Project Server file versions

In Project Server 2007 is there a way to save off snapshots of a
schedule?  Currently we check our schedules into Sharepoint, which has
file revision history built in, but Project Server 2007 doesn't seem to
have a similar capability.

I realize I can use baselining to track differences between points in a
project history, but let's say for example I make a series of updates to
a schedule, publish that project into Project Server, only to find out
later that the situation has changed and I need to back out all those
changes.  How would I get back?

I suppose one solution is to make a periodic local file copy and check
it into Sharepoint...?

Thanks.

--
go83
go83's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/169466.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
go83
1/14/2010 2:17:11 AM
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This newsgroup is about the desktop version of Project.  Best to repost
this on the newsgroup dedicated to server:
microsoft.public.project.server.

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 14/01/10 02:17, go83 wrote:
> In Project Server 2007 is there a way to save off snapshots of a
> schedule?  Currently we check our schedules into Sharepoint, which has
> file revision history built in, but Project Server 2007 doesn't seem to
> have a similar capability.
>
> I realize I can use baselining to track differences between points in a
> project history, but let's say for example I make a series of updates to
> a schedule, publish that project into Project Server, only to find out
> later that the situation has changed and I need to back out all those
> changes.  How would I get back?
>
> I suppose one solution is to make a periodic local file copy and check
> it into Sharepoint...?
>
> Thanks.

0
Rob

Export to XML file
Hello, I am using Access 2007 I have a table that I want to export it to XML file. I am able to do this by using export data> xml..... The problem that I have is that in my table, one of the fields can have null value. When I open the exported XML file, I expect to see <field1></field1> if the field1 is null value for that record. But I don't see this at all. How can I force Access to export null value to xml as well? thanks a lot, Boon ...

How can I restore an Excel file that was deleted by mistake?
I deleted a file in Excel from the menu and need to recover it. Can I do this? Hi if you don't have a backup copy probably no chance. You may try a file recovery tool (search Google for some free ones) to recover your deleted file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Diane wrote: > I deleted a file in Excel from the menu and need to recover it. Can > I do this? Did you look in the Recycle Bin? HTH Otto "Diane" <Diane @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D41D362F-D1CC-4C14-B0B3-DBC994A32D3C@microsoft.com... >I deleted a file in Exce...

FTP server type mis-match
I am trying to use ftp from a windows host to another windows host. However, when I invoked it, I found the target host using unix syntax for ftp even tho it is a windows server, (which is why I kept getting syntax errors in my batch file). Why does the receiving windows server ftp think its a unix and how can I fix? Thanks in advance -- sacrlc "sacrlc" <sacrlc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED5151C-FEC4-453B-95D6-A18A65A92B18@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use ftp from a windows host to another windows host. >However, > whe...

International Versions of Money 2006 vs US Version
There is only one version of Money 2006 for Canadians (Microsoft Money 2006 Canadian Edition). There is no trial. 1. How does Money 2006 Canadian Edition compare to the Standard, Deluxe, Premium and Small Business editions available for US? 2. As a Canadian, what is the impact if I only use the US version? In microsoft.public.money, Brian wrote: >There is only one version of Money 2006 for Canadians (Microsoft Money 2006 >Canadian Edition). There is no trial. > >1. How does Money 2006 Canadian Edition compare to the Standard, Deluxe, >Premium and Small Business editi...

Is there an equivalent of .mda files for Excel?
If you develop an Access application, you can hide your source code by converting the .mdb file into an .mda file. Is there an equivalent for Excel applications? Thanks ..xla, Then Tools | Addins..., to add the file. ..xla is the format for Excel add-in. However, it does not necessarily hide your code in VBA, if that was what you want. Whether it is .xls or .xla, you can only "hide" VBA code by password-protecting the VBA project, which is a weak protection. If you really want to hide your VBA code from viewing by others, the better approach would be to move most of your...

What is the criteria for the type attribute for the section element in application config file.
Hi! In Main below I use the GetSection to fetch a specific section from the app config file. When I specify which sectionhandler to use I use the type attribute on the section element in this way see (*) below. This section is part of the whole app config file which is listed at the bottom. (*) <sectionGroup name="MyFirstSectionGroup"> <section name="MyFirstSection" type="ConfigTest.MyFirstSectionHandler, ClassLibrary1" /> </sectionGroup> Now to my question ClassLibrary1 in the type argument above is a class library wher...

existing web pages/files not showing in Insert Hyperlink dialog bo
Using FrontPage 2003. When attempting to Create a Hyperlink to existing web pages and files, they are no longer visible in the Insert Hyperlink Dialog box. The files are there, we see them in the folder list. Is there a setting I'm missing? -- Fonda K Try running a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; _____________________________________________ "Fonda K" <Fonda@discussion.microsoft...

