Save as Excel from Master Project

I am trying to export from a master project with about 8 sub-
projects.  When I try and export from the master to excel, it does not
include certain text fields.  Why?  Any work arounds?  I need the text
field (name) to use the excel sheet.
0
damien
4/16/2010 12:59:51 AM
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How are you exporting?

Data lives in the sub-projects, not the master. However, try expanding all
sub-projects and try again

Not all custom fields roll up to the sub-project tasks, so their data is not
available in the master.

For this and other reasons (including no risk of file corruption) I usually
create new masters every week but not linked. This copies all data into the
master and consolidates resource info. The result is much more useful for
reporting purposes and provides a weekly snapshot.

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com

"damien" <damienvfx@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to export from a master project with about 8 sub-
> projects.  When I try and export from the master to excel, it does not
> include certain text fields.  Why?  Any work arounds?  I need the text
> field (name) to use the excel sheet.

> signature database 5032 (20100415) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5032 (20100415) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Rod

how do i create an excel formula to work out a date x amount of w.
how do i create an excel formula to work out a date x amount of weeks ahead from a given date. ie Start date 1/10/04 Contract Duration 27 weeks Result date? This is what i am trying to acheive, any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi With date in A2 =A2+7*27 -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "Ska" <Ska@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BF11EA1-893B-4D09-A5A0-39C5E1E5CEE7@microsoft.com... > how do i create an excel formula to work out a date x amount of weeks ahead > from a given date. ie > Start ...

Where does Excel store the orientation of PivotFields?
Hi there, I'm trying to find out where Excel stores the orientation of a PivotField, especially once it has been draged into position. Right now I'm using the AcitveChart.PivotLayout.PivotTable("TableName").PivotFields() Function to get a collection of all Fields within that Table. But even though all Fields are in the collection each of them has the orientation "xlHidden" regardless where I dragged them at the chart. The display of the fields within the charts works perfectly fine. Can Somebody Help me please? ...

Excel 2010 Object Model
Hello, In the online help, the Excel Object Model is not in a usable visual format. Is the Excel 2010 Object Model available in PDF or other image format? ...

Get Access Data into Excel
Hi All, I am using excel macro to get data from access database. My sql query gives me 5 records or more than that. I am able to pull it different cells. But I want all the 5 results in single cell. Please help im not exactly sure what your trying to do, but maybe something like this will do the trick dim accval as string accval=rs!:XXX rs.movenext accval=accval & " " & rs!:xxx loop it till rs.eof=true hth dmoney "fi.or.jp.de" wrote: > Hi All, > > I am using excel macro to get data from access database. >...

save attachment dialog box
Does anyone know how to change the dialog box that opens up when you click on an attachment to open, instead of save? The boss thinks he wastes too much time changing the checkbox. My guess would be somewhere in the registry, but don't know where or how. What exactly do you mean? You mean the dialog that comes up and promps you to Save, Open or Cancel? The "Confirm Open after Download" can only be modified with local admnistrator permissions as it changes the registry of the local computer. Control Panel-> Folder Options-> tab File Types -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-O...

How to determine the area under a curve (integration) in Excel?
I would like to compare the areas under curves in a chart. How to determine the area under a curve (integration) in Excel? Hi, Have a look at Bernard Liengme's page. http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/AreaUnderCurve.htm Cheers Andy Hawkeye wrote: > I would like to compare the areas under curves in a chart. > > > > How to determine the area under a curve (integration) in Excel? ...

Excel 2007
Hi all, We have a spreadsheet that was set up to link to a database via a system DSN. To simplify deployment of this, I'd like to change this to connect via the connection string below: DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;DATABASE=xxx; I've done this for another spreadsheet, and it was easy (Data tab- >Connections->Properties), but in this next spreadsheet the Connection Properties for one connection are greyed out/disabled, so I can't change the string. Does anyone have any ideas how to enable these values again so I can change the connection string? thanks! ...

