Projectwise Resource Engaged & Availability report

Hi, I am new to MSP & MSPWA. We generally use MSP & PWA to manage our
projects. Now we require a report that shows status (Allocated and Available)
of all active resources on a particular day or daywise. Is there any existing
report for it or how can it be developed? Please help me out.
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi,

a tip for your next question: to get answers for project server questions,
it is better to ask in microsoft.public.project.server.

There are several methods to see what you want to see. Depends if you want
to have a graphical overview, on the number of your active resources, ....
1. PWA - Resource Center - Actions - Select All Resources. Click on View
Availability. Red line will show availability. You can switch between
different views, perhaps some will be what you are looking for?
2. If your OLAP Cube is configured and running an a regular basis, you can
create a Data Analysis View. Server Settings - Manage Views - New View.
Scroll down to view definition. Move totals from the field list to the
yellow part, in your case it could be capacity and work. Add Project List
and/or Resource List to Filter/Row or Columns. Add 'Time' as Filter or
Column. If your field lsit is hidden, get it bach by acticating "Show Field
List". Define appropriate categories and a name and save.
3. Write a report with reporting services.

Does any of these help?

Regards
Barbara

"TheRock" <TheRock@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi, I am new to MSP & MSPWA. We generally use MSP & PWA to manage our
> projects. Now we require a report that shows status (Allocated and
> Available)
> of all active resources on a particular day or daywise. Is there any
> existing
> report for it or how can it be developed? Please help me out.

0
Barbara

Reporting Services Permission Error
Recently I migrated our CRM Databases to a server running SQL 2005 from a box running SQL 2000. Our CRM Server is on a different box - and this box (CRM Server) is running reporting services for CRM. I updated the config file in Reporting Services to reflect the new server name. When running reports, I now get the following error: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help Query execution failed for data set 'DSNumandCurrency'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand) Get Online Help SELECT permission denied on object 'fn_GetFormatStrings',...

Report Manager #4
Hi I have created a cusomised toolbar but when I customise the toolbar I cannot find "Report Manager" anywhere to add to it. The odd thing is that it is on the main menu but does not appear in the customisable dialogue box. Does anyone know where to find it, so I can put it on my toolbar. Cheers -- All help much appreciated. Thanks I'm guessing you created this customized toolbar manually (not by code). If that's the case and you have "report manager" under the existing tools menu already (or is it under Data???). Tools|Customize (just to see that dialog ...

mySQL datetime field reports as Long Integer with ODBC
I'm using Access 2003 as a reporting tool against a mySQL database, connecting with the mySQL ODBC driver 3.51.17. The ODBC driver reports every datetime field as a Long Integer in Access. This makes date operations problematic. I notice an interesting post in this forum from 2005 that would work fine ("Convert UNIX time to windows general date"), but using a function with every row seems like an unnecessary performance hit. Also, it seems counter-intuitive that the driver doesn't recognize the correct field type. The problem looks suspiciously like the mySQL bug rep...

Is anyone on here with DVS Reporter???
Hi, I work at this german firm now and they use the DVS Reporter as a add-in in Excel. I have never used this before in the US. Do you kno whether there is some kind of support forum for it? Thanks, Mari -- marias ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mariasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3172 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51680 ...

#Name? in a report
I have a report that was working in 2003 but since I've switched to 2007 I now get the #Name? In the report I do some calculating a GroupFooter0 in here I do the following cal. cctime1 = DSum("[Time1]", "[stagestats]", "[Time1] < 999 and class = '" & Class & "'") In the report section in the control Source I have =[cctime1] like I said this worked just fine in access 2003 but not I get #Name? Hopefully someone can tell me what's the difference between 2003 and 2007 that would cause this. Thanks for any help. ...

reports-Money 2002
In some reports, with the scroll bar starting at the top of the page, the catagories in the report are listed from Z-A. In other reports, the catagories are listed from A- Z, but the scroll bar starts at the bottom of the page. In either report, the grand total is at the bottom of the page. How do I get all the reports to start at the top of the page, with the catagories listed from A-Z? This is not listed as an option when customizing reports. THANK YOU In microsoft.public.money, dwa wrote: >In some reports, with the scroll bar starting at the top >of the page, the catagories i...