Saving outgoing mail on IMAP server
Hello. I'm using Outlook 2003, SP2 I have several mail accounts on IMAP mail servers, all configured in Outlook. I want to save outgoing emails on the IMAP servers instead of in the local pst file. After some research I found out that the way to go was by using rules. I find that somewhat strange, but ok. I've created the rules after a guide (for Outlook 2000) on microsoft.com. But after I created the rules and sent a test email I get an error message which says: Rules in Error Error: Cannot copy to the "Inbox.Sent" folder. Does anybody have a suggestion? Best regards,...

Why isnt my server connecting. If I have any more trouble with this passport I will just cancle all services I have buisness to tend to I am disabled with a 3yr old who wil
I am really looking forward to using your services but its getting late I am tired of playing games. I have been online with you for a couple of hours time is of essence. So please just let me know what the cost. Lets get on with it I have to still contact sss also my online bandking Time I have waisted on this passnet passport whatever is rediculouse. I love Microsoft everything so lets get moveing or I have to cancle I am running out of time. ...

How can I keep the copy of my email on the exchange server
the company Lan: win2003+exchangeserver2003 I use outlook on my desktop to access my email accounts and it can read all the emails on the exchange server. Then I want to use the outlook with the same setting on my laptop to access the same account on this exchange server but find there is no email. I think, maybe the outlook automatically deletes my emails on the server after downloads them to outlook. So how can I read all the eamils on both computers? Thanks No, it doesn't as long as you do not connect to it by using POP3 or have a pst-file set as your default delivery location. T...

Error when migrating data from csv file to crm 3 using scribe
I have been trying to migrate data from a .csv file into MS CRM 3 using scribe. When I test the job after doing my connecting and datalinks it executes properly, however, when I run the job it only does on average 12 successful inserts and 11 failed inserts then gives me an error. The error is :"fatal error. Execution terminated - failuere fetching source rows" when I click on the error info button I get a database error " Error 1005. [22018] SQL call failed. Invalid character value" the details of the message :"source[DataDirect][ODBC Driver]" Could someone...

Providing a link to files on a netword
I would like to create a link from Accounts to certain folders in our shared network drive. I thought there might be a way to do this by creating a new URL attribute, attaching it to the Accounts entity and then simply typing in the path to the file. For example J:\accountfile However when you click on it a web browser page opens and it obviously cannot find anything. I cant think of any other way to do this, I would appricate it if anyone knew a way to get around this? I wrote an article on an easy way to show Windows Explorer directories and files in an iframe on a CRM account r...

'no data found' in 28MB pst file?
I used a utility to repair a suspected bad pst file and that was the results, 'no data found'. Is this possible? Yes, this is possible since "white spaces" exist in a pst-file. Can you still open the original file? If so; create a new pst-file and copy the available data into the newly created pst-file. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Frank" <h@rack.com> wrote in message news:4e5Gc.5757$ne6.1151@nwrdny03.gnilink.net... >I ...

Why does Publisher 2003 make 2000 pub files bigger when saving the
I have 2 web publications created in Publisher 2000. When the old files were saved "as a web page", the files where of a manageable size and in a structure controlled by the "index" file. When I save the same web pub as a Publisher 2003 publication "saving to the web" the files are all made bigger and my hosting company say the size exceeds my limit. Can anyone help me save the Pub 2003 publication in the old format. I have tried saving as Publisher 2000 but it wraps up the file in the new Pub 2003 format. Can anyone help please? Read the articles about the c...

Export of server side inbox rules on 5.5
Hello everyone, I was trying for 3 days to export all server side rules of the mailboxes of one Exchange 5.5 Server. I have tried with Promodag, I requested Rulesmgr via PSS, all without any usable results. The problem seems to be that I can't access the Information Store via MAPI from remote (although I let run the tool with the exchange manager account) I can't start Rulesmgr on the Server directly, it seems to be designd for Win2K, these Servers still run on NT4.0 (yes, we are migrating ;)) Does anybody know another way to export the users inbox rules? They don't have to be i...

