Reassigning tasks to resources not already part of project plan

I am creating projects and assigning the majority of the tasks to team
leaders, who are then reassigning to various resources on their teams.

Although these resources are members of the team and can assign the tasks to
themselves, they don't appear on the drop-down menu for the Reassign Work
feature, I"m assuming because I don't have them assigned specifically to a
task.

Is there a way around this, other than creating a dummy task with ALL the
potential resources on it?

project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_00F5_01CAAF4B.B2486F60

Hi Suze,

This sounds like you're using Project Server.  Try posting on the =
microsoft.public.project.server newsgroup (forum).  Please see FAQ Item: =
24. Project Newsgroups.   FAQs, companion products and other useful =
Project information can be seen at this web address: =
http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm=20

Mike Glen
Project MVP

  "Suze" <Suze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  I am creating projects and assigning the majority of the tasks to team =

  leaders, who are then reassigning to various resources on their teams.

  Although these resources are members of the team and can assign the =
tasks to=20
  themselves, they don't appear on the drop-down menu for the Reassign =
Work=20
  feature, I"m assuming because I don't have them assigned specifically =
to a=20
  task.

  Is there a way around this, other than creating a dummy task with ALL =
the=20
  potential resources on it?

------=_NextPart_000_00F5_01CAAF4B.B2486F60

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16490"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi Suze,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">This sounds like you're using Project=20
Server.&nbsp; Try posting on the microsoft.public.project.server =
newsgroup=20
(forum).&nbsp; Please see FAQ Item: 24. Project Newsgroups.&nbsp;&nbsp; =
FAQs,=20
companion products and other useful Project information can be seen at =
this web=20
address: <A=20
href=3D"http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm">http://project.mvps.org/faqs.ht=
m</A>=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen<BR>Project MVP</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Suze" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Suze@discussions.microsoft.com">Suze@discussions.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:FBE2CB92-CCC2-456E-93A7-43F4FA874FFB@microsoft.com">news:FBE=
2CB92-CCC2-456E-93A7-43F4FA874FFB@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  am creating projects and assigning the majority of the tasks to team=20
  <BR>leaders, who are then reassigning to various resources on their=20
  teams.<BR><BR>Although these resources are members of the team and can =
assign=20
  the tasks to <BR>themselves, they don't appear on the drop-down menu =
for the=20
  Reassign Work <BR>feature, I"m assuming because I don't have them =
assigned=20
  specifically to a <BR>task.<BR><BR>Is there a way around this, other =
than=20
  creating a dummy task with ALL the <BR>potential resources on=20
it?<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00F5_01CAAF4B.B2486F60--

0
Mike

Task Pane #3
I have accidently detached my task pane for the right hand side of the screen. While I can drag it back over it now sits over the worksheet obscuring my view. How could I re attach the task pane. I tried drag and drop. Tiling windows etc. Thanks I don't use this very often, but when I double clicked on the taskpane's title bar (New Workbook), it went back to where it belonged (nicely docked). Maybe it'll work for you. Michael D wrote: > > I have accidently detached my task pane for the right hand > side of the screen. While I can drag it back over it now >...

edit recurring tasks
Is there any way to access and edit a single, specific recurring task? Hmmm, can you be more specific? The way I understand the question, then all you have to do is double click the instance (calendar appointment or To Do task )and in the window that pops up, click on Recuring task and edit the properties, after choosing whether you wish for the editing to happen to that occuance only or the whole series... -Normand >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way to access and edit a single, specific >recurring task? > >. > ...

resources #4
We have serveral resources that we use to book conference room etc.... Starting last week one of them does not show up as a resource anymore. When you go to you calendar and try to schedule an appointment, then go to invite attendees, in the display choose resources, one of my resources does not show up anymore. It is in the GAL, just not as a resource anymore. Any ideas? has someone who had permissions to it changed anything on it? You might want to logon to that mailbox and see if it's still set to accept/reject meeting requests... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "news.microsoft....

Summary sheet including only open projects.
Have a workbook with 2 worksheets. Main worksheet contains all projects, opened, cancelled and closed. Contains columns A-Q. Column Q is entitled "Complete". Valid entries in the column appear to be cancelled, yes or blank. They want the second worksheet to contain only current projects and only columns A-M. As a project completes they want it to be deleted from the current projects sheet. I know there's a way to do this somehow but not very familiar with coding VBA. Thanks! -- KTB Two possible ideas: Record a macro of you clearing sheet 2, and th...

How to use relative file:// protocol in html resource used by CDHTMLDialog?
Howdy, I'm writing a C++ CDHTMLDialog based application in VS .net. Of course I have an HTML resource that contains the html code for display by CDHTMLDialog (which wraps the Webrowser control). I understand how to reference program resources in my HTML using the res: protocol, but I'm having trouble getting the file: protocol to work with relative references. For example, if my embedded HTML resource includes this absolute path in my htmlcode it works fine: < IMG src="file:///C:\Documents and Settings\jim\My Documents\temp\CHtmlApp\Debug\ugly2.bmp" > But if I pu...

