Summary hours Work in Resourcepool

Hello all,

I have a question about the resourcepool.
We have got several project plans and a resourcepool.
In the resourcepool we have got the fields Name, Project, Start, Finish,
%Work Complete en Work.

I can see all the resources from the resourcepool (view -> resource usage)
and the total hours at work i can't match them. I expand the resource and see
all the tasks below the resources and the hours at work at each task i can
match with the project plans. But when i look to the summary of a resource i
cannot match the total of hours.....

does anyone know what this is and how i can match the ammount at total
work????

Thanks in advance.

Regards!

Manfred
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello Manfred,

What version of Project are you using, including Service pack? Are you
using Project in conjunction with Project Server?

Is the total work for the resource more than or less than the sum of the
assignment work?  It's possible that your resource pool file or a sharer
has become mildly corrupt.  You may try disconnecting each sharer file
and then carefully reconnect each file, checking the total work as you
add each file.  That may help identify where the issue is.  Once you
have identified the file causing the error, try following the steps at
FAQ 43 at:
http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm

I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

On 2/12/2010 8:08 AM, Manfred wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a question about the resourcepool.
> We have got several project plans and a resourcepool.
> In the resourcepool we have got the fields Name, Project, Start, Finish,
> %Work Complete en Work.
>
> I can see all the resources from the resourcepool (view ->  resource usage)
> and the total hours at work i can't match them. I expand the resource and see
> all the tasks below the resources and the hours at work at each task i can
> match with the project plans. But when i look to the summary of a resource i
> cannot match the total of hours.....
>
> does anyone know what this is and how i can match the ammount at total
> work????
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards!
>
> Manfred
0
JulieS
2/12/2010 1:20:16 PM
There are few key concepts you need to look arround before reading Resource
Center view.
   1. Proposed Booking Vs. Committed Booking in Project Professional
   2. Capacity (Actual Working Hours of Resource excluding holidays +
vacations and non-working days) Vs. Base Capacity (Enterprise Working Hours
set on Calender)
   3. Timesheet Features Enabled / Disabled
Resource Center View actually shows the summary of all above time.
--
Regards,
Hyder Zaidi

"Manfred" wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a question about the resourcepool.
> We have got several project plans and a resourcepool.
> In the resourcepool we have got the fields Name, Project, Start, Finish,
> %Work Complete en Work.
>
> I can see all the resources from the resourcepool (view -> resource usage)
> and the total hours at work i can't match them. I expand the resource and see
> all the tasks below the resources and the hours at work at each task i can
> match with the project plans. But when i look to the summary of a resource i
> cannot match the total of hours.....
>
> does anyone know what this is and how i can match the ammount at total
> work????
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards!
>
> Manfred

Why cant i print a work schedule?
I have been trying to print a schedule for work and every time i try to print it the paper comes out of the printer blank. What am i doing wrong? Try this: With your mouse, select what you want to print (highlight it), then File>Print and check "selection" before clicking o.k. Alternatively, for a more permanent solution assuming you print this particular area often, select what you want to print and click File>Print Area>Set Print Area, and then print normally. -- Y "Deb" wrote: > I have been trying to print a schedule for work and every time i try...

Wrap text does not work
Dear all, It seems that after changed the row height of the cell, tjhe wrap text does not work . How can I fix it? Thank you in advance. Hi Peter, Can you verify if it is wrap text that does not work or is it the automatic row height adjustment that does not work. Once you force the row height, Excel respects that and will not change the height automatically for that row(s). Here is a solution for a specific column by Bernie Dietrick. http://google.com/groups?threadm=%23yb%24bf4VEHA.3012%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl Here is a more comprehensive solution for merged cells by Jim Rech in 19...

Working with an Embedded XML File

Business Portal Deployment work around.
You may want to file this post as an example of "In the wake of a mistake". I was working for a client that was upgrading from 7.5 to 9.0 and I was three thousand miles away. I created the new server with SQL 2005 and installed GP 9.0. We had a more "Local" extension of our GP practice go to the site, to complete the migration. For sure, I always install SQL using DOCI 1252. The project document did not indicate that the old server was using a binary sort order. It's been a while since I've seen a binary sort order out there but I guess there are st...

working simultaneously with one document
HI, someone told me that it=B4s possible to work simultaneously on one document/file. i don=B4t realy believe that because i=B4ve never heard of this. anyway, does anyone of you know a possibility how it is possible for two people to work with the same FILE an the same time? even if not its soothing for me that i didn=B4t missed that invention ;) tks Mario tks, i=B4ve found it myself in obtions , its realy possible and works fine i can recommend it, but only for small peace of data because if there are to even minor changes its a hard work to merge them! kind regards mario See Tools>S...

