Re-editing a created calendar

Hi All,

I created a calendar begining of 2009 which shows the holidays of our
company. Now we entered 2010 and the new holidays are published. I want to
update the calendar I created for my company, so I can use this global
template calendar which I have been using in all of our projects.

Please let me know how this can be done.

Thanks in advance.
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_00B7_01CA9863.4CF80F70

Hi Erol,

Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :)

From your project, Tools/Organizer/Calendars tab.  Copy your company's =
calendar into the project.  Now Tools/Change Working Time, select the =
Company's calendar and make the changes you want.  Then reverse the =
process via the Organizer, copying it to the Global.mpt.

FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be =
seen at this web address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :)

Mike Glen
MS Project MVP
See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free Project Tutorials

=20
  "Erol" <Erol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Hi All,

  I created a calendar begining of 2009 which shows the holidays of our=20
  company. Now we entered 2010 and the new holidays are published. I =
want to=20
  update the calendar I created for my company, so I can use this global =

  template calendar which I have been using in all of our projects.

  Please let me know how this can be done.

  Thanks in advance.
------=_NextPart_000_00B7_01CA9863.4CF80F70

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16466"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi Erol,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Welcome to this Microsoft Project =
newsgroup=20
:)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">From your project, =
Tools/Organizer/Calendars=20
tab.&nbsp; Copy your company's calendar into the project.&nbsp; Now =
Tools/Change=20
Working Time, select the Company's calendar and make the changes you =
want.&nbsp;=20
Then reverse the process via the Organizer, copying it to the=20
Global.mpt.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">FAQs, companion products and other =
useful=20
Project information can be seen at this web address: <A=20
title=3D"http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm&#10;CTRL + Click to follow =
link"=20
href=3D"http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm">http://project.mvps.org/faqs.ht=
m</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hope this helps - please let us know =
how you get=20
on :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen<BR>MS Project MVP<BR>See <A=20
title=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc">http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc</A> for my =
free Project=20
Tutorials</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"><BR>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Erol" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Erol@discussions.microsoft.com">Erol@discussions.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:3C65D54F-F52D-439B-9FB1-E5F743028937@microsoft.com">news:3C6=
5D54F-F52D-439B-9FB1-E5F743028937@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Hi=20
  All,<BR><BR>I created a calendar begining of 2009 which shows the =
holidays of=20
  our <BR>company. Now we entered 2010 and the new holidays are =
published. I=20
  want to <BR>update the calendar I created for my company, so I can use =
this=20
  global <BR>template calendar which I have been using in all of our=20
  projects.<BR><BR>Please let me know how this can be =
done.<BR><BR>Thanks in=20
  advance.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00B7_01CA9863.4CF80F70--

0
Mike
1/18/2010 5:25:59 PM
Hi Erol,

Create a new project based upon your company template.  Change the
working time.  Save the template AS a template withe the same name and
over write the existing file.

The other option is to alter the calendar in an existing file and them
copy the new calendar to the global.mpt file of each user, replacing the
existing calendar with the same name.

I hope this helps.  Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

On 1/18/2010 11:46 AM, Erol wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I created a calendar begining of 2009 which shows the holidays of our
> company. Now we entered 2010 and the new holidays are published. I want to
> update the calendar I created for my company, so I can use this global
> template calendar which I have been using in all of our projects.
>
> Please let me know how this can be done.
>
> Thanks in advance.
0
JulieS

Calendar 2008 version
I am having real problems with my Entourage calendar, all new meetings I enter seem to disappear? I upgraded from 2004 - 2008 around 2 months ago and although there were a few glitches importing data at first, I had no problems entering diary appointments. All the dates I imported are still present, it is just the new ones I enter?? I have been using Entourage for years and never had this problem before..... help!! wendy9479 wrote: > I am having real problems with my Entourage calendar, all new meetings I > enter seem to disappear? I upgraded from 2004 - 2008 around 2 month...

Can i create a rule for Sent items?
Like you can have a rule, that when an item arrives, it goes into a particular folder, can you also have such a rule for SENT items. Like, whenever i send an item to a certain Email address, that it would go into a different folder from the SENT ITEMS folder? If so, can you tell me how to do it, as i do not see an obvious way within the Rules Wizard. Thanks, tom No one can tell since you decided your Outlook version is not in play - = it is. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal acc...

Using E2k7 Mgmt Shell to create resource (rooms, equip) mailboxes
Good Day, I've got an OU with disabled "users" that I would like to create room mailboxes for. I've successfully created regular user mailboxes using the same cmdlet but am unable to figure out the correct syntax and variable changes for creating room mailboxes. The cmdlet is as follows: get-user -organizationalUnit "E2k7 - Test Conf Rooms" | where-object{$_.RecipientType -eq "User"} | Enable-Mailbox -Database "MBXservername\mailbox database" | get-mailbox | select name,windowsemailaddress,database When run on an OU of regular users, thi...

where to create CEdit again
I created a CEdit control in OnInitUpdate, but the postion is fixed. I want it to be repositioned again when CView is resized. What is the right place to create this control again? I tried onDraw, the control is blinking all the times. thanks pat/ simple use CView::OnSize(int cx,int cy) if(GetSafeHwnd()) { if( myEdit.GetSafeHwnd()) myEdit.MoveWindow(CRect(0,0,cx,cy)); } } reg -Jibesh ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter http://mail.giantcompany.com &...

