Task with duration for all project

Hello, have a problem with project 2007 is the follow:

Have a task of administration and control of a project, this task must to
have a duration of all project. for example

Development  120h   01-01-2010  to 20-01-2010
Testing            30h   25-02-2010  to 30-03-2010
Administration  30h   01-01-2010  to 30-03-2010

Is possible ? How I can do it?

Tanks in advance and sorry my poor english..
Christian W
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0059_01CACCF5.C6BD77C0

Hi Christian,

Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-)

Please see FAQ Item: 19. Hammock Tasks.

FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be =
seen at this web address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :-)

Mike Glen
Project MVP
See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free  Project Tutorials
=20
  "Christian W" <ChristianW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Hello, have a problem with project 2007 is the follow:

  Have a task of administration and control of a project, this task must =
to=20
  have a duration of all project. for example

  Development  120h   01-01-2010  to 20-01-2010
  Testing            30h   25-02-2010  to 30-03-2010
  Administration  30h   01-01-2010  to 30-03-2010

  Is possible ? How I can do it?=20

  Tanks in advance and sorry my poor english..
  Christian W
------=_NextPart_000_0059_01CACCF5.C6BD77C0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16490"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi Christian,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Welcome to this Microsoft Project =
newsgroup=20
:-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Please see FAQ Item: 19. Hammock=20
Tasks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">FAQs, companion products and other =
useful=20
Project information can be seen at this web address: <A=20
href=3D"http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm">http://project.mvps.org/faqs.ht=
m</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hope this helps - please let us know =
how you get=20
on :-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen<BR>Project MVP<BR>See <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc">http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc</A> for my =
free&nbsp;=20
Project Tutorials<BR>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Christian W" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:ChristianW@discussions.microsoft.com">ChristianW@discussio=
ns.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:FDC76335-5BCE-4EDF-AF8B-29A7026294BA@microsoft.com">news:FDC=
76335-5BCE-4EDF-AF8B-29A7026294BA@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Hello,=20
  have a problem with project 2007 is the follow:<BR><BR>Have a task of=20
  administration and control of a project, this task must to <BR>have a =
duration=20
  of all project. for example<BR><BR>Development&nbsp; 120h&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  01-01-2010&nbsp; to=20
  =
20-01-2010<BR>Testing&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  30h&nbsp;&nbsp; 25-02-2010&nbsp; to 30-03-2010<BR>Administration&nbsp; =

  30h&nbsp;&nbsp; 01-01-2010&nbsp; to 30-03-2010<BR><BR>Is possible ? =
How I can=20
  do it? <BR><BR>Tanks in advance and sorry my poor =
english..<BR>Christian=20
W</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0059_01CACCF5.C6BD77C0--

0
Mike
3/26/2010 3:05:30 PM
Excelent!! Thank!!

"tom_willpa" wrote:

> high quality Soccer jerseys NBA Jersey tracksuit and jackets, GHD
> hairstraightener supplier from www.willpa.com
>
> Are you a Retail businessman who bother by the purchase price?  China
> Cheapest TOP wholesale website can help you
>
> we are specialize in replica sport goods manufacturing in china, we can
> offer you all kinds of soccer jersey, NBA jersey,shoes and so on. they are
> the best brand replica goods whih are look the same as the original goods.
> excellent quality and steady supply for them. we have been marketed in Europe
> and American for 3 year. all the goods we offer are AAA quality.  our soccer
> jersey are Thailand style. If any goods you buy from my company have problem,
> we will refund or resend them again. Most of ourProducts have no minimum
> order requirements,soyou can shop retail goods at wholesale prices. if you
> can buy more than 300usd. We offer free shipping. The more you buy the more
> discount for you.
>
> National soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
> Club soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
> NBA Jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
> T-shirt and shirt: http://www.willpa.com
> Tracksuit: http://www.willpa.com
> Hoody & Jackets: http://www.willpa.com
> UGG boots: http://www.willpa.com
> Hair style: http://www.willpa.com
> shopping Index: http://www.willpa.com
>
> EMS shipping.  7days arrive, paypal accept
>
> want more information pls contact us or check our website: www.willpa.com

