOE? Mich After XP SP3 install repeated prompts to compact Outlook Express (OE). Starting with XP SP2, you get the prompt to compact after 100 closings of OE and every one thereafter until you compact. SP3 changes the way the compact count gets incremented. With SP2, only closing the main program...

this is about using google's usenet group
I see a lot of important tips here but I think it's being deleted after 10 days...(I read it somewhere). Is there a way to copy/save the tips I've selected on my own google/microsoft/public/excel page and look it up when i need it? thanks See http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?as_ugroup=*excel* In article <1118602807.973931.273730@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "guideme" <eveas@yahoo.com> wrote: > I see a lot of important tips here but I think it's being deleted after > 10 days...(I read it somewhere). > Is there a way to copy/s...

Use Outlook Client with OWA
My company provides email access via OWA. Is it possible to use the normal Outlook Client to access this email account?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com You should ask the company you work for if they support RPC over HTTP (a.k.a. Outlook Anywhere). If they say yes and you are running Windows XP with SP2 or newer with Outlook 2003 or newer, then your in like Flint. "john" <jrubis[at]ptd[dot]net> wrote in message news:uaUAqiq7KHA.5820@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > My company provides email access via OWA. Is it possible to use the normal > Outlook...

Virtual PC is taking too long to start....
We have done some customisation on virutal image with CRM within virtual server environment. We would now like to pass this *.vhd file to our client on his laptop and run that on Virtual PC environment. However this virtual pc is taking long time to start (more than an hour) on client's lap top and hanging on "Applying computer settings". Can anyone please point out why it is taking so long to start. I have given 1.5 GB RAM to virtual pc. I have also done the same thing on my laptop in Virtual PC environment and it is also taking long time to start. Onkar, I found this link v...

Change labels used for report
Hi. I created a label report using the label wizard and now want to change the Avery product type from 5284 to 5264. Where do I go, if I can, to change what label is used? Thanks. On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:10:01 -0700, PBISMaryland wrote: > Hi. I created a label report using the label wizard and now want to change > the Avery product type from 5284 to 5264. Where do I go, if I can, to change > what label is used? > > Thanks. Is there an actual difference in the label size, position, etc. between the 2 labels? To change the current labels report to the new label size, y...