Resource Hours by Month

How can I see the number of hours allocated per day, week or month?

The hours per task are easily found as are the hours by resource.

However, without a weekly/monthly total it's difficult/impossible to see if
the total program matches the funding/spending profile.
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi,

YOu haev to modify teh timescale (Format, Timescale)
You get the totals based on the minor scale.
HTH

--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional
"Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I see the number of hours allocated per day, week or month?
>
> The hours per task are easily found as are the hours by resource.
>
> However, without a weekly/monthly total it's difficult/impossible to see
> if
> the total program matches the funding/spending profile.

0
Jan

How to load a picture (not BMP) being in Resources of the project
Hello. How to load a picture (not BMP) being in Resources of the project as Custom in CImage. Thus not keeping it on HDD. HRSRC src = FindResource (AfxGetInstanceHandle (), MAKEINTRESOURCE (IDR_DIALOGJPG), "IMAGE"); int nSize = SizeofResource (AfxGetInstanceHandle (), src); HGLOBAL hRaw = LoadResource (AfxGetInstanceHandle (), src); IStream* pStream = NULL; ULONG n; void* pData = GlobalLock (hRaw); CreateStreamOnHGlobal (hRaw, TRUE, &pStream); img. Load (pStream); FreeResource (hRaw); After this code I have exception. How to be? Depends. If you keep your .exe on your har...

I want to set up a resource: e.g., conference room
I would like to se up a resource, specifically our boardroom, to allow folks to "reserve" the room when scheduling a meeting. From outlook's help: In order to schedule a resource, the resource must have its own mailbox on your server. An individual in the organization sets up the mailbox and gives permission to others to schedule the resource. Aside from that, the resource is self-sufficient, accepting and rejecting invitations automatically. It is my understanding that to create a mailbox, I have to have either user or a contact and mail enable them. It seems a little ine...

Project 2007 Work Field Formula to Exclude Work Done by Resources Not in a Resource Group
I have a workshop task in my project schedule which is worked on by Resources from my company (Resource Group = VENDOR) and resources in the client's company (Resource Group = CLIENT). I need a formula to calculate WORK hours for ONLY the resources in Resource Group = VENDOR. I want to drop any hours that the CLIENT spends on the task and only calculate VENDOR hours. Does anyone have a formula? I am familiar with Project, but have not used formulas before. Could not find a formula to do this in any of the other forums on the net.. Thanks! +------------------------...

SQL
I have a field called daReportCreated which holds the date where the record is created. The date format is in dansih like this - 31-12-2007 15:08:00 I would like to take out the day+month and then count which day each year that have the most records. I found this help - SELECT DATE(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP); - returns a date (2004-06-22) But i don't know how to use it. Get the count of records for each day SELECT DateValue(daReportCreated) as TheDate , Count(daReportCreated) as TheCount FROM YourTable GROUP BY DateValue(daReportCreated) Get the maximum Count per year SELECT Year(TheDate)...

formula to convert 15 minute to hourly data
I need a formula to convert 15 minute timestep data to hourly average (an average of the four 15 minute data points for the hour). My spreadsheet looks like this: datetime in first cell data in second cell 1/1/00 00:00 2.2 1/1/00 00:15 2.0 1/1/00 00:30 1.9 1/1/00 00:45 2.0 1/1/00 01:00 2.4 1/1/00 01:15 2.2 1/1/00 01:30 2.1 1/1/00 01:45 2.0 1/1/00 02:00 1.8 etc..... I have about hundreds of rows of this type of data. At times there may be missing data, but the correct time is there, there is just no data in the cell. I would like a third column of data that would have the date/time at...

Vista sp1 takes more then 24 hours..
Hello, I've a question... I'm trying to install SP1 for Vista...but its now already more then 24 hours busy. My laptop is restarting every 3 minutes and after that says again : 'fase 3 from 3 0%' and after a few minutes 99% I don't think it's normal that it takes this long, is it? what can i do? (sorry for my bad english) thnx already for the help greets Charley Is SP1 being offered by Windows Update or are you attempting to install it manually? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What a...

