Save as html

Hello,

I have hopefully simple question.  I save files out to html for reports.

File
Save As Web Page
then I use the Task list with embedded assignment rows

This works fine.  My only problem is that the files comes up with Project
Start Date, Project finish date and Tasks with Assignments printed at the top
of the report.  My question is can I/how can I Prevent these things from
appearing at the top of the report.  I know I can manually delete and resave.
 But was hoping that there was a simplier way of keep these things from being
automatically inserted as I don't need them.

Any guidance in these area is appreciated.

project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi JJ,

The only option I can think of is to edit the HTML template.  The
templates are stored in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\Microsoft
Project Web

I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

On 4/21/2010 2:05 PM, JJ wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have hopefully simple question.  I save files out to html for reports.
>
> File
> Save As Web Page
> then I use the Task list with embedded assignment rows
>
> This works fine.  My only problem is that the files comes up with Project
> Start Date, Project finish date and Tasks with Assignments printed at the top
> of the report.  My question is can I/how can I Prevent these things from
> appearing at the top of the report.  I know I can manually delete and resave.
>   But was hoping that there was a simplier way of keep these things from being
> automatically inserted as I don't need them.
>
> Any guidance in these area is appreciated.

0
JulieS
4/21/2010 11:26:12 PM
Hi JulieS,

I did find the templates per your instructions, but I don't really
understand how to modify.  Any direction on this is greatly appreciated.  I
would have thought that the map would have been the source of discrepancy as
I have not assigned a template.

"JulieS" wrote:

> Hi JJ,
>
> The only option I can think of is to edit the HTML template.  The
> templates are stored in
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\Microsoft
> Project Web
>
> I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.
>
> Julie
> Project MVP
>
> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
> information about Microsoft Project
>
> On 4/21/2010 2:05 PM, JJ wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have hopefully simple question.  I save files out to html for reports.
> >
> > File
> > Save As Web Page
> > then I use the Task list with embedded assignment rows
> >
> > This works fine.  My only problem is that the files comes up with Project
> > Start Date, Project finish date and Tasks with Assignments printed at the top
> > of the report.  My question is can I/how can I Prevent these things from
> > appearing at the top of the report.  I know I can manually delete and resave.
> >   But was hoping that there was a simplier way of keep these things from being
> > automatically inserted as I don't need them.
> >
> > Any guidance in these area is appreciated.
> >
> .

JulieS,
Please disregard my previously post.  Thanks so much for the infomation.  I
was able to create a copy of the existing template and modify for my needs.
JJ

"JulieS" wrote:

> Hi JJ,
>
> The only option I can think of is to edit the HTML template.  The
> templates are stored in
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\Microsoft
> Project Web
>
> I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.
>
> Julie
> Project MVP
>
> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
> information about Microsoft Project
>
> On 4/21/2010 2:05 PM, JJ wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have hopefully simple question.  I save files out to html for reports.
> >
> > File
> > Save As Web Page
> > then I use the Task list with embedded assignment rows
> >
> > This works fine.  My only problem is that the files comes up with Project
> > Start Date, Project finish date and Tasks with Assignments printed at the top
> > of the report.  My question is can I/how can I Prevent these things from
> > appearing at the top of the report.  I know I can manually delete and resave.
> >   But was hoping that there was a simplier way of keep these things from being
> > automatically inserted as I don't need them.
> >
> > Any guidance in these area is appreciated.
> >
> .

Hello JJ,

The templates would need to be modified in a program that allows
you to edit HTML code.  I believe it's the template that contains
the text and information as it doesn't appear in the export settings.

On 4/22/2010 9:03 AM, JJ wrote:
> Hi JulieS,
>
> I did find the templates per your instructions, but I don't really
> understand how to modify.  Any direction on this is greatly appreciated.  I
> would have thought that the map would have been the source of discrepancy as
> I have not assigned a template.
>
> "JulieS" wrote:
>
>> Hi JJ,
>>
>> The only option I can think of is to edit the HTML template.  The
>> templates are stored in
>> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\Microsoft
>> Project Web
>>
>> I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.
>>
>> Julie
>> Project MVP
>>
>> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
>> information about Microsoft Project
>>
>> On 4/21/2010 2:05 PM, JJ wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have hopefully simple question.  I save files out to html for reports.
>>>
>>> File
>>> Save As Web Page
>>> then I use the Task list with embedded assignment rows
>>>
>>> This works fine.  My only problem is that the files comes up with Project
>>> Start Date, Project finish date and Tasks with Assignments printed at the top
>>> of the report.  My question is can I/how can I Prevent these things from
>>> appearing at the top of the report.  I know I can manually delete and resave.
>>>    But was hoping that there was a simplier way of keep these things from being
>>> automatically inserted as I don't need them.
>>>
>>> Any guidance in these area is appreciated.
>>>
>> .

