Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community

Microsoft Office Evolves Community as Part of Office 2010 Launch:
As you know, this is a big year for Microsoft as we are launching the latest
version of Office.   Office 2010 is all about making it easy for you to get
and use Office on your terms.  Office 2010 lets you work from the office,
from home, or at school across the PC, the Phone, and the Browser.     You
can purchase Office 2010 from retail, from our OEM manufactures when you
purchase a new PC, or get it direct from Microsoft, faster than ever via a
new software delivery mechanism called Click-To-Run.

And, we're working hard to provide you the customer support you want, when
you want it.   We are offering 1-year of technical support included in our
Office Professional 2010 SKU.  We are expanding and improving our community
to provide free, 24/7 support.  The details of this evolution are outlined
below, but suffice it to say, we're really excited about this as it aligns
with our Office 2010 vision of Office on your terms

What is Happening?
This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing
newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums.

Why?
As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the
traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the
past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding
solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites.  This
move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier
for active contributors to retain their influence, mitigate redundancies and
make the content easier to find by customers and search engines through
improved indexing.  Additionally, forums offer a better user and spam
management platform that will improve customer satisfaction by encouraging a
healthy discussion in a clean community space.  To this end, Microsoft will
begin to progressively shift available resources to the forums technology
and discontinue support for newsgroups.

In addition to offering a compelling online browser experience, for those
users who prefer to use an NNTP (newsgroup) reader to participate in the
newsgroups community, we have developed a solution called the NNTP Bridge
which allows a user to connect a variety of supported NNTP readers to the
forums they would like to participate in and continue having the NTTP reader
functionality.  You can find instructions on how to download and set up the
NNTP Bridge here: http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/

When will this Happen?
Effective June 1, 2010 this newsgroup will be closed.

Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
Microsoft has a large selection of forums, many of which cover either the
same or closely related technologies to the ones found in the newsgroups.
The forums have seen amazing growth and are an excellent place to continue
the discussion.

For the Consumer audience, we recommend that you start with:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz/threads

For the ITPro audience, we recommend that you start with:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectprofessional2010general/threads

Should you want to visit the other Microsoft Forums, please go to
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx

Who Should I Contact with any Questions?
Send any questions about the process, recommended forums and timing to
NNTP@microsoft.com

0
nntp
5/21/2010 8:47:02 AM
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

adding quickpad layouts on MIcrosoft POS
Does any one know how to create new layouts? ...

Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report:
In CRM 1.2 When trying to create a custom view for Accounts, I get a dialog that pops up saying: Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Detail on this error have not been proivded by the platform. Error Number: 0x80040E2F Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Query String: /tools/vieweditor/viewManager.aspxobjectTypeCode=1&mode=new I've never had this problem before. I've added plenty of custom views. It happens on the Web Client, on both client and CRM server machines. I tried looking up...

Microsoft CRM integration with Macola
Hi, Does any one has made the integration between Microsoft CRM and Macola? Thanks. ...

Dismissed Reminders Keep Reappearing 12-09-09
I had posted about this before, and the only feedback I got was the generic run with the /cleanreminders switch. Preemptively, I've done that and it had no effect (good or bad). I've also added new details about the circumstances surrounding the problem in this posting. I'm running Outlook 2007 connected to an Exchange 2007 server. I access the account from both my laptop and a desktop computer. Some (not all) of my dismissed reminders keep coming back on both computers, so whatever the problem, it's either related to or feeding back into the Exchange server. ...

Email reminder
Can outlook send email reminder to events ? If yes how? Thanks for answering ...

MICROSOFT PUBLISHER 2002 #6
I have windows xp/serive pac 2.aprox 6 months ago began receiving "pop-up window- windows installer-The feature u r trying to use is on a cd rom or other removable disk not available-Insert publisher 2002, This pop occurs every time i open window,tab,site etc? attempted tp create "Back-up File",would this cause pop up? have had desktop bout 2 years. Did you try a repair? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "rlh" <rlh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D525693E-D1...

