Project 2007: Managed Code Add-in for Importing Tasks from Excel

All,

I downloaded and tried to install the below add-in:

Project 2007: Managed Code Add-in for Importing Tasks from Excel
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=416B606A-88C8-496F-9AD3-9AFA09780E12&displaylang=en

Do I need Visual Studio to install this or is there a simple step by
step walk thru on how to install it?

Thanks.

Cole
0
Cole
5/5/2010 3:26:39 PM
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Cole, hope you are well.

The download at the link below provides the complete source code files which
need to be compiled by MS Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 or later, with Visual
Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) before use.  This means MS Visual Studio 2008
Beta 2 or later, with Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) are required in
order to use the add-in.

The files would typically be downloaded and put to use by a developer
experienced in the Visual C# and Visual Basic programming languages in order
to enhance the standard or 'out of the box' capabilities of Project 2007.

For detailed information about the ImportProject add-in, please visit the
link below.

Hope this has helped.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb738433.aspx#pj12ta_ImportingTasks_Prerequisites
--
Kind regards

Melanie Remen
For more tips on Microsoft Project and Microsoft Project Server, please
visit my blog at: http://msproject03-2010tips.blogspot.com/

"Cole" wrote:

> All,
>
> I downloaded and tried to install the below add-in:
>
> Project 2007: Managed Code Add-in for Importing Tasks from Excel
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=416B606A-88C8-496F-9AD3-9AFA09780E12&displaylang=en
>
> Do I need Visual Studio to install this or is there a simple step by
> step walk thru on how to install it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cole
> .

Melissa,

Thanks. That's what I thought. I just wanted someone to confirm it for
me.

Bummer. Now I have to find someone who has VSTO.

Cole

On May 6, 2:34=A0am, Melanie Remen
<MelanieRe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Cole, hope you are well.
>
> The download at the link below provides the complete source code files wh=
ich
> need to be compiled by MS Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 or later, with Visual
> Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) before use. =A0This means MS Visual Studio=
 2008
> Beta 2 or later, with Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) are required =
in
> order to use the add-in.
>
> The files would typically be downloaded and put to use by a developer
> experienced in the Visual C# and Visual Basic programming languages in or=
der
> to enhance the standard or 'out of the box' capabilities of Project 2007.
>
> For detailed information about the ImportProject add-in, please visit the
> link below.
>
> Hope this has helped.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb738433.aspx#pj12ta_Importin...
> --
> Kind regards
>
> Melanie Remen
> For more tips on Microsoft Project and Microsoft Project Server, please
> visit my blog at:http://msproject03-2010tips.blogspot.com/
>
> "Cole" wrote:
> > All,
>
> > I downloaded and tried to install the below add-in:
>
> > Project 2007: Managed Code Add-in for Importing Tasks from Excel
> >http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3D416B606A-88C.=
>
> > Do I need Visual Studio to install this or is there a simple step by
> > step walk thru on how to install it?
>
> > Thanks.
>
> > Cole
> > .

0
Cole
5/6/2010 1:05:59 PM
Hi Cole, you're very welcome.

Good luck and hope you have a great day!
--

"Cole" wrote:

> Melissa,
>
> Thanks. That's what I thought. I just wanted someone to confirm it for
> me.
>
> Bummer. Now I have to find someone who has VSTO.
>
> Cole
>

> On May 6, 2:34 am, Melanie Remen
> <MelanieRe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hi Cole, hope you are well.
> >
> > The download at the link below provides the complete source code files which
> > need to be compiled by MS Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 or later, with Visual
> > Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) before use.  This means MS Visual Studio 2008
> > Beta 2 or later, with Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) are required in
> > order to use the add-in.
> >
> > The files would typically be downloaded and put to use by a developer
> > experienced in the Visual C# and Visual Basic programming languages in order
> > to enhance the standard or 'out of the box' capabilities of Project 2007.
> >
> > For detailed information about the ImportProject add-in, please visit the
> > link below.
> >
> > Hope this has helped.
> >
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb738433.aspx#pj12ta_Importin...
> > --
> > Kind regards
> >
> > Melanie Remen
> > For more tips on Microsoft Project and Microsoft Project Server, please
> > visit my blog at:http://msproject03-2010tips.blogspot.com/
> >
> > "Cole" wrote:
> > > All,
> >
> > > I downloaded and tried to install the below add-in:
> >
> > > Project 2007: Managed Code Add-in for Importing Tasks from Excel
> > >http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=416B606A-88C....
> >
> > > Do I need Visual Studio to install this or is there a simple step by
> > > step walk thru on how to install it?
> >
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > > Cole
> > > .
>
> .

Convert Excel Tables to Pivot Table Lists
Excel Tables to Pivot Lists Hello, I'm trying to convert excel tables into pivot table lists and I am looking for a method to do this besides cutting and pasting. The table has 6 columns (see below) with count of product for each year e.g. xxx1 prod1 100 in Yr1, 200 in Yr2, 300 in Yr3 etc. I want to end up with a 4 column list like, (see "Get into pivot table list in this form) Thanks Home....Prod....Yr1....Yr2....Yr3....Yr4 xxx1.....prod1....100....200....300....400 xxx2.....prod2....110....210....310....410 xxx1.....prod3....120....220....320....420 xxx2.....prod4....130....2...

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

copy my vb project... is it as easy as copying the directory..
Hi, I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the idea is i can play around with one, and not effect the original.. is it as easy as just using file explorer to copy the directory from say c:\project1 to c:\project2... or do the project files like forms etc have paths in them and therefore I can't just copy like this.. thanks "AussieRules" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uzrSvxp6KHA.5112@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the > i...

Excel 2007

how do i add time up in exel
everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though i only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month Tell us what's in a1:a30. If they are all even numbers, you should definitely get an even result. But if they include minutes, you can get an odd number of hours. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "loadie" <loadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12306C49-050C-4DED-AD75-2ECEE54A24F7@microsoft.com... > everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though > i &g...

Adding Industry Codes
I am picking up the pieces on a previous installation of CRM, and want to add additional industries to my industry dropdown in the Lead form. For the life of me, I can't find the proper table in the database. Can someone be good enough to point me in the right direction? Thanks, Chris Chris, You don't do this via a table, you need to do it via form customization. You will need system admin rights, then go into System Customization and modify the Lead form. After making the changes, you will need to publish the change via Deployment Manager and issue an IISRESET. Matt "Chris...

Grammar check not working

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Opening Excel Workbooks

Importing leads and workflow
We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we want to import (about 5000 records). The sales force would like calls automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like 50 calls scheduled per week. I know that I can assign leads based on various criteria to the correct salesperson. However, is there any way that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week? Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I import? There isn't anything in ...

help with simple maths in excel

Default Roles and Tasks in Canadian Payroll
Installs of Dynamics GP version 10 should have default Security Tasks and Roles pre-installed. Currently all tasks and roles have to be built from scratch - causing many customers to delay migration to the version 10. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...

Excel Problem

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

Excel DNS query