Moving Mailbox and Exchange Tasks NOT available
I am trying to MOVE users across INTRAORG from Exch 5.5 to 2003. I do not get an option Exchange Tasks when trying to move some users. Whats the problem? Here is an example - http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/11/exchange_2003_m.html (Moving mailboxes with ESM) Do you have Exchange 2003 SP1? Without SP1 it's not possible to move users across Administrative Groups when in mixed-mode. -- Blog "subject: exchange" http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo "-->AP" <andrewpol@mail.com> wrote in message news:%234KYdWy%23EHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl....

macro process running in task manager after the job is done 01-02-08
I've done that. It closed out the ms access application, but the process is still hanging with zero cpu utilization. I found out that when you click the macro it works. It runs the macro. After it finishes, ms access closes and there is no process in the task manager. The problem occurs when you use the windows scheduler and try to schedule it. The scheduler runs the macro to the end, but leaves the process in the task manager even though the ms access application is closed. How can I fix this problem in the windows scheduler? > "Steve Schapel" wrote: &g...

Task Bar Issue
I am running XP SP2 on a Leveno desktop. My task bar suddenly went from one line to two lines on the bottom left side of the screen and to 3 lines on the bottom right side of the screen. How do I get everything back to one line? First tell me why SP3 hasn't been installed yet and what other updates you may be missing? Note: Extended Support for WinXP SP2 ends on 10 July 2010. After that date, computers running WinXP SP2 will NOT be offered any further critical security updates, Automatic Updates will not work, and Windows Update website will not be accessible unti...

How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the net
How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network -- Rusty Nichols Network Support Technician The Journal folder works without Project being installed at all. It's an integral part of Outlook. What functionality are you seeking? "Rusty" <w_r_nichols_iii@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7EA79673-AE35-44D2-A09E-EBF73E7EC414@microsoft.com... > How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network How can Journal potentially affect the Exchange server, and I would like more information on Journal for a Outlook foundation class? ...

upgrade project?
I have VC++ 6.0 project which used COM / MFC DLL, etc. I would like to convert it to VC++ 8.0 (Visual Studio 2005) MFC project with /CLR support so that I can take advantage of the .NET library. Does anyone know if there are known issues for this conversion? ...

wants Project server 2007 64 bits language pack
I want Project Server 2007 64 bits language pack. but i cant find this . In net there is language pack of project server 2007. but there is no define 64 bits. I need 64 bit language pack for 64 bits project server 2007 . kindly tell me the correct link from where i will download. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01CA7F42.5A978910 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Sam, Try posting on the microsoft.public.project.server newsgroup (forum). = Please see FAQ It...

HELP! Sales Process Tasks with No Dates
Hi, Have implemented a sales process and it works fine. However for each of the steps it puts in a date when it is created. For instance if our first step is "Discovery" if you create a new opportunity it puts into today's date as the due date. Once that step is completed the next step is created with the current date. We do not have defined times between the steps, so on my sales process all my due dates are set to 0. What we would like is for the due date to be blank when the step is created like what happens when you manually add an activity. How can I do this? We h...

About Unit calculation with a fixed duration task
Hello, Usually Units = Work / Duration, but in some case it seems this formula doesn’t work. I performed some basic tests in project: First test: I created a fixed duration task: 1 resource, Units = 100%, Work =5d, actual Work=0, so Duration = 5d and Remaining work =5d I changed Rem Work from 5d to 6d, the task become Units= 120%, Work =6d, so Duration = 5d and Remaining work =6d which is fine. Second test: I created a fixed duration task: 1 resource, Units = 100%, Work =5d, actual Work=1d, so Duration = 5d and Remaining work=4d I changed Rem Work from 4d to 5d, the task beco...

