text styles

in MP 2007-
I have selected all columns, all rows. I cleared all formats.
I go to set text styles. Set all items to automatic then,
I set critical path items to Fuchsia or lime and OK...
these tasks are still black (automatic) and will not retain that fuchsia
setting.

My 2003 schedules this works great!
Is fuchsia just not working as a color in 2007?

project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Huh, that would appear to be a bug.  Red works fine.  Fuschia doesn't seem
to stick for some reason.  I can replicate that on my machine with no difficulty.

I guess you should avoid fuschia.  It's such a 90s color anyway.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> in MP 2007-
> I have selected all columns, all rows. I cleared all formats.
> I go to set text styles. Set all items to automatic then,
> I set critical path items to Fuchsia or lime and OK...
> these tasks are still black (automatic) and will not retain that
> fuchsia
> setting.
> My 2003 schedules this works great!
> Is fuchsia just not working as a color in 2007?

0
Andrew
3/12/2010 4:43:26 PM
In article <C8FCA427-C4BD-46EC-8C5B-FF4DFB294FC9@microsoft.com>,
 gs <gs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> in MP 2007-
> I have selected all columns, all rows. I cleared all formats.
> I go to set text styles. Set all items to automatic then,
> I set critical path items to Fuchsia or lime and OK...
> these tasks are still black (automatic) and will not retain that fuchsia
> setting.
>
> My 2003 schedules this works great!
> Is fuchsia just not working as a color in 2007?

gs,
Take a look at a post titled "font colours are lost betwee Project 2007
and Project 2003" in this newsgroup dated Feb 25, 2010. I think it will
answer your question.

John
Project MVP
0
John

------=_NextPart_000_018B_01CAC205.4998B4D0

Hi gs,

Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :)

Try selecting all tasks by clicking the button above the ID column so =
that the are all highlighted (black).  Now Format/Font... and choose the =
colour there.

FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be =
seen at this web address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :)

Mike Glen
MS Project MVP
See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free Project Tutorials

=20
  "gs" <gs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  in MP 2007-
  I have selected all columns, all rows. I cleared all formats.=20
  I go to set text styles. Set all items to automatic then,
  I set critical path items to Fuchsia or lime and OK...
  these tasks are still black (automatic) and will not retain that =
fuchsia=20
  setting.

  My 2003 schedules this works great!
  Is fuchsia just not working as a color in 2007?

------=_NextPart_000_018B_01CAC205.4998B4D0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16490"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi gs,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Welcome to this Microsoft Project =
newsgroup=20
:)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Try selecting all tasks by clicking =
the button=20
above the ID column so that the are all highlighted (black).&nbsp; Now=20
Format/Font... and choose the colour there.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">FAQs, companion products and other =
useful=20
Project information can be seen at this web address: <A=20
title=3D"http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm&#10;CTRL + Click to follow =
link"=20
href=3D"http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm">http://project.mvps.org/faqs.ht=
m</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hope this helps - please let us know =
how you get=20
on :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen<BR>MS Project MVP<BR>See <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc">http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc</A> for my =
free Project=20
Tutorials</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"><BR>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"gs" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:gs@discussions.microsoft.com&#10;CTRL + Click to =
follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:gs@discussions.microsoft.com">gs@discussions.microsoft.com=
</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
title=3D"news:C8FCA427-C4BD-46EC-8C5B-FF4DFB294FC9@microsoft.com&#10;CTRL=
 + Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:C8FCA427-C4BD-46EC-8C5B-FF4DFB294FC9@microsoft.com">news:C8F=
CA427-C4BD-46EC-8C5B-FF4DFB294FC9@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>in=20
  MP 2007-<BR>I have selected all columns, all rows. I cleared all =
formats.=20
  <BR>I go to set text styles. Set all items to automatic then,<BR>I set =

  critical path items to Fuchsia or lime and OK...<BR>these tasks are =
still=20
  black (automatic) and will not retain that fuchsia =
<BR>setting.<BR><BR>My 2003=20
  schedules this works great!<BR>Is fuchsia just not working as a color =
in=20
  2007?<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_018B_01CAC205.4998B4D0--

