Setting a Default Print Range

I am using Microsoft Project 2002 and I was wondering if I can set a default
range in the Gantt Chart. Rather than print all the chart I would like to
print out the first ten or so columns on the left hand side of the Gantt
Chart. Can this be set as a default as my colleagues forget to check it
before they print it so it is wasting a lot of paper? TIA
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

That is a project by project setting in File > Page Setup > View.  If you
set it that way in your templates, in theory, it should work - however if
they create projects without templates, I am not sure how you would set it
as the default.

You could try opening the Global.MPT file on each person's computer, but
I doubt it would change the setting.

A macro embedded in the Global.MPT file that runs on open may also do the
trick.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

> I am using Microsoft Project 2002 and I was wondering if I can set a
> default range in the Gantt Chart. Rather than print all the chart I
> would like to print out the first ten or so columns on the left hand
> side of the Gantt Chart. Can this be set as a default as my colleagues
> forget to check it before they print it so it is wasting a lot of
> paper? TIA

0
Andrew

Printing Headers
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Outlook 97 I used to be able to print an "Unsent" message and it would included the header information and subject line. But now in Outlook 2002 when I go to print a message in Draft form it doesn't print the Header information regardless of whether the message is in Plain Text, RTF or HTML format? Is this true and if so, is there a work-around? ...

OR cell range
Hi, I have a formula that works fine to produce a result of either Pass or Fail in a cell. This formula looks at 4 cells thus: =IF(OR(J133="Fail",J134="Fail",J135="Fail",J136="Fail"),"Fail","Pass") I now have a requirement where this will cover more than 20 cells in a column and rather than write a condition for each cell is there some other way to do this. I tried naming a range of cells but that doesn't work. Many thanks Hi =IF(COUNTIF(J133:J153,"Fail"),"Fail","Pass") -- Regards R...

I want to set up a form in excel where I can place a jpeg or pic.
The goal is to set up an excel form where I can place a jpeg or pic. I am very low level excel user but this is a big deal document for me. What do you plan to do with it Karl? Could you give us more information? I mean... you can just use Insert-->Picture-->From file to insert a jpg. What do you want to do? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "karl" <karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:787A30AE-3809-4466-85DE-DA56A0E99616@microsoft.com... > The goal is to set up an excel form where I can place a jpeg o...

Defaults for Public folders
Is there a way to automatically have public folders use the public store defaults when I create a new folder? I create a lot of folders and I have I have to change the item size limit on every folder and would rather just have it do it automatically. Thanks, Sander System policies - Public store policy is what you want. Regards, Boris "Sander" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message news:%23kj%23vJj3EHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to automatically have public folders use the public store > defaults when I create a new folder? I create a lot o...

DEFAULT TEXT BOX FONTS
Hi, In Publisher 2003, it's possible to set fill and line settings as defaults, so that when you create a new text box it automatically uses them . . . However, does anyone know of a way to associate a font (or preferably a style) with new text boxes, so that when you create one the correct typeface is automatically selected? Thanks Open the Font Schemes from the format menu, click "Styles and Formatting", click Create new style. Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub Right-click the text box, click format text box, C...

Known bug? range with 2 file paths
We have been struggling with a buggy spreadsheet, and finally traced the problem to a double-path range as follows: A reference to an external range is normally defined by a formula like 'mypath\[myfile.xls]mytab'!cell1:cell2 Somehow, we had a series of cells with the range reference displayed as 'mypath\[myfile.xls]mytab'!cell1:'mypath\[myfile.xls]mytab'!cell2 Excel does not object (we have tried to enter it manually and XL accepts it), and all goes well as long as the referenced sheet (myfile.xls) is also open. When you try later to open the sheet containing this f...

set up account
? is the anyway to determine incoming mail server settings and outgoing mail server without contacting my isp? Usually the tech suport section on the website of the provider has all of the details you'll need without contacting them directly... On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:55:06 -0800, "YANKY" <YANKY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >? is the anyway to determine incoming mail server settings and outgoing mail >server without contacting my isp? hmm, it kind of hit and miss. most isp's incoming mail servers use POP3 and SMTP for outgoing. the server for incoming i...