0
JulieS
4/23/2010 12:35:42 AM
Great JJ.  Glad you were able to work it out.

On 4/22/2010 11:09 AM, JJ wrote:
> JulieS,
> Please disregard my previously post.  Thanks so much for the infomation.  I
> was able to create a copy of the existing template and modify for my needs.
> JJ
>
> "JulieS" wrote:
>
>> Hi JJ,
>>
>> The only option I can think of is to edit the HTML template.  The
>> templates are stored in
>> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\Microsoft
>> Project Web
>>
>> I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.
>>
>> Julie
>> Project MVP
>>
>> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
>> information about Microsoft Project
>>
>> On 4/21/2010 2:05 PM, JJ wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have hopefully simple question.  I save files out to html for reports.
>>>
>>> File
>>> Save As Web Page
>>> then I use the Task list with embedded assignment rows
>>>
>>> This works fine.  My only problem is that the files comes up with Project
>>> Start Date, Project finish date and Tasks with Assignments printed at the top
>>> of the report.  My question is can I/how can I Prevent these things from
>>> appearing at the top of the report.  I know I can manually delete and resave.
>>>    But was hoping that there was a simplier way of keep these things from being
>>> automatically inserted as I don't need them.
>>>
>>> Any guidance in these area is appreciated.
>>>
>> .

0
JulieS

Size doubles with each save
I have 2 files that include over a 1,000 links and formulas. Every time we save the file, the size doubles. It doesn't matter if any changes are made or not. The only way I've found that will bring it back to a normal size, is to Select All Pages, Move to a new book, and save as the original name. Is there a way to find the problem within the file? What might be causing this? Hi you may also check: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Hargrove" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news...

Saving Graphics in Outlook 2000
I belong to a graphics group and from time to time would like to save graphics that come in email. When I right click>save picture as> I get a ..bmp option to save and would prefer to save as either a jpg or a gif. If I manually type in .gif, I loose the animation. Is it possible to save a graphic in the format that it was inserted in the email? Thanks for the help. I have exactly the same problem with Outlook. AND deleting the "ofline content" does not work at all. Can anyone help on this one. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from htt...

Html emails not printing problem
Hi Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. My problem is that the Outlook 2003 does not print html emails. It prints plain text emails fine. In an html email if I click on printer icon, nothing happens. If I select File->Print menu the print dialog does not appear. I am using IE6. I have tried the following so far without luck; - Remove any additional software that I can think of in case it was interfering. - Scanned the pc using Trend's online HouseCall anti-virus/spyware program and removed some minor spyware. - Installed IE7 but at start-up it comes up with title 'Customise your...

Not saving records till "save" command button clicked
If you are in a form and adding information, then close out or go to a new for it just saves the record as long as all applicable fields are filled out. Is there a way to only have a record save if a command button is clicked? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you simply hide the form instead of closing it, I think that will prevent the save. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "szag via AccessMonster.com" <u2885@uwe> wrote in message news:a75249f4b37bb@uwe... > If you are in a form and adding informat...

Saving
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel In windows powerpoint how do I save an "individual" slide (not the whole powerpoint presentation) to a PDF file? Thanks, John Which version? On 9/05/08 4:41 AM, in article ee9ae38.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Full_Bloom@officeformac.com" <Full_Bloom@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > In windows powerpoint how do I save an "individual" slide (not the whole > powerpoint presentation) to a PDF file? > Thanks, > John -- ...

Saving e-mail including attachments problem
Saving Outlook e-mail including attachments has alwawys worked until recently. Can still save an e-mail but the attachemnts disappear. Please help! ...