Formula causing run-time error in Excel Programming
This is a repost. I have the following line of code that I am trying to drop in a cell via Access VBA but I keep getting a Run-time error 1004, Application-defined or object-defined error. xls.cells(Rw, Col + lngColumn).value = "=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET(ET_Raw_Data!$C$2:ET_Raw_Data!$C$20000,ROW(ET_Raw_Data!$C$2:ET_Raw_Data!$C$20000)-ROW(ET_Raw_Data!$C$2),0,1)),--(ET_Raw_Data!$A$2:ET_Raw_Data!$A$20000=A" & lngColumn + 1 & "),--(ET_Raw_Data!$D$2:ET_Raw_Data!$D$20000='Feature Request'))" I already have 2 other formulas that are being add...

Excel 2002 is scrolling to the very bottom of my spreadsheet
When I open Excel 2002 my spreadsheets are scrolling to the bottom by itself. If I move it back to the begining it scrolls back to the end. What is going on? Perhaps Speech Recognition is turned on. It can cause some strange behaviour. Choose Tools>Speech>Speech Recognition (if it had a check mark, it was turned on) Dennis wrote: > When I open Excel 2002 my spreadsheets are scrolling to the bottom by itself. > If I move it back to the begining it scrolls back to the end. What is going > on? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contexture...

Sent Messages not being saved in sent folder
Hi. When I send a message, Outlook is no longer saving it in the sent folder. It was doing this until about a month ago. It does not matter if this is a new message or a reply to an old message. Anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks Mike ...

Formatting hyperlinks in an Excel cell 02-16-10
Two of the columns in a spreadsheet (Excel 2003) that I use record email and web addresses. All of them appear as hyperlinks i.e. blue and underlined but some occasionally seem to lose their hyperlink properties. This means that when one hovers over them, the cursor stays as the usual Excel cross rather than changing to the hand/finger symbol. Also, clicking on the former does not launch the browser. Is there any way to ensure they are formatted, and work, as hyperlinks please? TIA V ...

Import and Export from/to Excel query
I need to import and export Excel files in and out of Outlook 2003. When I try and do it I am told I don't have the correct translator and do I want to install it - when I say yes it tells me to put in the CD - when I put in the CD it doesn't install but just freezes up and I have to cancel - the file it tells me I need is L4561403.CAB How and where do I install L4561403.CAB which I assume that I can find on the CD?? TIA for any help. Brian Tozer KiwiBrian <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > I need to import and export Excel files in and out of Outlook 2003. > When ...

Parse multiple text lines into 1 line in excel
help. I am an excel beginner and can't find out how to turn multipl lines of text into 1 row in excel. It's probably really easy but m manual is USELESS. Can anyone help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com debbie You're a little short on details. If nothing below fits the bill post back. "Multiple lines" is how many and is each line in a separate cell down one column? Do you want all lines to go into one cell? You can use this form...

Losing all formatting in Excel 2007 files
I have Office 2007 running on an XP desktop and a Windows 7 laptop. I work on an Excel .xlsx file on my desktop but when I open it on my laptop all of the formatting is lost. I have had this exact same problem except vista to xp. I wouldn't lose all of the formatting, but some words would would be on different lines. Other things I have noticed is that my Office 2007 on Vista doesn't always have the same fonts as on my Office 2007 XP. I think the formatting issue is more of a compatibility issue. ...

How Project Calculates Slipped, Slipping, and In Progress
Can someone please explain how Microsoft Project classifies tasks into the following categories for filtering purposes: Slipped Tasks, Slipping Tasks, In Progress Tasks. I am using Microsoft Project 2007. Thanks! Connie Connie, Easiest thing to do is look at how Project defines them in the filter. Menu: Project/Filtered For/More Filters/ .... select the filter of interest, then press the Edit button. You can there how they are defined. --rms www.rmschneider.com Connie wrote: > Can someone please explain how Microsoft Project classifies tasks into >...

SQL Table SOP40500 Sales Master Number Setup
Can some rows be deleted from Sql Table SOP40500 to improve performance? Thank You, Brian ...