Task Won't Indent on Import
I am importing an XML file into Microsoft Project 2007. The XML file does contain the appropriate Outline Levels. The first day that Microsoft Project was installed on my computer the indenting worked fine. However, the next day it stopped indenting. We removed Microsoft Project and re-installed it and it started indenting again. Once I went home for the day and came back the next day, it stopped indenting again. I can export the exact same XML file and after it is first installed it brings over the correct Outline Levels. But when it isn't indenting, it has changed al...

Excel cannot complete this task......
Hi, I am using Excel 2002 and would appreciate help on a couple of problems / issues / concerns / ...... To begin with, I created a spreadsheet with links to about 50 items in another spreadsheet (using Special Paste feature) and when I try and Save and / or Exit, I usually get an error message advising "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications. My question is, this error message does not appear all the time, may 4 out of 5 times that I access this file, and I understand that Excel is advising me of a resource problem b...

Migrating VC 2003 project to 2005
I have recently migrated my visual studio 2003 VC project to 2005 and I am encountering the following problems: 1) In resource view I cannot load some screens, i get the following error: 'cannot open include file "resource.h"'. The file does exist. 2)I use a custom build step to run a perl script to process another custom type file. The perl script includes a file say db.h, which does exist but for some reason the perl script fails to recognise items defined in db.h when processing these other files. This compiled fine under 2003. Any ideas? TIA. -- JohnH Without ...

Programmatically "elevate" my app for a particular task.
Hi there! I developed a MFC/VC++ 6.0 program that has to run at startup. It monitors some Services which I also developed, giving the user information on how they are running, and letting him or her start/stop this Services. The problem is that to start/stop a service I have to invoke ::OpenService with SERVICE_START | SERVICE_QUERY_STATUS access: If I run the program as administrator (elevated), then this works; but if I run it the standard way, then the function returns "access denied". I wouldn't mind to check the app so that it would always run as administrator; but th...

Don't want task to split to next day
Hi All, I hope someone knows how to do this ... and that it's possible. If a person has a 4 hour task, but only two hours left in their sift, I don't want them to do 2 hours of the task today and the remaining 2 hours the next day. I would like the task to wait until the next day so it can be done all at once and not split across days. Can this be done? Thanks for any help you can give. Michele Yes, but maintaining it might take longer than the task! I consider what you want a time management issue that should be left to the resource (with appropriate guidance....

Can't "Hide Header Information" in Task View Reading Pane
I'm running Outlook 2003, SP3. In the Task View Reading Pane, the header information takes up a lot of screen space. I'd like to get rid of it. I have found two dialogs with a checkbox for "Hide Header Information", but checking and unchecking that box has no effect. It appears to be a bug. Any suggestions? ...

The macros in this project are disabled?
When I try to run my nice new VB code (which was running just fine until I saved the VBA project), I get a dialog that says: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." Of course, neither of these resources were any help at all. What happened? Open TOOLS Select MACRO Select SECURITY Is it set to High? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Geoff Offermann" <gebobs@yahoo.nospam.com> wrote in message news:fCSyb.276756$275.987734@attbi_s53... When I try to run my ...

import new tasks from CSV?
Is it possible to import new tasks from a CSV? I have worked out how to modify tasks in a csv and import them in to modify the exisiting tasks,.... but is it possible to import brand new tasks? Regards Ian Hi Ian, Yes, it's possible to import brand new task from a csv. But setting the regarding field will be challenge, probably you need to use the automap feature. Which means your column name in your CSV must be the same as the display name on the task form. The default import tool in CRM doesn't have great flexibility in linking up the record. Try to use the Data migration t...