0
Mike
3/12/2010 4:58:49 PM
.....and I was going to quip that Jack's experience is hardly representative
as nothing really works in California anyways.  Since John beat me to the
joke, I guess that's not required anymore. :-)

-A

"John" wrote:

> In article <OjpSA8gwKHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>,
>  "Jack Dahlgren MVP" <jack@zo-d.com> wrote:
>
> > I can reproduce it here.
> > Definitely a bug.
> >
> > -Jack
>
> Guys,
> Time to get the Raid out! Bugs all over the place. Help!!
>
> :-)
> John
> >
> > "Andrew Lavinsky" <(Catapult Systems)> wrote in message
> > > See if you can set Critical tasks to fuschia....I can't - on two machines.
> > > I think it's a bug.
> > >

> > > - Andrew Lavinsky
> > > Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> .

Converting characters to text strings
To easily generate texts, I would like to translate text codes into text strings. If A translates into "Text A", B into "Text B" etc, then I would like these texts entered into a column to be shown like this: A "Text A" ABC "Text A, Text B, Text C" BC "Text B, Text C" The triggy issue for me is that I do not know how many characters there are in each string to be translated. It could be 1 or it could be 10. Mogens Use VLOOKUP Make a table with the code in the first column and the full text in the second. Then the VLOOKUP function ca...

Join number from formula with text...#VALUE
I'm about to pull my hair out. Here is the seemlingly simple situation. On Sheet1 I have a cell (A1) with "6x0 PLT" and a cell (A2) with "(gauge)," but in that cell (A2), the user will input a number, replacing "(gauge)" with a number, like "16". On Sheet 2, I want to do this: =Sheet1!A1&" "&Sheet1!A2, to produce "6x0 PLT (gauge)". This works fine. When I change cell A2 "(gauge)" to a numerical value, for instance, "16", I get a #VALUE error in the concatenated cell. I have tried making all of the...

use a button to open a text box
Im using Excel 2007 and what I want to do is this. I want to create a button on my worksheet so when the work sheet is active, i can press thiss button and a text box will open where i enter a number. This number will then be stored somewhere (untill the button is used again and a different number entered) and used reference to a formula (sum) on the worksheet. Anybody wanna tackle this one??? What you are asking for with the Pop-up window will require VBA code. Do you want to add code to the workbook for just this function?.....if not, you can still accomplish what I percieve you are...

Exchange 2003 - SMTP service
Hello, We are running a site with one Exchange 5.5 SP4 server (used with Internet Mail Service) and another one running Exchange 2003 SP1 (hosting mailboxes). We decided to move the IMS "function" to the Exchange 2003 server, but since then -some- messages with a text attachment lose their attachment ! The mail arrives in the recipient mailbox, subject and body are OK, but no attachment... If the messages go through the "old" 5.5 IMS, then there is no problem : the attachment is still present in the message... Would anybody have an idea on where to look ? Thanks for yo...

Excel 2003
Hi All, I have used the Text Import Wizard in all versions of Excel from 9 onwards without any problem. Since upgrading to Excel 2003, that is where the fun starts. For som reason when opening a .txt or .rpt file, the preview seems to ad little squares at the end of each line. When scrolling down th preview, then back up, the data then jumbles itself up. I presum these squares are printing characters of some sort but how can I ge rid of them? It is causing all sorts of issues with pre-set macro that I have set-up from previous versions of Excel. Regards, PAUL -- LEXCER ---------------...

Adding unknow text to numbers formatting
I am trying to format a column with a combination of numbers and letter (specifically 0000-00-000-0000XX) and I have everything down except ho to add the XX to the format when I don't know what XX will be. Is ther a "any alpha in this postion" command -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com scottatrobins wrote: > I am trying to format a column with a combination of numbers and > letters (specifically 0000-00-000-0000XX) and I have everything down > except how to add the XX to the format when I don't know what XX will > be. Is there a "any alpha i...

