multiple calendar resources

Hi all

New to project, so advice would be welcome.

Looking at setting up a new system for project management. Requirements as
follows:
1 project manager creating / scheduling installation projects.
10 engineers (resources?).

When creating a new project is there a way of automatically checking
engineer calendars to see if they are available from within project (so that
we don't have to manually check calendars), and we will need to publish and /
or update project tasks, as they are created or modified, to the engineers
calendars automatically.

What setup would we need? Is project server capable of this?

Thanks
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01CAAE66.6483B1D0

Hi Gary,

Not with the Standard version. Try posting on the =
microsoft.public.project.server newsgroup (forum).  Please see FAQ Item: =
24. Project Newsgroups.   FAQs, companion products and other useful =
Project information can be seen at this web address: =
http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm=20

Mike Glen
Project MVP

  "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Hi all

  New to project, so advice would be welcome.

  Looking at setting up a new system for project management. =
Requirements as=20
  follows:
  1 project manager creating / scheduling installation projects.
  10 engineers (resources?).

  When creating a new project is there a way of automatically checking=20
  engineer calendars to see if they are available from within project =
(so that=20
  we don't have to manually check calendars), and we will need to =
publish and /=20
  or update project tasks, as they are created or modified, to the =
engineers=20
  calendars automatically.

  What setup would we need? Is project server capable of this?

  Thanks
------=_NextPart_000_0045_01CAAE66.6483B1D0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16490"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Hi Gary,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Not with the Standard version. =
</FONT><FONT=20
face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Try posting on the =
microsoft.public.project.server=20
newsgroup (forum).&nbsp; Please see FAQ Item: 24. Project=20
Newsgroups.&nbsp;&nbsp; FAQs, companion products and other useful =
Project=20
information can be seen at this web address: <A=20
href=3D"http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm">http://project.mvps.org/faqs.ht=
m</A>=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS">Mike Glen<BR>Project MVP</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Gary" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Gary@discussions.microsoft.com">Gary@discussions.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:9FDF0AE2-526F-4032-9A91-3FE934E29001@microsoft.com">news:9FD=
F0AE2-526F-4032-9A91-3FE934E29001@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Hi=20
  all<BR><BR>New to project, so advice would be welcome.<BR><BR>Looking =
at=20
  setting up a new system for project management. Requirements as=20
  <BR>follows:<BR>1 project manager creating / scheduling installation=20
  projects.<BR>10 engineers (resources?).<BR><BR>When creating a new =
project is=20
  there a way of automatically checking <BR>engineer calendars to see if =
they=20
  are available from within project (so that <BR>we don't have to =
manually check=20
  calendars), and we will need to publish and / <BR>or update project =
tasks, as=20
  they are created or modified, to the engineers <BR>calendars=20
  automatically.<BR><BR>What setup would we need? Is project server =
capable of=20
  this?<BR><BR>Thanks</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01CAAE66.6483B1D0--

0
Mike

Resources #2
In Exchange 2003 how do I create resources for rooms, projectors, etc. that people can use when scheduling meetings? They are simply mailboxes. Check out http://www.swinc.com/erm. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "David Mendes" <someone@here.com> wrote in message news:O3V7HzLqFHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > In Exchange 2003 how do I create resources for rooms, projectors, etc. > that people can use when scheduling meetings? > ...

How can i a resource to an Document/view application?
Hello, i am trying to add an dialog to Document/View application? but i cannt, how can i attach the dialog to the Document? is there a way? thanks cNetWork wrote: > Hello, > i am trying to add an dialog to Document/View application? but i > cannt, > how can i attach the dialog to the Document? is there a way? cNetwork: What does "attach the dialog to the Document" mean? If you have added a dialog template in the resource editor, then you must associate a CDialog-derived class with it. This class can be instanciated and displayed anywhere in your code (provided you...

Calendar Connector #2
Hi all I need a little help. I am currently administrating a Exchange 2000 with a 2000 AD and we are having a small problem. When the migration from Lotus Notes was made there were an Calendar Connector made on the system, but it was never removed again. Now I am getting errors on the MOM server everytime we restart a server saying it has problems with the calendar connector (error pasted in below). The question is, how do I remove the connector? I can't find it under add/remove programs, and there is no option of just right clicking in ESM and delete. Error from MOM: Failed in re...

Calendar??
We are trying to find a way where our staff knows when the supervisors are going to be out? For example, we have outlook and they can update their calendar and share this with their staff. However we have 50 supervisors. How do you check for all 50 supervisors? Is there a way we can do this? we have a shared calendar where people enter this "out" time, the thing is, you have to enter the time there, as well as on your personal calendar "Facilities Guy" wrote: > We are trying to find a way where our staff knows when the supervisors are > going to be...