Assign a task from a Public Folder to another user
Hello, I am trying to organize a large scale tasks tickler system where everyone can view the master task list and where senior managers can can assign tasks to subordinates. My first approach was to create the task folder in a public folder. Much to my dismay there doesn't seem to be any way to assign the task to another user and still monitor the task in the master public folder task list. First there was no "assign task" command on the toolbar. After adding the "assign task" icon I discovered that the task was added to my personal task list vice the master task li...

how can I chang the default owner of my tasks it is my isps name .
when I start a new task the owner of the taks is my isp's name and not my name can I change some thing to make it my name? ...

cannot find "Exchange Task" in Active Directory Users and Computers console
I have.. 1st AD - W2k 2nd AD - W2k with Exchange 2K. I cannot find "Exchange Task" in Active Directory Users and Computers console of 1st AD or other workstaions with domain admin pak loaded. I can ONLY perform exchange task on 2nd AD with Exchange. It's so inconvenient. What am I missing here? Thanks Calvin you need to install the ESM on the workstation... "Calvin C." <CChang@mjlm.com> wrote in message news:eF1yHJYrEHA.192@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have.. > 1st AD - W2k > 2nd AD - W2k with Exchange 2K. > > I cannot find "Exchange ...

outlook changing event duration
All of my one day events have been doubled in size. I don't know what causes this. I go in and try to fix it, but then it happens again! Why is this happenning? I first noticed it after changing my time due to DST. Thanks. Paulette guillorypr wrote: > All of my one day events have been doubled in size. I don't know what > causes this. I go in and try to fix it, but then it happens again! > Why is this happenning? > I first noticed it after changing my time due > to DST. Thanks. That's why it happened. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197718/EN-US/> (applies ...

ICT Project: Vlookup and dropdown box
Basically, i have a big problem, i have to hand my implementation i tomorrow for my project but i'm stuck on a vlookup formula. The equation I have used is: �=VLOOKUP(product1,products,4)� (wit product1 being the drop-down box, products being the selected tabl from �products� sheet 9with all data), and 4 being the 4th column o that table (product price) which I wish to show in cell G28. However this equation returns a response of �#NAME?�. If I provide a cel reference to the drop-down box, and input that cell reference so tha the equation is now: �=VLOOKUP(G24,products,1)� it returns wit...

CRM tasks synchronization
Can a CRM user create tasks in CRM for someone else and have it synchronize into Outlook for that other person? I've enabled the synchronization from the Outlook client and my own tasks are synchronizing but tasks for others are not. Thanks in advance, Dawn On Feb 21, 3:04 pm, TSIDawn <TSID...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can a CRM user create tasks in CRM for someone else and have it synchroni= ze > into Outlook for that other person? I've enabled the synchronization from > the Outlook client and my own tasks are synchronizing but tasks for others > are...

How do I attach incoming/outgoing emails to an ongoing task?
My goal is to keep all correspondence r/t task, attached to the task, vs creating files in the inbox "Indydog" <Indydog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A4FC242-BF15-46D5-945C-252F2D484D10@microsoft.com... > My goal is to keep all correspondence r/t task, attached to the task, vs > creating files in the inbox Just drag them to the task.... ...

Publishing Tasks Updates
When working on Project Server 2007 for approving tasks updates, is there a way to have the tasks automatically published on to a project plan rather than the PM having to first approve of the task and then go to the Applied Task Update Requests and Errors page to select the tasks that need to be published and then pick the project it needs to be published too? I know there is a way for them to do it straight from the project plan in Project Professional but the PMs prefer to use the web access since they can approve of more than one project at a time but then they find it cumbe...

Credit Sales Tax in Project Billing
I am having difficulty creating a credit in Project billing for sales tax only. I am set up at (When Billed) to expense COGS/WIP. The final invoice, with the applied down payment retainer has been generated and posted. I just need to credit sales tax through that same process vs. simply off their account so it is correct. any ideas? I cannot do a TM Return since I am not billing Time and Materials in that fashion. So, it makes it difficult to generate a return this way. Carmie ------=_NextPart_0001_1351A5E1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Carmie Che...