Which files to save to save the whole OS design?
Hi, I am not sure which files I need to save to be able to rebuild the whole OS design later or on another PC. I read that I don't need to save everything in my OS design folder. But is the solution file and the *.pbxml enough? Thank you for any help Martin Yes.Only .sln and .pbxml files are enough to rebuild your OSDesign folder in another PC. If you have any subprojects created on it then you need to backup the whole subproject folder. -- Regards, Prabu http://prabukumar.wordpress.com/ "Martin M" <MartinM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Messages not saved in Sent Items Folder
Outlook 2003. Some messages are not being saved to the Sent Items Folder even though it is checked in the options. Does not matter whether is a reply, forward or a new email. It is seemingly random with most messages being saved correctly to the Sent Items Folder. Any Ideas? Thanks, Hugo I have a similar problem, along the lines of the below: When i type email and attempt to send when not connected (due to temporary connectivity issues and when unable to connect), the mail is saved in Outbox. When next connected, the mail is sent *but* the mail is not saved in sent items folder. Sending wh...

Office Document Connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel No matter how many times I click "save my password in keychain" it always asks me for my password when I open up the document connection. Additionally, when I click "new file" , then edit the file and save it does not save to the location I was on the SharePoint site but locally. Other than that great work, this saves me so much time, I can't wait to have it fully integrated in Office! There might be a problem with the Keychain database. Open Keychain Access, then click on Keychain>Keych...

Saving a filter?
I am sorting a large spreadsheet. I have filtered down to my chosen rows, now I want to save this as a separate sheet! Press CTRL + A Right-click > Copy Click on a new sheet Right-click on A1 > Paste -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "rik84" <rik84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B03A1D87-0215-4E3F-B5C7-23B6D70CFE92@microsoft.com... > I am sorting a large spreadsheet. I have filtered down to my chosen rows, now > I want to save this as a separate sheet! Or use (in a stand...

Saving and Restoring a Child Window to its Former Position and Size
I want to save a child window's position and size in the Main Window of an MDI application, and restore it at any time later. I want to do this after the user may have reposition and resized it. The parent of this child window is the Main Window. Below is the code I am using to save the position and size: pView->GetWindowRect( &m_WndRect ); AfxGetMainWnd()->ScreenToClient( &m_WndRect ); where pView is a pointer to the child window and m_WndRect is used for the storage. Below is the code I am using in an attempt to restore the position and size stored in m_WndRect: CFr...

HTML Project 4 School
I'm working on an HTML Project at school for my Computer Applications 1 Class, and one of the assignments is to join a newsgroup. So I'm completing my assignment.The computer won't let me view the other messages posted; therefore I can't respond to any of them. So basically I have nothing to say except that I'm trying to complete my assignment ...

I need to save templates in a different way. Anyone know a soluti
I am a lawyer building precedents for my law firm. Here is the problem. I have about 100 separate macro-enabled templates created in my documents folder. I have created a separate folder for shortcuts. There I put shortcuts to each of the commonly used templates I have, and I have assigned hotkeys to them (F1-F12, ctrl-alt A-Z). Now here is the problem. Because I cannot save over a template (when I edit it for changes in the law) and instead have to save it with a different name, I lose the connection to the hotkey, which is linked to that particular document. I do not wa...

HTML to Excel #2
I have saved an HTML document as an Excel document. I am trying to insert a formula that uses the some of the figures listed on the excel document, but the formulas return a #value! error. Is this because the figures that were once html are now not recognized in excel? Formatting the figures does not work, but if I retype the figure, the formula works. Any suggestions?? -- Many Thanks, Paula Hi try: - copy an empty cell - select your imported numbers - goto Edit - Paste Special and choose 'Add' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Billing Goddess" <BillingGod...

save to sub folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel As previous PC user my documents are organized in several layers of folder (folder - sub folder - sub sub folder, etc) When I tried to save email atachement I can only get into the main folder (can not get into sub folder or sub sub folder). Same problem occur when I create a new file (excel, word or PW) when I do 'save as' I can not chose the specific folder that I want to. Any advice? Many thanks Paulina Welcome to the Mac! This is actually an Apple thing, not an Office thing, so remember it--you might run ...

Saving workbook #2
We are sharing some excel books on netwrok by using several "my briefcase" linking to one master file. We cannot modify the file and update to the master file at the same time - as the computer refuse to merge them together. Is there any method that it can go real multiuser. Hi you may try the following: sub save_with_cell() Dim fname fname = worksheets("sheet1").range("A1").value fname = fname & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fname end sub You should add some error checking to this (does the files exist, etc.) -- Regards Fr...