Scheduled Tasks: Remote Management
Hi With the Core Configuratior 2 I can enabe remote management for scheduled tasks. Managing scheduled tasks remotely does not show me the content of my core-server as I choose an action with the action dialog. It shows me the content of my managing PC. In fact I need to be able to choose a program of my core server to start at the specific time. Thanks for your help. Patrick ...

Retrieve sent messages using "tasks" in the contact prop.
Hi to all, we have a mail system based on Microsoft Exchange 2003 (server side) and Outlook 2003 (client side) with a public contacts folder, plus a public mail folder. Users usually send emails to contacs they find in this public contacts folder. My problem is the following: I must be able to retrieve all the messages sent and received to public contacts (included those stored in the personal mailbox of the users that send the message). I've tryied to do this by using the "tasks" tab on the public contact, but it only shows the mail that are in a public mail folder. I've ...

tool to find GDI resource leak
Hallo, i search a tool or DLL or source to find GDI resource leaks. I've Boundschecker, but it don't find GDI resource leaks. Jimmy > i search a tool or DLL or source to find GDI resource leaks. > I've Boundschecker, but it don't find GDI resource leaks. Hmm, as far as I can remember BC did find GDI leaks without problems several years ago, when I was using it. You may also check this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/01/GDILeaks/default.aspx -- Igor Green, Grig Software. www.grigsoft.com Compare It! + Synchronize It! : files and folders comparison neve...

Project Server 2007 Migration
We are currently running Project Server 2002, and I have been tasked with migrating to Project Server 2007. The plan includes moving to a new server. My thoughts are to (why I am posting) install Project Server 2007 to the new hardware (Windows Server 2003 SP2 w/ SQL Server Ent. Edt. 2008 to host the Application/Web/Database). Once this has been completed, is there a way to restore my current 2002 data into this environment? Thanks in advance and please let me know if more information is required. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ASP.NET Digest Authentication Agai...

Tasks doble it's size
Hi! Does anyone know why the size of one of my tasks dobles when I just change one word e.g.? I dobles like this: from 200 kb to 400 kb to 800 kb and so forth. No the size of it is 12 mb and it contains only text (HTML-format). Now that it's that big I have to delete something in it to make a new note to it. How can I resolve this problem? I'm using Outlook 2003 (Office2003 and WinXP). Thanks in advanced! Tina :-) ...

Visual Studio Setup project. Vista and Xp differences
Question 1: I develop on Vista and my project consists of myExe.exe and myProj.dll. I use Visual Studio 2008's Setup Project to produce setup.exe and .msi. It installs and works on other Vista systems but on Xp systems, it installs but upon launch I get 'procedure entry point _ftol2 not found' errors. Not surprisingly, I found that this error goes away on Xp if I compile and build the same VS2008 project on a Xp machine instead. Anyway I don't need to do this? Question 2: My myProj.dll is dependent on mfc90ud.dll, msvcp90d.dll, msvcr90d.dll and etc. accord...

Outlook 2003 Task View formatting
Does anyone have a way to format a Task item when in Outlook Task view, such as, highlighting a particular Task row? yes. Explain what you want to do. Or just go and look at the Automatic Formatting function. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "brightenmyoutlook" <rjbeaupre@gmail.com> wrote in message news:278e5a3c-63c3-479a-bc15-391e492495b3@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone have a way to f...

VS 2008 Windows Forms project will not start
Hi I have created a new Windows Forms project in Visual Studio 2008 (SP1) - this is running on Windows XP Professional When I click the "Play/Start" button in the IDE to start the debugging of the project, the IDE responds by momentarily seemingly to start the project but then instantly terminates it without showing or loading the startup form. There are no compiler errors, no compiler warnings, and almost no code in the Project I have placed a break-point on both the New() of the form and the on the _Load event of the form and neither are hit. I have plac...

Re-Assign Company also re-assigns tasks
If you are the owner of an account record in CRM & the account is re-assigned to someone else then all the activities (both open and history items!)are re-assigned to the new account owner. This is often not what is required - anyway that we can stop this so that re-assigning the account doesnt necessarily re-assign all activities related to it? Roger Sorry - please ignore this post; it's simple enough to do via Customisations, I was just loking in the wrong place before. Roger "Roger" <roger_id@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:50DBF649-9179-4275-8963-0CAE...

Budgeting for a loss in Project Accounting
I'm kind of new to PA. Is it possible to setup a project budget that reflects a loss? In a fixed price project, it seems that the Project Amount is based on the cost of the budgeted items plus fees. I have a project to setup that I know will be a money-loser. How do I reflect that in the budget? Thanks in advance, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Hey Frank-- If you can give me a bit more background on how the project is being billed (is it a flat fee overall, or is it calculated off of cost), it might be ...