Microsoft CRM Report Viewer Bug ? 04-15-07
When viewing report in Microsoft CRM Report Viewer, it extracts the filter info from the RDL file. When user saves the default filter it's also stored in the RDL. The filter info is actually the Fetch XML which is build dynamically by the viewer control. I've created a report and in the RDL file specified the Fetch XML with linked entities and attributes for each linked entity. This way when report is executed, the Fetch XML is converted to the SQL statement which is used as report data (when executed). Report viewer displayes the filter correctly BUT when it builds the Fetch ...

"Not Responding" for HOURS
My Excel 2007 spreadsheet has been "Not Responding" for HOURS. I can hear the hard drive spinning (at various speeds) but, on the PC, the green activity light (indicating that data is being written to or read from the hard drive) has been flashing very infrequently. I don't want to lose the changes I've made to my spreadsheet so how can I save my spreadsheet? What could be causing the "Not Responding" condition? Sometimes this happens. Perhaps due to trying to run formulas on tooooo large an area?????? Not likely to respond. Save often or look for auto save cop...

Microsoft Money 2006 Database SDK
Does anyone know of a MS Money DB SDK? I would like to export my Money information to a SQL database so I can create my charts and stuff from it. The SDK would just have to allow read-only access (provided with password) to the Money information. Thanks for any help! See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10. With MoneyLink you can get some stuff out, but it leaves great holes. (Classification for one has no place in MoneyLink. The memo in a root transaction, for another, is not visible in MoneyLink.) With careful report creation/export and a lot of work importing the reported (and seri...

Event log quits logging
Server is an HP ML310 G5p running Windows SBS 2008, at SP2 level. Recently the server experienced these symptoms: 1. Email stops being delivered to the clients 2. Cannot login to the server via rdp or console. After entering the password it just sits at a blue screen that says Welcome. 3. Post-reboot review of the logs show that the application, system, and security logs just stop logging events until the reboot. 4. Apparently DNS continues to function and maybe file services because the clients can still access the shares and Internet. The last entry in the logs is at approx...

how do i upload a pdf file into my webpage using microsoft publis.
help me out. Do you want the pdf file available on your website by clicking on a link? Give a visit to www.vanusa.org and click on any of the numerous links and see if this is what you want. -- Don Vancouver, USA "LeendaLism" <LeendaLism@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:753F59E6-7402-41A3-8C38-5B39C0BF7DAB@microsoft.com... > help me out. ...

problems installing outlook client: The Microsoft CRM Data File, M
Problem trying to install Microsoft CRM 3 Outlook desktop client on a PC running windows XP service Pack 2 and Outlook 2003 service Pack 2 connected to exchange. Originally downloaded ISO installation file from Microsoft downloads, and burnt CD. Installation failed, it seems the installation CD was corrupt. We then found our original installation CD, which when we installed it, it came up with two messages: - Microsoft Outlook was not initialized. Please run Outlook and configure your mail account. ---- Outlook is installed and running, there's no problem with this so I do not unde...

Unitek's Microsoft CRM Dedicated Portal Comes to the Rescue of Bus
Unitek Education, one of North America's leading IT education and training organizations, has announced the introduction of a personalized Microsoft CRM portal. In essence, this high-powered, all in one educational solution caters to the advanced needs of Unitek's clients and valued customers. Fremont, CA (PRWEB) February 4, 2008 -- With this new portal, Unitek will be able to better service the ever growing educational needs of its Microsoft CRM customer base at its own Microsoft CRM Blog. (http://www.unitek.com/training/microsoft/crm/blog) Experience gained through successful...

Excel instance used with "Export to Microsoft Excel" option in Internet Explorer
I use the "Export to Microsoft Excel" context menu frequently from Internet Explorer, but find two aspects of this option difficult, and was wondering if anyone has a way to get around these. When I use this option, it starts a new instance of Excel, even if I already have Excel running. If I use this option a second or subsequent time within one execution of IE, each time I use it it creates another instance. This means that if I right click on 5 different HTML tables and select this option, I get 5 different copies of Excel, each with only one created workbook with a worksheet w...

Prove these security patch that came from the Microsoft Corporation
--zlxtlqtfai Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yubpkhqdp"; type="multipart/alternative" --yubpkhqdp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="piyknluvqdaopu" --piyknluvqdaopu Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the mo...