Impossible to display crystal reports through a WAN
Hi everyone, I have a problem to display MSCRM reports through a WAN (with a public IP adress). I get the message : "connexion error. you don't have enough crystal licenses". I don't have any error message on a LAn or through a VPN client. Thank you thus may be happening because the external FQDN for the crm web server is not being passed through correctly. To resolve this issue, add an entry to the Hosts file on the Microsoft CRM server for the Microsoft CRM server's IP address and fully qualified domain name. Then, restart the Crystal services. the fqdn would be ...

Data and Report
How could we get the raw data of RM Detail Historical Aged Trail Balance report? Thanks. Frank, You could print the report to a (.txt) file and minipulate the spreadsheet from there. -- Amanda "Frank Wang" wrote: > How could we get the raw data of RM Detail Historical Aged Trail Balance > report? > Thanks. > > Frank, > Thank you Amanda. Could we get it directly from a SQL Query? Frank, "Amanda" wrote: > You could print the report to a (.txt) file and minipulate the spreadsheet > from there. > -- > Amanda > > > &q...

Building macro to run Query(w/dropdown parameters) then report
I have a query with parameters from which I'd like to run a report. I can do so with regular parameter prompts but would like to use a drop down box. I have read the instructions in www. fontstuff.com/access/ about how to create the combo box for the parameter, however, I'm not sure how to get the macro to wait for the query to run before the report. It HAD been a select query, but I changed it to a make a table query but it stil didn't work. Any ideas? -- -Christie Can't you just remove the parameters altogether and allow the combo box (and maybe a text box or two) ...

Text fields in report writer
I have a modified report dictionary, when I go into a report layout and enter a text field, when I tab off the field what I wrote is converted to something totally different. Has anyone seen this before? Reports that I have been using for months suddenly the text fields print something totally different. ????? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you! Hi J. We use a shared dictionary located on our server, and I find text fields do not "travel" well - ie. I often lose info if I export a report out of the dictionary to work on it. What I do is make a copy of the enti...

Excel version of Received not invoice Report
Hi all I was wondering if there is an excel version of the received not invoiced report out there. The report writer version even though it is very complete can't be used for calculations. I have tried the smartlist that comes along but the smartlist doesn't display landed cost that have not been matched to a shipment which is what I'm actually trying to figure out. Thanks In version 10, go to SmartList >> Purchasing >> Receivings Line Items and you will see a favorite called Shipments Received But Not Invoiced. -- Charles Allen, MVP "d_chahin"...

How can I get rid of a blank page in my report ?
I have a report which comprises 2 pages. I want to delete the first page, but keep the 2nd page intact. I deleted all of the text boxes and labels in the first page, did a select all on the 2nd page so I could move it up to the top of the report (in design view) and get rid of the 1st page which is now blank. But, the selection won't move ! Can someone help me please ? thanks ... Roger Since you did a select all, you may have selected other controls on the layout also. Try dragging around all the controls you want to move and see if you can move them. A short cut technique is...

Print all records on a report ONLY IF Invoice NO is same
How do I get all the detail records for the same invoice no. to appear on the same page? Presumably you have 2 tables, such as: - tblInvoice (the header record), with fields: o InvoiceID primary key o ClientID relates to tblClient.Client o InvoiceDate Date/Time - tblInvoiceDetail (the line items), with fields: o InvoiceID relates to tblIvoice.InvoiceID o ProductID relates to tblProduct.ProductID o Quantity Number o PriceEach Currency etc. To create a report that looks like an invoice: 1. Create a query that uses both tables, along with...

Designation is not importing into resource center with resources
I synchronizing project server 2007 with Active Directory. after synchronization there is one field AD which is designation of the user .. which is not import into project server . I want Designation also import into project server with synchronized resources. how to do this Sam: You would need to write your own sync routine. The built-in synchronization routine is not extensible. -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "Sam" <Sa...

Connecting Crystal Reports
I've created my ODBC connections and I can see in Crystal Reports my "Great Plains" connection. I know exactly which tables I want to pull my reports from but all I see are these ZDP_Tables. I believe these are stored procedure tables. For example I would like to use the CPY10100 (EE card table) but I see a few ZDP_CPY10100N_1;1, ZDP_CPY10100N_2;1, ZDP_CPY10100N_3;1 and so on. These tables have some of the columes I need but not all. Why would I know be able to see the table doesn't anyone have any idea? If you look at the screen in which you configure your data sour...

