Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

I’m using MS Project 2007, have several task linked with finish to start.  I
have set date to schedule from, hours per day set to 8 and Working Monday
thru Friday.

My schedule shows Task 1 Duration 4 days, start Wed 6/2/10, Finish Mon 6/7/10
Task 2 Duration 3 days, start Mon 6/7/10, Finish Thu 6/10/10

Task 2 should have a Start Date of 6/8/10 not 6/7/10; what is causing this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Stale dated checks
We have a number of checks issued in 2007 to various vendors that were never cashed. What is the proper way to handle this so that they do not remain Outstanding Transactions in Bank Reconciliation? Should we void the check in the Payables module and then enter a credit memo to apply to the invoices the check was originally applied to? Or, should you just clear them in Bank Recon and make a reconciling adjustment to balance to the bank statement? Any suggestions would be appreciated. -- Rosalyn Rosalyn, I would do exactly as you suggested - void the checks and enter credit memos ...

How do I chart date ranges with varying start and finish dates?
I want to create a chart that on one axis will show date ranges that have varying start and finish dates. The other axis is a list of project names. Example: Project #1, starts 5/1/05, ends 10/1/05; Project #2 starts 3/5/05, ends 2/2/06, etc. I want a bar chart that I can sort. Any help is very appreciated. : ) It sounds like you need to create a Gantt chart. Here are some resources that might help: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 ----...

Export dates
Hi... can everybody tell me, how can I export dates from outlook to a infrarot-transmitter to a Java-handy? Should I programming an addin or a VBA-programm? I need a beginning to do this. THX A. ...

Date format in a report
The date is formatted in my table in yyyy/mmm/dd. In one report I need to run for another organization the format needs to be in dd/mmm/yyyy format. How can I change the way it displays in the report? I do not want to change it in the table as I generally want the format to be yyyy/mmm/dd. -- Charlie You can simply use either the format property for the control or you can use the Format() if you need to set the format to something that doesn't already exist. Format([YourDataFieldName],"dd/mmm/yyyy") -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.carda...

Access Help file
I'm going through a "tutorial" in Access 07 help called "Make a Query Ask for Input" Down about 3/4 to the bottom in a section called "Create a Macro Group that Controls the Form", step #12 it calls for me to create a macro named ok and set the action cell to "SetValue". I have no SetValue in the action cell. Just SetProperty SetTempVar, ShowAllRecords etc... but no SetValue. Do I need to do something to get it in there or how should I proceed to get this to work? When you are in the design of the macro, go to the ribbon and click th...

Need help getting files from Exchange Server.
We have a computer that had an account on Outlook attached to a Microsoft exchange server. Apparently for the moment, this computer and the server are inextricably tied together. Outlook cannot even be started without logging into the server because information store or whatever is missing. How do you get the information out of the exchange server to wean the computer from it? tom <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote: > We have a computer that had an account on Outlook > attached to a Microsoft exchange server. > > Apparently for the moment, this computer and the > se...

I need the fix for Knowledgebase ID: 810999
Where can I get this from? Thanks. In the last exciting episode, "Stephen Aldous" <steve@stephenaldous.com> wrote: >Where can I get this from? Other from Microsoft Product Support Services as stated in the article? No idea. -- Chris Scharff MessageOne http://www.messageone.com -- ROT13 for valid SMTP address -- Call Product Support Services as listed in the article. If all you're looking for is the hotfix, then the call should be free. -- David Sapery Exchange MVP dsapery@mvps.org "Stephen Aldous" <steve@stephenaldous.com> wrote in message...

Please help, I know nothing
I am a very new at this and it is driving me crazy. For example, I want to add all of column A + column B and I want the answer to go in C. I want this action to always happen automatically. How do I do this...in easy, non-math language?? I understand the basic concept of the formula, but it will only do it in C1, e.g I also get the error #name? Where do I enter this "name" and what is it referring to I would appreciate any and all help Thanks Amme your question is a little vague do you want c1 to add a1 & b1 then c2 to add a2 & b2 If yes then in c1 type in =a1+b1 o...