Oft Files #2
I need to set up an "OFT" file which I already understand but I need to add a JPEG file to it. The problem I have is that when I have added this but then I send it to a recipient they are receiving it without the JPEG File attached to it. Is there any way around this please as I need to set this up as a standard. I am using rich text format and word as email editor and need these to be set as standard which I have already done. Thanks. Sharon Rich Text as standard? Not a realy good way to go unless you know all the recipients have Rich Text support. Are these internal re...

Saving Message to a file
I want to have a rule to save a message to a file folder as a type *.msg. I can do this on my computer, but my clients computer keeps wantting to save the file as HTML. We are using Outlook 2000. We are using the same email message so that should not be the problem. Does anyone know what can cause this to be different. Thank you for any insight that you can provide, Ken Have him click on the dropdown for SAVE AS TYPe. MSG should be on option. >-----Original Message----- >I want to have a rule to save a message to a file folder as a type *.msg. I >can do this on my computer, ...

phishing my server/
I have set up a win2003 server with mailenabe to run my smtp and pop3 services. I have noticed a large amount of "Bad Mail" which looks as if someone is phishing me. Does anybody know if there is a way to stop this? Is this something to do with the smtp relay settings? Welcome to the world of email.... Get some anti-spam software like Trend hahaha - cheers mate. ...

send/receive error message: outlook data file cannot be accessed
After many problems with my pc, I had to reformat my harddrive. i reinstalled Office 2010 Beta and now I can't send or receive email. it worked for the first hour or so, but now I get the error message. I researched on these forums for solutions and found some suggestions (delete all data and .pst files, etc.) but none have fixed my problem. I have tried creating a new data file from within Outlook and deleting all outlook data and .pst files, but still it says it cant be accessed. now that I think of it, all these problems may have started after I compacted my pst file....

open excel file in word
I have an application that use’s VBA for Word that opens an Excel file in Word and then cuts & pastes from the Excel data to a Word template. Works fine in Office 2000. In Office 2003 it works fine on one computer but not on another. One the that works I get a msgbox asking – This file needs to be opened by the Microsoft Excel Worksheet text Converter – when I choose ‘Yes’ the file is converted and things work. On the other computer I get a window ‘File Conversion’. Select the encoding that makes your document readable. Of chooses available the Excel file is converted to an unreadable j...

Need Info: Two Domains, One Exchange Server (2003)
To clarify my subject, I am in need of documentation as to why can't Exchange 2003 SP2 can't communicate between two domains. EX: My university has two domains. One is the main domain that most users logon to and the other is a library domain. For one reason or another, the library decided to be proactive and setup an Exchange Server for there users (in the library domain). Some of the users in the main domain wanted you use the shared functionality of the Exchange Server and were setup for that. According to what I understand I didn't know that was possible without a "two w...

Outlook 2007: Data file was not closed properly last time....
Almost everytime I open Outlook I get the message "A data file was not closed properly last time it was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected while the check is in progress". It then checks the .pst file with the cogs icon appearing in the lower right hand corner of the window - "Data file check in progress" I've had this problem for ages but I've only just got round to addressing it. I assumed it was related to Kaspersky Internet Security 7 but on advice of their technical support I uninstalled it and the problem persists. I have a ...

Deleting Source FIle after Integration
I have used the following VB Scripts to delete my source file after running an integration. I opened the Integration>Scripts I attached: SetVariable "error", 1 on the Document Error I attached the below on the After Integration If GetVariable ("error") = "" then Query.DeleteSourceFile() End if ClearVariables Thanks Andrea, The Script Library that comes with Integration Manager includes many useful scripts including how to delete the source file after a successful integration. An added tidbit in the script library is: If you want the user to se...

Cannot open or import pst file
Hi, Have just had to rebuild me PC. I made sure to save and make copies of my Outlook 2002 pst files before the rebuild. I have now rebuilt and am trying to configure my Outlook 2002, only I cannot add my pst files as I get the following error message. "File access is denied. You do not have permission required to access the file". This is driving me insane, any help greatly appreciated. Cathy Exactly how are you trying to access the pst (file>open, file import, etc), and where is the pst located (hard drive, CD, Etc)? "Cathy" <ccutayar@totalise.co.uk> wr...

Read/ Write file header
I would like to attach a custom "header" to a file so that I can savely identify which format is it (it's my own custom format). Can somebody please tell me how to do that? I don't want to use the extension only because I have different versions of my file format and I need to check which one is actually is. Jeff Caton wrote: > I would like to attach a custom "header" to a file so that I can > savely identify which format is it (it's my own custom format). Can > somebody please tell me how to do that? > I don't want to use the exte...