'Microsoft Money has stopped working' #2
I'm running Microsoft Money Plus Delux and Vista Home Premium. When attempting to start Money I recieve the Error message: <'Microsoft Money has stopped working' A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you know if a solution is available.> I have read other threads with similar sounding problems and I have tried: +> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942485 +> running as administrator by right clicking icon +> article 836197; MSXML 4.0 SP2 +> uninstall won't work for some reason; nor does reinstall f...

Reminder problems
I continue to have problems with reminders in OL 2003 in one of my profiles, even after running the cleanreminders switch. A few examples: A friend's birthday - 2 reminderd: 67 and 15 weeks overdue Same friend's aniversary - 2 reminders: 24 and 24 weeks overdue (and his anniversary is not even listed in his contact for this profile) Another friend's birthday - 3 reminders: all 27 weeks overdue (at least they are consistent!) Another friend's birthday - 2 reminders: 73 and 21 weeks overdue. At present a total of 14 reminders in this profile. Onlyk 1 is for an up...

Why do I keep getting the message "Insert Microsoft 2002 Publishe.
I keep getting the message "Insert Microsoft 2002" CD on Windows XP. What can I do? Would you please write down the *exact* error message you are getting and give us a few more details, like when do you get this message? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "pigsty213" <pigsty213@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5B56216-DC91-498B-8F17-412EB94AF249@microsoft.com... >I keep getting the message "Insert Microsoft 2002" CD on Windows XP. What > can I do? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus ...

Not able to install Microsoft Publisher 2000 on Win XP Pro
I have a customer who has Microsoft Publisher 2000. The part number is X05-26424 CD set# X05-33542. When running through the setup he is able to put in the CD key but when installing the componets it hangs. I noticed on the Microsoft site that Publisher 2000 requirements are Windows 95/98 & NT4. Does this means that he is not able to install it on XP? I already checked the other requirements as for memory and hard disk space and type of CPU he needs. He has all of the necessary requirements with the exception of Operating System type. Thanks in advance, Ause Sims After managi...

Address Book
Hello, I had a question about the address book in MS Web Access. We are using Exchange 2000 Outlook Web Access. What I want to know is: Is there a link to the ADDRESS BOOK, that I can use on my website? I want to create a link so that users can click it, and search for e-mail addresses in the Exchange Server .... Anyone know if and how this can be done? I don't want users to log in to there mail, because we are dealing with 3000 users, and some of them just don't understand it when I tell them to click on the addy book in the web access. This will make my life alot easier if I can do ...

Microsoft Query
I am new to the above. I think I understand it. The problem is when I go to edit a microsoft query most of the drop downs are grayed out. Has anyone any ideas why this should be? Is there a setting I have missed somewhere. Excel is running on XP Professional and I am accessing data from an AS400 box Many thanks ...

test
Subject: test - please respond please respond to this test with the word response or whatever "William.Smith" <William.Smith@SupportX.com> wrote in message news:4F4AB5181919@123456789.spx.com... > Subject: test - please respond > > please respond to this test with the word response or whatever > > > if you use a TEST group then you will automatically get a response. Please uses groups with TEST in the name for test posting in the future. Thank you. Dear, Thanks for testing :-D Regards APK "Gordon" wrote: > "William.Smith" ...

Microsoft Money 2002 #9
Seems to be a glich in my computer and it won't install Money. A window keeps popping up stating I need the file Money.MSI and to insert the CD disk. I put in the disk and the same window pops up with the same information. I have tried to delete the program all together and I am not able to. The computer says there is another program running and won't let me do anything. The other program that is running is the installation of Money! I am unable to install or delete any files. Short of wiping out the hard drive and starting all over, are there any suggestions on how to ge...

Taste these critical package from Microsoft
--gdchtxusxfnfcrtqg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="niikreflqgggf"; type="multipart/alternative" --niikreflqgggf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fxyjeobmdddurw" --fxyjeobmdddurw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to...

Microsoft Database Utility not showing any database
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange When I start Entourage, it tells me the database is corrupt and that I should use the MS Database Utility to repair it. When the utility launches there is no database listed there. <br><br>I've tried moving the Microsoft User Data folder as was suggested in a previous thread. But someone closed that thread before it was resolved so there are no other answers there. On 2010-01-26 16:17:20 -0500, BrendanM721@officeformac.com said: > When I start Entourage, it tells me the...