Increment a Task List
Hello - I'm creating a complicated Task List/Project Management document. I'm dividing the project up into a series of Tasks. Each task will have multiple sub-tasks. I would like to organize them as follows: 1 Major Task 1.1 Subtask A 1.2 Subtask B 2 Major Task 2.1 Subtask A 2.2 Subtask B I would like for Excel to automatically update the row tracking number as I add or delete rows. So if I add a third subtask, I would like it to automatically update the numbers as follows: 2 Major Task 2.1 Subtask A 2.2 NEW Subtask 2.3 Subtask B Any suggestions about how to execute this? Tha...

Force Service Start-up...
I have a small network with Active Directory Installed. The AD Domain is controlled by Win2003 Servers. I have a member server which is Win 2008 (R1) server. The central database for Sage's Simply Accounting is installed on this server. One of Sage's peculiarities is the "Connection Manager". This is installed on the server as a "service". And the start-up is "automatic". The problem is that when the server reboots, this installed service *does not start". It will not start unless you either launch Simply Accounting on the server, or unles...

How to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks without using Project.a
I know for tasks which are not summary tasks we can get TASK_ID field using statusing web service. But i could nto find any other options than Project web service to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks and the top level project task. Problem of using Project web service is that in my custom sharedpoint web part where we are using PSI web services we get all the data required using Resource and Statusing web service for the logged in resource. But Statusing web service retrieves TASK_ID only for actual tasks and not for summary tasks. Now just to get TASK_ID of summary tas...

Help with ActiveX
Hi all. I am just getting my feet wet using MFC and am having trouble with an ActiveX control I created. Essentially, I need an ActiveX control that is a container for local controls. What I have is a set of instruments with slightly different communications needs. My plan is to have separate controls for each instrument so that I can use a single exe for all of them. The exe provides the user interface while the ActiveX provides instrument feedback. There are no input fields on the ActiveX but there are several text fields and a progress bar. I am managing the text fields and progress bar in...

Removal of Outlook 2000 from XP home Help
I am attempting to remove an unauthorized version of Office 2K from a Win XP home computer. The Removal went fairly normal except that now when accessing any E-Mail client, the Windows installer is attemtping to install something from the Win 2K premium disk. Is there a Registery entry causing this problem? Is there a way to stop this from happening? do you know what it's installing and does it fix it if you give it the disk? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: ht...

Help me create sales chart based on state and quantity
We have a production report on excel. It shows the details for our clients. Part of that data includes the state in which the client lives. We are trying to create a chart showing the percentages of each state( so we know where the most deals are closed) Any suggestions? Hello mr_merchant_man, this sounds like a job for a pivot table, using Average as the data calculation operator. Or, depending on your version of Excel, you can use AVERAGEIFS (in Excel 2007) or calculate an averate with a combination of SUMIF divided by COUNTIF. To be more specific, it would help to s...

I want to stop a colum total and start it from nought (Access2003
I want to total a column of values and when it gets to a signal value, start it from nought from the next result entered. On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 07:05:01 -0800, KevinS <KevinS @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to total a column of values and when it gets to a signal value, start >it from nought from the next result entered. > You'll have to post some more description of your table structure and what you mean by a "signal value". You can see your database... nobody else can! -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Help with formula #28
I have an excel spread sheet with formulas that work correctly, when I email them to another person and they open the attachment all looks ok. When they save the excel file to their PC and open it the formula cells now all have #Name in them. Anyone know what is causing this??? The error message gives us a clue: Excel can't find something - things to check: 1. Make sure the receivers all are using the same add-ins as the sender 2. Make sure that personal.xls is the same for the receivers as the sender 3. Make sure all defined names are the same -- Gary's Student "Play...

need help Combo Box with duplicate entry.
I have a combo box with unique and non-unique entries. (search field) 00010 | john | smith | 12345 | 00002 00196 | jane | doe | 0120 | 00001 00196 | Jone| wood| 0220 | 00005 I would like the following to happen. 1) user types the number needed ( 10 ) 2) the combo box zero fills the field (00010) 3) then selects an entry from the combo box. (12345) if the select is incorrect ( one of the non-unique numbers was selected - 00196) the user will open the combo box and select the correct entry. (jone wood) add the info will be put on the form. the following code works if the user ente...