Saving data to Jpeg or gif
I'm trying to save a large block of Excel data as an image file. I have tried copying the data and pasting into "Paint" and then saving as an image. This works...but some data disappears in the strangest way. Very strange. All of the data gets copied but some is missing when you look at the image. Does anybody know a simple way to save Excel data as an image ? Thanks, Grinch Andy Pope has a free add-in that you can use to export images: http://www.andypope.info/vba/gex.htm Grinch wrote: > I'm trying to save a large block of Excel data as an image file. ...

How can I print documents saved separately in My Pictures back-to-
Need to print scanned docs saved in My Pictures back-to-back to save paper. How? I know about Print-properties-Duplex, but these are all separate files, so not sure how to do it. Help! To use Word to do it, you would have to insert all of the scanned documents into a Word document and then print that document in duplex mode. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "anno" <anno@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Save Query Results as table to another Access Database
I have an access database that users use to pull reports (stored procs in sql server) and it paste the data on 4 sheets in excel. Occasionally the reports are too big for excel. I'd like to develop a similar database that saves the results of the 4 stored procs as tables in a new Access database. right now I have it returning the results as a query. How do I save the results in another database? Thanks, -- Billy Rogers Dallas,TX Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003 Hi Billy The following SQL statement should do it for you: SELECT * INTO [TableName] I...

"Save As" Missing in File Menu
When I go to my File menu, the "save as" option isn't there. It was there until recently. Any ideas? -z Matt, It would appear that the File menu has had that item deleted. To reset it, use menu View>Toolbars>Customize Select Worksheet Menu Bar at the bottom click Reset. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Matt Harvey" <zero@somethingsowrong.com> wrote in message news:3FC3B66A.70103@somethingsowrong.com... > When I go to my File menu, the "...

HTML Body Appears as Attachment
Problem: Some users with Outlook 2007 receive HTML email bodies as attachment (and no body in the email). 1. The application (PeopleSoft) generates the email. 2. In the MIME header of the application, it sets Disposition; inline and Filename: to something (e.g., UA_CG_P01.htm). 3. A normal UNIX smtp server is used to forward the message to a NON-MICROSOFT EXCHANGE email server (sending mail is postfix 2.2.9 and receiving mail is Cyrus imap 2.3.9). 4. If the email is sent to a user with an account managed by an MS Exchange Server OR the user connects to the CYRUS IMAP server me...

Can't Save As .gif
When I right click on a .gif file that has been sent to me in Outlook 2003 I only have the option to save as .bmp. If I then sent the E-mail to myself and open with Outlook Express I have the option to save as .gif or .bmp when it is right clicked. What do I have set wrong in Outlook 2003? See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/saveembeddedpictures.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Roger D. Thompson" <rdtthompson@yahoo.com>...

How can I get an attachment in Outlook 2007 to save?
I have a few people, who when trying to save an attachment, get a message "Cannot save the attachment." This extends over different files (doc, xls, pdf). There ends up a Zero byte file, where they were trying to save. I tested to see if it was something like the Outlook Temporary folder problem - When a file is opened 99 times, in Outlook, the file can no longer be saved, until you find the Hidden OLKxxxx (or similar) file, that you had to go to Regedit to find. I removed ALL files from this folder. But, problem still there. People using Ms-Office 2007 Professional, wi...

How to re-assign mini-icons to *.html file types in WinExplorer?
Occasionally the mini icons in front of a files of a certain file type (e.g. all *.html) in Windows Explorer are lost. Instead an ugly dummy icon is shown. How can I re-assign the Internet Explorer typical blue "e" mini icons to them again? Resp. how can I don this in general for a file extension .yyy? Cindy Right click on the file and go to Properties and hit the change button = and then designate the program with which you wish to open the file. steve "Cindy Parker" <cypy@live.com> wrote in message = news:4c57d81c$0$6986$9b4e6d93@newsspool4.ar...

Saving Selected Cells to a Text File w/o using a VBA script
I am trying to save only a range of cells in a worksheet to a tab-delimited text file. I have seen entries posted in this discussion group and have implemented a VBA script (based on some recommnedations posted) that does what I need to do. But my question is: Is there a way to save only a selected portion of a worksheet within a workbook to a text file? (i.e., NOT the entire worksheet, just a selection of cells). Thanks for any help you can give. Hi without VBA not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "patm" <patm@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im...