Workflow
Hi, I have created a workflow: Action A Action B Action C How do I rearrange this order, without having to delete and recreate the actions, to the following: Action B Action A Action C Thanx, /kasper Hi KasKas, Yes, you have to recreate them :) -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "kaskas" wrote: > Hi, > > I have created a workflow: > > Action A > Action B > Action C > > How do I rearrange this order, without having to delete and...

Calendar Appointments with a hidden CC
This is a tough problem to describe but I'm pretty sure its an Exchange issue and not Outlook. When inviting one particular user on a Calendar appointment a former employee is copied on the apponitment generating an NDR. The user has been deleted from AD and no longer has an email box on any Exchange server. Calendar invites from any user in the domain generate this behaviour. Through message tracking I can see that the email is indeed directed to the ex-user's mailbox. In message tracking the recipient is listed as "/O=HMS/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=SCAI...

Using a shared calendar in Outlook 2003
The shared calendar was setup in Outlook 2000 on another machine. Am I able to gain access to the calendar or no? I tried to install the net folders component but it seems it's not available for 2003, is this true? Thanks for your help. Yes, net folders has been dropped since Outlook 2002. There are a lot of third party tools that can do it when you don't connect to an Exchange server. Share just the Calendar; http://tinyurl.com/3p6xm Share all Outlook folders http://tinyurl.com/49lzg Also take a look here http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [M...

CFM_BACKCOLOR for Highligthing selection in Rich Edit Control does not work
Hi everyone, For some reason I can't get Highlighting feature in Rich Edit Control to work at all. Here is how I am trying to do it CColorDialog dlg(RGB(255,255,0)); if( IDOK == dlg.DoModal() ) { CHARFORMAT2 cf; SendMessage(EM_GETCHARFORMAT, SCF_SELECTION | SCF_WORD, (LPARAM)&cf); cf.cbSize = sizeof CHARFORMAT2; cf.dwMask = CFM_BACKCOLOR; cf.crBackColor = dlg.GetColor(); SendMessage(EM_SETCHARFORMAT, SCF_SELECTION | SCF_WORD, (LPARAM)&cf); } Any suggestions? ...

can't edit products anymore
My Sales Manager and Sales Administrator can no longer edit products. Both have different security roles that include create, read, write, delete, append, and append to privilege. However, both cannot edit products. The text that they usually can edit is no grey. System Administrator (me) can still edit products. I've created a new role that includes all privs for product (and nothing else) and added that to both users, but they are still locked out. Any ideas? Thanks! Tom It could be that they are trying to do this from the Outlook client. There are some admin functions tha...

Calendar responses not going to calendar
I am using Outlook 2003 Pro version. I sent out a notice from my home calendar to numerous people on various networks and when they are responding, I can see that they are accepting or declining, etc but it doesn't move their response to my calendar. Is this correct or should it work as if I were in the office with them calendaring and responses moving to the appointment for tracking purposes? If the responses contain the TNEF data, outlook will process them and add them to the appointment's tracking tab. When sending through POP or IMAP servers, the TNEF data may be...

Need Excel help on how to create a invoice.
i'm in abit of a dilema my project requires me to create an invoice bu i have no idea to do it, does anyone have msn/icq that can go thoug the process of creating an invoice with me.. thx in advance, any help appreciated -- translatio ----------------------------------------------------------------------- translation's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2612 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39454 anyone? able to help me :) -- translation -------------------------------------------------------------------...

office student and teacher edition #2
I am a student in Sofia, Bulgaria, and I am interested in buying the Office 2004 Student and Teacher edition. Am I able to buy this from the States and use it here, in Bulgaria? Are there other limitations for its use? Thanks. > I am a student in Sofia, Bulgaria, and I am interested in buying the > Office 2004 Student and Teacher edition. Am I able to buy this from the > States and use it here, in Bulgaria? Are there other limitations for > its use? Thanks. I don't know if there are any limitations on its use. You will be stuck with the English interface for menus, etc, you...

Exchange server/OL problem after creating site/subnet
One domain. Total of 5 win 2k DC's in the organization, 2 in the main office, 1 each in the other branch offices. The main office is 10.91.x.x while the branch office is 10.31.x.x, 10.51.x.x, and 10.85.x.x. So far we can't seem to figure out this problem which has happened twice already when we try to do this: In AD sites and services, create a site for one of the branch office, create a subnet associated with that branch office, associate the subnet with the site, move the DC of that branch office to the created site. A few minutes after the above is done, either: 1. People who...