Getting subform to work
I'm trying to build a form/subform that allows an instructor to manage grades for classes. The following query in the subform allows me to change the grade "Status" SELECT tblCourses.CourseID, tblAssign.AssignID, tblSubmit.StudentID, tblSubmit.Status FROM tblCourses INNER JOIN (tblModule INNER JOIN (tblAssign LEFT JOIN tblSubmit ON tblAssign.AssignID = tblSubmit.AssignID) ON tblModule.ModuleID = tblAssign.ModuleID) ON tblCourses.CourseID = tblModule.CourseID; When I connect to the main form that is based on a table containing the StudentID and CourseID the subform become...

Filter coding stopped working
I set up a search form with 3 text boxes and 3 apply filter buttons and a clear filter button. all these buttons worked, and i saved the database. however, when i pulled the form back up, the buttons stopped working. I dont think it is a coding error since it worked before, but here's the codes for my buttons: FOR ONE SEARCH Dim strWhere As String Dim lngLen As Long If Not IsNull(Me.txtFilterSIC) Then strWhere = strWhere & "([SIC] LIKE """ & Me.txtFilterSIC & "*"")" Me.Filter = strWhere Me.FilterOn = True End If...

working with length formula
I am looking at a cells that only contain numbers. (4,5,6, or 7 digits) Any number that is 6 digits or less, leave as is. IF the number is 7 digits, I want to remove the right most number i.e. Tx 1234 result = 1234 12345 result = 12345 123456 result = 123456 1234567 result = 123456 =IF(LEN(C4) =7,LEFT(C4,6)*1,C4) -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA . http://www.contextures.com/excel-sort-addin.html . (editorial review of special sort excel add-in (30 ways to sort) "wabbleknee" <grunge@hobbleknee.com> wrote in message news:j9clt6$apr$1@speranza.aioe.org... >I...

Simply confused
I have a db that is on it's 3rd year of usage and development. A while back I created a complex report built upon a set of queries. It has always worked without issue. I recently did some work to the db, but in no way touch this report, queries or underlying tables, and now I it won't work. I traced the issue to the queries. In a first queries I have a field that is a calculated field (simple + - /). The first query runs fine. Now I have a 2nd query built upon the first in which I reference this above mentioned calculated field. For some reason, the 2nd query ...

previous working Excel file cannot longer be opened
A spreadsheet (96kb *.xls file-using Microsoft Works 6) was previously working and saved in drive A. It was succesful retrieved several times but since the last time it was saved, it cannot be opened any longer. @ the time that I tried to open it the system frozen. I tried to repair the file using the Windows inbox repair tool. Now, I get the message that the file was created with an unknown application. A *.bak file was created by the repair application. How the file can be restored?. Thanks. Hi NEVER open a file directly from a floppy disc. This could lead to corrupted files. Your...

Word wrap stops working after a certain point in a cell
I have a merged cell, formatted as general. I have the vertical alignment set to Top. There is a large amount of text in the cell. It is set to wrap the text, and it does until the very end. Then it just continues on the same line, so I can't see all of it unless I increase the width greatly. I can see it in the formula bar though. If I increase the width more text shows up. There is plenty of room in the height, so why won't the text continue wrapping? Only about a thousand characters can be displayed in a cell, regardless of the row height. It's just a limitation in Excel...

Works 6.0 is there a workbook function?
I had Windows ME and the version of excel that came with that had the workbook function and I loved it. But I bought a new computer that has XP and microsoft works 6.0 and I can't find a workbook function. Lapita I am not familiar with a WORKBOOK Function -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS lapita wrote: > I had Windows ME and the version of excel that came with > that had the workbook function and I loved it. But I > bought a new computer that has XP and microsoft works 6.0 > and I can't find a ...

Add/Remove Programmes not working
I am trying to remove a programme from my computer but when I go into the Control Panel and click on Add/Remove Programmes, it does not bring up any programmes. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how I remedy it? http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Line 337 Column 2 and Line 323 Column 1 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kathy in Wolverhampton" <Kathy in Wolverhampton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E65736BB-24F2-48A6-8396-CDE83B6A5030@microsoft.com... &...

I don't understanding what makes this query work
I inherited a .mdb that has no documentation. One query contains a number of fields, one, "Last Name" is sorted in ascending order and has for criteria <"iq". I do not understand where 'iq' comes from. The query breaks a list of names into 2 parts, 11 names and another query that uses >"iq" produces the remaining 12 names. The purpose of the query is to print a specific report containing those names (and related data). The report for the 2 separate queries is different, hence the need to break it at that point. If I remove the criteria then the...

login only works in Term Services
Hello: I have a Great Plains 8.0 client that is having a user login issue. I have not gone onsite to this client in a while. But, I think the issue simply has to do with an ODBC connection and specifically with an ODBC connection pointing to the wrong server. The controller has added a new user to Great Plains ogging in as "sa". He is trying to log into Great Plains as this user to make sure it accepts the new login. But, when he tries, he gets the famous message that says "There isn't a valid login record....." However, the login does work when he uses ...

OWA 2003 BASIC works but 2003 Premium does not, login hangs
Hi All, I am new to this so hopefully I can provide all the info for you on the first shot. Last week we had some problems with the Exchange 2003 Enterprise server in our organization. McAfee Groupshield was not running properly and had to be re-installed with the newest version. After some issues we finally got that running. Now however, when we try to logon onto the OWA 2003 Server (Which is running on Server 2003 Enterprise) using the PREMIUM mode it just says "Loading..." and all the fonts and boxes look different. If I select basic however it works just fine. This is happe...