CRM 3.0
There were several threads and it was quite a big issue for version 1.2 about being able to reassign the owner of an account and not have a cascading effect on all related records (ie, opportunities, contacts). There was also a thread where an MBS developer was soliciting input on how it should work in 3.0. It was supposed to have an option when you change the owner of an account, it doesn't change the owner on all related objects. That way you don't lose your history or if several people are working the same account, they don't lose ownership of their individual opportuni...

Task bar buttons all light blue
When I have more then one task bar button open (on the bottom of the screen) after a few minutes the program I am using goes to LIGHT blue. As normal the one you are using is DARK blue. Then I have to go down and click on the proper button and the program will then run when I click on the page and then it is good to go for a short peroid. It is getting to be a pain. Any help would be appriciated and thanks in advance. -- budzy budzy wrote: > When I have more then one task bar button open (on the bottom of the screen), > after a few minutes the program I am using goes to...

PS 2007 outline tasks greyed out in timesheets
Hi I have come across a situation where users cannot add time to summary tasks in timesheets. This requires the following to be true to reproduce. 1. Resource is assigned to a summary task 2. The finish date of the summary task is in the past As the task is in the past the user has to use 'Add lines' to add the task to their timesheets. When the user adds a summary task to their timesheets they are unable record any time for this task, when the task is not a summary task (but still having finish date in the past) the user can add time to this task on their timeshe...

Sync Tasks and Appointments to CRM
Can anyone tell me what settings have to be set on the clients outlook in order for the tasks and appointments that a user owns get synced to thier outlook task lists or calendars? We seem to be having a problem with this and as far as I knew they were supposed to be able to sync. In outlook if you click CRM/Options - on the synchronization tab the "appointments I am attending" and "my tasks" are checked but yet when a task is created in CRM it never shows up in the outlook task list. Thanks! Hi, Check the security role of the user - look at business management - ther...

Can outlook tasks/appointments update multiple calendars?
Hello all, * Outlook 2002 * Exchange 5.5 I would like to setup a departmental calendar that gets updated by individual users calendars, is this possible? The reason for this is so that that when a users enters their holiday dates into their own calendar the departmental calendar is also updated. I would also like the departmental calendar to show the username instead of just showing 'Holiday'. I'm aware that appointments can be copied from one calendar to another but this leaves two seperate appointments. Thanks in advance. Dave. See my response to your other post...

Is there a way to tell if MS Project Pro is connected to Project Server?
I'm being tasked with working with MS Project (2007) and Project Server. One of the process I need to run is dependent on whether MS Project Pro is connected to the Project Server or not. I learned today that one of the users habitually start PP without connecting to Project Server which means my code doesn't have access to enterprise fields. Is there any way, in VBA, to tell if the currently open project is connected to the Project Server? Being new to this, I may not have all the nuances and terminology under control so don't hesitate to drill me for details. ...

How do I display each Excel file I open in the task bar
Currently, when opening up multiple Excel files (using 2000) only one file displays in the task bar. Therefore the only way to move between the Excel files is to use the Window option within the open file. For other applications, Word and Outlook, each file or email I open puts that unique file/email on the task bar. Can this be changed in Excel to allow for a similar setup Tools-->Options, View tab. Check Windows in taskbar. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "bocjoel" <bocjoel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A60EFC0C-56FF-4FA1-9EC1-A7...

Create Mailbox Exchange Task Fails
W2K3 AD domain, W2K3SP1 DC's, EX2K3 on W2K3SP1 member servers. Had an existing user in AD that I wish to create a mailbox for, so used Exchange Tasks - Create Mailbox. That failed, so I asked for a detailed report: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?> - <taskWizardRun taskName="Create Mailbox" dcName="DC1" buildNumber="7638" runningAs=administrator@DOMAIN.COM> <timespan startTime="2006-08-28 12:20:08.216" milliseconds="1297" /> - <createMailbox> <database>/dc=com/dc=domain/cn=C...

Fabrikam
Hi I have a test VPC that I have updated from GP10 SP1 to GP10 SP2, and now tonight to GP10 SP3. I am noticing that the Item Resource Planning Screen is not showing all the fields that it should. The check Boxes for Move in, Move Out, etc are missing. The manufacturing Lead times are missing, the minimum, multiple, and max fields are missing. This screen displays correctly in GP10 SP1. Has anyone seem this, or have a solution? I have not done any transaction processing in these systems, other than the upgrade. There is a note on the upgrade about running the Item Cost Maintena...

Italicize part of unbound field in report
Hi, I have an unbound field on my report, the rowsource contain the following: ="This sub-award is made under the authority provided to "& [Contractor] & " under its Agreement number " & [AgreementNumber] & ", to implement a program entitled 'Local Administration and Reform (LAAR)'." Is there a way to italicize or bold part of the entire field specially on the CONTRACTOR and AgreementNumber? SF In Access 2007, Yes. You can set the Rich Text property of the text box, and then use the HTML tags in its Control Source: ="...