Changing a text field to a date field
Hi I know this is a problem for lots of people but I still cant find an answer. I have imported a text file into excel with a number field that displays credit card expiry dates as a 4 digit number. example 0408 so month + year. I have converted the number field to a text field so it doesnt drop off the first zero and now I need to convert it to a date field. Any nice easy simple ideas. Any help would be much appreaciated. Or direction to a question the same. Perhaps =DATE(100+RIGHT(A1,2),LEFT(A1,2),1) format as date -- daddylonglegs --------------------------------------------...

Text to Columns from drop down list update
Hi I need to perform a Text to Column conversion from a drop down list, but I also need the extracted value to be updated if the value in the list is changed. eg: Drop down list has 2 values: 1. 4x16K 2. 8x8K If the user selects 1 I can easily extract out to another cell the value 1 using Text to columns, however if the user then changes the choice to 2 the text to columns extraction is not updated to 2. Is there a way to update changes in the original cell using text to columns? Or is there another way I can assign a value to a drop down menu choice in a different cell while havi...

excluding keys from text box
Hi, how can I make text box react as nothing has happend when I press certain key. For example when I press ascii 39 (') I want text box to completly ignore it, like notihing was pressed on keyboard. thanx in advance alek_mil Private Sub Text0_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer) If KeyAscii = 39 Then KeyAscii = 0 End If End Su -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "alekm" <alekm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB765C22-7F22-41D5-A272-2317B7E66980@microsoft.com... > Hi, &...

Excel XP Upgrade (Text numbers)
My organization recently upgraded to Office XP. Now one of my very important excel files have had two columns of numbers apparently changing to text numbers. When I follow the recommendation to change those numbers back to a number value some hidden formulas give back a different value in the hidden cells. Should this reported error be ignored? I would really like to know what is going on to have confidence in my spreadsheet again. I am not sure it is an error except for the numbers turning into text. However in your original sheet you might have had a number format showing for in...

how do i exchange 2 text boxes from pg 1 to pg 2 on a brochure
I set up a brochure in publisher and i need to put a filled out text box from page 1 to page 2 and put the filled out text box on page 2 into the spot on page 1..any way that I can easily swith those spots wthout having to do it all over again? Drag the text boxes to the scratch area and then drag them to the page wanted. -- Don ------ Vancouver, USA "kem1014" <kem1014@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F05F427D-0698-499E-B297-921A765E7D33@microsoft.com... >I set up a brochure in publisher and i need to put a filled out text box >from > page 1...

styles?
I think I'm not understanding Word 2007 styles very well. Coming from a Word 2003/XP background, I thought that if I want a style to be defined to/available in ALL documents by all users, I should save it either in the Normal or custom "startup" template. In Word 2007 (and Windows 7 OS, if that makes a difference), I've been trying to use the same logic, with very irregular and undesirable results. I've tried saving templates that I want all users to see/use in either the Normal template, or the custom "startup" template, or both simultaneously....

Data truncated in text box on form
I have researched the various issues as it relates to truncation of memo fields. I read Allen Browne's fine treatise on the subject. However I am experiencing something I can't quite understand or correct. Here goes. I have a form with a text box control on it. There is a query that runs that populates this text box. The table the query runs against has a field formatted as memo and the data looks fine in there. When I run the query on its own the memo fields appear in their entirety. As a note, within this query I do not use the "Group By" sorting. However, when I loo...

Text Boxes #3
Could anyone please tell me how to send a text box behind text in cells? I have no trouble in MS Word but cannot get the same thing to work in Excel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Regards prairienewf There is no equivalent to the option you get on Word of 'send behind text' or 'bring in front of text'. The order option refers to objects. The best you can do is set the box as transparent. Richard >-----Original Message----- >Could anyone please tell me how to send a text box behind text in cells? I have no trouble in MS Word but cannot g...