How do I get useful month-to-month comparisons?
Now that I have all my Asset and Liability accounts set up and 5 months of entries that balance out correctly and are categorized, I'm trying to figure out how to get useful month-to-month comparisons. What I want to do: make sure my normal income actually covers my normal expenses and savings goals. I want to see my average monthly income vs. expenses, but not the default incomve vs. expense Report: I want to ignore certain extraneous one-time expenses and unpredictable income events, and I want certain income or expense events to be averaged out over the year rather than appea...

Extract hour:min in Excell or MS query
I am trying to fetch data from Oracle using MS Excel via ODBC. Here is the query I ran on Oracle using SQL*Plus. I want to get the same result in Excel. select to_char(dt_time, 'MM/DD HH24'), sum(value) from tab1 where to_char(dt_time,'Day') not in ('Sunday','Saturday') group by to_char(dt_time, 'MM/DD HH24') Thanks in advance for you quick help.. Max. ...

resource modules and dlls
Ok, I'm trying to change my dll to link statically to mfc. This particular dll needs to use resources from the exe module, not from itself! With a dynamic link I simply skipped the part of switching resource modules and it worked fine, but now that I'm linking statically my dll is not finding the client exe's resources. How can I make my dll use the main modules resources? ...

Is it possible to get the size of a formview resource...
Is it possible to determine the size (width and height) of a formview resource before it is actually used in a splitter pane. The idea is to get the size then set the splitter pane to the correct size before it is used in a splitter pane ??? Thanks..... "John Larocca" <larocjj@medicine.ufl.edu> wrote in message news:%23%23oZ06V0DHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to determine the size (width and height) of a formview > resource before it is actually used in a splitter pane. The idea is to get > the size then set the splitter pane to the correct siz...

Mailboxes Resources in Exchange 2003
Hi In Exchange 2003 we have several mailboxes that are used as resources (Meeting rooms). The assistant people schedule the meetings for VIPS users. If you search The appointments in the assistants calendars and in the VIPS users you can find all the appointments, I would like to change the configuration so those appointments are not save in the assistant calendars Is this possible? King Regards Hi Anderon, If the assistant arranges the meeting, usually his/her name will be register automatically as Required. You can exclude the assistant address from invitation. regards, Irwin ...

recurring meetings times changed by 1 hour
All my recurring meetings that occur during daylight savings time were automatically adjusted by 1 hour, while those occuring during standard time were not. Why? Is there an easy fix and a way to prevent this from happening again? My clock time is correct. ...

error rc2168 : resource too large
mybe me help how resolve visual studio 2005 c++ error "error rc2168 : resource too large". Best Regards michal Make a smaller resource? Seriously, that's all we can tell from an error message that has no other accompanying information. What kind of resource? Who created it? How big is it? joe On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:45:12 +0100, "michal" <kichus34@wp.pl> wrote: >mybe me help how resolve visual studio 2005 c++ error "error rc2168 : >resource too large". > >Best Regards >michal Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder...

Converting Minutes to hours and mintues
My question is say i have a number representing minutes how do i convert it to hours and minutes eg/ 140 minutes = 2h20m or something similar, cheers in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Easiest way is to convert to Excel time value (decimal fraction of a day) =minutes/24/60 and format as time. Format|Cells|Number|Custom and enter either [h]:mm or if you want it to appear exactly as "2h20m", then use [h]"h"mm"m" Jerry Branagan1985 < wrote: > My question is > > say i have a number representing minutes > how...

Filter Current Month Records in Report
I have a report that needs to display the total records of current Month (table have all year records)from Table name "Audits", the field cointaining the date records is "Date". How can I write an expression in a textbox to show this tota in the report?l, or how can I do this in VBA (recordset). You should not name your date field 'Date' as it is a reserved word and may cause problems. To your request - create a calculated field like this --- Year_Mon: Format([YourDateField], "yyyymm") Then use this as criteria for current month --- Format(Da...

Repetitive Assignment Update email Notification to all resources i
We are facing this issue on the project server, The software config of the same is Microsoft Project Server 2007 Version 12.0.0.4518, Project Professional 2007 & SQL 2005 sp3 9.00.4035 When we create a new project and assign task to resources (from project professional 2007) and later save and publish, the assigned resources get an email notification of their task and even they can view the same on the PWA site. Also the project is successfully saved and published on the Project Server. However when we open that project again in Project professional 2007 and add or ed...