Cell range expand or contract
I inherited an Excel workbook that pulls a great deal of its data from an Access db using MSQuery. Some of the worksheets contain bar charts that get their source data from the information pulled in from Access. I am having trouble finding a way to make the cell ranges that hold the chart source data expand or contract depending on the amount of data. For example, one month the source for chart A may be Data! A1:B5. The next month there may have been more transactions and the range would be Data!A1:B10. Right now the user goes in and manually adjusts the cell ranges. Is there some way to m...

New to RMS: Having trouble setting up 2nd terminal.....HELP
We have an existing customer who has 1 server and 1 POS terminal. I have recently installed a 2nd terminal and am trying to match the settings and templates of the register 1 to the new register 2. The problem is with the on-screen keyboard. I've chosen the option to use the touchscreen keyboard in manager for register 2 and picked the template for the pre-configured keyboard layout; however, register 2 just refuses to display the template like register 1 does. I know ive got to be missing something. By the way, i forgot to mention that yes, i have enabled the touchscreen keyboard ...

Linking using ranges?
I have a chart of data on one excel worksheet (and this chart has a constant number of columns, but the number of rows vary). I need to take all of the data on this chart (not all of the data on that worksheet) and put it in to the middle of another worksheet. I was wondering if there was a way to do this without using a macro. My thought was to try to create a range on each sheet and set one range equal to another, but apparently excel doesn't allow this (at least in version 2000, which I am using). Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas? If this isn't possible how woul...

Problem setting BackStyle on Label
I have a problem with Properties on Label in particular, when added by a script. The sequence below works on CommandButton1 and Frame1 objects but behaves strangely with Label1 Public Sub addLabel() Sheet2.OLEObjects.Add "Forms.Label.1", _ Left:=100, Top:=75, Height:=15, Width:=200 End Sub Public Sub nameLabel() Sheet2.Label1.Name = "title1" End Sub Public Sub setLabel() Sheet2.title1.BackStyle = 0 Sheet2.title1.Caption = "My Text" Sheet2.title1.Font.Bold = 1 Sheet2.title1.Font.Italic = 1 Sheet2.title1.Font.Size = 12 End Sub The one property that doesn&...

Selecting a named range, the name of the named range is in a cell
What i want to do is the following : I have a cell which i have named "ExtraRisk". This cell contains text : example "Electricity", which is also the name of a range. Now i want to select this named range "Electricity" & copy the range How do i do this. What i have so far is : Sub Risicos_toevoegen() ..... Sheets("MASTER").Select 'I'm stuck here.... Application.Goto Reference:="ExtraRisk" 'I do not want to copy the named range "ExtraRisk", but i want to copy the named range where the va...

How do I set up moving averages in exel

Error in set up data source
I'm using Windows XP and Office 2K. I tried to set up a data source connecting to an Acces table. When I picked the fields to be included in my query, I got the 'Syntax error in FROM clause' error prompt. The same resulted for connecting to an Excel table but there was no such problem for connection to a dBase (.dbf) file. Any idea? -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...

Tracking Number of Times You Print a Spreadsheet
Does anyone know the VB code (or maybe another method) fro creating a macro or some other function that would record the number of times a worksheet is printed? Basically, I need to know how often a certain spreadsheet is printed for my boss and don't want to have to keep a manual field that I update with the number +1 everytime I print it....can this be automated? So that every time I print the spreadsheet the value in this cell is incremented by one? Please reply to phoenix_crime@yahoo.com if you have a quick and easy solution. I am assuming this requires some minor VB code ...

change range of relative formulas to absolute
Excel 2003. I'd like to change an entire range of cell formulas from relative to absolute. Mark You would need VBA to make global changes to cell references. Here are four........ Sub Absolute() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Selection If cell.HasFormula Then cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(cell.Formula, _ xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsolute) End If Next End Sub Sub AbsoluteRow() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Selection If cell.HasFormula Then cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(cell.Formula, _ xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsRowRelColumn) ...