Calendar font problem
I have been trying to set up a new year's calendar using Microsoft Publisher's Calendar Wizard, but have run into a problem. I want to use font size 14 for the dates in each date checker board square, but I want to type in some text in font size 6. This hasn't worked like I think it should. I can type in the information with the chosen type and font size, and all looks well, but when I save that page and go on to the next one somethign gets scrambled. When I come back to the original page some of the date font size will have been changed to font size 6 and some of the text font siz...

Pasting on multiple pages
This is probably a very simple problem to sort, but I've no idea where to start. I am creating a new publisher document with multiple pages (Y). I copy a group of objects from another publisher document (X) and paste them onto page 1 of Y. Then I open another publisher document (Z), copy a group of objects and paste them into page 2 of document Y. I go to page 1 to find the group from Z has replaced the orginal contents on from document X. Just as an example, I'd pasted 5 different groups of objects onto 5 different pages in one document, and then found that the most recent had...

Handling Multiple Marketing Lists
Hello; We are attempting to import mulitple marketing lists into CRM, and it would be *nice* to be able to keep each list seperate rather than importing them all into the Leads section as one big, monster pile ;D Is this possible? Has anyone figured-out a way to keep multiple marketing lists? Sincerely, Todd M. Taylor Sounds like you are simply trying to break them down. One example would be if you had multiple marketing campaigns. You want a way to show that each lead was assigned to each campaign. One way would be to add a drop down picklist with a list of campaigns etc so even though...

Creat a chart to show peak usage times for a resource
I'm no genius at Excel (2002 or 2003)and I could really use some help on the best way to display some data I have. What it shows is the usage of a training drop-in room, with details of the arrival time and period spent / per user / per day. There seems far too much data to put into a chart in any way that I can think of, but I really would like to be able to illustrate the spread and volume of clients throughout each day. Please can anyone give me simplistic information on how best to creat this as a visual report so that we can easily summarise usage information? Any ideas would be ap...

Addition function of multiple cells
Does anyone know if there is a function that will take a list of numbers in different cells and run various addition combinations on the list to detemine which cells will add to a specific number? For example: A1 = 1 A2 = 2 A3 = 5 A4 = 7 I want to know which cells added to gether will give me 6...answer = A1 + A3 On Tue, 25 May 2010 11:11:01 -0700, DB74 <DB74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if there is a function that will take a list of numbers in >different cells and run various addition combinations on the list to detemine >which ce...

Calendar To Stay at Last Date Entered
I have a calendar in a form. We do data entry for information that could have occurred today, yesterday, or a couple of days ago, like over a weekend. The form always goes back to todays date. How do I get the calendar to stay at the last date entered? Somehow you will need to record the last date entered in a table somewhere. I use a system table for such items. Bill wrote: >I have a calendar in a form. We do data entry for information that could >have occurred today, yesterday, or a couple of days ago, like over a weekend. > The form always goes back to todays date. How ...

FAQ: 2005 Calendar Templates - Mon
Here are some templates for Calendars designed for Monday through Sunday as opposed to the U.S. Sunday through Saturday standard: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC011539601033.aspx?CategoryID=CT011371131033 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC011539631033.aspx?CategoryID=CT011371131033 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC011539591033.aspx?CategoryID=CT011371131033 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC011539611033.aspx?CategoryID=CT011371131033 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting i...

Excel hogs resources
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C4CAED.0FB3FB90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a way to allocate/limit resources for Excel. I have several = formulas I run (and drag down thousands of rows) and I can't use my PC = for about 20 minutes while these formulas are running because Excel = takes up 99% of my CPU. Is there an easy way to limit how much resources = Excel uses? I realize the formulas will take longer to run, but at least = I could perform other tasks while Excle...

CHANGE CALENDAR VIEW in 2003
would like to view only the current month in my 2003 version. I don't want to see the ending days/dates of last month nor the first few days of the next month. "violet" <violet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7046351-33D1-4BBC-9EEB-2515B37CC030@microsoft.com... > would like to view only the current month in my 2003 version. > I don't want to see the ending days/dates of last month nor the first few > days of the next month. Sorry, but that can't be done. Outlook must put _something_ in the extra spaces preceeding the f...