SFO is out of work ?
Hello, We install SFO and at the begining it works normaly. But now for unknow reason its out of order. The CRM Tools Bar is out ... And in the CRM folder : IIS message : "Cannot find server or DNS error" the adress is currently :http://localhost:2525/stage.aspx?page=SFA&area .... Some one could help us ? regards Either check or remove and re-add the reference to crmaddin.dll. To get to the reference in Outlook, go to Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options > COM Add-Ins. When a break has occurred, you’ll notice that either the CRM Outlook Addin reference i...

Customize the Queues/ My Work forms
Is there a way to customize the form displayed in the My Work/In progress and Assigned areas. The columns that display are just not enough. I'd like to see such things as regarding and date created thanks Oh hell yes, I'll second this one. Microsoft Crm could really do with been able to both customize which fields appear in the Queue by creating a view against the Queue. (so different queues can have different apperances) And also secure Queues by Business Unit so that users in a Business Unit can only see either their personal Queues, their Business Unit's Queues, their ...

Office 2011 Beta 5
Is there any way around this, or something that may be causing it? Basically the only way I can right click, is by double clicking the cell first, which allows me to type in it, however the only options available then are the editing ones. The pull down menu still contains all the options, but it is very tedious to use. How to get the right click back? On 2010-08-11 10:40:20 -0400, Vlad_M said: > Is there any way around this, or something that may be causing it? You're either an unauthorized recipient of the beta software or you are in violation of the NDA you signed. Any discussio...

New Bixolon Printers (srp350) not working with RMS
Hello members does anyone have opos drivers that will work with the new srp 350s made by Bixolon? Ever since samsung changed I've been having problems with this. Someone please help THank you We also had a same problem and spoke to the engineer. They need a more develpment on this. -- Tech Support 21POS, Inc. 1010 N Central Ave #430 Glendale, CA 91202 888-585-0459 "SIDSolutions" wrote: > Hello members does anyone have opos drivers that will work with the new srp > 350s made by Bixolon? > > Ever since samsung changed I've been having problems with this....

Macro not working correctly
Hello all, I have written a macro that looks at one column of text and depending on what is in the cell of that column, the macro would copy a template worksheet. The macro works for the first cell in the column but then it defaulted back to the last condition. I cannot get it to work correctly and hoping you guys can give me some pointers. Below is the code for the macro...I appreciate the help. Thanks. Sub Test1() Dim x As Integer ' Set numrows = number of rows of data. NumRows = Range("B60", Range("B60").End(xlDown)).Rows.Count ...

Conv. works DB to Office DB
Can anyone tell me if i can convert my old works databases to office 2000 Access ??? Urgent Please Yes, you can convert the data to Access 2000, but not directly. You will have to use Works to export the data to a format that Access can import: a CSV text file or DBF file are two formats commonly used. -- Cheryl Fischer, MVP Microsoft Access Law/Sys Associates, Houston, TX "Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:183b401c41fcb$25f21220$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me if i can convert my old works > databases to office 2000 Acces...

How do I convert 184 minutes into 3:04 (3 hours:4 minutes) in EXCE
I have two data sets to combine. They have cells containing elapsed time. One format has total minutes (184). The second has [h]:mm (3:04). As I have used the [h]:mm format in a number of related jobs I would prefer to convert to that format. Maybe =TEXT(A1/1440,"H:MM") where A1 contains the cell w/184 minutes. "tpendy" wrote: > I have two data sets to combine. They have cells containing elapsed time. > One format has total minutes (184). The second has [h]:mm (3:04). As I have > used the [h]:mm format in a number of related jobs I would prefer to...

Please help on formula that will not work (If-And formula)
Excel 2007. I cannot seem to get this formula to work: =IF(AND((VLOOKUP(CONCATENATE(TRIM($A29),TRIM($A$27)),'test (083)'!$J:$L,3,FALSE)>=C$28),(VLOOKUP(CONCATENATE(TRIM(A29),TRIM($C$27)),Overrides!$E:$F,2,FALSE)<>"N")),"Y"," ") I am trying to do an if statement to enter a "Y" or blank based on my AND parameter. The first AND logical test is checking to see if the vlookup number is greater than the number in cell C28 which is a number 4. This part of the formula seems to work as I tested it by itself. It is the second ...

VPN Fails Via WiFI but works via Wire?
Hi, I have a number of clients whose staff work from home and access the SBS VPN. The vast majority can get connected without a hitch but quite often I will get ones who use Wifi connections from their laptops and can't seem to connect or have a really hit or miss time with getting the VPN to connect. On windows Server 2008 systems I just manually create the VPN on the client's laptop as per the instructions with SBS 2008 and I often find that they can't connect when accessing their router via a plugged in cable, but can't when going via wireless. Is there ...