Settings Button , Customize Button and Service Calendar
Here are the links you can put inside the outlook client to access this menu's inside outlook without having to use the web client to make the changes in your organization Just creat a new folder in the CRM structure ( or not ) , in the properties windows ( homepage ) Insert the following info. Settings http://crm:port/tools/home_tools.aspx?pid=0 System Customization http://crm:port/tools/systemcustomization/systemcustomization.aspx?pid=0 Service Calendar http://crm:port/sm/home_apptbook.aspx You have to creat a folder for each link . Im using this , i dont know if microsoft recommen...

Query to count between list of number (Predicting Start/End that may occur in data range)
Hi, I have a below list of numbers. 566667 566668 566669 566665 566666 566671 566672 566680 I want a query that would return a count between start and end of range. Like Start End Quantity 566665 566669 5 566671 566672 2 566680 566680 1 Thank you. On 2 apr, 07:17, Angela <ims...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a below list of numbers. > > 566667 > 566668 > 566669 > 566665 > 566666 > 566671 > 566672 > 566680 > > I want a query that would return a coun...

Printing Double Columns
How do I get an Excel spreadsheet to print in double columns? The two columns in question are narrow enough for this. Art David McRitchie has a macro that will "snake" the columns. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm Personally, I'd copy into MSWord (maybe hitting NotePad if MSWord slows down when I paste). Then use MSWord's Format|Column to make life easy. AjM wrote: > > How do I get an Excel spreadsheet to print in double columns? The two > columns in question are narrow enough for this. > > Art -- Dave Peterson Dave, That was a...

Deactivate formula after a set time
Is it possible to set formulas to deactivate after a given period o time? I email out a number of spreadsheets that have taken many hours/days t assemble to clients. If they choose to change suppliers (as one recentl did) they can simply use my spreadsheets and change the logos and th new supplier gets all the benefits without the pain! The value of the spreadsheets (the useful life of the data) is only few days so it would be useful if the formulas stopped working afte maybe a month. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated Ton -- y_no ------------------------------------------------...

outlook 2002
Is there a way to print out the e-mail rules that I have implemented. They've grown to a huge number so I would like to prune and consolidate them. -- Bill Mitchell No, not possible. But you can export them so you can restore them later. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Bill Mitchell" <training@jcnypd.org> wrote in message news:PcWBc.245655$hY.223933@twister.nyroc.rr.com... > Is there a way to print out the e-mail rules that I have imple...

Printing a Register
When I view my check reg on screen, the ending balance agrees with my running balance. When I print the reg, the ending balance is wrong unless I change the view to "all". I prefer to filter my display to unreconciled transactions for last 3 months. This way I don't have to scroll many screens. The printout is also one page for easy insertion in my client's folder . When I print from the filtered view, I get an incorrect balance in the printed page although the screen is correct. When I change to "all", I do get the correct balance but I don't want a stack...

Completion Percentage of a date range
I have started a task sheet in excel and i have a "task description" coloumn, a "start date", "finish date", "number of days" and a "% complete" column. What i want to achieve is the user to enter the first task start date and the number of days it will take to complete. Then excel will work out the end date and the percent complete field relating to the current date. Is there a easy formula of working out the percentage? Many thanks Hi Brian, I think this is right? Assume Column A is Task, B is Start Date, C is No. of Days, D is End ...

How do I print only certain info on my excell sheet IE: no SS# or.
Please write your question in the *body* of the message. ...

Publisher 2007 Color Printing option not enabled
I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards (marketing material). When I upgraded to 2007 the quality improved. I notice that the "Tools", "Commercial Printing Tools" "Colot Printing" option is not enabled. What's it for and why is it not enabled? My printing is very slow with Mail Merge from Excel (55 seconds per page of 4 postcards), but I will post that separately. Thanks. Anyone? "Howard" wrote: > I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards > (marketing material)....