Text Printer Fonts
How can I allow my Generic Text printer to access more than the default CPI fonts? Can I make my laser printer fonts available for my Generic Text printer? You can't! If you want your laser printer fonts available your laser printer must be the active printer driver. What *exactly* are you trying to achieve? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<...

how to increase text size in reading pane
dennist685 dennist685 <dennist685@nospam.gmail.com> wrote: > dennist685 Depoends on your Outlook version, which you decided wasn't important enough to mention. -- Brian Tillman 2007 tjanks "Brian Tillman" wrote: > dennist685 <dennist685@nospam.gmail.com> wrote: > > > dennist685 > > Depoends on your Outlook version, which you decided wasn't important enough > to mention. > -- > Brian Tillman > > dennist685 <dennist685@nospam.gmail.com> wrote: > 2007 I don't have OL 2007, but in OL 2003, the Readi...

Detecting Case of Text in a Cell
Hi All I know it's possible to change the case of text in a cell in Excel using Lower, Upper and Proper, but is there a function that tells me the current case of the text? A user has a spreadsheet of catalogue items, some in proper case and some in upper. He wants to seperate those in upper case into a separate sheet but I can't think of an easy way of doing it. Can anyone help? Colin -- Colin Vicary ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Colin Vicary's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10472 View this...

not repeating text boxes in reports with columns
Hello, I am trying to create a report with columns without repeating certain text boxes. Here is an example of what I would like to create: [Date] "Month1" [Date] "Month2" [Date] "Month3" [Product] "Product1": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product2": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product3": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product4": [q...

Text formatted email
I am trying to email a long hyperlink path to some one that can only receive text formatted emails. When they receive the email it, the hyperlink gets converted in to 2 lines, top line is a hyperlink (path incomplete) the second line is "text" with the balance of the hyperlink path. I placed < > around the hyperlink and it still splits in to 2 lines. Is there any way to keep the full link path intact? Thanks! jvs Tiny URL to the rescue! :-) http://tinyurl.com/ -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Cr...

Changing the text of a label on a Userform
My userform contains one label control that contain a text caption. The problem is, I want the text caption to mirror the contents of cell "A1" at all times. So, when the userform is loaded, I want it to immediately read the value from cell "A1" and store it in my label's caption. Then, every time someone changes the contents of cell "A1" I want my label to immediately detect the change and re-load the text from cell "A1" onto the label. What would be a good way to implement this?? Would it involve using a combination of Userform_Init...

Text Boxes
Hi, I am currently using Excel in Office XP. I have created a small 'Text Box', but have a lot of text in it and I do not want to make the 'Text Box' any bigger. Is there any way that I can place 'Scroll Bars' on the 'Text Box' ? Regards Tappie Hi Tappie A textbox from the Controls Toolbox has a Scrollbars property. A textbox from the Drawing toolbar doesn't. HTH. best wishes Harald "Tappie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:2890e01c463ff$f1d86ec0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am currently using ...

Convert Text Entry to Date Format
Hello We were sent a large spreadsheet with hundreds of dates entered as text in this format: 04151985. Each entry has the green triangle in the upper left corner of the cells designating the data as text. We need to change the format to 04/15/1985. I have tried DateValue with no luck. I get a "#value" error I have also tried converting the text to a number first and then formating as a date using "format/cells" but I only get a string of pound signs ####. Please help. Thanks Art Sorry, I just read some of the archived postings and figured out the solution. ...

And introducing... The Default Text Box Add-in!!
Default Text Box for Publisher 2002/2003 allows you to save defaults for text boxes in Publisher 2002 (which before now has been impossible) and to save these defaults for use in future publications (which isn't even possible with Publisher 2003!) Download it now from http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/add-ins.htm Go on, give it a go - it's free! -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm I don't want add-ons for 2002 - I want 2003! "Ed Bennett" <...

Text Converted to a Picture
I am having the following problem i have text that was entered into an excel speadsheet that now has been converted into a picture. I need to know how i can un-convert it so i can make modifications to the text. ...

Converting a column of cells to change the text to be capitalized.
I have a user who has a column of names, which are currently all typed in lowercase. It is necessary to have all this data in capital letters. Is it possible to have excel automatically convert all the names in that column to capital letters, without having to type each name over again. Thanks, any help is appreciated. Hi Clayton! If they are all names: Insert a column to the right Use: =UPPER(A1) [Or whatever is the first cell to the left] Copy down Select the new data Copy Edit > Paste Special > Values Delete the old data But I really don't know what I hate most; all uppe...