Save word 2003
I run windows XP with word 2003. I recently performed a system reset with some back up software. After which word 2003 wouldn't save any documents. There is 2G of memory left on the C drive so it's not lack of space. I've read other strings about this but can't find a solution, a previous string talked about removing "Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)" but I don't have this in my list of updates (this advice was from 2006 though?) Any help greatly appreciated. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then repair Office 20...

Saving data #2
Hi all, I need to save data (results) from a base spread sheet program that i use on a weekly basis. i am in the middle of building this program, and have just discovered macros, but this, along with links is about my current knowledge of excel how can i automate to accumulate data from the base spread sheet (program) when i clear all data from the program to produce fresh results the following week, and to keep past data up to date and available for further use. Any help would be appreciated. legepe With a combination of formulas and dynamic named ranges, it is possible to just add the ...

Making sure data is saved on closing application
Hi, I have built myself the following application from 'Teach Yourself Visual C++ in 21 Days' chapter 'Day 14 - Retrieving Data from an ODBC Database' http://serghei.net/docs/programming/c++/ty%20visualC++6%2021%20days/ch14/ch14.htm The application lets you edit and add records to a database (as well as just retreive them). The application uses recordset flags in code to make sure that data is saved if you edit one record and move to another. However, there is no code to make sure new or edited data is saved when the application is exited. After having poked about, I have...

Can you program Excel to draw an asymptote?
I want to know if there is a way to get excel to put an asymptote on a chart if you already have a parabolic data set on the chart. My goal is to find to value of the asymptote for further analysis. I know I can fudge a straight line graph onto the chart but it is not meaningful without the true value. HELP!!! "csusbgirl07" <csusbgirl07@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6E51019A-7160-4A93-862F-A785BD2DBD3E@microsoft.com... > I want to know if there is a way to get excel to put an asymptote on a chart > if you already have a parabolic data set ...

When launching Excel 2007 the VB debuger always opens
I am testing Excel 2007 Beta 2 on two computers. On one of them, XP SP2 there is no problem. On the other, 2003 Server SP1, each time I open Excel a VB window opens up, with a message that says "Compile error: Cant find project or library." If I close that window I get a message saying that the debugger will stop. If I close that, Excel reacts normally. Any suggestions? Thanks ccoates@gfs.com Hi Chris, Do you have any templates loading on the second computer? Any add-ins? What is shown in VB itself when you see the error message? Which module are you in? This sounds like...

how do I apply more than 3 conditional formats in excel
I want to create a themal analysis problem whereby the results of the calculation are displayed in a grid of cells (representing the shape of the item). I then want to apply conditional formatting which colours the cells depending on the value. I want there to be 10 colours ranges. I can do this easily for four colours using standard conditional formatting but I want to use 10 colours, is there a way to expand the conditional formatting? Hi couple of options - there's a conditional formatting add-in available for download at www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.Download.html or you...

Hyperlink powerpoint object to excel range?
I'm using a powerpoint presentation to show several ranges on several worksheets in an excel workbook. No problem linking the excel file to powerpoint but is there a way to link powerpoint to a range address within that file? I am hoping to flip back and forth with several powerpoint links to particular worksheet ranges. Thanks Your advice will be appreciated ...

Excel.Application User-define Error
In trying to solve a Access to Excel data linking problem from Microsoft's site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904953 I am trying to run the example and it dies on Dim xlApp As Excel.ApplicationThe error message I get is "Compile error: User-defined type not defined." Is there something I need to add like a reference in order to get this to work?Mike You need to add a reference to Excel (through Tools | References while in the VB Editor). Personally, I prefer using Late Binding, since setting a reference then limits your application to only those users with the same ...

Type mismatch error in Excel
Hello, I receive a type-mismatch error when compiling. The cells being referenced only have dates. Can someone help? Heres some of the code Application.Windows("rpt_BigTicket.xls").Activate a = Range("D:J") b = DateValue(Format(Now(), "mm-dd-yyyy")) - Weekday(Now(), 1) c = Application.VLookup(b, a, 2, False) "This is where the ERROR-13 'Tpye Mismatch occurs' The default property for a range is the .Value property, so a = Range("D:J") is returning an array of values, not a range object. Try something like: Dim a As Range D...