Best tool for adding a pivot chart like chart to a report?
Is it the PivotChart form or should I used the MSChart OCX? Which is easier to set up/configure to display the data properly? (A multi-column, multi-entity bar chart) Which is the most flexible? And where can I find tutorials on using both? Thanks Kyle Jedrusiak ...

Use Powerpoint Shapes in Access Forms/Report
Forgive the multi-post(Office Developer Automation), but I have yet to figure out how to cross-post when using the Microsoft Discussion Groups web page for accessing newsgroups. I'm creating an Access 2003 application that requires a customized chart (form now, report later). I've got most of the pieces (X/Y axis, tic marks, plotting points,labels) working, but now I need to put several images on the form. If I create a shape in Powerpoint using one of the shapes (circle, oval, octacgon, stars, ...), and then copy the shape over to Access, it pastes as an unboundOLE objec...

Assignement Data Different on Task Usage from Resource Usage View
Hi Project Server Users, We are using PS 07 SP2 Aug09 MS CU. I know I saw data on this issue, but have not been able to find it. We are seeing different assignement data on the Task Usage view from Resource Usage view for resources We are not using the Load Summary Resource Assignments option. I would appreciated pointing me to the data on this issue. Thanks, On May 12, 11:35=A0am, BruceFFIC <breyn...@ffic.com> wrote: > Hi Project Server Users, > > We are using PS 07 SP2 Aug09 MS CU. > > I know I saw data on this issue, but have not been able to ...

Future Availability report
I am trying to create a sql script or report to show future availability for inventory in Great Plains. If anyone has already done this, please email me at jacktundra@hotmail.com so that I can refer to it. ...

Crystal reports connecting to CRM database: Logon failed
Hi Im trying to customize reports in CRM v.1.2 beta using Crystal Reports 9 for Microsoft CRM. I can open existing reports and do simple customizations such as adding labels to the report but when I try to connect to the CRM data source to insert fields from the CRM database or try to preview the crm reports I get the message: Logon failed. Details: An error occurred while resolving logged on user IDs through the BizUser service. I have administrator rights both in the active directory and the CRM system. Im also trying out some customization to CRM forms using BizUser object to access CRM...

export report to words
How I do export access 97 report to a word document? Thanks. In report view, go to File -> Export then select "save as *.rtf". By the way, textboxes and shading etc will not be exported properly. Apparently that is a limitation of word itself. Regards Bob " 00ScarlettJohnson" <EE@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:usvIktigHHA.4924@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How I do export access 97 report to a word document? Thanks. > Thanks, That's what I worried about. "Bob Landers" <bob@onenet.com.au> wrote in message news:wHBVh.15601$...

Report with fixe number of records
I need to print a report into nice table. Table has fixed number of rows (let's say 25), so if report returns less records (f.e. 10) the page will show the table that has 25 rows but only 10 of them filled. If report returns more records, than it will fill the tables in the increment of 25 records, and the last page will have table not completely filled. How do I add blank records to the end of the report? Is there are other ways doing it? What is a blank record? Do you simply need some numbers or is a blank record the same as a horizontal line? If it is a line, can all o...

send report using Lotus Notes
I use the following code in my DBs to send a report via Lotus Notes. It was working in all my DBs, but in one particular DB, it is now throwing me out of Access and giving the following message: The command line you used to start Microsoft Access contains an option that Microsoft Access doesn't recognize. Exit and restart Microsoft Access using valid command-line options. The really wierd thing is that the next time I use the DB it might work. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. Linda ...

Report Length
Hi, I am in the middle of a project for work, and I need to create a report that links to our central databse. I have the one that we used last year that was essentialy 2 printed pages long, but the report for this year has to be 5 (I'm printing 500 some odd reports each will have different individual information, but the links work so I'm set with that), and the size limits prevent me from putting all the information on one report. Can I do different pages within one report?? Thanks in advance! R Reports can be 1000's of pages long. Individual sections of report are limited...

Designing a report based on a crosstabe
Hello! Hope someone can help cause this is getting into my nerves... I have a crosstabe that I run with a parameter for "date of sales". Date of Sale is my column and the results are showed per month. So I run the query and set the dates from 01/jan/07 to 31/july/07 and the query returns the 7 months I want (mm/yy). How could I design a report that that would run with various parameters? From what I understood so far, the field in the report must necessarily have the name of the result achieved (ex. 01/07, 02/07, 03/07...). Hope I made myself understandable... Cheers everyon...