2007 calendars
How do I delete a meeting from MY calendar without sending cancellation to the whole group. Sometimes I'm not going to attend but that doesn't mean the whole meeting is cancelled! You can't. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Exchange se...

problem with display of categories in Calendar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I assign a category to a new event with a specific time (as opposed to an &quot;all day&quot; event), the only thing that changes is the color of the font. There is no &quot;box&quot; of color such as that shown in the video on &quot;how to add events to categories.&quot; I am viewing the calendar in the monthly mode. The &quot;all day&quot; events appear in a brightly colored box depending on the category. But the &quot;timed&quot; events (which are clearly the m...

How do I re-size entities in visio
Can anyone help - how do I re-size oval enities in visio. I'm trying to draw DFD's and need the entities to be the same size? -- Carol_D ...

Shared Calendars #3
A user with an Exchange 2003 account can not share a calendar on his client pc but can when he switches to a different pc and access his Exchange account there. What could be causing this and how would I fix it. The Outlook profile on that system may have been setup to use a personal folder instead of the Mailbox on Exchange or may be working offline and the options to share/permissions are not available in offline. -- Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group "Todd W." <todd.wright@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120678882.027432.266980@f14g2000cwb.g...

create datevalue yyywwd
is there any way to create the datevalue yyyywwd (year, weeknr, day o week) from today's date? in vba code or/and in a spreadsheet tia /jock -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Do you mean something like: =TEXT(A1,"yyyy")&WEEKNUM(A1)&WEEKDAY(A1) For today, that is 2004253 The WEEKNUM and WEEKDAY functions do have extra arguments which you should check out, in case you need to use them -- Andy. "jocke >" <<jocke.17wdtq@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jocke.17wdtq@excelforum-nospam.com... > is there any way to...

Non-Exchange Calendar Invitation Message was sent to Badmail
I have an Exchange 2003 with SP2. Some reason, non-Exchange calendar invitation messages were sent to Badmail and some users have missed some meeting. Is there some knows why it happens and how to resolve this issue? Thanks for your comments in advance. I would try to figure out what is wrong with the messages. This is likely a problem on the sender's end. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Cheongseo" <Cheongseo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D8C6F2-9CB9-4DA6-8F06-...

Questions RE: Intellegent Message Filtering
I've been working with IMF for about a week now and have it tweak fine for our organization. I do, however, have a couple of questions. During the past week I've had IMF set to Archive rejected email so I could review them and tweak my threshold as necessary. I'm now satisfied with what is being rejected and would like to know if I should change the action to Delete or Reject? Is it possible to change the NDR text? I'd rather it say something like "Recipient does not exist" instead of "message refused" If I set it to reject will the sender assume t...

Pub 2007 Can't edit Pub 2003 files.
Just d/l Publisher 2007 Trail to my Vista Home (hate it!) box. I can open and view Publisher 200x files but can't edit, change, move anything. Any help? Paul Did you activate the trial version? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B961450A-F717-46E9-8608-7DA73CD8F369@microsoft.com... > Just d/l Publisher 2007 Trail to my Vista Home (hate it!) box. I can open > and view Publisher 200x files but can't edit, change, move any...

!Re: How do I add Description and NameSpace to JScript.Net Web Service?
Hi, Kirl Allen Evans wrote: > I think it is something like the following: > WebService(Namespace="mynamespace", Description:="Web Services provided by > the xxxx site") public class MyService : WebService > { > WebMethod(Description:="Get xxx xxx Events for OS Grid Reference X,Y") > public function GetWeeklyEventsForOSGridAsString () : string { > } > } should be WebServiceAttribute, but that works. Regards Christian ...

Can I create a macro in Outlook 2007?
I started to get 3000 to 4000 spam a day. I set up a rule marked it priority, etc, made it first on the list and it does not run. I have to run it manually . I thought if I could make a macro, make a button on the toolbar, then click instead of going through al the 'rulles and alerts" clicks to run the rule. ANy thoughts? I see macro but only runs ones that are already created. If I create a macro in Word or Excel, it does not have "rules and alerts" in it so I can't create it. I tried help, but there is no info , just blocking, etc of macros tiy What...

WLM 2001
Just downloaded Windows Live Mail 2011 beta, my current version now is Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810) This is a German version and i upgraded it from WLM. First impression is quite ok - the import of all eMail accounts and store folders worked. As it seems the Alt+M shortcut no longer works, this displayed a familiar drop-down menu style, does anyone know if there is still a way to do this? Next, if i understood correctly, the calendar still has no reminders, unless you are logged into some live account. Am i right or have i missed several things? greetings Ro...

How to create a complicated pie chart
I want to create a pie chart of my credit card statement each month. Every pie chart example shows 3 columns and about 5 rows of data. I can create a chart for something that simple but what I need is A chart showing the amounts and to what merchant that amount was spent at. Can someone point me in the direction where I can find something that would tell me how to do what I want? Thanks Ron ...