'GeneralQueueJobFailed' after resource assign and project publishi
Hi ; After assigning resources to project and publishing it, I get the following exception and process hangs at %93 : id="23000" name="ProjectPublishFailure" id="26000" name="GeneralQueueJobFailed" After checking logs, I found the following exception : System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: Invalid object name 'msp_assn_enterprise' 'msp_assn_enterprise' table exists in the database and database user has got permissions to it. Also in the 'msp_assn_enterprise' table , there is no row with : 'assn_finish_date &g...

Diff of hours from begin month to end month
I want to have a query that shows the difference in hours from the beginning of the month to the end of the month. This shows the months production output. I will then build a crosstab query on this to show month on month production output to see if we are gaining or losing production capability. IF you mean you want to show the number of hours in a month then you can use the DateDiff function. DateDiff("h",#1/1/2008#,#1/31/2008#) I suspect you need something a bit more complex then that, but you haven't given enough details to propose a more detailed solution. So I hope ...

URGENT HELP NEEDED: resource problems
Hi, we are working on a project using MFC with visual studio 6.0 sp5 Now we have a strange phenomenon: When running our application for a while, suddenly it looks like the resources get all mixed up: - In a combo box, the dropdown arow suddenly shows the number six - The font type is different - The font size and button size increase. It is as if the whole dialog scales bigger. - Buttons with bitmaps inside suddenly don't show the bitmaps anymore. We have no idea what is going on. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance, Serge Desmedt Hello, Sounds to me like you have memor...

No Add member varible as control available in .NET2003 MFC Lib32 resources !
I professionally work with a rather large project and I have splitting the 'Solution' into a number of Win32 Lib projects using VS 6.0. While migrating to .NET2003, the new Add Member Variable-Wizard can't generate dialog member controls (stuff is grayed out). It works with MFC EXE and MFC DLL applications (I suspect because they have CWinApp derived class), but not with resources in Win32 MFC LIB-projects. Is this a known problem in .NET IDE, are there any workaround ? Right now I'm thinking about staying with VS 6.0 ...

DST
Ran the DST updates on the servers including the Exchange 2003 SP2 server. Ran the security updates on my XP machines which included the 1836 DST patch. On the W2K machines I ran the TZedit tool because the w2k machines no longer update properly. Then went back and ran the Exchange server tool kb*666 on the Exchange server. I did NOT run the Exchange calendar tool because it appears to be hell and overkill based on our size. The Windows 2000 pcs after running the tzedit time zone fix look great. They are good today and good on and after March 12th. These W2k machines share their c...

Is it possible that more than 1 project to share the same resource.h file?
Hi all.... before getting crazy fighting with ID's I want to receive your advice on what's the best way to do this: I'm programming an application that is very big, so to make it more understandable, it was necessary to program different modules in DLL's. I have at present 3 different projects in the workspace. The main project is the application itself (that has the CWinApp derived class) and the others are extension DLL projects. The application is MDI. The main project only has CManFrame class and some CControlBar's. One DLL project is the administration module, where...

Linking additinal resources
I have a libray project that has some resources (.bmp). The library is shared by multiple projects. I've included the .rc file in the exe projects resource includes. I get an error compiling the resources due to the compiler not seeing the path to the library resources (ie IDB_BMP BITMAP DISCARDABLE res\\bitmap.bmp). Is there someway to get around this so that the library can be shared? The library compiles to a resource.res. Is there someway to link this into the exe project? Thanks ...

Resource Scheduling #5
We have a number of resource mailboxes set up (such as for conference rooms). We'd like the meeting requests for these to go to three different people and we'd like each to be able to see if one of the others accepts/declines that request. Is this possible? How would I go setting it up? [As of now, the requests go to a distribution group that the three 'resource managers' are part of. So they each get a notice. But they have no way of knowing if one of the others has responded.] Thanks! -sd ...

Resource only DLLs
Just thought I'd report on the resolution of my resource-only DLL problem, by way of thanks to those who helped, and in case it helps others. 1. The original problem: some users were finding the the language support DLLs were not always loading though the problem was intermittent. The language support DLLs were not quite resource only, but had one function of the form BOOL APIENTRY DllMain( HANDLE hModule, DWORD ul_reason_for_call, LPVOID lpReserved ) { return TRUE; } But I was also using a precompiled header with stdafx.h co...