Sort Need
A B C Row 1 206 S. Harbor Dr. 206 S. Harbor Dr. =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) =TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)) First equ immediately above is in B1 =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) Second is in C1. =TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)) A1 is address in column of addresses to be sorted. Equ starting: =LEFT pulls out the street address number Equ starting: =TRIM pulls balance. Problem: In this example, Sort places C1 in rows starting with l...

Need disk # 2 for Home Publishing Premium 2000
The #2 disk of a (6) disk set in my Home Publishing Premium 2000 was demolished in my CD drive. This is the setup disk and since the CD is no longer available from Microsoft I need a copy badly. Is there anyone that can successfully copy a #2 disk? I will be more than happy to pay anyone for there trouble. Patsy wrote: > The #2 disk of a (6) disk set in my Home Publishing > Premium 2000 was demolished in my CD drive. This is the > setup disk and since the CD is no longer available from > Microsoft I need a copy badly. Is there anyone that can > successfully copy a #2 dis...

Date Query 12-07-07
Hello I'm trying to build a query that shows me all records where a field is older than 90 days from today or are null. I've tried using <Now()-"90" Or Is Null but this doesn't give the desired results. What am I getting wrong? Thanks Assumption: Your field is a date field Field: YourDateField Criteria: Is Null Or <DateAdd("d",-90,Date()) Or try dropping the quotes in your expression so it reads Field: YourDateField Criteria: <Now()-90 Or Is Null -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program Development and Management Un...

Help with cells auto formatting
Hi, I have posted a similar question before however I never really got this sorted so sorry for repeating myself. Basically I use two spreadsheets daily at work all with various information on and various formats in each Column. My problem is when I close the spreadsheet and reopen it the cells that are formatted as 'general' or 'number' turn into Euro currencies. Does anyone know why this happens or how I can stop it? The spreadsheets aren't stored locally they are stored on a serve that only myself and my boss can get onto and we both have the same p...

Problems with DATE data type
Hi!!! I've got a little problem with the next macro in Excel. The problem is that I must look for some information in a data bas using as filter a specific day an hour in the year. I get the date and the hour using a form and then the macro calle "Busqueda" receives the value. I've programmed the macro using MSQuery just to see the necessary cod and the problem has appeared when I've tried to include the para called "Dia" in the SQL code. I've tried using " & Dia & " but it doesn't work and I don't know ho to include my param...

Lookup Help
I have a spreadsheet with three tabs. Tab 1 needs to perform summary calculations Tab 2 & 3 are ODBC connections with source data from other files. Tab 2 is a sql query that is a cross tab with columns 1-4 representing row data and then the remaining columns are employee ids with a productivity value in their column. Not all columns have the same value as they correspond to a job/service performed on a specific date. My problem Tab 1, column 2 contains "completion dates from 1/1-current and refreshes based on tab 2 each time it opens. I need a lookup formula that wi...

Excel spradsheet automation help
there are 3 sheets in an excel spreadsheet say the names are 1,2 AND3 layouts ar ethere for all 3 sheets. the first sheet is used as input and based on certain fields/columns in the first sheet i need to populate entries in the second and 3 rd sheet. teh main purpose is taht based on the first sheet the 2 and 3 sheet should be automatically filled. wat kind of formula / macro should i be using .. im new to this and jsut know to create macro. CAn anybody help ON either Sheet 2 or Sheet 3, you can put this formula in any cell and it will return whatever value is in cell A1 on sheet 1. =Sh...

help with Excel Chart, Series name
Hello, I am using ORACLE OLE2 package to print a series bar graph in excel. I need to rename "Series Name" that comes out in as a char in excel. By defual the series are names as Series1, Series2, Series3,.....SeriesN. How can I access the handle to "Series Name" which help me change its name. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks you, Bilal Bilal, Manally, you do this with Chart - Source data - Series tab. There's a series name box. Select the series to be edited in the drop-down at the left first. It may have a cell reference currently in it, or you can...