Summary of Resources Calendar
I want to use outlook/exchange to schedule conference rooms and other resources. I need to have a summary calendar that shows what events are occuring on a given day. I've tried using view group schedules but you can't print from this view. Does anyone have any suggestions for combining resource calendars? Daron, I am not sure if there's a work around from within Outlook. You could, however, see this link for some possible solutions: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm#groupschedule Regards -- Nagendra Sitharamaiah MCSE, CCNA, MCT, CISSP Microsoft Use of...

how to delete mutliple calendar entries all at once?
my outlook has made dec 31st birthdays out of all my contacts. moreover,all of them are tagged with reminders and yearly repeats. don't understand how it happened but need help to wipe them out. surely there must be a way other than manually deleting each and everyone? thank you! switch to a table view, like by category - then sort by date. The Dec 31 dates should all be together. Select the first, hold ctrl and select the last then hit Del. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.sl...

resource file
Hi, Can anyone help me to solve this problem. In my resource file, I include a header file which contains all the ID values. But, when it's compiled, it returns an error which say ../ids.h(29) : fatal error RC1004: unexpected end of file found Any idea? Thanks Chris "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Can anyone help me to solve this problem. In my resource >file, I include a header file which contains all the ID >values. But, when it's compiled, it returns an error which >say > >./ids.h(29) : fatal error R...

Details gone in calendar view
In calendar view my appointments do not show any details unless I open the appointments up. I was able to 'hover' over an appointment and a bubble would show all that was not visible in calendar view. Now it's gone. I have no idea what I did to cause this. Any suggestions? Thanx!!! ...

span a table to multiple pages
Hi, I have a very long table with 300+ rows. Instead of adding a new table to every pages, is there a command to "span" the one table to multiple pages? Thanks! Not in Publisher. Publisher only allows 128 rows per page. Word has this capability. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Tom" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u1WmV9bHJHA.1940@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a very long table with 300+ rows. Instead of adding a new table to > every pages, is there a command to "span" the one table to multiple pages? >...

Resource Scheduling #4
We currently use Outlook 2002 and exchange server 5.5. We have a group of users who are tutors. The tutor's appointments are scheduled by a scheduling team. We understand how to allow the scheduling team the correct permissions to make entries in the tutors' diaries using delegate permissions, however, we want to create a situation where the tutors can make entries in their own diaries but cannot change entries made by the scheduling team. We carried out the following on a test tutor diary in Outlook. Tools Options; Calendar Options; Resource Scheduling, we ticked the option...

Count rows based on multiple criteria
I have a need to count the number of rows in an Excel spreadsheet based on contents of multiple cells. The formula is on one worksheet and all data is on a second worksheet. IE: count all rows that have the word "Windows" in column B and the word "Complete" in column G. Have not been able to figure this out with common functions like count, countif, dcount, etc. Help appreciated. -- DMG IT Professional Search for SUMPRODUCT or SUMIFS if you use XL-2007 "dmg" wrote: > I have a need to count the number of rows in an Excel spreadshee...

OL2K3 sortiing and categorizing calendar entries
I'm a little embarrassed to ask this question because I feel as though the answer should be obvious. Nevertheless... I would like to be able to view my calendar entries by category and then sort on the date field while maintaining my arrange by category view. In OL2K, I could do this without any problem. In OK2K3, when I click on the date column, my arrangement by category is lost. Thoughts on how to do this would be greatly appreciated, and a bit humbling. Go through the View | Arrange By | Current View | Customize Current View = and set both grouping and sorting there.=20 --=2...

Multiple Column Sorting
I've been reading online about sorting multiple columns and I'm confused. Selecting one column to sort also selects all the other columns as well, at least in Excel 2000 and XP. I didn't see any difference in selecting one column or using the "Then by" boxes, in fact, the "Then by" choices didn't work. If the first column sorted in ascending order, and I chose to sort the second and third columns to sort in descending order, Excel still sorted all three columns in ascending order. If Excel sorts the all the columns together by default, why use the "Then...

Multiple Products
Hi I would just like to ask if anyone is aware of whether or not you can add multiple line items when using the mail merge functionality in Version 4. Thanks Mark ...

Multiple Spin-off
Hi, I have a question for how to create a transaction for a multiple spin-off. First, my set up, I'm using Microsoft Money 2007 deluxe and running Windows XP home edition. Tyco recently spun off two companies, Tyco Electronics [29.23%] and Covidien [31.75%], when I try to use the spin-off utility in Money it doesn't give me the option for multiple spin-offs. The first thing I tried was to perform one spin-off to a bogus name that combined the two companies [60.98%]. I was then going to spin the two companies off from the bogus company. However, that seamed to consume all the c...

Selecting Multiple Cells.
I know how to select a range of cells by specifying reference in nam box. Examples: A10:A20 (The range of cells in column A and rows 10 through 20) 5:5 (All cells in row 5) However, I am attempting to select every third cell going down colum A, beginning with A3. I can enter A3, A6, A9 (This will select just those cells.) Is there a shortcut I can use to continue this pattern of every thir cell indefinitely? (I actually need to select every third cell down t A4950.) Thank you for any assistance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here's one way: 1. Put this in ...